PDA

View Full Version : So, my main Pathfinder game has been put on hiatus until winter break

MonkeySage
2015-09-14, 10:18 AM
Difficulty getting everyone in one place, or even getting them at all, has led me to put my game on hold until it becomes easier to organize. In the mean time, I would like to consider the possible directions for the game.

The story up til now:
The players started out hunting down a group of bold goblin raiders in the savanna near starting village, and discovered that these goblins were working for a character known only as "The Ram". After clearing the mines where these goblins were holed up, the party began its search for information on "The Ram", dealing with the totalitarian imperial regime as they went along. After a while, they discovered that "The Ram" was a member of a secret triad of a sort, with two other characters "The Wolf", and "The Hart"(yes, Wulfram & Hart). They were given a set of directions they could go in where goblinoid bases could be found throughout the empire(mostly on the outskirts of imperial borders, but all over the place). All of them either associated with The Ram, or soon to be so.

On their way to a far northern base, they were all attacked by a group of "Contract Mages", and suffered their first two deaths at the hands of these assassins. They learned that the assassins, 2 humans and a half elf, were working for "The Wolf", who apparently runs an assassination academy for mages, the "Hidden Wands Academy". As they made it to their destination, the dwarven druid learned that the forest he once called home was clear cut by an army of hobgoblins.

Up until now, they've been dealing with a ghoul outbreak in the region(little sidequest so I could work on the greater plot related stuff).

Events in town: The Emperor himself is in town for his sister Princess Laura's wedding to the local High King(The kingdom just became a vassal to the empire), the Druids of the Sun(brother circle to the dwarf's Druids of the Wood) are holding their Winter Solstice Festival, and the town is finally recovering from the ghoul outbreak. And more forest has been destroyed.

The players have met the emperor, a moment that for them was extremely tense(I'd actually love the opportunity to let them witness what the emperor is capable of without having to fight him, as he's an incredibly strong warrior in his own right).

What the players don't realize, and what I don't intend to share with them until later, is that the emperor is The Hart; his deal with The Ram allows him to easily persuade new territories to join the empire for "protection" without resorting to bloody warfare. The Hart is trying to root out and eradicate a cult with the help of The Ram and The Wolf.

I think I may be able to use this opportunity to consider the different paths they could take at this time, work on the other goblin camps as well as the academy. I can't plan late game too far ahead, but I need to avoid dungeons if at all possible.

Minor developments:

Tiefling alchemist recently learned that her ancestor was a horseman, specifically Death or Athart(God of Death and creator of all Daemon kind in my setting)