PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How Many Feats does Awaken Construct Grant?

SorenKnight
2015-09-14, 08:46 PM
So I had a Pathfinder question and I was worried about it being a little to complicated for the Q&A thread, so here we go.

The thread says most of it, but to expand on it the Awaken Construct (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/awaken-construct) spell makes a previously mindless construct sentient and furthermore says that

It gains feats and skill points according to its new Intelligence score, and the skill points are assigned appropriately for its function, as determined by the GM.

So how many skills/feats does it gain? The rules never actually say in the spell, only that it is based on Intelligence.
Thank you!

AtlasSniperman
2015-09-14, 09:13 PM
all constructs have HD, so I'd assume 2+intmod sp/HD and 1/3HD+1 feats, as normal for a fighter

Jeraa
2015-09-14, 10:39 PM
So I had a Pathfinder question and I was worried about it being a little to complicated for the Q&A thread, so here we go.

The thread says most of it, but to expand on it the Awaken Construct (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/awaken-construct) spell makes a previously mindless construct sentient and furthermore says that

So how many skills/feats does it gain? The rules never actually say in the spell, only that it is based on Intelligence.
Thank you!

Constructs have 2+ Int mod skill points/hit dice, and they gain feats at the same rate as all other characters/creatures (1 at every odd numbered hit die).

Milo v3
2015-09-15, 04:20 AM
[(HD+1)/2]+1 like all other sentient creatures.

SorenKnight
2015-09-15, 06:27 AM
Thank you.

unseenmage
2015-09-15, 09:58 AM
In my extended signature there's a thread about what the top 10 feats are in PF that any creature can take just for situations like this.

The 3.x version of that thread was more useful as the feat prerequisites for feats that grant superpowers are more lenient in 3.x.

Both threads should help give you a better idea of what feats just any old Construct suddenly made sentient can take.