PDA

View Full Version : What Character am I? let's see how this goes! Maybe make it work!

SodaDarwin
2015-09-14, 09:02 PM
So, I did a couple of those silly little online 'test' thingies to see what kind of DnD character I am. First one I did was a kinda rubbish ability score test, I got these results:

STR: 5
DEX: 12
CON: 11
INT: 13
WIS: 13
CHA: 12

...I don't even know how that first one happened. Second one I did was a little more reasonable, but still very strange.

STR: 12
DEX: 13
CON: 11
INT: 13
WIS: 11
CHA: 14

That one also gave me a race, class and alignment. Human Wizard, Neutral Good. With 0 points of evil. Well now.
Firstly: How could you make those two work, with or without the given race/class for the latter of the two?
Secondly: Anybody wanna have a go at them?
The first one: http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/terragf/back/xstattest.html
The latter one used, rather long: http://www.easydamus.com/character.html

Hawkstar
2015-09-14, 09:07 PM
That second one fails to acknowledge anything beneath average ability.

DanyBallon
2015-09-14, 09:27 PM
I'll try my chance with the first one.

You're a noble child that got some harsh sickness while you were young and forced you to spend most of your time in bed. While the sickness drained your strenght, your mind was sharp, so your parents got you tutors to teach you. You were a good student and eager to learn more and more. As the years passed your health improved and while your muscular mass would never fully recover, you got back as healthy as any other normal kid. You continued your studies, but spent more and more time being just a kid. in order to compensate for your weak stature, you developped tricks of your own to get through everyday chores.

So with this backstory I'd say that you can be from any race, and have a mix of noble, sage and/or accolyte background. (i went with noble because in medieval time, poor sick kid didn't have much chance to survive. Nobles kid neither, but they had slightly better chance)

kaoskonfety
2015-09-15, 10:54 AM
well... crap.

True Neutral (tied with NG) Human Druid (5th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 15
Dexterity- 15
Constitution- 16
Intelligence- 16
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 16

so either I'm AWSOME or I'm full of myself when answering the questions or the 'test' is messed up.

The other (angelfire) gives a slightly more reasonable but still kind out there:
Str 10
Dex 16
Con 13
INT 15 (14/16)
Wis 13
Cha 14

I'd play either of these at most tables, no problem.

Thuran
2015-09-15, 02:44 PM
Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (5th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 16
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 16
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 13

Alignment:
Lawful Good- A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Sorcerers- Sorcerers are arcane spellcasters who manipulate magic energy with imagination and talent rather than studious discipline. They have no books, no mentors, no theories just raw power that they direct at will. Sorcerers know fewer spells than wizards do and acquire them more slowly, but they can cast individual spells more often and have no need to prepare their incantations ahead of time. Also unlike wizards, sorcerers cannot specialize in a school of magic. Since sorcerers gain their powers without undergoing the years of rigorous study that wizards go through, they have more time to learn fighting skills and are proficient with simple weapons. Charisma is very important for sorcerers; the higher their value in this ability, the higher the spell level they can cast.

KorvinStarmast
2015-09-15, 04:48 PM
Arggh, the internet ate my background story.
Blah, I guess he died before he made it to second level. :smallfurious:

PoeticDwarf
2015-09-16, 06:59 AM
In my signature is the one I am, I think it is correct except that my strength score would rather be 8 than 12+.

Randomthom
2015-09-16, 09:07 AM
Neutral Good Human Sorcerer (4th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 14
Dexterity- 14
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 17
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 14

Nice set of stats! :)

I was almost a wizard which would suit them better.

Eugoraton Feiht
2015-09-16, 03:31 PM
Chaotic Evil Human Ranger (4th level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 15
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 18
Charisma- 14

Vogonjeltz
2015-09-16, 05:17 PM
That second one fails to acknowledge anything beneath average ability.

Well, Adventurers are all above average, so if the test is assuming you're capable of being an adventurer maybe the 2nd one is upping the person's stats to make it reasonable that they can adventure.

Conversely, the first one is maybe more accurately reflecting things like the person's strength: maybe SodaDarwin can't lift more than 150 lbs.

That being said, this also probably reflects the common pyschological problem that people have in accurately estimating their abilities. "Columbia Business School even has a term for it now. They call it "honest overconfidence" and they have found that men on average rate their performance to be 30 percent better than it is." - The Confidence Code, page 19

SodaDarwin
2015-09-16, 10:58 PM
Well, Adventurers are all above average, so if the test is assuming you're capable of being an adventurer maybe the 2nd one is upping the person's stats to make it reasonable that they can adventure.

Conversely, the first one is maybe more accurately reflecting things like the person's strength: maybe SodaDarwin can't lift more than 150 lbs.

That being said, this also probably reflects the common pyschological problem that people have in accurately estimating their abilities. "Columbia Business School even has a term for it now. They call it "honest overconfidence" and they have found that men on average rate their performance to be 30 percent better than it is." - The Confidence Code, page 19
This, this to infinity. Not only can I not lift over 150 lbs on my own (I think), but yeah people do tend to overstate themselves a lot.
Though, the second one does seem to give everyone roughly evenly distributed scores. I prefer the first one despite the lack of depth to it, just because it's so... blunt? Unbiased? Not sure what word to use there.
But yeah. Fun results it looks like! Hooooraaay.