PDA

View Full Version : Age of Ice [IC]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-14, 08:49 AM
Autun Harvest Festival, Village of Vale

You are all sitting around a table made of dark wood. There are benches of the same wood on either side. You reconize it as stained oak, probably made by Jaron Ironfounderson, the Garrock council member. On one side of the bench are Alea and Altoma, and on the other side are Lamagra and Zanetus. The sky is dark, but the stars are not yet out. The table is situated a little off from all the other tables, but still in the large field. Most of the celebrations took place before the meal. Each of you have a trucheon (a thick peice of bread used as a plate) and wooden utensils in from of you, except for Zanetus, who has a metal knife. In the middle of the table are several dishes: roasted potatoes, salads, pork, and apples.
Alea
Alea is a short Valeyan woman, about 20 years old. She wears the normal tunic and skirt of a field worker. Her face is cheery and she has blonde hair and blue eyes.

I would like you all to use this time to introduce your character, give a visual descrpition, and roleplay a bit (yes, you do have to do this). I will move once everybody is ready. Also, roll a spot check. I will PM you what you see if you succeed.

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-14, 08:53 AM
Zanetus sits and eats slowly, saying nothing.* He recognises the fellow Regulean as Alea's friend, but does not attempt to start a conversation.^ Where is the fellow who should fill the last chair? Ahh well, all in good time.+

* He wonders why Alea called him here, but trusts her to reveal it in when the time comes. Perhaps she is waiting for that last chair to be filled.
^ He has nothing against this fellow, but will wait for him to start any discussion that goes on. Small talk is a pointless waste of breath.
+ A voice at the back of his mind tells him there is no time, things must start happening now, but he ignores it. Perhaps more time away from town would help him calm down.

Blackdeath
2007-05-14, 09:18 AM
My character is a 6 foot tall, remarkably skinny, semi-attractive Regulea with green eyes, raven coloured hair, and who is currently eating some pork.

[roll0]

The Linker
2007-05-14, 09:28 AM
Altoma

Altoma sits down at the table, waving around a brand new shield excitedly, just having bought it from Jaron Ironfounderson. He's been saving his money up for it for a long time, as Alea and Lamagra should both well know. He is of average hieght and build for a 16-year-old male Valeyan, with brown eyes and brown hair.

"This is the most awesome shield EVER! It's got great balance, it's totally shiny, it's really really sturdy, I bet you could throw rocks at it all day and it wouldn't--

Oh, hi Alea. Lamagra.

It wouldn't dent or anything. And check out the colour! It's pretty dark so I bet I could hide in the bushes and it wouldn't show! Where's Mom and Dad? I wanna...

Uh.... who the heck are you?

Altoma looks at Zanetus blankly.

Ima have gonna put my spot roll in the OOC thread, mostly because I don't idn't know what my spot modifier i was and I can't ouldn't check my character sheet now then. I'll ve also edited this later to put in my character's physical apperance, also because I don't idn't know what it i was and can't ouldn't check my character sheet :smalltongue:

Blackdeath
2007-05-14, 10:14 AM
I was just going to ask the same question.

Lamagra looks at Zanetus with something between contempt and disregard.

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-14, 08:16 PM
Zanetus stands and bows to the new arival, awaiting him to take his seat before siting down himself. Ah, Altoma. Pleased to meet you. Lamagra, if you wished to ask me the same question, why not when we first sat down? A touch of humour colours his voice, and one corner of his thin-lipped mouth tips up. I'm Zanetus, although you may have heard of me as the forester. I spend most of my time out in the wilderness, you see. Unless you have things you would like to talk about, I suggest you get down to eating so Alea can explain why we are here. It will get me out of your hair quicker, which I'm sure will be a great comfort to our friend here. Zanetus gestures to the Llama grass
Note: Zanetus is looking at Altoma, largely ignoreing the more rude of his two companions.

The Linker
2007-05-14, 09:05 PM
Intrigued by this new arrvial, Altoma's thoughts drift away from his new shield and towards how this newcomer knows his dear sister.

So Alea called you here, too? How the heck do you know her? You guys can't be very close, I've never seen you guys hang out before."

Altoma's eyes narrow in suspiscion. It would be very bad for this "forester" if he did anything to hurt Alea, he thinks to himself.

Retroactive converstations!? AHHH! You... you put that text in.. after we spoke... but... it-it came before we spoke.... AIEEEE!!! *head a-splodes*

Blackdeath
2007-05-15, 07:11 AM
With all due respect, Mr. Zanetus, are you blind? Not only am I quite happily placed at the table, I have since sitting down eaten 3 porkloin steaks.

It's not your colour if I got it first, FOOL!

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-15, 08:31 AM
Alea

I haven't called anyone here. Zanetus is here because there wasn't anywhere else to sit. This is the Harvest Festival, stop being so suspicious!"

The Linker
2007-05-15, 08:36 AM
Altoma grumbles.

"Still doesn't explain how you know him..."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-15, 08:59 AM
Alea

"I buy furs from him when he brings them into town."

The Linker
2007-05-15, 09:08 AM
Ah, so he's nothing more than a vendor to you. I see, I see.

Altoma finally gets to eating; he picks two juicy-looking apples and a rather large slab of pork. He takes a few bites out of the apples, but concentrates on garnishing his pork, cutting pieces off, and eating them carefully. He did his best to eat politely whenever Alea was around...

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-15, 09:23 AM
Zanetus, having returned to his seat, stoically ignores the rudeness of these people. Valyans. They just don't get it. This Regulean, however, should have at least a shred of civility.

Vague memories of kind vilages, full of polite and loving people, tug at the back of his mind. Those must have been dreams.

No, no this is my colour. If I were to do your post, for example, I would say Good apples, compliments to balh blah blah.
Hmmm... what would you call someone who grows apples?

Also, from now on, my speech will be in "quotation marks"

The Linker
2007-05-15, 06:14 PM
Altoma continues to eat.

"Mmmm... best apples I've ever eaten. My compliments to the... er, grower. I guess."

Altoma contemplates the exact title of a person who grows apples...

Um, aren't you a human too, Aramil? I thought we were all just different tribes of humans. If it was a mistake, I'll ignore it. If not, it's in your color, so you must have said it, so my character's gonna have to respond. Bwa-ha-ha! :smalltongue:

Edit: Um... I'd like to make a mind-read check then.

Edit edit: I am pleased. My nonexistant wrath shall nonexistantly subside for now. :smallsmile:

Blackdeath
2007-05-16, 08:30 AM
Orchard Keeper. Trust me, I know a lot of them.

Lamagra contemplates the exact extent of Alea and Zantenus' relationship.

The Linker
2007-05-16, 08:36 AM
"Ah. That makes sense."

Altoma munches on his heavily-salted pork.

Ready to move on!!! :smallbiggrin:

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-16, 03:28 PM
Zanetus nods to the wisdom of this statement, but says nothing. He waits for something more interesting to pop up.

The Linker
2007-05-16, 06:46 PM
Just as he bites into his second apple, Altoma suddenly comes to a revelation.

"Waid uh midut! You're da..."

Altoma stops talking long enough to swallow.

"You're the FORESTER? The guy who always comes into town and gives Alea your best meat and skins? Aw, man, I KNEW there was something familiar about you. I only remember because I heard you really lik-- er..."

Altoma decides that may not be the most polite thing to say in front of Alea, shuts up and continues quietly chewing on his apple.

Happy!? :smalltongue:

Blackdeath
2007-05-17, 07:14 AM
Excuse me? Altoma could you please state the end of that sentence to me alone.

Use that private message blah blah blah if you want to tell me.

edit:Ready to move on:smallwink:

The Linker
2007-05-17, 08:31 AM
Altoma panics at Lamagra's interrogation and says out loud:

I, uh, I... I was going to say that... uh... he, uh, really likes, er... er, her, her, her brother! Yeah, that's it. That's what I heard. One of my friends -- can't remember which one -- said you really like her brother. Yeah, I'm her brother. Hi. So, uh... I heard from someone that yoooou really like me! I don't know about the truth of this statement, I'm just, uh, saying what people have told me, and uh, you know, uh... that's... that's it.

Altoma goes back to eating his apple, suddenly wishing he had stayed home that day.

Just realized I switched from saying "he" to "you" halfway through: Just so you know, in person it's clear that I'm always talking about "What's-his-forest," even if it doesn't translate well to text :smallwink:

Blackdeath
2007-05-17, 08:34 AM
Lamagra visibly relaxes and chuckles to himself.

He find Altoma's sense of humor amusing for the first time. Nice save Linker!

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-17, 09:10 AM
Zanetus looks confused by this outburst, but decides that things could be worse, and he would probably not fix anything were he to open his mouth.

Awesome. Pure awesome.

The Linker
2007-05-18, 08:23 AM
Altoma coughs.

(This is the akwardest silence EVER.)

Ready to move on now! Please!?

Things in brackets are what I'm thinking, btw.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-18, 08:27 AM
The Harvest Festival

The rest of the Dinner proceeds uneventfully. You all go to bed full and reasonably content.

THE END

Blackdeath
2007-05-18, 05:11 PM
Rigel is at my house and he says that it's not really the end, he's just thinking up more stuff.

Once again Lamagra's dreams are plauged with frightening visions. He sleeps, but poorly.

Blackdeath
2007-05-19, 05:25 PM
What the hell? Is everyone killed in their sleep??? POST!

As Lamagra slips in and out of sleep, he sees a dark figure looming over him, as he sits up the figure is gone. Is it a dream of his sister? Maybe, but wasn't that window closed earlier?

Ba ba baaaaaaaaa. Sorry if I'm on your turf Rigel.

The Linker
2007-05-19, 06:20 PM
Altoma dreams of cheese.

We can't really do anything until Rigel posts. Let's just wait for him, mmkay? :P

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-20, 10:00 AM
Village of Vale, The Day of Games

Today is the Day of Games. This day always comes right after the harvest festival. Apptly named, this day is spent in freindly competition. The games include:

The Sprint
The Marathon
Boasting, Belittling, and Belabouring (judged by the town council)
Bringball (sorta like rugby with 3 people on a team)
The Scavenger Hunt
Wrestling
Boxing
The Battle (A combat with wooden swords)
Chess (Exactly the same as we play it)

The first event is the sprint. Participants will run across 1 field. (aprox 250ft)
The field for the sprint is surrounded by cheering spectators. You all notice Alea in the crowd. Lined up along the start line are 3 people already ready to participate. You reconize two of them: Council Member Fharad Delah, a tall (about 6'6) Regulea with dark blonde hair; and William Wonsound, the thrillseeking son of Varrock Wonsound (the Valeyan council member). The other one is a short Valeyan, with dark hair, blue eyes, and a round face. He is jogging on the spot and doing streches. Mayor Justicar Gardus stands slightly to the side, holding a green flag, which is currently down. The flag ripples in the wind.
More info on the NPCs mentioned in the OOC thread, I put all the NPC posts into one and moved it to the last page.
For those who wish to participate: Initiative is really the determining factor here. Run actions are allowed, but unless your base speed is 65ft or higher, it will take you two rounds, so basically it's whoever gets to move first wins.

The Linker
2007-05-20, 11:52 AM
"Woah woah woah! You guys aren't seriously thinking about starting without me, are you!?"

Altoma runs excitedly up to the starting line and turns to William.

"Hey, would you mind getting me some water? It'd be a better use of your time than trying to win."

(Heh heh... burn.)

I don't know about how to enter (sign ups and what-not) but my character should, so let's say he did and I'm here.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-20, 12:02 PM
William Wonsound

Grinning, William picks up a jar of water that he had beside him.
"Drink up Altoma. You'll need it."

There are no special requirements to enter, but most people prefer to watch.

Blackdeath
2007-05-20, 01:29 PM
Lamagra slowly looks around for either a line up for Bringball, or anyone suspicious.

If spot needed 1d20+3

The Linker
2007-05-20, 03:23 PM
Altoma looks at William with squinting eyes and a smiling... uh, smile.

"What, were you just waiting for me to say that?"

Altoma just shrugs and takes a generous swig of water, then puts it down where it was before. He then re-assumes his position at the starting line.

Just realized nothing happened with the spot check we made at the harvest festival. :smalleek:

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-20, 09:28 PM
Zanetus stands on the sidelines, waiting for the race to start.

Well, why not?
He slips in at the end of the line, trying not to attract too much attention. His dagger is wrapped up in his tattered deer-skin coat and laid gently to the side.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-20, 09:31 PM
The Day of Games

The man you don't recognize comes over to Altoma. "Hi. I'm Rhuny. Nice to meet you."
William says: "Rhuny was the sprint champion last year."

Lamagra slowly looks around for either a line up for Bringball, or anyone suspicious.
Bringball will start after the sprint, the marathon, and boasting.

Just realized nothing happened with the spot check we made at the harvest festival.
I sent a PM to the people that passed the spot check. Ask Nathan what it was.

The Linker
2007-05-20, 10:02 PM
Altoma sizes Rhuny up, smiles, and shakes his hand (or offers to.)

"Last year's champion, eh? So how do you feel about your loss this year?"

"Oh, right, it hasn't happened yet... sorry, such obvious events sometimes jump ahead in my mind. You know."

I'm allowed to ask Nathan what the spot check was!? Cool.

Blackdeath
2007-05-21, 09:59 AM
Lamagra, hearing Altoma's comment out of the corner of his ear, looks to see Rhuny's reaction.

[spoiler] And possibly to break up a fight depending on Rhuny's vanity level.

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-21, 10:16 AM
Zanetus glances over at the conversation going on between this man and Altoma. That kid. He's some eager. Zanetus looks around for the girl, but sees no-one. Well in that case, I'll just have to beat him. No need to boost his ego, hes got plenty.

By the way, that's "the girl he's trying to impress". Not Alea.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-21, 10:16 AM
Rhuny

"Huh. I heard you were stupid. Now I know.":smallsigh:

The Linker
2007-05-21, 08:51 PM
Altoma smirks.

"We'll see who's stupid after I cross the finish line first, eh?"

I was wondering if you could add his facial expression in, Rigel? So I know if he's actually offended or just goofing around.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-22, 10:42 AM
Rhuny

"I see no connection between intelligence and speed.":smallsigh:

The Linker
2007-05-22, 10:45 AM
"Yes... well... there is between intelligence and ability to predict the winner!"

(Ok, that was a stretch...)

"F'crying out loud, are they planning on starting anytime soon? I'm dying to hit that finish line!"

Facial expression? I need to know whether he's goofing around or really starting to hate me!

Blackdeath
2007-05-22, 11:13 AM
Lamagra, no longer worried about anything larger than a battle of wits, (which Altoma is losing,) turns once more to see if anyone suspicious is lurking around.

1d20+3 (spot)

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :smallmad:

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-22, 11:35 AM
Mayor Justicar Gardus

The mayor steps up to the line and speaks in a commanding voice:
"Is everyone who wishes to participate in the sprint ready?" :smallconfused:

The smilies are his facial expression
The forum roller died last night. I'm checking whether it's back: [roll0] Hooray workedness!

Blackdeath, please delete the below post, due to pointlessness. And the next one. Delete. not just edit. Thank you.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-22, 05:37 PM
The Sprint

In response to the the question by the Mayor, the crowd yells: "Start the Sprint!"

The mayor nods, and raises the flag.
"On your Mark!"
"Set Yourself!"

"GO!"

roll initiative!

The Linker
2007-05-22, 06:57 PM
Altoma takes off at top speed!

[roll0]

Edit: Ah, crap.

Rigel, could you make sure to describe the status of the race in the middle, as opposed to just seeing who has the best initiative and declaring the winner in one post? Thanks :smallwink:

Blackdeath
2007-05-23, 10:17 AM
Lamaga strolls over to the finish line to see who wins.

Since he was wandering, he was probably close to it. :smallbiggrin: :smallwink: :smallannoyed: :smallsmile: :smallamused: :smallmad: :smallredface: :smallsigh: :smallfurious: :smallfrown: :smalleek: :smallcool: :smallyuk: :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-23, 10:45 AM
Zanetus, previously crouching in standard position, Where tan = 2.35784203, give answer in radiansis already sprinting down the track at an impressive acceleration by the time Altoma begins to apply force to the ground.
Yes, I just wrote a physics test, and a math test.
[roll0]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-23, 12:14 PM
The Sprint
As the flag moved downwards, Rhuny and Zanetus were already moving, with Altoma and Fharad not far behind. William, taken by suprise at the event's start, droped his the jar of water he was drinking from, spilling some on himself as he took off.

Where tan = 2.35784203, give answer in radians
The answer is 1.1697, and 4.3113

The Linker
2007-05-23, 04:37 PM
Altoma quickly assesses the situation: he's not doin' very well.

"I, uh, OW! Stone in my shoe, stone in my shoe!"

Altoma makes no effort to pretend there actually is a stone in his shoe slowing him down, but he doesn't think the other racers would be watching him anyhow.

Assesses? That word doesn't look right. Maybe I have a few too many "S"es in there. :smalleek:

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-23, 09:11 PM
Zanetus runs straight ahead, not looking to either side. If I'm winning, good for me. If not, gawking at the others won't help much. Focus.

Isn't standard position only the first quadrant? If not, aw crap. I loose. If so... Ha!

The Linker
2007-05-24, 07:59 PM
Altoma starts saying "Ow!" with every step.

Bluffing!

Blathering!

[roll0]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-25, 09:00 AM
The competitors flew down the field, ignoring Altoma's childish attemp to sabatoge them. In less than 10 seconds had crossed the field. Rhuny and Zanetus crossed the line together, followed by Altoma, Fharad, and after a few more seconds, William.

Rhuny turns to Zanetus and says "Who won?", with a puzzeled expression on his face.

William walks around in circles, and then he swears loudly.

Mayor Gardus steps up and says "I believe we have a draw. "
And then, turning to Altoma, and speaking in a much more stern tone of voice: ""And a disqualification."

You're still playing like a rogue, Zach.
rolling for Zanetus (his 5% chance of believing Altoma) [roll0]

The Linker
2007-05-25, 10:32 AM
"What!? Why!? What did I do!?"

AM NOT! (see OOC)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-25, 10:40 AM
Mayor Justicar Gardus

Keeping his stern demeanor, the Mayor says: "You claimed you had a stone in your shoe, when you obviously did not, in an underhanded attempt to trick the other players, or the crowd, or both. In any case, you are disqualified unless you can prove you really had a stone in your shoe. Take them off, and turn them over."

The Linker
2007-05-25, 10:50 AM
Altoma hesitates and looks around. He leans in close to the mayor and starts talking quietly, avoiding the prying ears of the fellow racers and crowd. And Lamagra.

Ima gonna PM you what I said, the others can make listen checks if they want to :smallbiggrin:

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-25, 10:58 AM
Zanetus, breathing heavily, turns to face Rhuny.
"Well, I think it's only fair to give you the prize. After all, you did finish first, didn't you?"
He looks over to Lamagra.
"You were watching, right?"

The Linker
2007-05-25, 11:44 AM
Altoma ends his conversation with the Mayor, relieved but embarrassed. He heads over to Rhuny and Zanetus

"Hey, Rhuny. Listen, I'm really sorry about the cracks I made at the beginning of the race. I guess I was just caught up in the competition... I feel bad that we got off on the wrong foot.."

Altoma smiles.

"Congratulations on winning. Sort of. You too, Zanetus. You both deserved it."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-25, 12:11 PM
Rhuny

Rhuny is smiling and obviously happy. In a much more amiable tone then before, he says (to Zanetus): "Indeed not, I believe it was a draw! In any case, it is the Mayor's decision."
(to Altoma) "Thank you for apologizing. I understand that competition can make people more antagonistic. I'm sorry for your disqualification, but I look forward to competing against you again."

Mayor Justicar Gardus

The Mayor stands straight and tall just beyond the finish line and yells to the crowd. "The placings are:"

"3rd place: William Wonsound!" William looks at Altoma and says: "You should have won, even if you did cheat."

"2nd place: Fharad Delah!" At this there is much cheering from the Regulea. Fharad takes a bow.

"1st place: A tie between Rhuny Mordian, and Zanetus!" The entire crowd cheers wildly at this.

Nathan, does your character have a last name? If so, could you mention it on the OOC thread please? I'll edit it in.

The Linker
2007-05-25, 11:34 PM
Altoma cheers and applauds for the winners, then heads towards where he saw Alea in the crowd. He finds a space beside her and stands there, still with a moderately happy expression.

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-26, 09:29 AM
Zanetus makes a bow to the cheering crowd, proud of his effort but slightly embarrassed by this turn of events. The center of attention is not really what he's used to. At all. Someone tosses him his cloak, which he drapes over his arm, thanking the man for his kindness. :smallredface:

Z. Fibonacci is pretty sure he never told anyone his last name.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-26, 11:15 AM
The Day of Games

Mayor Gardus drapes a scarf, knitted to look like the branches and leaves of some tree you don't recognize over Zanetus. The scarf is something you recognize however. It is called a laurel, and one is given to each winner of each event each year.
"I'm sorry Rhuny, but I have only one laurel for this event and you already have one from last year." says the Mayor. Rhuny nods amiably.

Then, he presents Fharad with a stone engraved with the number 2, and one engraved with the number 3 to William. These stones are also a traditional prize, and they are called, simply, the 2nd and 3rd stones.

Knowledge: Nature to recognize the tree on the scarf.
Note: To these people, something useful (such as a scarf) is much, much, more valuble than something essentially useless (the stones). That's why first place gets a scarf, and second and third get stones.
Please note in a spoiler box or on the OOC thread when you are ready to move on to the next event.

Blackdeath
2007-05-26, 12:20 PM
Lamagra strolls over and congradulates everyone.

Good job Zanetus. Well done William. Well done Fharad. Nice try Altoma. Etc...

Ready to move on

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-27, 01:59 PM
Zanetus accepts the laurels, thanks the mayor, and turns to Rhuny. "Are you OK with that? I guess I could go win another at the next event, if you'd like. After all, it was a tie."
Zanetus smiles as Lamagra congratulates him, looks back to hear Rhuny's response before scanning the crowd.

Wow, I never thought I'd get to USE this skill. [roll0]
Oh, and we can move on at any time.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-27, 05:54 PM
Rhuny

Rhuny shrugs and says: "Like the mayor said, I've got one from last year. And I may yet win another today."

The Linker
2007-05-27, 06:07 PM
Altoma looks upon the conversation Aramil and Rhuny.

(Wow, they are such selfless people, the two of them.)

Ready to move on!

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-27, 09:26 PM
Zanetus smiles graciously at this. I wouldn't be surprised, considering how you did here. I look forward to competing with you, should your skill again be pitted against mine.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-28, 08:48 AM
The Marathon

The whole crowd moves with to the site of the marathon. This race is much longer and is generally considered more important in the view of the town. Contestants will run around all the fields of the town. (about 8000ft)
The crowd once again gathers around the start/finish line. Rhuny and William both walk up to the start line, ready to try something else. Also joining them are 2 others: Garrock Council member Jaron Ironfounderson, who is four and a half feet tall, tanned, and has brown hair and eyes, and Nhola Undharhog, the 6 foot tall, blonde, and blue eyed Regulea singer.

This event will be done a little differently. It will be run almost like a combat, with people taking their actions in initiative order, but each round is a minute. When we get down to the last five rounds or so, we'll go round by round. Most of this race will involve double move actions, rather than run actions. You can run for a number of rounds equal to your constitution for free. After that, you have to take a con check each round, with the DC = 10, +1 per check you took before. If you fail a check, you have to take only single move actions for one minute, and then you can start taking checks again, at the same DC.

The Linker
2007-05-28, 09:02 AM
Altoma just remains in the crowd with his sister. He's much too embarassed to try another competition just yet.

Blackdeath
2007-05-28, 09:11 AM
Lamagra, after leaving his backpack with Alea and Altoma, strolls up to the starting line and settles into a crouch, avoiding conversation with the other racers. He maintains a look of cool calmness aqnd utter confidence.

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-28, 05:32 PM
Zanetus looks around at the enthusiastic crowd. Well, the last one worked out well. Might as well at least give it a try. He moves to the edge of the surrounding group, and deposits his cloak, dagger and newly-won laurels under a tree some 100ft away. He then returns and shoulders his way over to Rhuny.
"Looks like we'll go at it again, shall we? Not that I was ever much good at these..."

In a minute, the cloak etc. will have disappeared, carried away by Lkab.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-29, 10:55 AM
Mayor Justicar Gardus

Having arrived from the site of the sprint, the Mayor asks: "Is everyone who wishes to participate in the Marathon ready?"
The crowd answers: "Yes!"
The Mayor yells: "On your mark!"
"Set Yourself!"
"Go!"
The green flag goes down, flapping wildly.

Below is an example of how I want the runners posts to look.

Rhuny

Rhuny Bounds forward, pushing off and sprinting forward for a short time. He then slows down a bit and starts to pace himself.

Rounds Running this Minute: 5
Rounds Double Moving this Minute: 5
Rounds of Free Running Left: 6
Total Distance Covered this Minute: 1050ft
Total Distance Covered so far: 1050ft
(Any constitution checks required)

Aramil Liadon
2007-05-29, 06:55 PM
Zanetus springs off the starting line, quickly settling down into a comfortable pattern. He is unworried by the seeming advantage Rhuny has over him,despite the huge gap between them.
Run: 3 (360)
Dbl Mv: 7 (420)
Runs left: 7
This Round: 780
Total: 780

Blackdeath
2007-05-30, 07:26 AM
Lamagra stubles slitghly but regains his balance and runs at top speed to make up for lost distance. Once past Zanetus however, he settles to a slower pace to conserve energy.

Run: 5 (600)
Dbl Mv: 5 (300)
Runs left: 7
This round: 900
Total: 900

The Linker
2007-05-30, 08:26 AM
Altoma joins in the cheering for the racers.

"Woo! Go Lamagra! Yay Rhuny! GO GO GO!"

Altoma turns to his sister.

"Heh... who do you think's going to win? Looks like Rhuny has a big lead."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-30, 08:32 AM
Jaron Ironfounderson

Jaron settles into a constant pace, confident in his running ability.

From now on, I'm only including distance covered for the NPCs.
Distance covered this round: 400ft
Total Distance: 400ft

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-30, 12:06 PM
Nhola

Nhola runs at an easy pace, unconcerned about the other's lead.

Distance Covered: 600ft
Total Distance: 600ft
Sorry, I completely forgot this (can everybody please roll)
initiative: 22

Rhuny's Initiative is: 7
Jaron's Initiative is: 1

William

William gets off to a much better start this time, giving it his all.

Initiative: 18
Distance Covered: 1200ft
Total Distance: 1200ft

Everone may now post their second minute of the race, please include an initiative roll.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-05-30, 12:08 PM
Alea

(To Altoma)
"Hey, look! William just pulled ahead! Looks like he's really working."

The Linker
2007-05-30, 01:29 PM
"Holy cow! That explains why he was so upset after the sprint; he really has it in him to win a race, he just royally messed up."

Blackdeath
2007-05-31, 07:38 AM
In the second minute Lamagra realizes that a strong lead might win the day, and give his best to pull ahead.
Runs: 5 (600)
Dbl Mv: 5 (300)
Runs left: 2
Distance covered: 900
Total distance: 1800
Init: 5 (Damn)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-01, 08:39 AM
Zanetus

Zanetus keeps a sustainable pace, knowing the time for pushing himself is not now.

Round 2
Run Actions Used: 0
Run's left: 7
Distance: 600ft
Total Distance: 1380ft
Initiative: [roll0]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-05, 06:12 PM
Initiative Order

Nhola: 22 (1200ft) 5th
William: 18 (1800ft) Tied for 1st
Zanetus: 14 (1380ft) 4rd
Rhuny: 7 (1740ft) 3nd
Lamagra: 5 (1800ft) Tied for 1st
Jaron: 1 (880ft) 6th

Nhola
Nhola continues her relaxed pace.

Distance this round: 600ft
Total Distance: 1200ft

William
William starts to burn out a bit after his headlong sprint. His pace slows considerably.

Total Distance: 1800ft

Rhuny
Rhuny takes a slower, more sustainable pace.

Distance this round: 690ft
Total Distance: 1740ft

Jaron
Jaron starts increasing his speed.

Distance this round: 480ft
Total Distance: 880ft

Round three has started. Please post.

Blackdeath
2007-06-06, 11:22 AM
Lamagra holds a steady pace to conserve as much energy as possible.
Round 3
Runs: 0
Runs left: 2
Distance travelled: 600
Total distance: 2400
Init: [roll0]

Edit: Darn, dang, phooey, rats, shoot, fudge, and cupcakes!

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-06, 02:01 PM
Init: (1d20+3) [23]

Your initiative is still five. You don't get to reroll it each round. And the 20 = 30, 1 = -10 rule doesn't count for initiative.
By the way, you don't have to wait untill your initiative order to post, I'll put things in order when I post all the NPCs actions.

EDIT: Blarrgh.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-08, 05:24 PM
Zanetus

(Sorry Nathan, you need to post more often.)

Round 2
Run Actions Used: 0
Run's left: 7
Distance: 600ft
Total Distance: 1980ft
Initiative: 7

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-08, 05:39 PM
Initiative Order

Nhola: 22 (1800ft) 5th
William: 18 (2400ft) Tied for 1st
Zanetus: 14 (1980ft) 4rd
Rhuny: 7 (2340ft) 3nd
Lamagra: 5 (2400ft) Tied for 1st
Jaron: 1 (1440ft) 6th

Nhola

Total Distance: 1800ft

William
William keeps a steady pace.

Total Distance: 2400ft

Rhuny
Rhuny continues his sustainable pace.

Total Distance: 2340ft

Jaron
Jaron continues increasing his speed.

Distance this round: 520ft
Total Distance: 1480ft

The next seven minutes will be done in one round. (ie. you have 70 rounds of running/double moving to do in one post.)

Blackdeath
2007-06-09, 01:18 PM
Lamagra, getting worried by Williams effortless match of his pace, gives slightly more than he probably should have.
Round 4-10
runs: 3
runs left: 0
dbmv:7
distance:4380
total distance:6720 ft.
init: 5
con check = [roll0]

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-14, 08:49 AM
Zanetus is getting bored of the race.

round 4-10
dbl-mvs: 68
rns: 2
rns lft: 5
dist: 4320
ttl: 6300

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-14, 08:54 AM
In order to save his god time, Zanetus contunues running.
dbl-mvs: 6
rns: 4
rns lft: 1
dst: 840
ttl: 7140

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-14, 09:04 AM
Initiative Order

Nhola: 22 (6000ft) 5th
William: 18 (6600ft) 2nd
Zanetus: 14 (6300ft) 4th
Rhuny: 7 (6540ft) 3rd
Lamagra: 5 (6720ft) 1st
Jaron: 1 (4280ft) 6th

Nhola

Distance this round: 4200ft
Total Distance: 6000ft

William
William keeps a steady pace.

Total Distance: 6600ft

Rhuny
Rhuny continues his sustainable pace.

Total Distance: 6540ft

Jaron
Jaron relaxes his pace.

Distance this round: 2800ft
Total Distance: 4280ft

Blackdeath
2007-06-14, 09:19 AM
Lamagra, after a brief system crash, relaxes his pace, not wanting to push himself too far.

dbl mv: 10
runs: 0
runs left: -1
distance: 600 ft.
total distance: 7320ft

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-14, 10:27 AM
Initiative Order

Nhola: 22 (7200ft) 3rd
William: 18 (7320ft) tied for 2nd
Zanetus: 14 (7140ft) 4th
Rhuny: 7 (7410ft) 1st
Lamagra: 5 (7320ft) tied for 2nd
Jaron: 1 (5080ft) 5th

Nhola
Nhola puts on an amazing burst of speed, sprinting towards the finish.

Distance this round: 1200ft
Total Distance: 7200ft

William
William increases his pace.

Distance this round: 720ft
Total Distance: 7320ft

Rhuny
Rhuny hurtles down the track, attempting to finish the race quickly, but just can't quite keep it up. He starts to burn out slightly.

Distance this round: 870ft
Total Distance: 7410ft

Jaron
Jaron also begins sprinting.

Distance this round: 800ft
Total Distance: 5080ft

You may now post. If you cross the finish line, please note which round it happens in (ie. If you are 500ft from the line, and you do all double moves, you cross the line in round 9)

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-15, 08:42 AM
Zanetus rushes to the finish line at full speed.

Con, DC10 [roll0]
Con, DC11 [roll1]
distance: 780
total: 7920

Blackdeath
2007-06-15, 08:53 AM
Lamagra runs like frell.

dblmv: 8
runs: 2
distance: 720
total distance: 8040
cons checks: DC 11 [roll0] DC 12 [roll1]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-15, 09:14 AM
Initiative Order

Nhola: 22 (7800ft) 4th
William: 18 (7860ft) 3rd
Zanetus: 14 (7920ft) 2nd
Rhuny: 7 (7710ft) 5th
Lamagra: 5 (Finished!) Finished 1st!
Jaron: 1 (5880ft) 6th

Nhola
Nhola continues toward the finish line, not willing to push to far.

Total Distance: 7800ft

William
William forces himself to go farther in effort to catch Lamagra, but just can't do it. He stumbles and slows down.

Distance this round: 540ft
con [roll0]
con [roll1]
Total Distance: 7860ft

Rhuny
Rhuny starts to falter, and almost falls. You can tell he is struggling to continue moving.

Distance this round: 300ft
Total Distance: 7710ft

Jaron
Jaron continues to sprint.

Distance this round: 800ft
Total Distance: 5880ft

If you cross the finish line, please note which round it happens in (ie. If you are 500ft from the line, and you do all double moves, you cross the line in round 9)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-15, 08:43 PM
The Marathon

The runners have come full circle, around the whole town, and back into view of the crowd. Everyone cheers on their favorite. Lamagra can see Alea cheering for him, as he and William, neck and neck, dash for the finish line. Finally, William falters, and Lamagra pulls ahead. He crosses the line, first and triumphant! The other runners are only seconds behind however, and second place is still up for grabs!

By the way, congrats D'Arcy. You have just the right combination of insane risk taking and pure dumb luck for this :smallbiggrin:
(not to mention running like frell :smalltongue: )

The Linker
2007-06-16, 05:07 PM
Altoma is swept up in the excitement and succumbs to mob mentality, cheering for the winner (regardless of who it is) like a 12-year-old girl.

"Woo Lamagra! Awesome! You rock! WOOOOOO!"

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-17, 04:47 PM
Zanetus, seeing Lamagra cross ahead of him, puts on all the steam he has left, managing the cross the finish line in round 1.
Bah. No cheers. We'll work on that, shall we?

DC 13
(1d20)[14]

Blackdeath
2007-06-17, 05:45 PM
Lamagra cheers for the rest of the racers as the cross the finish line, while at the same time jogging off the burn from all that running.

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-18, 11:11 AM
Zanetus stretches his legs, hoping to avoid any cramps. Meanwhile, he adds his voice to those cheering for Rhuny.

"Come on Rhuny, you can do it! Almost there, c'mon!"

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-18, 01:43 PM
Nhola
Nhola crosses the finish line...

In round 4

William
William just can't get his wind back, but he does cross the finish line, and then collapses.

round 5

Rhuny
Rhuny seems to get his second wind, and throws himself forward, speeding ahead to cross the finish line.

In round 2

The order is:
1. Lamagra
2. Zanetus
3. Rhuny
4. Nhola
5. William
6. Jaron

Blackdeath
2007-06-19, 05:58 PM
Lamagra congradulates the other runners on a good race.

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-20, 08:29 PM
Congratulations, Lamagra. Too bad about that back there, William, you looked like you had it. And so on down the line.

Ready to move on at any point!

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-21, 06:33 PM
The Day of Games

Okay, moving on. (Sorry about the delay, I've been a bit preoccupied with exams)

Lamagra is presented the Laurel by Mayor Gardus, with much cheering and congratulations.

Zanetus is given the second stone, with a commedation from the mayor on placing so well in both running events as a newcomer.

Rhuny is given the third stone. He seems slightly dissapointed.

On to the next event! (I think Zach will enjoy this one)
Boasting, Belittling, and Belabouring

This game is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. You get to make two boasts, two Belittlements, and two Belabours. Boasts require a bluff check and increase your score. Belittlements require an intimidate check and reduce others scores. They are targeted at one person. Belabours both increase your score and decrease someone else's, and require a diplomacy check.
Adding the actual boast/belittlement/belabour to your post will give you a bonus on your check, of at least +2, and more if the boast/belittlement/belabour is really good.
Examples:
A boast: I've been hit by lightining before. TEN TIMES and I survived all of em!

A Belittlement: You're so slow, you can't understand this insult!

A Belabour: It's okay, you're not bothering me. I like stupid people!

I'm not very good at this (those took me about 20 minutes to think up) so you guys may have an advantage over the NPCs.

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-23, 11:04 PM
Fair enough on the exams thing, I think we all have.
Shouldn't all the technicalities be in the other thread, or spoilered or something?

Zanetus thanks the mayor, and tells Rhuny "Ah, well. Looks like the Lady may be against you today. Nevertheless, most of the events are still left. You'll pull through, I'm sure."

Moving through the crowd, he intercepts Altoma as he heads for the next event. "Looks more like your kind of thing than the running. Good luck!"

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-24, 12:11 PM
Finaly some posting! Good idea, the rules have been spoilered. Will you be participating in this event?
Rhuny

"You're right, but still, my best events are the races, and I didn't win either of them!"

The Linker
2007-06-24, 10:15 PM
"Aw, dangit. Didn't realize this was coming up, I used up some good ones before that race. Grumble, grumble..." :smallfrown:

Altoma rushes to the... place we go to, and gets ready.

This is gonna be FUN. Ima think up some good ones >:)

"And so on down the line?" BAH! Minus points for not roleplaying! *points incriminating finger*

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-25, 06:30 PM
(To Rhuny) "Well, we'll see."

(to Altoma) "If those were your best, you may be in a spot of trouble!"

Hey, I was technically studying for my exam, an definitely not on the forums. I had to post before anyone caught me.

The Linker
2007-06-26, 01:02 AM
"I didn't say they were my BEST! They were OK, though... at least, I thought so..."

Altoma begins to second-guess himself in his head and gets nervous.

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-28, 09:01 PM
Heh. We'll see. The boy's got pretty good chances, I think, but but you never know...

C'mon, lets get things moving!

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-29, 09:09 AM
Just waiting for D'Arcy. And can everbody please identify whether they are participating or not?

Blackdeath
2007-06-29, 11:48 AM
As Lamagra heads towards the next event in the shadows behind the crowd he sees a cloaked figure. As it pushes back its cloak Lamagra's view is blocked by a passing contestant. When he looks again the figure is gone, but their is no doubt it was his sister.

This is not real.Ready to move on. Unless you make it real

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-06-29, 04:23 PM
You know D'Arcy, when you edit your post, it doesn't show up in my subscribed threads, so I don't know that you've done it. In the future, could you either post a new reply, or send me a PM/post on the OOC thread to let me know that you're finished. Thanks.

Sorry about the delay everyone.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-08, 01:23 PM
Boasting, Belittling, and Belabouring

Altoma, Nhola, and William all step up for the game. (which will be shortened to BBB) After making sure that they are the only ones who wish to participate, Mayor Gardus annouces: Let the Boasting Begin!

(You're up first, Altoma)

The Linker
2007-07-08, 11:53 PM
"I once ran an entire 10-mile race through the dangerous forest, against 149 other racers, and won -- even though, the entire time, I had a sharp stone stuck in my very tight shoe. And I didn't compain or bring it up even once!"

I don't really like this boast of mine... but I was looking forward to the belittling and belabouring more anyway :smallamused:

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-10, 07:39 PM
*cough*(bluff check)*cough*

And D'Arcy, I'm just going to ignore the fact that you are openly insulting me for no reason at all. But next time you do it, I'm not.:smallannoyed:

The Linker
2007-07-11, 02:56 PM
*cough* Wrong thread. *cough*

*cough* Also, I made my *cough* bluff check in the *cough* other thread *cough*

Man, I think I'm coming down with something.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-14, 01:51 PM
BBB

The crowd oohs and aahs at Altoma's boast, mightily impressed. Mayor Gardus chuckles slightly.

William steps up:
"I once harvested the wheat from my father's entire farm in one day, and you all know how big it is. Then I had to carry it back to the barn, uphill both ways!"

Nhola sings her boast in a high, clear voice:
"My voice is the best in town,
The other singers are just clowns.
My songs make people happy,
And they are not at all sappy.

Aproximate Scores
Altoma: Well above the others
Nhola: About the same as William
William: About the same as Nhola

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-15, 11:53 AM
Belittlements next, you're up first again Altoma.

The Linker
2007-07-16, 01:31 AM
"Oh, hey, Nhola... common sense called. It wants to know why it wasn't consulted when you decided you were GOOD at singing."

I demand a "hit 'em where it hurts" bonus!" :smallbiggrin:

Oh man, I'm gonna get thrashed by both of them, aren't I?

Intimidate check: [roll0]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-17, 11:23 AM
BBB

The crowd gasps at Altoma's inflamatory belittlement.

Nhola, obviously annoyed, yells, still singing:
"Be that word our sign of parting, fiend!" she shrieks, upstarting-
"Get thee back into the tempest and Hell's sulferious shore!
Leave no black sign as token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my lordliness unbroken! -quit the ground before my feet!
Take thy tongue from out my heart, and take thy form from out my sight!"

Take that, Altoma!

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-17, 06:13 PM
William

Some of the crowd seem confused by Nhola's archaic language, but those that get it cheer.

William turns to Altoma:
"You talk fast, Altoma. Kind of like a con-man."

Altoma: Well below the others.
William: Has a clear lead.
Nhola: Somewhere in between.
Altoma's up again, belabours are next.

The Linker
2007-07-22, 12:37 PM
There are published books in this day and age, right?

"Oh, man, keep talking, this stuff is GOLD!"

"You see, I'm writing a book entitled 'Wit: A Lost Art.' Don't worry, I'm going to make sure you get your fair share for your numerous and exquisite examples of the disappearance of wit when it becomes famous."

Diplomacy: [1d20-1]

Edit: oops. To the OOC thread I go.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-23, 10:47 AM
Wow, these are hard to make up. I've got nothing.

William is targeting Altoma

Nhola is targeting William
Nhola: Slightly above William
William: Slightly above Altoma
Altoma: Last place currently
You're up again Altoma, and we're back to Boasts.

The Linker
2007-07-23, 11:40 AM
Um... I just realized that I haven't actually put down who I'm targeting... but you seem to have given me points already :smalleek:

For the record, I WAS targeting William...

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-23, 11:49 AM
For the record, I WAS targeting William...
That's who I assumed you were targeting.

The Linker
2007-07-24, 11:20 AM
"I once stood in the middle of town, and yelled out, "Oh, ladies, anyone up for a date tonight?"

Altoma waves his hand in a sweeping motion.

"23 girls came up to me, ready to accept my offer."

He adds the next line as an "epilogue," after everyone has had time to absorb his brag.

"And I think Nhola was one of them..."

It's almost a mix of a brag AND an insult. :smallamused:

Bluffiness: Messed it up again. #^@%

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-25, 08:31 AM
BBB

The crowd, somehow, is completely taken in by Altoma's claims. All the guys cheer, and all the girls look sheepish.

William

"I can boast better than anyone in town!"

Nhola

"This was written by a certain someone, after I left him. I, and according to him, 22 other people."
(Pronounce Nhola sort of drawn out, with two syllables, so that it fits better into the poem.)
"Ah, distinctly I remeber it was in the bleak December;
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow;-vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow-sorrow for the lost Nhola-
For the rare and radieant maiden whom the angels name Nhola-
Nameless here for evermore.

So, I'm just grasping at exuses to quote "The Raven" now. I'm really starting to run out of ideas. Anyway, Zach, it's up to you whether what Nhola says is true or not.
Scores:
William: About the same as Nhola

The Linker
2007-07-30, 02:32 PM
"Hey, William. You see that clearing over there?"

Altoma gestures to a nearby clearing.

"We've got, let's see, a rock, a few trees...some tall grass, and a few bugs."

Altoma looks William in the eye.

"ALL better at coming up with a good insult than you."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-30, 04:08 PM
William:
(to Nhola)
William starts to say something, then stops as he realize that the information makes no sense in the context of this world.

Nhola:
(To Altoma)
"Your voice is a threat of violence to the ears,
Your words a pestilence on the mind."

No scores till I get an intimidate check from Altoma.
Bubonic Plauge: Purely OOC posts should be in the OOC thread.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-07-30, 08:04 PM
Scores:
William: Above Nhola
Last Words: Belabours. Altoma's up.

The Linker
2007-07-30, 10:28 PM
Altoma glances at Nhola, then looks around, then looks back at her.

"Er... I'm sorry, but I think you must have me confused with someone who's paying attention to you."

Altoma turns around casually, and in a voice JUST loud enough for her to hear, adds;

"Aren't many of those around..."

Diplomacy, right?

[roll0]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-01, 02:38 PM
Again, I am left with no ideas. You know what, I'm just going to quote the whole poem, right here.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
while I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'T is some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door.
"Only this and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, `Lenore!'
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `Lenore!'
Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
`Surely,' said I, `surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore -
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore; -
'Tis the wind and nothing more!'

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door -
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door -
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning - little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door -
Bird or beast above the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as `Nevermore.'

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only,
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered - not a feather then he fluttered -
Till I scarcely more than muttered `Other friends have flown before -
On the morrow will he leave me, as my hopes have flown before.'
Then the bird said, `Nevermore.'

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore -
Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore
Of "Never-nevermore."'

But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore -
What this grim, ungainly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking `Nevermore.'

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er,
She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.
`Wretch,' I cried, `thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he has sent thee
Respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore!
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost Lenore!'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! -
Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted -
On this home by horror haunted - tell me truly, I implore -
Is there - is there balm in Gilead? - tell me - tell me, I implore!'

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore -
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?'

`Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!' I shrieked upstarting -
`Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! - quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!'

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

I'll give you some bonus points if you can tell me who wrote it.
I'm going to wait untill you say "I have no idea", or "It was X" to put up the final scores and announce the winner.

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-01, 03:37 PM
I'm no more OOC than any of the posts around me, and I still maintain that you should change the spoiler to at lesat fit inside a spoiler box, or make it into a nonsense sentence or SOMETHING that will allow people to read the thread without it ruining the book for them.

@vv: Leet hurts no-one, spoilers hurt someone.

The Linker
2007-08-02, 04:03 PM
IT WAS X! I KNEW IT!

He was behind the whoooole thing wasn't he!? WASN'T HE?!

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-04, 11:37 AM
BBB

Altoma is declared the winner of Boasting, Belittling and Belabouring, to mixed cheers and boos.
William offers to shake hands with him, saying "No hard feelings, eh?"
Nhola stalks off, obviously dissapointed.

The Mayor presents Altoma with the Laurel for winning the event.

Okay, something I forgot to do before now: EXP!
Altoma recieves 25 EXP for participating in the Sprint, and 50 for winning BBB.
Zanetus recieves 50 for winning the Sprint, and 50 for coming second place in the Marathon.
Lamagra recieves 75 for winning the Marathon.

Nathan:
You hate spoilers, although these spoilers are not hurting you. I hate leet, though it doesn't hurt me. There is still leet in the OOC thread. I asked you to stop posting it, but it is still there. I have not make asked you to remove it, let alone started screwing up the game over it, no matter how much it irks me. That's just overeacting. You are being completely unreasonable about this spoiler thing. NOW GET THAT POST OFF OF THE IC THREAD.:smallmad: You can put it on the OOC thread if you want to, to remind us all how much you hate spoilers. But it doesn't belong on the IC thread. Period.

The Linker
2007-08-04, 06:09 PM
Altoma receives the shake from William. "No hard feelings."

Altoma then looks into the crowd to see who's booing him, with an annoyed and bewildered look on his face. (A mix of :smallfrown:, :smalleek:, and :smallmad:)

Yes, I am actually looking for those people. Who!? Who I say!? Spot check in the OOC thread!

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-05, 10:17 AM
The Day of Games

Spot is one of those checks the DM rolls for you. (Hint: I didn't get any better than you.)

Altoma, though he scans the crowd, cannot tell which are booing and which are cheering. In fact the whole crowd seems to melt together as a sort of amorphus blob of people. I think Altoma has been staring at the sun too much.

"On to the next event!" (Mayor Gardus)

Bringball

The crowd follows the mayor to a large field with two poles, about 10 feet apart, at each end. This is the bringball field. The field is 100 feet long by 50 feet wide. Several burly men, including Jaron Ironfounderson and some other Garrock are already signing up and dividing into teams of three.

The rules:
The objective of bringball is to bring the ball (a round one made from leather, about the size of a basketball) to the goal. By almost any means neccesary. Run with it. Throw it. Kick it. Whatever you feel like. You can use special actions like overun, bull rush, grapple, ect... but just punching someone is against the rules. No doing direct damage. (Including using a grapple to do so) Throwing works like this:
Thrower rolls ranged attack at AC 10 - catcher's dex mod., + 1 per 10 feet they moved last turn.
Catcher rolls melee attack roll, but uses dex instead of str, on AC 25 - attacker's attack roll.
Example:
Jim wants to pass to fred. Jim rolls a ranged attack roll and gets a 15. Fred has a dex mod of +1 and moved 30 feet last turn. His AC is 10 - 1 (dex mod) + 3 (30ft movement) = 12. 15 => 12, therefore the ball goes right to Fred. Now Fred has to catch it. He rolls a melee attack with dex and gets 12. The AC he needs to hit is (25 - Jim's attack roll of 15 = 10) therefore he catches the ball.
Stealing the ball:
You can use an opposed grapple check to steal the ball, an unarmed attack that does no damage, and if you suggest something else, you can probably try it that way too.
Game Length and Winning:
Because there are alot of games going on today, each one is just "first one to three goals".
Anything I've forgotten or that doesn't make sense, please, let me know. Also, it would be good if you guys were on the same team, but I'm not going to force it. You'll have to find teams yourselves. (if you're going to play)
Oh, and you get exp for each game, and more if you win the whole thing.

The Linker
2007-08-06, 11:35 PM
How many events are left? If there's quite a few left, I'll just participate in those, for the exp. If not, I guess I'll do this one... but it sounds complicated, and I have never been a big fan of team competitions. I'm too afraid of messing up. :smallredface:

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-07, 10:51 AM
Zanetus looks around, hoping to see a team in need of another member.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-07, 01:03 PM
The events left are
Bringball
Wrestling
Boxing
The Battle (A combat with wooden swords)
Chess (Exactly the same as we play it)

There's the Scavenger Hunt too, but it's just for kids.

The Linker
2007-08-07, 01:24 PM
Aw, man, I wanna do the scavenger hunt, I wanna do the scavenger hunt! *cries*

Altoma decides to stay out of this one. He'd much rather tackle the one-on-one physical challenges. And maybe some chess.

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-07, 05:25 PM
"Geez, I hate how William keeps spoiling things for other people. He's such a jerk. I intend to 'accidentally' kill him in the mock combat."

Blackdeath
2007-08-08, 10:06 AM
Lamagra wanders back to the group and asks who plans on playing.

Don't post about this. Its just role-playing. How many members on a team?

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-09, 01:25 PM
Bringball

Rhuny walks over to Zanetus and Lamagra.
"Want to join me as a team? We'd be the fastest ones in the town!" He says, smiling and offering his hand. (To shake on)

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-10, 03:55 PM
Taking Rhuny's hand, Zanetus returns the smile and says, "Well, that sounds like a fine idea to me. How about it, Lamagra?"

Blackdeath
2007-08-19, 09:38 AM
Sure, don't slow me down.

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-19, 02:26 PM
"You wish, kid."

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-19, 02:28 PM
Bringball

"Great! I'll go sign us up." Rhuny walks off and starts talking to the man taking team entries.
A couple of minutes later, the first match starts, but you're not in it. Jaron Ironfounderson and two other burly Garrock trounce a team of three Valayans. Then Fharad Delah (the Regulea council member, in case you forgot) and two Regulea beat a team of two Rabadash (the halfling like people, unless you forgot) and a Valayan.
For the next match, you hear the annoucer calling you're names. You're up against three Valayan's you don't know.

You walk out on to the field, and Rhuny takes the forward's position. The crowd cheers.

Roll Initiative!

This is the map we are going to be using. Take the gibberish and paste it into the box under the blank map in the link. Then click load map. Make your changes, (be careful not to screw up the map, it can be a little finicky) and then click save map. Copy paste the gibberish in the box into a spoiler in your post.

http://24.97.85.139/java/mmee/
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o
@-3c 6o *s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3f 1 rs 0 0 -3c 0 3c 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -17g *s j 3e cx 329
@-17r *s j 8l bm 2fu -17d *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@-3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s -3 8e aa
@rs 0 Altoma *s 2 7q 8z rs 0 *s -3 8c 8z rs 0 Zanetus *s 5 7s 7n
@rs 0 *s -3 8d 7p rs 0 Rhuny *s 8 7q 6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0
@Enemy Team Members *s b 7p 50 e9 -6a *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s
@b 3d 6n g5 -2a *s 8 2e 2b rs 0 *s 8 4f 2a rs 0 *s 8 34 30 rs 0 *s
@2 2f az rs 0 *s 5 3o ab rs 0 *s 1 4d b0 rs 0
*END ojuopv

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-22, 11:34 AM
Bringball

It's not your turn Lamagra. (I'll tell you when it is.) And when did I call you Altoma?
As soon as the start whistle blows, the other team are off, moving quickly.
The one on the right moves forward a bit, to cover the center, who dashes forward and grabs the ball, then runs behind his teamate, the guy on the left.
Rhuny take a few steps forward and readies himself to spring at the enemy team when they come nearer.

It is now Lamagra's turn.
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@-3c 6o *s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -17f *s j 3e cx 329
@-17q *s j 8l bm 2fu -17c *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@-3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s -3 8e aa
@rs 0 Altoma *s 2 7q 8z rs 0 *s -3 8c 8z rs 0 Zanetus *s 5 7s 7n
@Enemy Team Members *s b 7p 50 e9 -69 *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s
@b 2y 3p g5 -29 *s 8 33 4c rs 0 *s 8 4g 4z rs 0 *s 8 35 3m rs 0 *s
@2 2f az rs 0 *s 5 3q 8z rs 0 *s 1 4d b0 rs 0
*END 30rvon

Blackdeath
2007-08-25, 09:10 AM
Lamagra takes a "run" at the other team to try and steal the ball.

move and unarmed touch attack right?
[roll0]
p.s. eckchay apmay abelslay

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -17d *s j 3e cx 329
@-17o *s j 8l bm 2fu -17a *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@-3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2 7q 8z
@rs 0 *s -3 8c 8z rs 0 Zanetus *s 5 7s 7n rs 0 *s -3 8d 7p rs 0
@Rhuny *s 8 7q 6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b
@7p 50 e9 -67 *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s b 2y 3p g5 -27 *s 8 33
@4c rs 0 *s 8 4g 4z rs 0 *s 8 35 3m rs 0 *s 2 2f az rs 0 *s 5 3q
@8z rs 0 *s 1 3p 4d rs 0 *s -1 1s 1w rs 0 0 1s 1w 1s 1w *s -3 8y
@a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab ao rs 0  *s -3 ap al
@rs 0
*END -kt300n

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-28, 05:56 PM
Bringball

Lamagra provokes two attacks of opportunity from the enemy team. One from the left wing, one from the right wing. Both are being used in an attempt to trip him.
Right Wing
Unarmed Melee Touch Attack [roll0]
Dexterity Check: [roll1]
Left Wing
Unarmed Melee Touch Attack [roll2]
Strength Check: [roll3]

So, you need to make two strength or dexterity checks to avoid being tripped. You have untill thursday, or you will fail.

Blackdeath
2007-08-30, 05:23 PM
Lamagra dodges nibly around the two opponents.

[roll]1d20+2

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-08-30, 07:15 PM
Bringball

Lamagra just manages to jump over the Right Wing's leg, but he lands off balance, and the Left Wing clotheline's him. He ends up flat on his back and mildly dazed.

From now on, please include in your post how many feet you move in each direction and in what order during your turn, in addition to updating the map with your final position. This will allow me to tell what Attacks of Opportunity you provoke.

It is now Zanetus' Turn

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-31, 04:44 PM
Zanetus rushes toward the ball-holder and attemps to snatch, keeping a wide berth from any members of the opposing team. He intends not to end up on his face like Lamagra.
Unfortunately, his poorly-aimed grab ends up going over his opponent's shoulder and leaves him slightly off-balance from his overreach.

Unarmed attack to grab ball: [roll0] which got a 1+1=2
The route: (Yellow is threatened)
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -17b *s j 3e cx 329
@-17m *s j 8l bm 2fu -178 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@7p 50 e9 -65 *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s b 2y 3p g5 -25 *s 8 33
@4c rs 0 *s 8 4g 4z rs 0 *s 8 35 3m rs 0 *s 2 2f az rs 0 *s 5 3q
@8z rs 0 *s 1 3p 4d rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@Lamagra *s -3 ab ao rs 0  *s -3 ap al rs 0 *s -1 18 5c rs 0 0
@18 5c 18 8 k -8 k -14 10 -1k *s -1 1k 20 rs 0 9y6tc o 1s 1k 1s
@1c 20 1c 1k 1k 1s *s -3 5s b7 rs 0 *s -3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q
@b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 2g 2w rs 0 9zl6o o 28 0 28 0 0
@1c 0 14 2w 2g 2w 2g 1c 14 1c
*END -r4ny3c
Current:
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -17b *s j 3e cx 329
@-17m *s j 8l bm 2fu -178 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@7p 50 e9 -65 *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s b 2v 3o g5 -25 *s 8 33
@4c rs 0 *s 8 4g 4z rs 0 *s 8 2z 3n rs 0 *s 2 2a 3p rs 0 *s 5 3q
@Lamagra *s -3 ab ao rs 0  *s -3 ap al rs 0 *s -3 5s b7 rs 0 *s
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 -29 2w
@rs 0 73 58 o 50 o 50 w 58 w 58 o 50 w 58 w 50 o
*END -vd0fps

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-01, 01:16 PM
Bringball

Okay, just one problem here: You moved sixty feet and then made an attack. I know, it doesn't matter, since it missed anyway, but, just be careful.
To everyone: If you prefer to use the map to show your route, rather than typing it out, that's great. One more thing though: Please copy the link to the map site into your post, just for quick reference, so that we don't have to go back to find the link. Here's the link again, so you can copy-paste it from here:

Right Wing
The right wing makes a grab for Lamagra, but he can't hold him.

Centre
Delay till the left wing moves.

Left Wing
The left wing also tries to grab someone, but he goes for Zanetus instead. However, he can't get a hold on him.

Centre
The Centre moves carefully away, protecting himself from attacks as much as possible. (Withdraw action)

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -17a *s j 3e cx 329
@-17l *s j 8l bm 2fu -177 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@7p 50 e9 -64 *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s b x 3p g5 -24 *s 8 33
@4c rs 0 *s 8 4g 4z rs 0 *s 8 11 3m rs 0 *s 2 2a 3p rs 0 *s 5 3q
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 -h 1x
@rs 0 73 1i 1o 1a 1o 1a 1w 1i 1w 1i 1o 1a 1w 1i 1w 1a 1o *s -1 1k
@1w rs 0 0 1k 1w 1k k 0 k -o 18 -o 1w -o 1w -o 1w -o 1w -g 1w -g
@1w
*END wc74f9

Rhuny
Rhuny charges forward to the enemy centre and attempt to wrest the ball from him. He gets his hands on it and whips it away from his opponent.
Final Positions:
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -179 *s j 3e cx 329
@-17k *s j 8l bm 2fu -176 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@7p 50 e9 -63 *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s b z 4d g5 -23 *s 8 33
@4c rs 0 *s 8 4g 4z rs 0 *s 8 11 3o rs 0 *s 2 2a 3p rs 0 *s 5 13
@4d rs 0 *s 1 3p 4d rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 j 2l rs
@0 73 j 1p b 1p b 1x j 1x j 1p b 1x j 1x b 1p
*END -7co79z

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-04, 05:02 PM
D'Arcy: YOU NEED TO START READING THE OOC THREAD. THERE IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THAT THREAD. SUCH AS THE FACT THAT THE ABOVE POST HAD BEEN EDITED, AND THAT YOU NEED TO POST.

Blackdeath
2007-09-05, 10:05 AM
Lamagra runs forward ready to recieve a pass.

I moved 25 feet.

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -178 *s j 3e cx 329
@-17j *s j 8l bm 2fu -175 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@7p 50 e9 -62 *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s b z 4d g5 -22 *s 8 33
@4c rs 0 *s 8 4g 4z rs 0 *s 8 11 3o rs 0 *s 2 2a 3p rs 0 *s 5 13
@4d rs 0 *s 1 2b 2b rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 j 29 rs
@0 73 j 21 b 21 b 29 j 29 j 21 b 29 j 29 b 21
*END xc986m

Aramil Liadon
2007-09-05, 10:16 AM
(call it a withdraw action)

Zanetus, seeing the upcoming play, grabs at the the nearest opponent to distract him.
Grab: [roll0]
Grapple: [roll1]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-05, 01:46 PM
Bringball

D'Arcy, I'm not going to make you fix this, because it'll just slow down the game, but YOU HAVE TO SHOW OR WRITE OUT YOUR ROUTE! For god's sake, have you not been listening at all! "I moved 25 feet" does not help me at all. You need to say "I moved X feet in this direction, X feet in this direction, and X feet in this direction".
You also forgot to copy paste the link to the map site, which I asked you to do in the post preceding yours.

Zanetus gets a strong hold on his opponent.

Right Wing

The right wing moves 25 feet left, and trys to steal the ball from Rhuny. He fails miserably.

Left Wing

The left wing attemps to escape Zanetus's strong grip, but he can't quite get away.

Centre

The Centre also attacks Rhuny, but the runner just dodges away again.

Rhuny

Rhuny twirls and then passes the ball to Lamagra.
Lamagra: make a melee attack against AC 12 to catch the ball.
OOC Note:
(I do roll all of these things. I just use a physical D20.)
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -177 *s j 3e cx 329
@-17i *s j 8l bm 2fu -174 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@7p 50 e9 -61 *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s b z 4d g5 -21 *s 8 37
@4a rs 0 *s 8 11 4z rs 0 *s 8 z 3n rs 0 *s 2 2u 4b rs 0 *s 5 13
@4d rs 0 *s 1 2b 2b rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 j 29 rs
@0 73 j 21 b 21 b 29 j 29 j 21 b 29 j 29 b 21 *s -3 18 4v rs 0 R *s
@-3 13 3k rs 0 C *s -3 3c 48 rs 0 L *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0
*END -nqtlow

Aramil Liadon
2007-09-05, 03:11 PM
Zanetus is reminded of those bits of paper used to mark one's place when reading a scroll, and wonders if the same concept could be used in this case.

Note that I was only sort of OOC. Unspoilered OOC sort of bugs me.
In case you're 'intellect impaired', I suggested that you bookmark the page.

Blackdeath
2007-09-07, 10:04 AM
Lamagra attepts to grab the ball

[roll0]

edit: and fails miserabley, fumble.

Aramil Liadon
2007-09-07, 07:48 PM
Zanetus attempts to push his way from the grapple, then recover the fumble... Straight into the net.

Since he tried to get out last round, do I have to roll?
If so: [roll0]
Shot on net: [roll1]

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17h *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-173 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 7n a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2 7q 8z rs 0 *s -3 8c 8z rs 0
@Zanetus *s 5 7s 7n rs 0 *s -3 8d 7p rs 0 Rhuny *s 8 7q 6b rs 0 *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7p 50 e9 -60 *s -3 8c 52
@rs 0 The Ball *s b 2m b g5 -20 *s 2 37 11 rs 0 *s 5 11 4c rs 0 *s
@-3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab ao rs 0  *s -3
@ap al rs 0 *s -3 5s b7 rs 0 *s -3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0
@ *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 27 -1t rs 0 73 j 21 b 21 b 29 j 29 j 21
@b 29 j 29 b 21 *s -3 3c 48 rs 0 L *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -1 1l g rs 0 73 1g k 1g -4 18 4 1o 4
@1g -4 *s -1 1g 2c rs 0 9y6tc 1g 24 10 24 s 24 10 2c 10 1w s 24 *s
@-1 1g 28 rs 0 0 s 28 s -g 1g -14 1g -w 18 -14 1g -14 *s -1 3c 6o
@rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o *s -1
@3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1 0 6o
@rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -176 *s j 3e cx 329 -17h *s j 8l
@bm 2fu -173 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0
@Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2 7q 8z rs 0 *s -3 8c
@8z rs 0 Zanetus *s 5 7s 7n rs 0 *s -3 8d 7p rs 0 Rhuny *s 8 7q
@6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7p 50 e9 -60 *s
@-3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 8 36 4b rs 0 *s 8 11 4z rs 0 *s 8 11
@3n rs 0 *s 1 2e 2a rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -3 3c 48
@rs 0 L *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s
@-3 12 3l rs 0 C
*END -m6uqhi

Is it faster to open a new window, or to make me&D'Arcy accept your terms? I suppose I could do it once, though. The Site Of Doom (http://24.97.85.139/java/mmee/)

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-08, 12:54 PM
Bringball

I'm going to rule that since the goal is all three spaces that are in front of you, and there's no goalie, you automatically score. However, the left wing gets an attack of opportunity on you. If he can drop you, you fail. And thanks for putting the link in your post.

Zanetus has no trouble escaping the left wing's hold. However, the man sees a chance and takes it, attempting to punch Zanetus in the back of the head.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
The referee doesn't notice the punch, which is lucky for the your opponents, because it would result in a foul for your team if he did.
You're going to have to tell me whether that hits, cause I don't feel like searching for your character sheet link.
EDIT: Never mind, that definatly doesn't hit.

Are you guys enjoying bringball? If you're not, please let me know. We can always just skip past it if it's just boring people.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-09-10, 02:26 PM
Bringball

(Sorry for the delay there.)

Zanetus scores! Zanetus, Rhuny, and Lamagra - 1, NPC Goons - 0

The ball is taken back to the centre of the field and everthing starts again.
Roll initiative!
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17g *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-172 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 3d 6p e9 -5z *s -3 8c 52
@rs 0 The Ball *s b 3d 6p g5 -1z *s 2 2d bk rs 0 *s 5 3p ay rs 0 *s
@ *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 24 6l rs 0 73 1d 0 15 0 15 8 1d 8 1d 0
@15 8 1d 8 15 0 *s -3 2j 1h rs 0 L *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s
@-1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o *s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1
@3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f
@2zd -175 *s j 3e cx 329 -17g *s j 8l bm 2fu -172 *s -3 9z bj rs
@0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s
@1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2 7q 8z rs 0 *s -3 8c 8z rs 0 Zanetus *s 5 7s 7n
@Enemy Team Members *s b 7p 50 e9 -5z *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s
@8 2e 1i rs 0 *s 8 4d 1m rs 0 *s 8 32 2b rs 0 *s 1 4f bk rs 0 *s
@ *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17
@3h rs 0 *s -3 36 27 rs 0 C *s -3 4h 1i rs 0 R *s -3 77 4c rs 0
@L/R/C *s -3 96 45 rs 0 *s -3 8j 43 rs 0 *s -3 8a 4b rs 0 Enemy
@Team Member Positions *s -3 8k 34 rs 0 *s -3 9o 47 rs 0
*END gb412s

Blackdeath
2007-09-13, 10:00 AM
Lamagra runs for the ball
Init: [roll0]
edit: Waiting for others to roll.

Aramil Liadon
2007-09-13, 02:25 PM
Zanetus smiles slightly, and walks back top his place on the field, then readies himself for the next play.
[roll]1d20+1[roll]

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-16, 06:26 PM
Bringball

The right wing dashes forward as the game starts again, moving past it to protect it from the opposing players. The opposing centre moves up and scoops the ball off of the ground. Rhuny takes a few steps forward, and readies himself to charge at anyone who tries to get past him.
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17g *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-172 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 3d 6p e9 -5z *s -3 8c 52
@rs 0 The Ball *s b 3d 6p g5 -1z *s 2 2d bk rs 0 *s 5 3p ay rs 0 *s
@ *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 24 6l rs 0 73 1d 0 15 0 15 8 1d 8 1d 0
@15 8 1d 8 15 0 *s -3 2j 1h rs 0 L *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s
@-1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o *s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1
@3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f
@2zd -175 *s j 3e cx 329 -17g *s j 8l bm 2fu -172 *s -3 9z bj rs
@0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s
@1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2 7q 8z rs 0 *s -3 8c 8z rs 0 Zanetus *s 5 7s 7n
@Enemy Team Members *s b 7p 50 e9 -5z *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s
@8 2e 1i rs 0 *s 8 4d 1m rs 0 *s 8 32 2b rs 0 *s 1 4f bk rs 0 *s
@ *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17
@3h rs 0 *s -3 36 27 rs 0 C *s -3 4h 1i rs 0 R *s -3 77 4c rs 0
@L/R/C *s -3 96 45 rs 0 *s -3 8j 43 rs 0 *s -3 8a 4b rs 0 Enemy
@Team Member Positions *s -3 8k 34 rs 0 *s -3 9o 47 rs 0
*END gb412s

It is now Lamagra's Turn

Blackdeath
2007-10-23, 02:05 PM
Lamagra once again makes a dash for the ball, using his "wind stride" maneuver to gain 10 extra feet allowing him to grab the ball.

edit: Crap, over to the ooc thread

Attack on center 1d20+1

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17f *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-171 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 3d 6p e9 -5y *s -3 8c 52
@rs 0 The Ball *s b 3d 6p g5 -1y *s 2 2d bk rs 0 *s 5 3p ay rs 0 *s
@ *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 1q 3e rs 0 73 1r 37 1j 37 1j 3f 1r 3f
@1r 37 1j 3f 1r 3f 1j 37 *s -3 2j 1h rs 0 L *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s
@-3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c
@-3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o *s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c
@-c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0
@6o *s j 3d f 2zd -174 *s j 3e cx 329 -17f *s j 8l bm 2fu -171 *s
@-3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n
@a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2 7q 8z rs 0 *s -3 8c 8z rs 0
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7p 50 e9 -5y *s -3 8c 52
@rs 0 The Ball *s 8 2e 1i rs 0 *s 8 4d 1m rs 0 *s 8 32 2b rs 0 *s
@1 3n 6y rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab
@ao rs 0  *s -3 ap al rs 0 *s -3 5s b7 rs 0 *s -3 5n bb rs 0 *s
@-3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -3 36 27 rs 0 C *s -3 4h 1i rs 0 R *s
@-3 77 4c rs 0 L/R/C *s -3 96 45 rs 0 *s -3 8j 43 rs 0 *s -3 8a
@4b rs 0 Enemy Team Member Positions *s -3 8k 34 rs 0 *s -3 9o
@47 rs 0
*END 231wjh

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-23, 02:54 PM
Bringball

Lamagra runs forward and tries to scoop the ball off the ground. Unfortunatly for him, the ball is already in the hands of the opposing center, which he would have known if he had actually read the thread before he posted.:smallfurious:

It is now Zanetus's Turn

The Linker
2007-10-23, 06:30 PM
Altoma

Altoma does a facepalm as Lamagra grabs at empty air.

To be fair, one could say that he just barely missed picking it up befor the other guy. :smalltongue:

Aramil Liadon
2007-10-24, 04:32 PM
Zanetus, beginning to expect such inadequacy from his teammates, bends down into a crouch, prepared to intercept the first opponent to close with him.
Defense is not as fun. I should have known.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-12, 04:01 PM
Bringball

The left wing moves forward and stands next to Lamagra, ready to grab him if he tries to get away. The right wing runs up to Rhuny and grabs him. Rhuny tries to escape, but fails. The enemy centre withdraws from Lamagra's grab and heads toward the goal, but Lamagra's sudden charge cuts him off.
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17e *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-170 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 2
@2d bk rs 0 *s 5 3p 9o rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 -l 53
@rs 0 73 1r 37 1j 37 1j 3f 1r 3f 1r 37 1j 3f 1r 3f 1j 37 *s -3 36
@6u rs 0 L *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s
@-1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c
@6o *s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s
@-1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -173 *s j 3e cx 329 -17e
@*s j 8l bm 2fu -170 *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1
@bp rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2 7q 8z rs 0 *s
@-3 8c 8z rs 0 Zanetus *s 5 7s 7n rs 0 *s -3 8d 7p rs 0 Rhuny *s
@8 7q 6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7o 50 e9
@-5x *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 8 32 6z rs 0 *s 8 3t 9c rs 0 *s
@8 14 8c rs 0 *s 1 3n 6y rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -3 3s 5t
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -3 15 8a rs 0 C *s
@-3 3w 98 rs 0 R *s -3 77 4c rs 0 L/R/C *s -3 96 45 rs 0 *s -3
@8j 43 rs 0 *s -3 8a 4b rs 0 Enemy Team Member Positions *s -3
@8k 34 rs 0 *s -3 9o 47 rs 0 *s -1 1k 3k rs 0 0 o -1s o 3k 1k
@3k *s -1 24 4s rs 0 0 24 24 24 4c 1o 4s *s -1 1k 40 rs 0 0 1k 2g
@-g 2g -g 40 *s -1 14 5s rs 0 9y6tc 14 5s 0 2w
*END -9slsrm
Lamagra must now resolve his bull-rush.

Blackdeath
2007-11-15, 05:33 PM
The new website doesn't work. When you fix it, this post will change. Thanks!

Aramil Liadon
2007-11-18, 03:21 PM
Zanetus, well prepared for this, sprints directly at the opposing player. Almost before the opponent sees him coming, Zanetus pushes his opponent back will all his might, trying to move with him beyond the edges of the field.

AoO, then opposed strength, right? And where do I hit him in his movement path?
[roll0]
The +2 is a guess, because my character sheet is being funny. Charging gets a +2, and I don't think I have a strength modifier.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-18, 04:56 PM
Bringball

You him where it shows you do on the map. Of course, you can't see the map, cause the link is broken.:smallredface: Here's the right one.
http://24.97.85.139/java/mmee/.
Zanetus smashes into his opponent, pushing him back and going with him over ten feet, sending him off the field. The ref calls a stop and gives the ball to Zanetus, to throw from the edge, since the enemy team was the last one to touch it, technically.
Zanetus must now either throw the ball or delay until next round to give his team time to maneuver.
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17d *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-16z *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@2d bk rs 0 *s 5 3p 9o rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 l 49 rs
@0 73 l 41 d 41 d 49 l 49 l 41 d 49 l 49 d 41 *s -3 36 6u rs 0 L *s
@-3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -1 3c 6o
@rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -172 *s j 3e cx 329 -17d *s j 8l
@bm 2fu -16z *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0
@6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7o 50 e9 -5w *s
@-3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 8 32 6z rs 0 *s 8 3t 9c rs 0 *s 8 14
@8c rs 0 *s 1 3n 6y rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@8k 34 rs 0 *s -3 9o 47 rs 0 *s -1 1k 3k rs 0 0 o -1s o 3k 1k
@3k *s -1 24 4s rs 0 0 24 24 24 4c 1o 4s *s -1 1k 40 rs 0 0 1k 2g
@-g 2g -g 40 *s -1 14 5o rs 0 0 14 5o 14 5o *s -1 1d 5s rs 0
@9y6tc 1c 5s -14 1s -14 20 -w 1s -14 1s
*END vhpobt

Aramil Liadon
2007-11-19, 04:07 PM
Zanetus stands on the sidelines, waiting for one of his teammates to break clear for a pass.

"Well, maybe I should try that more often! Seems to work pretty well."

I hope this (http://24.97.85.139/java/mmee/) works...
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17c *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-16y *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@6 7j rs 0 *s 5 3p 9o rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 -6 38
@rs 0 73 l 41 d 41 d 49 l 49 l 41 d 49 l 49 d 41 *s -3 36 6u rs 0
@L *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -1 3c
@6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o *s
@-1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1 0
@6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -171 *s j 3e cx 329 -17c *s j
@8l bm 2fu -16y *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp
@rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2 7q 8z rs 0 *s
@-5v *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 8 32 6z rs 0 *s 8 3t 9c rs 0 *s
@8 14 8c rs 0 *s 1 3n 6y rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@8k 34 rs 0 *s -3 9o 47 rs 0
*END 8tnkv7

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-19, 04:33 PM
It is now Lamgara's turn.

Blackdeath
2007-11-25, 03:43 PM
Lamagra runs 15 feet diagonally Northwest, and then 5 feet north to recieve a pass. OR!!! If he is running in the entirely opposite direction, which is possible because I'm an idiot, he instead runs 15 feet Southwest to recieve the pass.

If the enemies goal is to the north:

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17b *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-16x *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 7 3q rs
@0 73 8 3j 0 3j 0 3r 8 3r 8 3j 0 3r 8 3r 0 3j *s -3 36 6u rs 0 L *s
@rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -170 *s j 3e cx 329 -17b *s j 8l
@bm 2fu -16x *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0
@6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7o 50 e9 -5u *s
@8c rs 0 *s 1 2g 4z rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0

If enemies goal is to the south:

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17b *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-16x *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 7 3q rs
@0 73 8 3j 0 3j 0 3r 8 3r 8 3j 0 3r 8 3r 0 3j *s -3 36 6u rs 0 L *s
@rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -170 *s j 3e cx 329 -17b *s j 8l
@bm 2fu -16x *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0
@6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7o 50 e9 -5u *s
@8c rs 0 *s 1 2g 8c rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
*END m8gq0e

p.s. Feel free to call me an idiot in the next post.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-25, 09:16 PM
Bringball

{The goal is in the north, so you're not an idiot.}

Zanetus must now either continue delaying, or take his action. CURRY.

Aramil Liadon
2007-11-26, 08:36 AM
Zanetus fakes a throw to Rhuny, then whips around and flings the ball at Lamagra.

Probably pointless Bluff: [roll0]
Throwing the ball: [roll1]

He then jogs out toward center field, assuming he's allowed to.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-11-26, 04:04 PM
A) Yes, you are allowed to move out to centre field. Please provide a distance and map.

b) Lamagra must now make a melee attack roll using dex instead of str against AC 11 to catch the ball.

Aramil Liadon
2007-12-09, 02:39 PM
The path of Jog: (http://24.97.85.139/java/mmee/)
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17a *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-16w *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s -3
@8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab ao rs 0  *s -3 ap
@al rs 0 *s -3 5s b7 rs 0 *s -3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s
@-3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 1w 18 rs 0 73 8 3j 0 3j 0 3r 8 3r 8 3j 0 3r
@8 3r 0 3j *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s
@-1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c
@6o *s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s
@-1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -16z *s j 3e cx 329 -17a
@*s j 8l bm 2fu -16w *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1
@bp rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2 7q 8z rs 0 *s
@-5t *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -3 77 4c rs 0 L/R/C
@*s -3 96 45 rs 0 *s -3 8j 43 rs 0 *s -3 8a 4b rs 0 Enemy Team
@Member Positions *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c
@6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o *s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0
@rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329
@-17a *s j 8l bm 2fu -16w *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@Rhuny *s 8 7q 6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s -3
@8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 2 3q 5p rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d
@ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab ao rs 0  *s -3 ap al rs 0 *s -3 5s b7
@rs 0 *s -3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s
@rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -16z *s j 3e cx 329 -17a *s j 8l
@bm 2fu -16w *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0
@6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7o 50 e9 -5t *s
@-3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@-17a *s j 8l bm 2fu -16w *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 5 3p 9o rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d
@rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -16z *s j 3e cx 329 -17a *s j 8l
@bm 2fu -16w *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0
@6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7o 50 e9 -5t *s
@8j 43 rs 0 *s -3 8a 4b rs 0 Enemy Team Member Positions *s -1
@3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o
@*s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1
@0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -17a *s j 8l bm 2fu -16w *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 5
@3p 9o rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab
@-3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -3 37 6t rs 0 L *s -3 3s 5t
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c
@-6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o *s -1 3c c rs 0
@0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0
@-6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -16z *s j 3e cx 329 -17a *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-16w *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7o 50 e9 -5t *s -3 8c 52
@rs 0 The Ball *s 8 32 6z rs 0 *s 8 3t 9c rs 0 *s 8 14 8c rs 0 *s
@1 2g 4z rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -3 15 8a rs 0 C *s -3 3w 98 rs 0 R *s
@4b rs 0 Enemy Team Member Positions *s -1 1o 3s rs 0 0 -18 3s 1o
@20 1o 28 1g 20 1o 20 *s -3 2s 2j rs 0
*END -gjsz95

Blackdeath
2007-12-13, 03:19 PM
Lamagra spins around and grabs at the ball, planning to throw it towards the net as soon as he has a good grip on it.

[roll0]

edit: An amazing catch! The crowd goes wild as Lamagra prepares for a long shot at the net.

*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
@*s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -179 *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-16v *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s -3
@8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab ao rs 0  *s -3 ap
@al rs 0 *s -3 5s b7 rs 0 *s -3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s
@-3 5m bd rs 0 *s -1 19 2s rs 0 73 12 2a u 2a u 2i 12 2i 12 2a u
@2i 12 2i u 2a *s -3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs
@0 *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c
@6o -3c 6o *s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1
@3e 1 *s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -16y *s j 3e cx
@329 -179 *s j 8l bm 2fu -16v *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0
@*s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2 7q
@8z rs 0 *s -3 8c 8z rs 0 Zanetus *s 5 7s 7n rs 0 *s -3 8d 7p rs
@0 Rhuny *s 8 7q 6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b
@7o 50 e9 -5s *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3
@8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab ao rs 0  *s -3 ap al rs 0 *s -3 5s
@b7 rs 0 *s -3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s
@-3 3s 5t rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -3 77 4c
@rs 0 L/R/C *s -3 96 45 rs 0 *s -3 8j 43 rs 0 *s -3 8a 4b rs 0
@Enemy Team Member Positions *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c
@6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o *s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s
@-1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e
@cx 329 -179 *s j 8l bm 2fu -16v *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs
@0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s -3 7n a8 rs 0 *s 1 7p ab rs 0 *s 2
@7q 8z rs 0 *s -3 8c 8z rs 0 Zanetus *s 5 7s 7n rs 0 *s -3 8d 7p
@rs 0 Rhuny *s 8 7q 6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s
@-3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 2 3q 5p rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3
@8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab ao rs 0  *s -3 ap al rs 0 *s -3 5s
@b7 rs 0 *s -3 5n bb rs 0 *s -3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s
@rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -16y *s j 3e cx 329 -179 *s j 8l
@bm 2fu -16v *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0
@6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7o 50 e9 -5s *s
@-3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0
@-179 *s j 8l bm 2fu -16v *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s
@8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 5 3p 9o rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d
@rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -16y *s j 3e cx 329 -179 *s j 8l
@bm 2fu -16v *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0
@6b rs 0 *s -3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7o 50 e9 -5s *s
@8j 43 rs 0 *s -3 8a 4b rs 0 Enemy Team Member Positions *s -1
@3c 6o rs 0 0 3c -6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o
@*s -1 3c c rs 0 0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1
@0 6o rs 0 0 0 -6o 0 6o *s j 3e cx 329 -179 *s j 8l bm 2fu -16v *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s -3 8c 52 rs 0 The Ball *s 5
@3p 9o rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab
@-3 5q b7 rs 0 *s -3 5m bd rs 0 *s -3 37 6t rs 0 L *s -3 3s 5t
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3k rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c
@-6g 3c -3s 3c 6o *s -1 3c 6o rs 0 0 3c 6o -3c 6o *s -1 3c c rs 0
@0 3c -c 3c c *s -1 3d 0 rs 0 0 -3a 1 3e 1 *s -1 0 6o rs 0 0 0
@-6o 0 6o *s j 3d f 2zd -16y *s j 3e cx 329 -179 *s j 8l bm 2fu
@-16v *s -3 9z bj rs 0 *s -3 a6 bf rs 0 *s -3 a1 bp rs 0 Goal *s
@-3 89 6c rs 0 Enemy Team Members *s b 7o 50 e9 -5s *s -3 8c 52
@rs 0 The Ball *s 8 32 6z rs 0 *s 8 3t 9c rs 0 *s 8 14 8c rs 0 *s
@1 2g 4z rs 0 *s -3 8y a7 rs 0 *s -3 8d ae rs 0 Lamagra *s -3 ab
@rs 0 *s -3 17 3h rs 0 *s -3 15 8a rs 0 C *s -3 3w 98 rs 0 R *s
@4b rs 0 Enemy Team Member Positions *s -1 1o 3s rs 0 0 -18 3s 1o
@20 1o 28 1g 20 1o 20 *s -3 2s 2j rs 0
*END -wwdpfx

Blackdeath
2007-12-14, 07:54 PM
LAMAGRA

Lamagra takes the shot!

[roll0]

Check map from previous post

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-26, 04:24 PM
Bringball

Lamagra scores! "Woohoo," the crowd screams! Rhuny, Lamagra, and Zanetus win the Bringball game.
Okay, there's NO WAY IN HELL I'm doing another of these games.[exasperated smiley] I'll post again later, I've got to do something else right now.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-12-27, 12:49 PM
Bringball

You are all in the bringball finals... but we're not going to play the game. 49+, you win.
[roll0]
You play horribly. Every throw is a fumble, every dash a trip. Score is 0-2 for the other people.

On to the next event!

Wrestling
It's exactly what it sounds like. You start and must stay in a grapple and the first person to maintain a pin for 2 rounds or KO their opponent wins.

The Linker
2007-12-27, 07:46 PM
Altoma

((Uh... what's my color again?))

"Wow, uh... that was a little sad. I don't even know HOW you won that first game. Might help if you actually knew which people were on your team. Because, you know, they're the people you should be passing to." Altoma looks directly at Lamagra as he says these last sentences, one eyebrow raised.

"Guess I'll go in for some wrestlin'..." Altoma straightens up, stretching his arms to try and wrest them from the grips of hours (?) of inactivity. He then proceeds with the rest of his stretches, loosening his joints on the grass until someone says they're ready for him.

Blackdeath
2008-01-02, 03:58 PM
Lamagra is sitting out of the next event after playing so badly in the previous one.

Aramil Liadon
2008-01-05, 06:31 PM
Zanetus stumbles off the field, and slumps down against a tree. Maybe he'll take a nap; wrestling doesn't sound like his thing.

Rigel Cyrosea
2008-01-09, 08:58 PM
Wrestling

Altoma's first opponent is William. "Ever wrestled before Altoma? It's usually a sport for people who are actually strong," he says with a grin.
It's a normal combat, but you start, and can't leave grappling. You can win by causing enough non-lethal damage to KO your opponent, or by keeping them pinned for three rounds.
Roll Initiative!

The Linker
2008-01-13, 07:32 PM
Altoma smirks at William's jab, then replies with, "Oh, I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong section. I believe you're supposed to be wrestling small woodland creatures over there in the forest. Don't worry, the squirrels might give you a run for your money, but I think you'll pull through."
[roll0]

Rigel Cyrosea
2008-01-13, 08:42 PM
It is now Altoma's turn.

Triangle actualizes radish greenly!

The Linker
2008-01-13, 09:54 PM
Altoma lunges at William, hoping to catch him off-guard with a beserker-like style.

You, uh, may have to remind me what I can do once I grapple him, or he grapples me. :smallredface:

For now... [roll0]

Aramil Liadon
2008-01-14, 03:57 PM
Zanetus snores as loudly as possible.
[roll0]

Rigel Cyrosea
2008-01-14, 04:12 PM
You, uh, may have to remind me what I can do once I grapple him, or he grapples me.
:smallsigh:
You start in a grapple. To see what options are available to you, look up the section in the playes handbook entitled "Grappling".

The Linker
2008-01-14, 05:41 PM
Oops. Eh-heh.

In my defense, you said it a little obscurely. :smalltongue:

Altoma decides to pin William to the ground, and afterwards think about beating the crap out him. "RAAAAAAAWR!"

[roll0]

Rigel Cyrosea
2008-01-16, 08:28 PM
Wrestling

Altoma's sudden push to the ground takes William off-gaurd, and they go down, with Altoma pinning William soundly. William, worried, attempts to wriggle out of his grip.
Okay, since pretty much everything you can do in a grapple involves opposed grapple checks, you might as well roll your defensive check and your offensive check in the same post. I.e. You need to roll to prevent William from escaping your pin, and then it'll be your turn, so you can make an offensive roll too.

The Linker
2008-01-20, 02:48 PM
Altoma does his best to keep William down. "You're NOT getting back up, Willy! Struggle all you want!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

I don't have do anything special to keep him down, right? As long as he doesn't get a higher roll than my defensive roll, he'll stay pinned, and I can just beat the crap out of him with no penalty? If that's the case, that's what I'll do with my offensive roll.