PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Bard build

LordAlabast
2015-09-13, 07:35 PM
Alright, this one's been floating in my mind, but I'm not sure how it would work.

Bard 5/Mountebank3/Virtuoso2/Sublime Chord2/Virtuoso8 (I haven't actually checked to see if those three levels of Mountebank instead of Bard allow me to meet the prerequisites of Sublime Chord, but for now I'm using this assumption. I'm not dead set on that particular class anyway, it's just a convenience.)

My bard, as you have probably gathered from my last posts, does not center around music, but instead the lying charismatic part of the Bard. I decided having a three level dip into the Mountebank class would be useful. I would like to note, I found two different Mountebank classes. The one I'm referring to is the one with alter egos. At level 3, a Mountebank gets an alter ego with a completely different personalty, voice, appearance, etc. I thought it would be incredibly useful for, you guesses it, crime. With one alter ego I can have a friendly good doing character, and then a sub personality to do things that would hurt my reputation with. Stealing, lying, cheating, I could get away with all of it with one personality, and if people start catching on I can run out of sight and go to a personality that looks completely different, my main one, and avoid the trouble. I feel that would make life incredibly more complicated, but also easier. I should be able to meet the requirements at exactly level 5, as I already meet most of them, then acquire the class at level 6. Three levels will get me that alter ego I so desire, and then I can switch to Virtuoso at level 9, and life goes on.

Opinions on the build? Is it actually worth anything, or are these the delusions of a new player?