PDA

View Full Version : What diablo 3 spells/abilities would you add to 5e?

BladeWing81
2015-09-14, 04:26 PM
lets play a little home brew,

Rogue or Ranger vault: moved 15 ft from current location and make a ranged attack as a bonus action?

Monk Dashing strike (4 ki points): as an action move up to 20 ft from your current location, any enemy in that line makes a Dex saving throw on a failed save takes 4d10 bludgening damage or half that if succeds

Cleric Condemn 3rd lvl evocation: An explosion of radiant light is unleash from your paladin expanting in a 10ft radious any enemy caugth in the blast must make a constitution saving throw. a creature takes 4d10 radiant damage on a failed save or half as much an a successful one. Undead or Evil creatures have disadvantage on this saving throw.

KorvinStarmast
2015-09-14, 04:28 PM
Crusader Skill: Judgment.
Root them in place.
Let the mage/sorcerer/missile shooters finish them off.

Not sure what level skill that ought to be.

Safety Sword
2015-09-14, 05:33 PM
The Crusader's Shield Glare should be a property of a magic weapon that can be used once per long rest (or something like that).

BladeWing81
2015-09-14, 07:18 PM
Crusader Skill: Judgment.
Root them in place.
Let the mage/sorcerer/missile shooters finish them off.

Not sure what level skill that ought to be.

How about restrained until next end of turn if they fail a Cons check and 3d8 radiant damage and half that and not restrained if they succeed and make it lvl 2 evocation?

Coidzor
2015-09-14, 10:09 PM
Definitely the Witch Doctor's ability to conjure and throw jars of spiders at people.

Sigreid
2015-09-14, 11:04 PM
Definitely the Witch Doctor's ability to conjure and throw jars of spiders at people.

That would be kind of an awesome description of EB.

Hyena
2015-09-14, 11:30 PM
I have never played Diablo 3 - I have, however, played Heroes of the Storm, and one of crusader's ultimate is one of my favourite abilities ever. "When crusader Johanna throws her mighty shield!". Yes, I know it's called "Blessed shield", but I call it "When crusader Johanna throws her mighty shield!"

Regwon
2015-09-15, 05:40 AM
Lightning inferno...

kaoskonfety
2015-09-15, 06:53 AM
Lightning inferno...

I can see some space in the Level 6 + evocation camp for a 'small' cone effect of "fire and lightning damage - alot of it"

Haunt - a damage over time effect that "jumps" to a new target if the current is reduced to 0 hp would look nifty in the Warlock space but it would stack well with Hex; like REALLY well.

BladeWing81
2015-09-15, 08:39 AM
I have never played Diablo 3 - I have, however, played Heroes of the Storm, and one of crusader's ultimate is one of my favourite abilities ever. "When crusader Johanna throws her mighty shield!". Yes, I know it's called "Blessed shield", but I call it "When crusader Johanna throws her mighty shield!"

I love that ultimate!!
MMmmmmm... How about...
Crussader's Holy Shield lvl 3 invocation: A magical Shield Is thrown By the Paladin and up to 3 enemy characters Make a Dexterity Saving throw, on a failed Save a creature takes 4d8 Magic Bludgening Damage and are Stunned until the end of your next turn, or half damage and are not stunned on a successful save.

Mr.Moron
2015-09-15, 08:59 AM
I love that ultimate!!
MMmmmmm... How about...
Crussader's Holy Shield lvl 3 invocation: A magical Shield Is thrown By the Paladin and up to 3 enemy characters Make a Dexterity Saving throw, on a failed Save a creature takes 4d8 Magic Bludgening Damage and are Stunned until the end of your next turn, or half damage and are not stunned on a successful save.

I think it would be more suitable as an alternative channel divinity than a spell. Personal opinion.

Logosloki
2015-09-15, 08:59 AM
Hydra, Archon and Arcane Torrent would be shoo-ins. Archon being one of my favourite skills from diablo III especially.

KorvinStarmast
2015-09-15, 09:06 AM
I can see some space in the Level 6 + evocation camp for a 'small' cone effect of "fire and lightning damage - alot of it"

Haunt - a damage over time effect that "jumps" to a new target if the current is reduced to 0 hp would look nifty in the Warlock space but it would stack well with Hex; like REALLY well.

You could even reach back to Diablo II and make the Diablo Breath a combination of physical and lightning damage. :smallbiggrin: