PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sun Monster Conversion - 2nd to 5th edition.

M Placeholder
2015-09-14, 06:55 AM
Howdy Y'all. Im going to be starting up my Dark Sun Campaign again, and I want to throw at them the worst that Athas can muster.

So, can anyone give me a starter on how to convert the monsters from Terrors of the Desert and Terrors Beyond Tyr from 2nd edition to 5th Edition for the monsters of Dark Sun?

Network
2015-09-16, 01:39 PM
Which edition of the game do you think is easier to convert from? Do you insist on converting from 2nd edition, or have you considered a conversion based on 3rd or 4th edition of Dark Sun?

I unfortunately have no experience with 5th edition monster statblocks, so I can't offer much advice otherwise.

M Placeholder
2015-09-20, 01:10 PM
Which edition of the game do you think is easier to convert from? Do you insist on converting from 2nd edition, or have you considered a conversion based on 3rd or 4th edition of Dark Sun?

I unfortunately have no experience with 5th edition monster statblocks, so I can't offer much advice otherwise.

I would consider a conversion from 3rd to 5th edition, but I have no idea how to do that. The third party sourcebooks Terrors of Athas and Terrors of the Dead Lands have everything that I need, just I don't know how to convert from one edition to another.

On a hunch, I would say that 3rd to 5th would be the best, as I am not a fan of 4th edition Dark Sun.