PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help Making a Dragon PC

glitterbaby
2015-09-13, 04:23 PM
Hello again all. I come once again seeking help in building a character for a campaign in which I am playing. My previous character met an untimely demise at the hands of the Deck of Many things and so I'm looking to replace him.

The party consists of a warblade, a swordsage, a bow-using ranger/homebrew PrC, a druid, and a wizard so I'm looking at bringing in something that feels cleric in it's casting and still has the ability to gish. To this end I was thinking of playing a dragon PC that has either uses a lot of cleric spells in it's sorcerer casting or has it's casting switched entirely over to cleric casting entirely somehow.

Level 8
32 point buy
2 flaws

My idea was to take a Loredrake Wyrmling Steel Dragon and maybe head towards Abjurant Champion or some other PrC's that advance casting with a halfway decent chassis. The problem I'm running in to is getting a divine conversion and then also getting Turn Attempts. I'm not 100% devoted to using DMM: Persist but I would like some way to have both cleric flavored casting and the ability to have buffs up for a longer duration than usual so I don't have to waste actions putting them up at the start of every combat.

So I ask for advice in either solving the problems I've encountered or pitching a different build altogether that accomplishes the things I've said I want to accomplish.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

WhamBamSam
2015-09-14, 12:52 AM
Is being evil going to be a problem for you? You'll have a much easier time getting into Ur-Priest than you will setting up a Divine Conversion build, especially as Divine Conversion probably doesn't convert anything but the 3 levels of racial casting from Steel Loredrake, even if you progress it entirely with PrCs (which by strict RAW, you can't even do, as you don't actually "belong" to the Sorcerer class until you've actually taken a level in it).

Steel Loredrake 4/Sorcerer 1/Ur-Priest 2/Geomancer X is a pretty decent DMM Persist dragon build, as an example. A Singer of Concordance 2 auto-qualification dip to snag Knowledge Devotion or something might also not go amiss, and auto-qualification for a PrC normally reserved for the clergy of Io goes well with Ur-Priest flavor.

The handbook in my sig could stand to get updated, but it should be of some help. There's a lot of stuff about gishes and divine casting in there.