PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Project] Unique Secondary Classes

Xuldarinar
2015-09-14, 09:47 AM
UNIQUE SECONDARY CLASSES

The classes below are not things that an individual takes on as a full class, but exist purely as secondary classes and are utilized through variant multiclassing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement#TOC-Variant-Multiclassing). Some may be something that may mesh the best with a particular class and could be seen as an archetype in VMC form, where as others may be concepts entirely their own. I welcome not only input on ones I create, but also for others to contribute their own ideas or creations along the same lines.

Plaguefire Adept
Disfigured by contact with primal magics, afflicted as if by a magical disease, a plaguefire adept is an individual who has learned to tap into the magics that linger within them, creating gouts of ebon primal flames. A character who chooses plaguefire adept as her secondary class gains the following class features.

-Plagued and Burned: At 1st level, she is deformed by her unfortunate contact with primal magics. He gains the wasting oracle's curse and treats her effective oracle level for the purpose of advancing this curse as equal to 1/2 her character level. She also acquires the kineticst's burn class feature, treating her effective kineticist level as being 1/2 her character level + 1, and she may only accept a total number of points of burn equal to her Constitution modifier.
-Plaguefire Blast (Sp): At 3rd level, she becomes releasing a burst of spellplagued flame. This functions as the kineticist's kinetic blast and utilizes the fire blast wild talent, except it is a sickly black in color and deals acid damage instead of fire damage. Whenever she would do fire damage with a wild talent, she instead does acid damage.
-Plaguefire Talent: At 7th level, she gains a single wild talent of the fire element for which she would qualify for as a kineticist of half her character level, or of her kineticist level, which ever is higher.
-Primal Infusion (Su): Starting at 11th level, when she releases plaguefire she can trigger a primal magic event. This is a 3rd-level substance infusion that costs 2 points of burn and can be used with blue flame blast, fire blast, magma blast, plasma blast, and steam blast.
-Improved Plaguefire Talent: At 15th level, she gains one additional Wild Talent.
-Greater Plaguefire Talent: At 19th level, she gains one additional Wild Talent.

Synthesist
A character who chooses synthesist as his secondary class gains the following secondary class features.

-Meld Monster: At 3rd level, he gains the ability to summon the essence of monsters to meld into his own being, using the summoner's summon monster spell-like ability as a summoner of his character level – 2. This functions identically to synthesist's fused eidolon class feature, except treating the monster summoned using summon monster as the eidolon. He functions as both his current type and the type of monster summoned, whichever is less favorable to him at the moment, and uses his or the monster's base attack bonus, which ever is greater. He can use this ability once per day; the casting time is 1 full round, and the duration is 1 round per effective summoner level.

-Fused Eidolon: At 7th level, he gains the ability to summon the essence of a powerful outsider to meld with his own being, using the statistics of a fused eidolon for a summoner of his character level – 4, except with half as many evolution points. This fused eidolon can only be summoned by expending a use of his summon monster spell-like ability.

-Additional Melds: At 11th level, he can use his summon monster spell-like ability three times per day.

-Shielded Meld: At 15th level, he gains the shielded meld class feature.

-Aspect: At 19th level, he gains the aspect class feature, except he can divert only 1 evolution point from his eidolon to himself.

-Note: Instead of using summon monster for meld monster, you may use summon horror (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/ascension-games/summon-horror) for a meld horror ability.

Vile Scholar (WiP)
A character who chooses vile scholar as her secondary class gains the following class features.

-Vile Study: At 1st level, she may substitute Abyssal, Aklo, or Infernal for one of the bonus languages available to her because of her race. Additionally, she treats Linguistics as a class skill.
-Vile Knowledge: At 3rd level, she learns one vile knowledge from the table below.
-Vile Knowledge: At 7th level, she learns an additional vile knowledge from the table below.
-Vile Knowledge: At 11th level, she learns an additional vile knowledge from the table below.
-Vile Knowledge: At 15th level, she learns an additional vile knowledge from the table below.
-???: At 19th level, ???

Vile KnowledgePrerequisitesBenefit
Aberrance
Command
Corruption
Dread
Power
Tactics

spikeof2010
2015-09-14, 01:20 PM
I like this, maybe you could convert synthetist into a VMC

Xuldarinar
2015-09-14, 02:33 PM
I like this, maybe you could convert synthetist into a VMC

Done. I could have just made an easy conversion but I also threw in something else, altering the summon monster normally obtained to fit a bit more in line with the synthesist's theme.

So.. at 20th level you can turn into a Glabrezu for 18 rounds if you wanted to.

spikeof2010
2015-09-23, 05:11 PM
Strange few request here.

That one plague mage from 3.5e.
Malconvoker
Spell Sage
and maybe the Psion from Dreamscarred?

Xuldarinar
2015-09-23, 06:09 PM
Strange few request here.

That one plague mage from 3.5e.
Malconvoker
Spell Sage
and maybe the Psion from Dreamscarred?

We are deviating further, but alright. I'll gladly do those.

Cancer Mage (a la Book of Vile Darkness)? Heres one approach, though one may consider it a work in progress:

Plague Host (Ex): At 3rd level, he gains the benefits of the plaguebringer class feature from the antipaladin class, except should a cure disease spell or effect be cast upon him and he fails resist the effect with a Fortitude save, he takes 1d6 points of damage.
Contagion (Sp): At 7th level, he gains the ability to cast contagion a number of times per day equal to half his character level. The DC for the target's saving throw is 13 + his Wisdom modifier.
Tumor Familiar: At 11th level, he gains the tumor familiar alchemist discovery.
Perceive the Diseased (Su): At 15th level, he is immediately aware of the number of individuals within a 1 mile radius of himself that possess a disease he currently does. As a standard action he can focus on one of these individuals as determine which disease, or diseases. While focused on an individual, he does not detect disease in other individuals in range, but he knows in what direction they are in and how far. Additionally, as a standard action, they may choose to see, hear, or feel everything the individual does. Ending either effect is a free action.
Dominate the Diseased (Sp): At 19th level, he gains the ability to cast dominate person, except it functions only on any creature currently infected with a disease that he currently possesses. This effect allows no save and shares uses with his contagion ability.

Malconvoker, I'll take a crack at later, but I think it would basically be summoner, except you are calling evil creatures while you are good.
Spell sage, I'll also do later.

Psion, however, I can just throw this together:

Discipline: At 1st level, he chooses a discipline in which to specialize. For all abilities of that discipline, he treats his character level as his effective psion level. Additionally, he gains wild talent as a bonus feat.
Psicrystal Affinity: At 3rd level, he gains psicrystal affinity as a bonus feat.
Discipline Ability: At 7th level, he gains the 2nd-level ability of his chosen discipline.
Talents: At 11th level, if he has an Intelligence score of 10 or higher, he chooses a psion talent from his chosen discipline and can manifest that talent as a psi-like ability at will. He uses his character level as the manifester level and Intelligence as the talent's key ability score.
Improved Discipline Ability: At 15th level, he gains the 8th-level ability of his chosen discipline.
Greater Discipline Ability: At 19th level, he gains the 14th-level ability of his chosen discipline.

spikeof2010
2015-09-23, 07:21 PM
Maybe a Plague Druid type VMC then? Or a Tainted Sorcerer type jig.