PDA

View Full Version : Unseelie vs. Undead

Yaitanos
2015-09-14, 07:09 AM
So a player of mine is playing an Unseelie with the winters chill ability and wants to work out a way to make it affect undead. Arguing that bards can take feats to make their effects work on undead, so he should be able to as well. I'm a little iffy on the matter as I really don't think the zombie cares how pretty you are, but there is some logic in his argument so I present this to the board; Is there a way to get the Unseelie get ability Winter's chill to work on undead?

Taveena
2015-09-14, 07:15 AM
Greater Humanoid Essence spell works on most mind-affecting immune enemies. Spark of Life is an undead-specific version.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-09-14, 07:39 AM
Zombies are undead as well as mindless. If the unseelie ability affects undead (through homebrew or otherwise), but not mindless creatures, you'd be able to affect vampires and liches, but not zombies.

Yaitanos
2015-09-14, 07:42 AM
Zombies are undead as well as mindless. If the unseelie ability affects undead (through homebrew or otherwise), but not mindless creatures, you'd be able to affect vampires and liches, but not zombies.

It states it affects living non fey.

Bronk
2015-09-14, 08:40 AM
It states it affects living non fey.

Flavor/fluff-wise, I'd say that the living dead are already creepier than unseelie fey, so why would they be creeped out by them themselves, even if they weren't mindless?

Also, the Unseelie Fey template already has a power that he could have taken to affect the undead had he really wanted to: Vernal Touch.

You could easily create a feat for your player to take that would do what he wants. You could name it something like"Super Creepy, So Creepy the Living Dead Are Like, 'Whoa, Tone It Down'"