PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Demogorgon's Layer of the Abyss

Alistaroc
2015-09-15, 07:50 PM
I beseech thee, oh omnipotent Playground!:smallwink::smallbiggrin:
So, to wrap up the current campaign I'm writing, I'd like to have my players face Dagon and Demogorgon, but I can't find enough material on their layers of the Abyss.

Originally, I mistook Demogorgon's realm for Dagon's, so the new plan is that on their way to defeat Demogorgon, he calls in a favor and gets Dagon to come and fight them on the surface of the Gaping Maw. This is all I've found for a map of the Gaping Maw, Demogorgon's 88th Layer of the Abyss.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/Gorbash/Fantasy/untitled2-3.jpg
Does anyone know of a module that details this layer better? A better map? Anything at all helps. :smallsmile:

DrMotives
2015-09-15, 08:19 PM
Dragon magazine #357 talks more about it, but doesn't have a map. It does have descriptions of minions and other things that live there though. Also, that same issue stats Demogorgon at CR 33, so even alone that's a pretty epic fight.

Alistaroc
2015-09-15, 09:54 PM
Dragon magazine #357
Just dug this out of my archive of Dragon Magazines, and it's great! Plenty of info on Demogorgon and potential enemies, and it even talks about his savage tide, which is exactly the inter-planar invasion I'm planning. :smallbiggrin: Thanks!

All I need now are some geographic details.

BowStreetRunner
2015-09-15, 09:58 PM
Have you looked at pp.139-142 of Fiendish Codex I?

DarkOne-Rob
2015-09-16, 02:51 AM
The Savage Tides adventure path (from the last dozen issues of Dungeon magazine when it was published in hard-copy by Paizo) involve both Dagon and Demogorgon heavily. I would strongly advise looking into them all. Back issues can be purchased on the Paizo website, including .pdf versions.

As far as maps are concerned, the one linked is from a Dragon issue coinciding with this campaign. You won't be disappointed if you look for more from the original creators of that material directly.

Alistaroc
2015-09-16, 06:38 PM
Have you looked at pp.139-142 of Fiendish Codex I?
I have, however the above map details some locations not mentioned in the Fiendish Codex.

The Savage Tides adventure path (from the last dozen issues of Dungeon magazine when it was published in hard-copy by Paizo) involve both Dagon and Demogorgon heavily. I would strongly advise looking into them all. Back issues can be purchased on the Paizo website, including .pdf versions.

As far as maps are concerned, the one linked is from a Dragon issue coinciding with this campaign. You won't be disappointed if you look for more from the original creators of that material directly.
I actually just stumbled across the Savage Tides adventures! :smallbiggrin: So far they're amazing, although I'm still having quite the time trying to find issues 144-150. Thank you a million times over; I wasn't sure if it was actually worth looking at. :smallsmile:

Which issue of Dragon would that be, approximately?

EDIT: Found all the issues of Dungeon, and holy crap, there is some really good stuff in there! :smallbiggrin:

DarkOne-Rob
2015-09-17, 06:42 AM
I am glad I could help! It is a neat campaign with several iconic locations and developments that make it quite entertaining.

You are looking for the last 12 issues of both Dungeon and Dragon magazines as published by Paizo. I don't have the numbers handy, but it should be easy to find on their website. If you cannot find hard copies, they have .pdf files available for sale on their website too.

Alistaroc
2015-09-17, 07:02 PM
I am glad I could help! It is a neat campaign with several iconic locations and developments that make it quite entertaining.

You are looking for the last 12 issues of both Dungeon and Dragon magazines as published by Paizo. I don't have the numbers handy, but it should be easy to find on their website. If you cannot find hard copies, they have .pdf files available for sale on their website too. Dragon Magazines 348-359, all quite excellent issues. :smallbiggrin:
I now own 12 more pdfs of Dragon Magazine... they may need their own flash drive soon! :smallbiggrin: