PDA

View Full Version : Bink's Wrath of the Righteous OOC

Pages : [1] 2 3

Farmerbink
2015-09-15, 08:00 PM
NPC Gallery! (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25730279&postcount=486)

1d20+6 W init
1d20+1 G init
1d20+6 E init
1d20+5 M init
1d20+8 F init

1d20+15 W perc
1d20-1 G perc
1d20+11 E perc
1d20+9 M perc
1d20+10 F perc

1d20+6 W fort
1d20+14 G fort
1d20+7 E fort
1d20+7 M fort
1d20+6 F fort

1d20+6 W ref
1d20+9 G ref
1d20+7 E ref
1d20+8 M ref
1d20+5 F ref

1d20+9 W will
1d20+12 G will
1d20+8 E will
1d20+7 M will
1d20+7 F will

Player
Character
Race
Class/Level
Alignment

MuffinMan
Waylan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=167246)
Human
Cleric
Lawful Good

BelGareth
Gracia (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2282339)
Human
Paladin
Lawful Goodl

Gwinfryd
Elrembriel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=586193)
Elf
Wizard
Neutral

JWally
Morevek (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=562872)
Tiefling
Magus
Chaotic Good

DarkOne
Filburn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=564423)
Half-Elf
Bard
Neutral Good

Knighthood and Medals of the Crusade (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24818605&postcount=447)
Scales of Terendelev (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=19889141&postcount=55)
Campaign Traits and Medals earned (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25145290&postcount=426)

For decades, demons have ruled the Worldwound. Fearsome fiends of every stripe—their mottled skin harder than iron, teeth like serrated blades, and eyes burning with Abyssal flames—roam the ruined lands that were once known as Sarkoris, leaving their mark wherever they go.

Four crusades have attempted to cleanse the land, but each seems to meet a worse fate than the last. Were it not for the line of magical wardstones along the eastern and southern borders, the demons would have long ago overrun north central Avistan and beyond.

The Fourth Crusade hasn’t really ended as much as petered out, yet some refuse to accept that. Amid crippling shortages and record lows in morale among the crusaders, the Mendevian war effort teeters on the brink of collapse.

Though the demonic occupation of the Worldwound is growing, as is corruption among the crusaders, a dwindling minority of paladins and priests maintain that the Fourth Crusade is still vibrant and alive, and that the turning point in the war is only a few days away.

The Fourth Crusade is anything but vibrant, but the crusaders are more right than they know about the approaching turning point in the war. It’s just that the turning point is likely destined to favor the Abyss.

1: What game system are you running?
Pathfinder

4: What is the characters' starting status?
Level 1, 3 traits, no drawbacks (unless you really want to, you don't get a 4th trait)

8: By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
25 point buy

MuffinMan
2015-09-15, 09:48 PM
Waylan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=167246) and Kestros (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=558530), his hawk familiar

I still need a surname and the name of frontier community he's from originally (any suggestions, Bink?), but otherwise I think he's good to go.

Waylan hails from a small frontier community not far from Kenabres, where life is harder but the community is correspondingly stronger than in the larger cities. As one of two servants of Erastil in the region, his duties range from from healing the sick, praying for good harvests, mediating disputes between neighbors, and generally helping out with the day-to-day work of the community in any way possible. His greatest affinity has always been for hunting, though.

Waylan has always had a strong bond with animals, especially wild creatures of the forest and those less domesticated by mankind. His hunting companion, Kestros, is a hawk he raised from a chick and has trained to scout and hunt on command. The bond between them runs deeper than between trainer and beast, however, suggesting a spark of divine influence behind Kestros' fierce stare.

For as long as he can remember, Waylan has felt a peculiar affinity towards Erastil, moreso even than being a priest can explain. It's not uncommon for him to dream about visitations from Old Deadeye himself, usually in the form of a great stag or other hooved creature. Most of these dream-visitations left no specific memories for Waylan when we awoke, but his most recent dream was an exception: for the first time, the stag spoke to him with the voice of the Stag God himself. It clearly told him to go to Kenabres and join the crusaders, for events were beginning to unfold that would decide the fate of the Worldwound itself, and that his aid would be necessary for the forces of humanity to prevail. Without understanding the details, Waylan decided to trust his faith in Erastil and the truth of his vision, and packed his bags that very day to depart for the headquarters of the crusaders...
Waylan is of average height and build, with tanned, weathered skin and a short brown beard. His outfit, a motley mixture of earth and forest tones, is that of an ordinary woodsman, and his dusty, well-worn hide armor speaks to the Erastilian virtues of simplicity and pragmatism. A well-trained hawk is never far from his shoulder, and its eyes shine with uncanny intelligence.
Waylan is a pacifist by nature, and his duties as a cleric of Old Deadeye frequently involve mediating disputes between angry neighbors. He prefers listening to speaking, and weighs his words carefully before uttering them. He would like nothing more than to be back home guiding the faithful in his community, but the Fifth Crusade and destiny have other plans for him...

EDIT: As I see it, here's what I'm thinking about in terms of my guy's responsibilities in the party:

Primary:
- Support: buffs/heals
- Ranged damage (archery)
- "Wilderness" skills: survival, handle animal, ride, heal, maybe Knowledge: Nature

Secondary:
- Battlefield control (summons, fog, walls, etc)
- Social (diplomacy, sense motive)
- Scouting (perception, hawk familiar, etc)

(Notable omissions: "tanking", melee damage, "rogue skills", "arcane skills", etc)

These are just mechanics, of course - I'm eager to see how Waylan fits into the overall party dynamic! Between angelic aasimars and tieflings, I think he's likely to be the peacekeeper! :smallwink:

DarkOne-Rob
2015-09-16, 05:22 AM
As I have mentioned in the hangouts, I will reserve my decision to play or not based on everyone else and what it looks like I can handle before next year. When I get deployed I do not expect to be able to continue, so any PC I play will need to be easily replaced.

Untarr
2015-09-16, 06:58 AM
Aurora Pelleas (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=558984)

Aurora is the progeny of the Pelleas family. A family whose history is inseparable from the crusades themselves. Her great grandfather, Rory Pelleas, was a member of the first crusade. His legacy, and his family’s legacy, was secured through a heroic defense of South Sarkoris that held out until reinforcements arrived from the first crusade. Since then, members of the Pelleas family have participated in each of crusades with distinction and valor.

At birth her parents, Laura and Richard, discovered that she was not quite human. Touched by the heavens themselves, Aurora was an Aasimar. With proof of celestial lineage, the Pelleas family celebrated Aurora’s coming as a reward for their devotion to the cause of the crusades and Iomedae.

Expectations from her parents ran high, and Aurora never disappointed. Throughout her Paladin training she excelled at everything. Never failing a trial, Aurora completed her training in record time. Hoping to surprise her father with her early graduation on [Holy Day], Aurora has returned to Kenebres ready to pick up the mantle of the Pelleas family.

Aurora is quite tall, and her slight build hides the fact that she is in incredible physical shape. Her armor is shined and new, both a sign of her inexperience and her attention to detail. A cold iron sword rests at her hip, ready to draw at a moments notice. Alongside that are various holsters and straps holding her shield, a Lucern Hammer, and a series of small metal disks.

Except for the slight glow in her eyes and her naturally gold hair, Aurora can come across almost human. Though, the more perceptive people will immediately recognize such traits as an Aasimar.

In battle though, there can be no doubt. Her skin turns white and acquires a pattern that looks like marble. Her eyes glow a burning yellow that is reminiscent of the sun. Her hair seems to come alive, as if it were trying to emulate the rays of the sun itself.
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B1QGw8atRk3_M2VRU1VuemRSYzA
With a magnetic personality combined with a surety of cause, Aurora tends to take the lead in any group. Ever humble, she goes goes out of her way to downplay her own abilities. However, this never reaches the level of self-deprecation. People just feel better about themselves when she is around. Her warm smile and genuine heart are infectious.

In combat though, her warm personality turns into a holy fire of vengeance. Its as if the wrath of the heavens themselves is trying to channel itself through her. She engages in combat with the surety of a being whom has the full backing of the righteousness of Iomedae.

Obviously will be a frontline combatant with the sword and shield. Out of combat she will be able to help with healing, diplomacy, and knowledge (planes) checks.

And while she will be at first nontrusting of the Tieflings, she is still a Paladin and believes in good intentions. They could quite easily prove themselves to her.

Amazo
2015-09-16, 11:13 AM
I'll be playing Thyxius Koszer, the tiefling investigator. His sheet is here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=558876).

Thyxius was born to a human mother and a tiefling father. His mother, Ysabel, was a wizard of some power and renown in Mendev. She fell in love with his father, Zarin, during the First Mendevian Crusade when he joined her party of crusaders acting as its scout during their missions in the Worldwound region. Eventually, the two settled in Kenabres after the crusade's conclusion and started a family with Zarin some years later. Both parents were hopeful that their son would follow in their footsteps and become a hero of the crusades, but Ysabel was especially disappointed when he turned out to be a layabout and delinquent when it came to her lessons in magic. Worried that his aloofness would be indicative of the general morale his entire generation, Ysabel took it upon herself in her twilight years to delve once more unto the breach of the Worldwound during the Third Mendevian Crusade. Alas, this campaign proved to be disastrous both overall and for her, as she was slain during her excursion there. Little did she know, Thyxius' delinquency had taught him much of his father's scouting skills as a matter of course, which he put to use to run away from home and follow his mother on her final expedition. Sadly, the boy was forced to bear witness to his mother and her party's slaughter at the hands and other ghastly appendages of a cabal of powerful cultists allied with the demons, as he hid nearby unable to do anything to affect the outcome of the battle. He did manage to recover the charred and mostly ruined remains of his mother's spellbook, but the point seemed moot at the time. Stranded behind enemy lines, Thyxius would surely have died if not for a chance encounter with a mysterious, beautiful woman whose skill with a bow Thyxius has not seen anyone rival since. He returned home to his father in tears with her help, and ever since then has devoted himself to learning what he can of both his parent's skills to honor their legacies as part of the crusades. Only having recently become an adult and completed his training, Thyxius has opted to apply what remains of his mother's magical research to the field of bottled wizardy, alchemy. He hopes to one day discover a way to distill the most advanced magics into their physical forms as the ultimate tribute to his mother's accomplishments, despite the fact that this is a feat that has eluded every alchemist in history of Golarion. He remains confident that the answers to the reality bending and unnatural processes required for such a feat can be found at the Worldwound if they exist at all.
While clearly physically a descendant of his father's fiendish heritage, Thyxius more resembles his mother. He inherited her relatively weak and slight frame and parts of her visually pleasing face. Alongside his fiendish manifestations, including a broad tail that tapers to a fine, whip-like point and a pair of upright draconic horns, he has a mixture of facial features and affectations equally suited to striking terror as to charming onlookers. His skin more closely resembles the red flames of the lower planes seen in his father's own skin, but some peachiness has mixed its way in from his human heritage, dulling that intense scarlet to a dusky rose color instead.
Thyxius possesses a brilliant mind that some have said is squandered on the "lesser" magical art of alchemy and ruined by his relatively late initiation into arcane study. These critics do not understand that his delinquency as a child was mostly due to the feeling of not being challenged by the more traditional schools of arcane might. Alchemy is as important a challenge in his mind as the demons he helps fend off on the battlefield. He seems to have inherited his mother's penchant for rash, overdramatic decisions, but he has applied his vast intelligence after enough near-death fiascoes to leave strategic decisions to those with greater wisdom or intuition than himself. Despite his poor decision making, Thyxius is usually considered a competent conversationalist, and he tries to keep himself and his companions in good humor and spirits as much as is appropriate.

Wealth: [roll0] x 10 = 120 gp

Edit: In light of some of the other character's decisions and the implementing of the Background Skills system, I updated my sheet a bit. I now have a rank of Linguistics and Heal, as well as the Precise Treatment trait to add my Intelligence to Heal checks instead of Wisdom. I also added some more personal details.

JWallyR
2015-09-17, 09:07 PM
Here goes nothin'?

[roll0]

Edit: Ick. Speak 2 extraplanar languages? I mean, given 2 tieflings and 1 Aasimar (Darkvision) it sounds like having another charge of Darkness for the group to spring on unsuspecting enemies would be way more useful than a low-charisma character being able to talk to more extraplanar things. I think I'll stick with the Darkness.

Amazo
2015-09-17, 11:50 PM
Here goes nothin'?

[roll0]

Edit: Ick. Speak 2 extraplanar languages? I mean, given 2 tieflings and 1 Aasimar (Darkvision) it sounds like having another charge of Darkness for the group to spring on unsuspecting enemies would be way more useful than a low-charisma character being able to talk to more extraplanar things. I think I'll stick with the Darkness.
If you're going by the feat text, you get to roll 3 times and choose the most favorable result.

Untarr
2015-09-18, 04:52 AM
[roll0] For the Gold

JWallyR
2015-09-18, 11:29 AM
If you're going by the feat text, you get to roll 3 times and choose the most favorable result.

Well, per the hangout chat, DM was gonna let me roll once and contemplate giving up the SLA for whatever it was. I *could* also take the feat, but I don't think I care that much. Darkness is good with 3 Darkvision charactders in the party anyway. :D

JWallyR
2015-09-19, 01:03 PM
Two more d%s:

[roll0]
[roll1]

DarkOne-Rob
2015-09-19, 03:54 PM
Alright, I still need gear (and fluff), but Filburn Crow (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=564423) is otherwise mechanically complete.

The intention is to be a very martially-oriented support character. As an Arcane Duelist Bard I lack most of the skill-oriented features of the class. In exchange I get some martial feats and other adjusted class features.

If I understand the logic of the campaign traits, I am headed to the Archmage Mythic path...? I don't actually see that being Filburn's likeliest path at all, but I suppose we can see where things go.

While I have training in Bluff, Intimidate, and Sense Motive, those are all intended to be used in combat-related contexts only. My Charisma will be only 12 at first, so I am not planning to be the party face.

JWallyR
2015-09-19, 06:27 PM
Name, gear, fluff, and non-campaign traights TBD but the broad sketches should be complete: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=562872

Thoughts appreciated!

Amazo
2015-09-20, 03:55 AM
Name, gear, fluff, and non-campaign traights TBD but the broad sketches should be complete: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=562872

Thoughts appreciated!

As far as I knew, you needed the Dervish Dance feat to be able to use Dexterity for melee attack rolls with a scimitar, since it's a one-handed weapon.

MuffinMan
2015-09-20, 10:20 AM
As far as I knew, you needed the Dervish Dance feat to be able to use Dexterity for melee attack rolls with a scimitar, since it's a one-handed weapon.

I believe FarmerBink is houseruling that Finesse can apply to scimitars without the feat (since feat taxes are lame).

Also, rolling for $$$: max([roll0] x 10, 140) = 140

@JWallyR, I would suggest having a higher CON score since you're going to be a frontliner - 12 is ok, 14 would be better. AoEs like Fireball, etc don't care how high your AC is, so HP is still important!

JWallyR
2015-09-20, 02:16 PM
I guess if I were to dump Str 1 mod's worth I could get another mod's worth of Con? Going Kensai makes an awful lot of stuff dependent on Int and Dex, and having less than where I am on either of those is dicey. I've been trying not to really and truly dump Cha, even though I 1) never plan to invest in things (other than UMD for just-in-case and having lots of skill points to spread around) that use Cha 2) I don't expect it to matter.

Guess it feels a little exploit-y.

Regardless, rolling for monies: [roll0] x10 or 140, whichever is better

Edit: P.S. MuffinMan is correct. Dervish Dance requires Weapon Finesse, although Weapon Finesse doesn't apply to Scimitars, which are the *only* kind of weapon to which Dervish Dance applies. AKA RAW, it's a pure feat tax with no benefit unless you use some other weapon until you get a second feat, and then dump the original weapon. Grabbing Slashing Grace instead of Dervish Dance, since it doesn't require 2 ranks in Perform (Dance), which made sense for my other magus but not for this one.

Farmerbink
2015-09-20, 09:32 PM
OK. For the sake of fair warning, these are the coming upgrades to your campaign traits.

Chance Encounter (Trickster): The PC gains a +2
trait bonus on Ref lex saves. By expending one use of
mythic power, the PC can take 20 on an Acrobatics, Bluff,
Disguise, Sleight of Hand, or Stealth check without an
increase in the time required to make the check. The
mysterious woman the PC encountered was in fact -mysterious woman-. This
PC will have a special bond with -spoilers, yo!-

Child of the Crusades (Marshal): The PC gains a +2
trait bonus on Will saves. Whenever he successfully
saves against a mind-affecting effect from a demon,
as an immediate action the PC can expend one use of
mythic power to cause the demon to become staggered
for a number of rounds equal to the PC’s mythic tier.
The demon can reduce this effect to 1 round by making
a successful Will save (DC = 10 + the PCs’ mythic tier +
the PC’s Charisma modifier). The PC will learn about -spoilers, yo!-

Exposed to Awfulness (Guardian): The PC gains +3 hit
points per level. When she is reduced to negative hit points
by an attack or effect from a demon, as an immediate action
the PC can expend one use of mythic power to heal damage
equal to 2d6 + twice her mythic tier. This healing occurs
after the damage is done—if the damage is enough to kill
the PC, she cannot activate this ability. The PC will discover
the reason -spoilers, yo!-

Riftwarden Orphan (Archmage): The PC gains a +4
trait bonus on caster level checks to penetrate a demon’s
spell resistance. Once per day, he can recharge a charged
magic item by expending one use of mythic power. Doing
so adds a number of charges equal to 1d10 + his mythic
tier to the item, up to its normal maximum number
of charges. The PC will learn -spoilers, yo!-

Stolen Fury (Champion): The PC gains a +2 trait bonus
on Fortitude saves. By expending one use of mythic
power as a swift action, she can ignore a single demon’s
damage reduction for 1 minute, and increases the critical
multiplier of any weapon she wields against that demon
by 1. The PC will learn the true purpose of -spoilers, yo!-

Touched by Divinity (Hierophant): The PC can select a
second domain granted by his affiliated deity. He can use
the 1st-level spells of both domains as spell-like abilities
a number of times per day each equal to his mythic tier.
By expending one use of mythic power, he may use any
of these two domains’ spells as a spell-like ability, but
may only use spells of a level equal to or less than his
mythic tier. The PC will discover that he is -spoilers, yo!-

Please take the decision of which trait you've chosen and which mythic path you chose to pursue very seriously. As is implied by the last sentence of each campaign trait entry, the significance of these traits only increases as the campaign develops. If you're not sure about the trait or the mythic path, please talk to me. We can make some adjustments so that it will fit well, if it's necessary.

JWallyR
2015-09-21, 01:54 PM
Obviously, those all sound pretty awesome. Also probably obviously, my magus only has particular interest in either the Archmage or the Champion bonuses. Less obvious (to me, anyway) would be which of those sound more useful for a magus fighting demons. An increase on the crit multiplier could be a big damage bonus when using magus spells to boost damage, but I don't really know how spell resistance works, or if that's what demons typically have (as referenced in the description of demons provided as an example in the player's guide). I'm hesitant to go research types of "common" demons in order to form an informed opinion because spoilers, yo.

Anybody have a suggestion?

DarkOne-Rob
2015-09-21, 02:11 PM
Riftwarden Orphan (Archmage): The PC gains a +4
of charges. The PC will learn -spoilers, yo!-

Stolen Fury (Champion): The PC gains a +2 trait bonus
by 1. The PC will learn the true purpose of -spoilers, yo!-
So...I want the fluff for the Riftwarden Orphan trait, but the Champion Mythic Path. I wouldn't mind the mechanics of the Stolen Fury (eventually), but I don't mind the mechanics of the Riftwarden Orphan. Is there a reason to tie the Mythic Path to the trait? And what is this I hear about having a mix of two mythic paths?

Untarr
2015-09-21, 03:36 PM
There is a mythic feat called Dual Path. It lets you take path abilities from two different paths. So, I'm taking it so I can go down the Marshal Path, but have access to the abilities of Champion.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-feats/dual-path-mythic

Farmerbink
2015-09-21, 04:38 PM
So...I want the fluff for the Riftwarden Orphan trait, but the Champion Mythic Path. I wouldn't mind the mechanics of the Stolen Fury (eventually), but I don't mind the mechanics of the Riftwarden Orphan. Is there a reason to tie the Mythic Path to the trait? And what is this I hear about having a mix of two mythic paths?

I don't know why the traits are tied to the mythic paths, frankly. I'm... torn regarding a decision to change that, however. I will tentatively allow the separation of campaign traits from the mythic path they reference.

However, I do want to stress the part about each campaign trait either being unique or doing what the player's guide suggests if any two of you really want the same trait.

DarkOne-Rob
2015-09-21, 11:54 PM
I will do more reading on the Mythic Paths, Mythic rules, and such as the games develops. To my knowledge no one else has expressed interest in the Riftwarden Orphan trait, so I will stick with it given the allowance to take a different Mythic Path.

DarkOne-Rob
2015-09-25, 12:42 PM
Fortitude save as requested - [roll0]

Untarr
2015-09-25, 12:45 PM
[roll0] Fortitude Save.

Amazo
2015-09-25, 03:23 PM
Saves are definitely my strong suit. :smallsigh:

[roll0]

Farmerbink
2015-09-25, 05:05 PM
Waylan: (1d20+2)[13]
Morevek: (1d20+3)[19]

[roll0]

JWallyR
2015-09-29, 12:31 PM
FWIW, Morevek has a point in Knowledge (Dungeoneering). So just in case it matters for some reason: [roll0]

Untarr
2015-09-29, 07:08 PM
[roll0]
1 is SE
2 is NE

JWallyR
2015-09-30, 11:45 PM
So... who took which scale? which one is left over for Morevek? >_> Grace and Retribution are the only ones that look particularly valuable to him, and John called dibs on Grace?

Edit 1: So... protection? I guess at least Morevek has lots of Agi for ranged attacks with absorbed damage? Meh.

Edit 2: So are we not in combat with the spider? What else would we be waiting on? Not sure there's something for non-wordy Morevek to say/do just yet.

Amazo
2015-10-01, 05:02 AM
At the risk of sounding self-important, maybe we're waiting for the party Pokedex to give a reading. If that's the case, here's a Perception check to examine the spider for identifying marks ([roll0]) and a Knowledge (nature or dungeoneering) check (I have the same modifier for both but am unsure which applies here) ([roll]1d20+9[/roll|)!

Amazo
2015-10-01, 05:05 AM
Let's try that knowledge check for real.

[roll0]

Untarr
2015-10-02, 05:12 AM
[roll0] Initiative so I can make decisions.

JWallyR
2015-10-07, 02:17 PM
Derp. Never rolled Initiative. Here you go: [roll0]

Untarr
2015-10-09, 05:09 AM
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10][roll11][roll12][roll13][roll14][roll15][roll16][roll17][roll18][roll19][roll20][roll21][roll22][roll23][roll24][roll25][roll26][roll27][roll28][roll29][roll30][roll31][roll32][roll33][roll34][roll35]

Still curious.

Gwynfrid
2015-10-09, 08:58 AM
If you want to test how good the random number generator in the die roller is, I think you're going to need a lot more rolls.

JWallyR
2015-10-11, 11:24 PM
A knowledge check for Morevek: [roll0]
Arcana, Dungeoneering, or Planes are at +8
History is +5
All else is untrained at +4

Edit: This is with respect to recalling information about the cave viper, such as special attacks, defenses or weak points.

Amazo
2015-10-16, 09:15 AM
I guess you needed my relevant stats for the watch.

Perception: +4 and if you need a roll [roll0]
Darkvision 60 ft.

JWallyR
2015-10-16, 04:37 PM
Ditto in case a roll is desired:

Perception: [roll0]
Darkvision 60, yada yada

JWallyR
2015-10-20, 10:08 AM
Dungeoneering roll vs DC 12: [roll0]

Amazo
2015-10-23, 01:35 PM
Forgot my initiative check!

[roll0]

Gwynfrid
2015-10-24, 01:23 PM
All right, rolling for gold. [roll0] - neat, 100gp then.

Untarr
2015-10-25, 10:26 AM
[roll0]

Diplomacy

JWallyR
2015-11-03, 04:18 PM
Morevek's initiative for the upcoming festivities: [roll0]

Amazo
2015-11-03, 05:20 PM
Morevek's initiative for the upcoming festivities: [roll0]

Here's mine too.

[roll0]

Untarr
2015-11-03, 08:45 PM
[roll0]

Rolling initiatives to make choices

DarkOne-Rob
2015-11-04, 04:09 AM
Initiative [roll0] for the win.

Untarr
2015-11-04, 06:22 PM
[roll0] Fortitudee Save

Amazo
2015-11-04, 06:59 PM
Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]

Amazo
2015-11-04, 07:01 PM
Monster Identification Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]

Untarr
2015-11-05, 05:34 AM
[roll0] Also rolling for RP purposes.

Untarr
2015-11-09, 06:12 AM
[roll0] Knowledge Local

Farmerbink
2015-11-20, 02:52 PM
I forgot to add this in the last post:

1) By Torag's inspiration, Thyxius gains a permanent rank in linguistics, and knowledge of the Dwarven language.

2) The food mystically replenishes when one of the following two conditions are met: No one is inside the bunkhouse, or everyone inside the bunkhouse is asleep (even for just a few minutes).

Amazo
2015-11-20, 04:24 PM
I forgot to add this in the last post:

1) By Torag's inspiration, Thyxius gains a permanent rank in linguistics, and knowledge of the Dwarven language.

2) The food mystically replenishes when one of the following two conditions are met: No one is inside the bunkhouse, or everyone inside the bunkhouse is asleep (even for just a few minutes).

Duly noted. Also, sweet.

Untarr
2015-11-22, 10:17 PM
Initiative ]1d20+3

Untarr
2015-11-22, 10:18 PM
Initiative [roll0] rollin

Amazo
2015-11-24, 01:25 PM
Messed up my initiative roll...
[roll0]

JWallyR
2015-11-24, 11:42 PM
Initiative: [roll0] And filler just in case...

MuffinMan
2015-12-09, 10:36 PM
The flubbed Channel Positive Energy roll for Round 2: [roll0] :smallsigh:

Amazo
2015-12-10, 01:20 PM
The flubbed Channel Positive Energy roll for Round 2: [roll0] :smallsigh:

Apparently Robrolling also applies to any rolls trying to help Rob too.

Farmerbink
2015-12-11, 11:27 AM
It wouldn't be particularly impressive bad luck if it weren't so blasted capable.

Farmerbink
2015-12-17, 09:36 AM
Dang. That's a doozie.

I think you'll still handle him, but it won't be the delicious XP shake you expected.

[roll0] rounds unconscious, Aurora
[roll1] rounds unconscious, Morevek

[roll2] rounds blinded, Aurora
[roll3] rounds blinded, Morevek

+1 round stunned

Amazo
2015-12-26, 07:27 PM
In light of a discovery about my own class (:smalltongue:), I now have to roll for healing!

[roll0]

Edit: My string of mostly non-Rob rolls persists! I roll the opposite as a player as I do as a DM!

DarkOne-Rob
2015-12-30, 10:47 PM
Just a reminder - I will be AFK for essentially three months starting this coming Sunday morning. Officer Candidate School is essentially Basic Training for Commissioned Officers, and they don't give us time to play forum campaigns.

If the preference is to "bot" my PC, I totally understand. Alternatively, feel free to write him out as necessary.

Farmerbink
2015-12-31, 01:04 AM
For everyone's info, I plan to bot him until at least the first "safe" place, where we will meet Gwynfrid. It may be easiest from there to bench him for the interim, and write him back in later.

Amazo
2016-01-04, 10:21 AM
Turns out I actually needed Linguistics. Thanks for the background skills that actually let me take a rank of that!

[roll0]

Amazo
2016-01-07, 12:12 PM
Apparently the forum dice roller doesn't like me mixing to sizes of dice.

[roll0]; [roll1]

Edit: 28 total. Sweetness.

Gwynfrid
2016-01-12, 11:41 AM
It is my pleasure and privilege to introduce my new character, Elrembriel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=586193).

Elrembriel is a short, slender elf, with long, free-flowing hair of a nearly translucent white, very light blue eyes and fair skin with a hint of a golden hue. Her delicate facial features and slim elf ears would be considered very beautiful by some, but they are unfortunately marred with a frightful scar on her right cheek, looking like burned flesh, but with very sharply defined lines in the shape of a demonic claw.

While old in non-elf years, Elrembriel hasn't reached adulthood, and for the most part her experience of the world is that of a spectator. She also has never interacted with humans, or most of the non-elf races before; or, for that matter, with males. That makes her very shy and awkward. She isn't naďve, however: On the contrary, her experience has rendered her wary, if not quite paranoid. The world as she had observed it in the crystal ball turned out to be very dangerous after all, and the one person she thought to count on betrayed her in the most awful way. Her thoughts wander between desperately craving for friendship and wanting to disappear from the world and go hide alone in any remote, safe place. She doesn't have any plans for her life, but she knows two things: she's at heart a good person and would never follow her mother's path; and demons are unnatural, disgusting, cruel beings that have no place on the surface of Golarion.

Elrembriel never knew her father. She grew up in an isolated wizard's tower, high in the Kodar Mountains - her mother's home. Tanieal never revealed to her daughter what had driven her from the beauty of her ancestral home in Kyonin, but from her mother's demeanor, the young girl think it more likely it was to escape the limitations elven society was placing on her thirst for arcane power. For power is and always was the primary driver of Tanieal's thoughts and actions. She did, nevertheless, have room in her heart for her little girl, and growing up Elrembriel never wanted for attention and love from her. Her mother was keen on her education, which she wanted, naturally, to involve mastery of the arcane arts. Elrembriel proved an able, if not overly eager student. Her mother was slightly disappointed that she didn't share her own passion for conjuring and binding powerful creatures from beyond, instead showing great talent in the field of divination and foresight. In truth, early on Elrembriel was slightly put off by the nature of some of the beasts Tanieal was showing her how to summon and control. She always argued that all the fiendish and loathsome things she was calling to serve her were no more than tools, evil used to combat evil, or just a way to learn about the things that lurk in the outside planes of reality. But still, demonic creatures frightened the young elf girl, and while she became competent in summoning, she would always prefer to learn about other things, such as what her natural curiosity would fancy: Left alone in the tower when her mother went away on her own errands, she toyed with many strange devices, teaching herself to gain control over them. She also befriended an animal, who had wandered through a window one night when she was just forty years old: A remarkably intelligent owl, who became her best friend. She named him Sruech'ul, or ""evening harmony"" in the Celestial tongue.

Tanieal also made sure her daughter wasn't completely isolated from the world even as she spent her early decades in a tower with only magical servants. Over the course of about fifty years, she used her great crystal ball to show Elrembriel a great deal of Golarion, from the great natural wonders all the way down to the life of common people. This allowed Elrembriel to see, hear and discover, although she never enjoyed true connection and friendship with actual people. As a result, she turned into something of a dreamy girl, imagining what her life could be outside of the tower - especially when she became able to use the crystal ball on her own to explore by herself.

This secluded life ended when Tanieal, for reasons she refused to give her daughter, decided to leave her tower and visit the Worldwound, of all places. She remained vague as to her motivations, only mentioning that she had found allies from whom she was hoping to learn much. They ended up in Drezen, a city populated primarily by demons and evil, deformed beasts. Nothing in her life had prepared Elrembriel for the horrible experience of the few weeks she spent there. She was protected by her mother's powerful magic, but the perversion and violence she witnessed threatened to break her mind and throw her into madness. She kept begging Tanieal to leave this horrible place, but her mother scolded her, each time less patiently than the last - and, looking at her frenzied eyes, she started to worry that Tanieal may have been going mad.

This all came to a head when, one night, she had a terrible nightmare: She was lying down, paralyzed and powerless as her own mother delivered her to the clutches of an eight-armed, twisted female monster! The demon stroke her cheek, slowly, with a burning claw - that's when she woke up in pain and terror. Looking at a mirror, she saw a dark mark on her face, that wouldn't go away, and still throbbed painfully. She understood with atrocious clarity that her vision represented a glimpse of her near future. Unable to accept such a soul-destroying reality, she got up and ran towards her mother's room. From behind the door, she heard her talking to somebody. She had loathed learning the horrid language of the Abyss, but the unpleasant work paid off on that occasion. The conversation was between Tanieal and one of her more frequently summoned allies: Indeed, her crazed mother was preparing to sacrifice her own daughter to some lord of the demons, in exchange for a trove of magical secrets. The gods must have been smiling on Elrembriel that night, because, when she flew away in terror, she somehow managed to escape the demons' notice and flee their city on foot, unharmed.

The terrified elf girl ran to the east, guided by the stars. When the day came, she found her sojourn among the denizens of the Abyss had changed her: She was able to see better at night, but when the sun came up, she found its light harmful to her shadow-accustomed eyes. That was both a boon and a curse, but she didn't care - she simply moved forward, prodded by some survival instinct working against her despair and pain. She trekked across the land, managing to find sustenance on the way thanks to her memories of watching forest people forage in the wilderness. After several weeks eking out a survival, she ended up in a human city: Kenabres.

Her return in the land of humanity didn't begin well. Like all refugees from the Worldwound, she was first and foremost a suspect, kept in jail for weeks to undergo strict scrutiny, as people feared she'd be a demon in disguise. The ugly charred mark on her right cheek, looking like a burn in the strange shape of a claw, didn't do her any favors either when interrogators believed it to be some sort of unholy symbol.
Finally, after two months of endless questions and divinations, she was let go. As she went out, it was evening, and for the first time since she had left home, her spirits were lifted: Sruech'ul, whom she had reluctantly left behind in Tanieal's tower months earlier, had crossed the great distance and come to join her.

Finding herself alone and penniless, among crowds of people for the first time in her life - few of which showing any sympathy towards her - she mostly wanted to hide. She wandered in the city, ending up in an abandoned house that seemed to her as good a refuge as any. Over the next few days, she survived by having Sruech'ul steal food for her. Out of boredom, she explored the house thoroughly, relying on Sruech'ul's keen senses and her own divination and detection powers. As luck would have it, she would a hidden passage in the cellar, leading to a steep underground tunnel. Stranded in a city that didn't want her, with all her bonds to her normal world painfully severed, she decided to go down in search of... she didn't exactly know what, but something else than this non-life.

After several days of exploring, sometimes fighting vermin, fleeing wandering undead and other monsters, she began to starve, unable to find enough food to sustain herself. Exhausted, she collapsed on the ground. She fell into a semi-delirious sleep, and in all likelihood this should have been the end of her story.

She woke up, however, and when she did, she found herself tended to by somebody unlike any creature she knew of. Her savior had the appearance of a woman, except for a sharp beak in place of a mouth and long brown feathers passing for hair. Her name was Trondaal, and over the next few days she brought Elrembriel back to health. The young elf now found herself a refugee, accepted in a community of strange people living in the underworld. These were mongrelmen, beings with misshapen bodies and a deep-seated fear of strangers - both traits eerily similar to her own situation, and this created a bond between them, as outcasts rejected by the world of humanity.

Over the next three months, Elrembriel developed friendships with Trondaal as well as other mongrelfolk, and started to pull her own weight by putting her arcane powers and alchemical talent to good communal use. It seemed she had found a new life, and started to get used to the idea of settling down here for a very long time.

Amazo
2016-01-24, 10:05 AM
Gotta roll me some initiative: [roll0]

Apparently I have some rather speedy indecision.

Gwynfrid
2016-01-25, 11:08 PM
On DM's request, acid-dropping owl here:
Ranged touch [roll0] damage [roll1] and 1 splash within 5 feet.

Gwynfrid
2016-01-26, 12:04 PM
Elrembriel:
Foresight [roll0] - If that roll is 6 or better, I'll use it.
Otherwise, Climb [roll1]

JWallyR
2016-02-02, 12:59 PM
Rolls! Yay!

Spellcraft: [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]

Here's hoping?

Gwynfrid
2016-02-02, 01:04 PM
In case help is needed with Spellcraft:

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: well, duh.

Amazo
2016-02-03, 09:06 PM
Here's another Knowledge (religion) check for Baphomet lore: [roll0] plus [roll1] for a total of 21.

Makes me wish I could use the roll from IDing the holy symbol...

Untarr
2016-02-05, 10:23 AM
Suggestion: Decapitate both corpses and carry the heads for identification. I'm not sure Aurora would think that up, but I'd like to give someone the opportunity to suggest it. Seems like a good happy medium between "leave them!" and "drag 300 lbs of dead body with us"

Farmerbink
2016-02-23, 02:16 PM
[roll0] W init
[roll1] A init
[roll2] E init
[roll3] M init
[roll4] F init

[roll5] MM inits

Untarr
2016-03-12, 11:18 PM
[roll0] Initiative

Gwynfrid
2016-03-13, 07:51 AM
Initiative [roll0]

JWallyR
2016-03-13, 11:28 PM
I guess I owe one of these as well:

Initiative: [roll0]

Gwynfrid
2016-03-15, 10:09 PM
Botched roll, Perception [roll0]

Untarr
2016-03-16, 10:10 AM
[roll0] Lay On Hands

Untarr
2016-04-01, 08:23 AM
Crit Confirm [roll0]

Crit Damage [roll1]

Untarr
2016-04-01, 08:40 AM
[roll0] Lay On Hands

JWallyR
2016-04-02, 10:54 PM
Morevek Spellcraft: [roll0]

Gwynfrid
2016-04-04, 10:54 PM
Free action: Prescience [roll0] - good, I'll keep that :smallsmile:

Untarr
2016-04-06, 04:38 AM
On a side note, I will calm down my visuals.

Was a little much. :biggrin:

MuffinMan
2016-04-08, 05:56 AM
Botched channel positive energy roll: 2 usages for [roll0] HP healed

Untarr
2016-04-12, 08:44 AM
[roll0] Rollin' for the stuffs

MuffinMan
2016-04-12, 07:53 PM
Waylan's Knowledge: Religion to know the significance of Radiance: [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2016-04-19, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone! I am going to level up Filburn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=564423) and try to be ready when the party and he rejoin each other shortly. Please feel free to help me check over the work and confirm that I have him done properly.

Of note is that he is an Arcane Duelist Bard, so many of the skill-oriented things are gone. I originally intended him to be in the front lines as a melee combatant with magic for support. If needed I can spend a couple of skill points in some Knowledge skills or in Disable Device.

HPs - Average +1 (11 from first level, +5 for HD, +2 for Con, +1 for Favored Class = 19 total)

Farmerbink
2016-04-19, 07:52 PM
Re sense motive: you don't get the impression that the mongrel would be capable of deceit in his current state. Certainly, his hatred for Hosilla was genuine, as seems his concern for his brethren.

Untarr
2016-05-16, 07:53 AM
[roll0] CC
[roll1] Crit Damage

Untarr
2016-05-16, 07:57 AM
[roll0] Knowledge : Planes (If previous roll of 15 doesn't apply)

DarkOne-Rob
2016-05-16, 07:03 PM
Oops, I forgot to roll a save - Fortitude [roll0] or Nauseated for [roll1] rounds

Concealment [roll2]

Edit: it looks like everything is alright, no post-editing necessary.

MuffinMan
2016-05-16, 08:34 PM
Waylan's Fort save vs stinking cloud: [roll0] vs DC 13 or else nauseated while in cloud and for [roll1] rounds after

Untarr
2016-05-17, 08:50 AM
[roll0] Fort vs 13

JWallyR
2016-05-18, 09:58 PM
Morevek's fort save vs DC 13: [roll0] else nauseated [roll1] rounds.

Untarr
2016-05-21, 08:00 AM
[roll0] vs DC 13 Fort

Gwynfrid
2016-06-14, 11:00 PM
Round 1 attack, crit confirmation [roll0] extra damage [roll1]

DarkOne-Rob
2016-06-26, 09:47 PM
AoO as directed - MW Cold Iron Falcata w/Arcane Strike active [roll0] attack, [roll1] (19-20/x3), [roll2] magic damage, +[roll3] critical strike damage

Untarr
2016-06-28, 07:13 AM
[roll0] Crit Confirm
[roll1] Crit Damage

Gwynfrid
2016-07-04, 06:08 PM
Spellcraft [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

DarkOne-Rob
2016-07-08, 08:18 PM
To facilitate us healing everyone and starting the day fully prepared, let's post our PC's HP totals here and determine how we want to get those adjusted.

Filburn is at 16/33 HPs. I have Cure Light Wounds as a spell known and four available castings today. As a party we have some Channels, LoHs, and others who can cast cure spells too. Let's plan on using the Channels out of combat (now?) and save the spells for later if possible. LoH should be reserved for Aurora to keep herself up during combat, since she can use it on herself as a swift action.

Anyone else got thoughts?

Gwynfrid
2016-07-08, 08:40 PM
Elrembriel is at 9/21. I agree with your suggestions.

Farmerbink
2016-07-08, 09:17 PM
Don't worry about that.

Untarr
2016-07-09, 06:34 AM
26/39 Also agree

[roll]1d20+7[roll] Knowledge Religion to know what that plate is???

Untarr
2016-07-09, 06:36 AM
[roll0]

Knowledge Religion Take 2

Farmerbink
2016-07-09, 07:00 AM
Everyone is healed to full.
My name is [redacted], and I approve this message.

MuffinMan
2016-07-09, 08:40 AM
In the pouch, a trio of potions bear labels indicating them as cure moderate wounds draughts.

I think Elrembriel and/or Morevek should hold the potions, since they're the only ones without in-class healing abilities.

Farmerbink
2016-07-28, 09:00 PM
Aurora's attack, includes smite evil:
[roll0] attack
[roll1] CC (30+, x2)
[roll2] damage
[roll3] crit bonus

Morevek's attack, includes flanking bonus and arcane point +1
[roll4] attack
[roll5] CC (28+, x2)
[roll6] damage
[roll7] crit bonus

Farmerbink
2016-07-28, 09:14 PM
once more, with feeling: (AoO on not-smited one)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Gwynfrid
2016-07-29, 06:39 AM
If the elemental gets to attack, then it's critical threat.

Confirmation [roll0] (add +3 if he wears metal armor of has a metal weapon) extra damage [roll1] + [roll2] electricity (I'm not sure the electricity part is added to the critical damage)

Farmerbink
2016-08-03, 05:20 PM
I failed to address the searching.

Five of the cultists were this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-0/superstitious-mercenary-human-fighter-1), possessing equipment as such (minus 1 potion, and all "holy" items being unholy).

The sixth was one of those, only advanced. His equipment is identical, except the potion is moderate wounds, and his breastplate and longsword are both masterwork.

I don't imagine you can carry all of that, so let me know what you choose to bring with you.

DarkOne-Rob
2016-08-03, 05:54 PM
I don't imagine you can carry all of that, so let me know what you choose to bring with you.
Do you have any issue with Filburn and Morevek dumping all the valuable stuff into a makeshift litter of cloaks? Then someone else can carry them back to the resistance, who probably could use the equipment...

Gwynfrid
2016-08-13, 05:21 PM
Assuming we've taken some lightweight equipment from the cultists, is there any objection if Elrembriel takes 1 alchemist's fire and 1 cold iron dagger?

Farmerbink
2016-08-13, 09:23 PM
There's plenty to go around. Go for it.

JWallyR
2016-08-14, 08:44 PM
Ooh. I'll grab a couple? :D

Farmerbink
2016-08-15, 07:45 AM
As long as you keep it below 6 between the two of you.

JWallyR
2016-08-15, 09:26 AM
3 and 3, G? :D

Gwynfrid
2016-08-15, 09:39 AM
3 and 3, G? :D

Too heavy for me :smallamused:
I'll stick to 1. As it stands, I need to leave some stuff behind at Defender's Heart, just not to be under a medium load.

JWallyR
2016-08-15, 10:12 AM
Yikes. At 1 pound apiece? Fair enough.

Farmerbink
2016-08-16, 10:04 AM
Waylan init: [roll0]
Morevek init: [roll1]
Aurora init: [roll2]

Farmerbink
2016-08-16, 10:14 AM
Morevek's charge: [roll0] atk
[roll1] CC (27+)
[roll2] dmg
[roll3] crit bonus

MuffinMan
2016-08-24, 08:43 AM
Waylan's Knowledge: Nature about the strange worms: [roll0] vs DC 15

Farmerbink
2016-08-26, 04:16 PM
There does not appear to be a consensus among the party yet, so action is still on you all.

The demonic thugs continue to ransack the carts, as the perception DC to hear your conversation from this distance would be like 36.

DarkOne-Rob
2016-08-26, 07:29 PM
We are also conversing using the Message spell again.

Farmerbink
2016-08-27, 09:07 PM
That's why the DC is so high. A spoken conversation at this distance would be like DC 15- the message spell starts it at 25.

Farmerbink
2016-09-03, 01:07 PM
Initiative:

Filburn 23
Waylan/Morevek 18 (higher modifier)
baddies 18

[roll0] Aurora
[roll1] Elrembriel

Edit: well, that simplifies things. Everyone who hasn't already posted a full round of action, please do so.

Also, I'm going to have the NPCs act on your turn. Please feel free to post suggestions for their actions, in-character.

JWallyR
2016-09-05, 10:53 AM
Per discussion elsewhere, I'm taking advantage of the option to have cast Ray of Frost in the prior round, having edited my previous combat post to suit.

Attack: [roll0]
CC: [roll1] for x2 on 27
Damage: [roll2]
Crit damage: [roll3]

MuffinMan
2016-09-07, 08:34 AM
Waylan's Will save vs the Cause Fear effect at the top of round 2: [roll0] (+1 from Bless (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/spells/bless.html#bless)) vs DC 13

Gwynfrid
2016-09-07, 08:38 AM
Elrembriel's Knowledge(Planes) [roll0]

Untarr
2016-09-07, 10:31 AM
People within 10 ft of Aurora get +4 vs fear. Aura of Courage yo.

Untarr
2016-09-07, 10:38 AM
[roll0] Knowledge

MuffinMan
2016-09-10, 10:32 AM
Arrow Tracking: Waylan has fired 4 shots between Defender's Heart and the start of the current battle. Rolling to see which can be recovered (>= 51):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
2 recovered, so Waylan starts the battle against the two demons with 18/20 cold iron arrows (and has fired 4 as of round 3).

Gwynfrid
2016-09-10, 10:18 PM
Guys, I think we have been seriously under-using the loot we found, because we didn't take enough time to count it and split the spoils.

So I took the liberty to build this table of all the loot I could find (thanks to the search engine). Let me know if I'm missing something. Also, are there things that were claimed that I should mark as such?

Once that's done I intent to claim several baubles...

ItemQuantityValueProceedsIdentified?FoundOwner
Pearl of Power level 111000yBlackwingWaylan
Pearl of Power level 111000yBlackwingElrembriel
Spellbook (alarm, alter self, cat's grace, dismissal, dispel magic, magic circle against chaos, resist energy, spider climb, versatile weapon)1yBlackwingElrembriel
Scroll of Dimensional Lock1nBlackwing?
Scroll of Invisibility1yBlackwing?
Potions - Cure Moderate Wounds2yBlackwing?
Composite Longbow +1 (+1 Str)1yBlackwingWaylan
Banded mail1yBlackwing?
Falcata +11yBlackwing?
Light steel shield +11yBlackwing?
Alchemist fire6yCultistsElrembriel (1x)
Cold iron dagger6yCultistsElrembriel (1x)
Breastplate5yCultists?
Longsword5yCultists?
Heavy crossbow, 20 bolts6yCultists?
Masterwork breastplate1yCultists?
Masterwork longsword1yCultists?
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds1yCultists?
Wand of Magic Missile - 7 ch1yAneiva's and Irabeth'sElrembriel
Potion of Invisibility1yAneiva's and Irabeth's?
Ranseur of the Gargoyle (IC post #675)1yAneiva's and Irabeth's?
Half-orc's brass ring (strong magic faded)1yAneiva's and Irabeth's?
Scroll of Death Knell1yHosilla?
Oil of Magic Weapon2yHosilla?
Potion of Invisibility1yHosilla?
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds1yHosilla?
Wand of Spiritual Weapon - 7 ch1yHosilla?
Alchemist's fire2yHosilla?
Antitoxin1yHosilla?
Masterwork dagger1yRenegade mongrelmen?
Masterwork longbow1yRenegade mongrelmen?
Masterwork chain shirt1yRenegade mongrelmen?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds2yRenegade mongrelmen?
Wand of Longstrider - 10 ch1yRenegade mongrelmen?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds2yFalse crusaders?
Scroll of Cause Fear1yFalse crusaders?
Gold1291yFalse crusaders?
Spellbook (Detect Secret Doors, Fog Cloud, Grease, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Shocking Grasp, Silent Image)1yMillorn?
Marble statuette175yMillorn?
Scroll of Resist Energy1yMillorn?
Masterwork dagger1yMillorn?
Cloak of resistance +11yMillorn?
Platinum810yMillorn?
Gold71yMillorn?

JWallyR
2016-09-10, 10:31 PM
Due to Morevek being limited to Scimitars and no armor, most things on the list are not useful to him. Scrolls and wands are not workable with Spell Combat, so until (and unless) I have him take Wand Wielder, that's not a strong starter either.

DarkOne-Rob
2016-09-11, 04:25 AM
Filburn took the +1 Falcata. I will look over everything again and select stuff as we discuss this more.

The Cloak of Resistance +1 would be valuable to anyone in the party. If Morevek doesn't have a cloak already and won't use the rest, he should take that, IMO. Otherwise we should give it to whichever PC has the lowest save modifiers.

MuffinMan
2016-09-11, 07:52 AM
Thanks for compiling this list, G! (In other games we've started a Google spreadsheet to track loot - should we do that here?)

Here's what Waylan has claimed:
- Pearl of Power lvl 1 (actually this could go to Elrembriel if you want, since wizards have fewer options w/o spells and she could always let Waylan borrow it if need be)
- +1 composite longbow (+1 str)
- wand of spiritual weapon (might as well, since it's on Waylan's spell list)
- masterwork longbow (this can now be sold or given to Aurora as a ranged option)
- scroll of resist energy
- alchemist's fire x2

IMO the cure potions should go Elrembriel and Morevek, since they lack in-class healing options.

I also thought the masterwork chain shirt went to Filburn. If not, Waylan can use it as a minor upgrade (2 less ACP).

DarkOne-Rob
2016-09-11, 12:00 PM
Filburn has a MW Chain Shirt already - no need for a second at this time.

Gwynfrid
2016-09-11, 01:50 PM
I updated the table with your inputs.

Filburn took the +1 Falcata. I will look over everything again and select stuff as we discuss this more.

The Cloak of Resistance +1 would be valuable to anyone in the party. If Morevek doesn't have a cloak already and won't use the rest, he should take that, IMO. Otherwise we should give it to whichever PC has the lowest save modifiers.

I agree. Elrembriel took a bunch of stuff, so I'm going to leave it to those less well served. Morevek, for instance, took no "active" items.

Thanks for compiling this list, G! (In other games we've started a Google spreadsheet to track loot - should we do that here?)

Here's what Waylan has claimed:
- Pearl of Power lvl 1 (actually this could go to Elrembriel if you want, since wizards have fewer options w/o spells and she could always let Waylan borrow it if need be)
- +1 composite longbow (+1 str)
- wand of spiritual weapon (might as well, since it's on Waylan's spell list)
- masterwork longbow (this can now be sold or given to Aurora as a ranged option)
- scroll of resist energy
- alchemist's fire x2

IMO the cure potions should go Elrembriel and Morevek, since they lack in-class healing options.

I also thought the masterwork chain shirt went to Filburn. If not, Waylan can use it as a minor upgrade (2 less ACP).

I prefer having everything related to the game in one place, ie. this forum unless you guys agree otherwise. So I'm going to ask John to copy this in the 1st OOC post.

I split the cure potions per your advice. For the Pearl of Power, thanks, but I think I got a lot of things already. Keep it for now. If I run out of spells too often, I'll ask you for it.

Filburn has a MW Chain Shirt already - no need for a second at this time.

OK, I put it in Waylan's column then.

In other news, I claimed the wand of Longstrider. I looked the UMD rule up, and it turns out I can use it with a good chance of success, since it's possible to retry with no penalty for failure (other than losing the opportunity if a 1 is rolled). Having 33% more speed is always a good idea.

Here's the table please send me your remarks. (Edited to add oil of magic weapon and cloak of resistance for Morevek)

ItemQuantityValue(unit)ProceedsIdentified?FoundOwn er
Pearl of Power level 111000yBlackwingWaylan
Pearl of Power level 111000yBlackwingElrembriel
Spellbook (alarm, alter self, cat's grace, dismissal, dispel magic, magic circle against chaos, resist energy, spider climb, versatile weapon)1yBlackwingElrembriel
Scroll of Dimensional Lock13000nBlackwingElrembriel
Scroll of Invisibility1150yBlackwingElrembriel
Potions - Cure Moderate Wounds2150yBlackwingElrembriel
Composite Longbow +1 (+1 Str)12500yBlackwingWaylan
Banded mail1250yBlackwing?
Falcata +112318yBlackwingFilburn
Light steel shield +111159yBlackwing?
Alchemist fire120yCultistsElrembriel
Alchemist fire220yCultistsWaylan
Alchemist fire320yCultists?
Cold iron dagger14yCultistsElrembriel
Cold iron dagger54yCultists
Breastplate5200yCultists?
Longsword515yCultists?
Heavy crossbow, 20 bolts6yCultists?
Masterwork breastplate1350yCultists?
Masterwork longsword1315yCultists?
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds1yCultistsMorevek
Wand of Magic Missile - 7 ch1105yAneiva's and Irabeth'sElrembriel
Potion of Invisibility1300yAneiva's and Irabeth'sElrembriel
Ranseur of the Gargoyle (IC post #675)1yAneiva's and Irabeth's?
Half-orc's brass ring (strong magic faded)1yAneiva's and Irabeth'sElrembriel
Scroll of Death Knell1150yHosilla?
Oil of Magic Weapon250yHosillaMorevek
Potion of Invisibility1300yHosilla?
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds1300yHosillaMorevek
Wand of Spiritual Weapon - 7 ch1105yHosillaWaylan
Alchemist's fire220yHosilla?
Antitoxin150yHosilla?
Masterwork dagger1302yRenegade mongrelmen?
Masterwork longbow1400yRenegade mongrelmenAurora
Masterwork chain shirt1250yRenegade mongrelmenWaylan
Potion of Cure Light Wounds225yRenegade mongrelmenMorevek
Wand of Longstrider - 10 ch1150yRenegade mongrelmenElrembriel
Potion of Cure Light Wounds250yFalse crusadersElrembriel
Scroll of Cause Fear125yFalse crusadersElrembriel
Gold1291yFalse crusaders?
Spellbook (Detect Secret Doors, Fog Cloud, Grease, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Shocking Grasp, Silent Image)1yMillornElrembriel
Marble statuette175yMillorn?
Scroll of Resist Energy1150yMillornWaylan
Masterwork dagger1302yMillorn?
Cloak of resistance +111000yMillornMorevek
Platinum810yMillorn?
Gold71yMillorn?

JWallyR
2016-09-11, 05:35 PM
I have gone ahead and claimed the Cloak of Resistances and thrown it on my character sheet, as well as the potions of healing that were suggested. I don't want to be difficult, but Morevek's weapon and armor restrictions are going to make balanced WBL awkward, but I'm not sure that justifies me claiming one of the Pearls of Power, even if it would be super helpful to have another spell slot. Just throwing that out there... if magic scimitars become an option, or we reach a point where spare wealth can be used to purchase such and miscellaneous magic gear, then great? Meanwhile... *shrug*

Gwynfrid
2016-09-11, 08:08 PM
I have gone ahead and claimed the Cloak of Resistances and thrown it on my character sheet, as well as the potions of healing that were suggested. I don't want to be difficult, but Morevek's weapon and armor restrictions are going to make balanced WBL awkward, but I'm not sure that justifies me claiming one of the Pearls of Power, even if it would be super helpful to have another spell slot. Just throwing that out there... if magic scimitars become an option, or we reach a point where spare wealth can be used to purchase such and miscellaneous magic gear, then great? Meanwhile... *shrug*

This makes sense. On top of that, if you can't have a magic scimitar, at least you should have the oils of Magic Weapon. They'll make your scimitar +1 for 1 minute, it's good while it lasts. I edited the table with these changes.

JWallyR
2016-09-12, 10:32 AM
I'm not super jazzed about the oils of magic weapon, since they duplicate the only thing I can (currently) do with my Arcane pool. At level 4 I can spend a point to maximize damage on a successful weapon attack or increase the crit multiplier of my weapon on a successful crit, but the former is kinda meh with the majority of Morevek's potential damage not being weapon-based and the latter has no effect on spells, so I really have very little better to do than burn those points to give the weapon +1 and later, special abilities.

Gwynfrid
2016-09-12, 10:40 AM
I thought this would give you an opening to add flaming on top of the +1, but looking at RAW it looks like it's not the case. Oh well.

JWallyR
2016-09-12, 10:50 AM
At fifth level, maybe. I'm not 100% sure on the stacking between the oil and use of an arcane point, and what would happen when the oil wore off during combat?

Guess a DM opinion might be helpful :D

Farmerbink
2016-09-12, 07:29 PM
Short version: I'm not opposed to having the arcane point and oil stack. It wouldn't stack beyond +5, but I doubt oils of magic weapon will be a big thing at that stage in the game.

Farmerbink
2016-09-14, 09:50 AM
Campaign trait stuff: In the interest of protecting spoilers, I've left out the increased fluff that you discover in this book and the next.

Chance Encounter mechanics: You always tended to get in over your
head as a child, but your biggest youthful misadventure
was the time you “accidentally” found yourself behind
enemy lines in the Worldwound. Once per day,
if you fail an Acrobatics, Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand,
or Stealth check, you may immediately reroll that check
as a free action. You must take the second result, even
if it is worse.

Fluff:You probably never
would have made it back home to Kenabres if not for the
help of a mysterious woman who helped you trick your
way through a group of cultists. The woman never told
you her name, but you remember her beauty and a deep
sense of sadness she seemed to carry with her. Her skill
with the bow was impressive as well, but the thing you
remember most about her was the symbol of Desna she
wore—she often held onto it without seeming to realize
it, as if the connection to the goddess was something she
clung to in a sense of need, as someone might clutch at
a rope while dangling over a vast pit. She left your side
a few moments before you were picked up by a patrol of
crusaders, who finished the job of escorting you back to
safety, and you’ve never seen her again.

Book 1 upgrade: The PC gains a +2
trait bonus on Reflex saves. By expending one use of
mythic power, the PC can take 20 on an Acrobatics, Bluff,
Disguise, Sleight of Hand, or Stealth check without an
increase in the time required to make the check.

Child of the Crusades (Marshal) mechanics: Once
per day when you fail a saving throw against an effect
created by a demon that would possess or incapacitate
you mentally, you may immediately reroll that saving
throw as a free action. You must take the second result,
even if it is worse.

Fluff: Your parents were members of
the crusade, as were their parents before them. The righteousness of the crusades
sometimes feels as if it runs in your very blood, and
it bolsters you against demonic influence. This strong family tie bolsters
your mind and sense of belonging to the crusade.

Book 1 upgrade: The PC gains a +2
trait bonus on Will saves. Whenever he successfully saves against a mind-affecting effect from a demon,
as an immediate action the PC can expend one use of
mythic power to cause the demon to become staggered
for a number of rounds equal to the PC’s mythic tier.

Exposed to Awfulness mechanics: Once per day when you fail a saving
throw against an effect created by a demon that would
kill or physically incapacitate you, you can immediately
reroll that saving throw as a free action. You must take
the second result, even if it is worse.

Fluff:When you were
a child, you were nearly slain by a demon
that managed to make its way through the
wardstones into the lands beyond. The demon was slain before it could kill
you, but you lingered at death’s door in a coma for weeks
before waking. Ever since then, you’ve been unusually hale
and hearty, as if your body had endured its brush with awfulness
by becoming supernaturally fit. But still, the scars (whether physical or purely mental) of
your brush with death remain, and nightmares of what could have happened often plague
your sleep.

Book 1 upgrade:The PC gains +3 hit
points per level. When she is reduced to negative hit points
by an attack or effect from a demon, as an immediate action
the PC can expend one use of mythic power to heal damage
equal to 2d6 + twice her mythic tier. This healing occurs
after the damage is done—if the damage is enough to kill
the PC, she cannot activate this ability.

Riftwarden Orphan mechanics: You gain a +2 trait bonus on all
concentration checks.

Fluff: You bear a strange
birthmark on your body—something you’ve
learned is the Sign of the Seeker’s Spiral, a
rune associated with the secret society known
as the Riftwardens. You have researched this
rune, and have learned that the mark
sometimes appears on the children of
Riftwardens who have been exposed
to particularly strange planar
energies. Unfortunately, you never
knew your parents, for you were
raised by a foster family in
Kenabres. Your foster family has conf irmed
that both of your parents were Riftwardens,
and has further conf irmed that your parents
went missing on a secret mission into the
Worldwound less than a month after you
were born. You’re not sure what happened to
them, but you’re certain they’re dead—and
your gut tells you that the one who murdered
them yet lives!

Book one upgrade: The PC gains a +4
of charges.

Mechanics: Today, when you face demons in combat, those energies
bolster your fury, granting you a +2 trait bonus on all
combat maneuver checks against demons.

Fluff: You were forced to take part in a
demonic ritual as a youth after having been captured
by cultists. Whatever the ritual’s purpose may have
been, it didn’t work out the way your captors
envisioned—rather than corrupting your soul,
you absorbed the ritual’s energy and made it your own
before you escaped to safety. Ever since, you’ve been
haunted by strange nightmares about the ritual, and
have long felt that the energies it bathed you in have
changed you. Recently, those energies have changed—
it’s as if you’ve f inally managed to come to terms with
your past and have turned the ritual’s aftereffects to
your advantage, following the old adage of what doesn’t
kill you makes you stronger. You’ve been unable to learn
more about the ritual or what it was for, but the question
lingers in the back of your head to this day.

Book 1 upgrade: The PC gains a +2 trait bonus
by 1.

Mechanics: You begin play with a silver
holy symbol of your chosen deity for free. In addition,
choose one domain associated with your chosen deity.
You gain the use of that domain’s 1st-level domain spell
as a spell-like ability usable once per day (CL equals
your character level).

Fluff: As long as you can remember,
you’ve had an unexplainable interest in one deity in
particular. One of your parents may have been a priest
of this deity, or you may have been an orphan raised
by the church, but these alone cannot explain your
deep connection to the faith. You’ve always felt calm
and at ease in places holy to the deity, and often have
dreams about the god or goddess visiting you—most
often in the form of a sacred animal or creature. Your
faith is strong...

Book one upgrade: The PC can select a
second domain granted by his affiliated deity. He can use
the 1st-level spells of both domains as spell-like abilities
a number of times per day each equal to his mythic tier.
By expending one use of mythic power, he may use any
of these two domains’ spells as a spell-like ability, but
may only use spells of a level equal to or less than his
mythic tier.

Gwynfrid
2016-09-14, 09:54 AM
I took the Exposed to Awfulness trait. Does this mean I can't go Archmage?

Farmerbink
2016-09-14, 10:19 AM
It does not. I just want to make sure you guys know what the authors expected. If you wanted to consider taking the rift warden orphan trait (as I recall, Elrembriel's parents fall into an awkward place of no one really knows where they are), that would be fine. If you prefer keeping the trait you have, and going archmage regardless, the trait bonuses from the guardian path are at least universally beneficial.

JWallyR
2016-09-14, 10:36 AM
So, to chime in on this thread- after checking out the mythic paths a little more carefully, I'm pretty happy with the idea of Morevek going Trickster. I originally grabbed the Stolen Fury trait (aligned with Champion), which was never a particularly great option for a low-Str magus who is not building toward combat maneuvers. While ignoring DR on a particular target is not bad, being able to take 20 on an acrobatics check to tumble behind someone and flank would be pretty sweet every now and then.

I don't know who currently has the Trickster trait, but it's worth having the conversation about what might suit that person better? :D

Gwynfrid
2016-09-14, 11:18 AM
It does not. I just want to make sure you guys know what the authors expected. If you wanted to consider taking the rift warden orphan trait (as I recall, Elrembriel's parents fall into an awkward place of no one really knows where they are), that would be fine. If you prefer keeping the trait you have, and going archmage regardless, the trait bonuses from the guardian path are at least universally beneficial.

Father unknown, mother known all too well! Also, zero connection to Kenabres in her background, and no such thing as a foster family. There's no way the fluff could be reconciled here.

On the other hand, I could go with the bonuses from the Exposed to Awfulness path, so far. Hopefully, not having the bonus vs demon SR isn't going to be crippling for Archmage? If the bonuses for the following books fall into that category as well, then it could become a problem. Hard to predict without knowing the full path.

Farmerbink
2016-09-14, 11:57 AM
Well, I know that this is what they do through the 3rd book. I don't know that the traits upgrade again, but there's TONS of fluff to tie things in to your traits later on.

Gwynfrid
2016-09-14, 12:36 PM
You know what, we'll see how it goes when we get there. It's a long way away... After all, we aren't close to the end of the first book, and this thread will celebrate its 1st birthday tomorrow :smallbiggrin:

DarkOne-Rob
2016-09-14, 07:40 PM
I have had a discussion with FarmerBink about Fiilburn morphing into a different build that would better fit his trait (Riftwarden Orphan). The idea would be to become a Black-Blade Arcanist/Eldritch Knight, still fulfilling the role of magically-endowed swordsman, but doing it in a different way that might allow some significant retraining and reworking of Filburn into a PC that better fits that idea. If no one else is likely to be upset by such an action, I might go ahead and do that during a period of significant down-time and do what I can to make the build work out better for that trait's fluff.

Does anyone have any issues with such a shift?

Gwynfrid
2016-09-14, 08:49 PM
Do you mean a Blade Adept Arcanist?

I wouldn't object, except on one count: This looks quite a lot like a magus, or at least someone occupying the same niche as Morevek. I'm not sure how much of an issue this could become.

Farmerbink
2016-09-14, 09:03 PM
If I'm being perfectly frank, as mentioned above, I'm concerned about finding a niche for Filburn along those lines that doesn't step on too many toes between Morevek, Aurora, and Elrembriel. Honestly, I don't see much room in there, but I'm certainly open to suggestions if there's something I'm missing.

Gwynfrid
2016-09-14, 10:16 PM
Arcanist / Eldritch Knight would always be one whole spell level behind a full wizard, so I don't think he would step on Elrembriel's domain much. Anyway, you can never have too many spells :smallcool:

But the main concern is for Morevek, as far as I can see.

DarkOne-Rob
2016-09-15, 10:20 AM
Filburn already uses magic to buff himself in combat, and the real "schticks" of the Magus is delivering spells with their weapons and attacking in the same round as they cast spells, IMO. A Blade Adept Arcanist (using a Black Blade) does not really do those same things. Instead, they are gishes in the more traditional sense - buffs and the occasional spell thrown at the enemy. In this respect Filburn would keep doing what he has always done - cast self-buffs and attack the enemy.

If people don't like the idea of such a transition, I won't push the issue. I present it as a way to better tie the mechanics to the fluff of Filburn's campaign trait.

Gwynfrid
2016-09-15, 10:39 AM
I see - the black blade is from a magus archetype, but obtained through an arcanist archetype. A bit confusing.

Where I'm less sure is how the Eldritch Knight plays here. Wouldn't that stop your black blade progression?

DarkOne-Rob
2016-09-15, 11:47 AM
There is an Arcanist exploit unique to the Blade Adept archetype that advances the Black Blade based on the PC's caster level. Filburn would be taking that exploit before going into Eldritch Knight.

Gwynfrid
2016-09-15, 12:01 PM
I see. An interesting build. No objections from me.

Untarr
2016-09-15, 10:13 PM
I'm taking the light steel shield.

Getting it changed to a quickdraw shield.

Untarr
2016-09-16, 07:06 AM
Ok,

I'd like to trade in the Defending Warhammer, splitting the funds amongst the party. Also, no one will be using the Ranseur so we should trade that as well. Any other art or fluff item should also get sold so that we can buy stuff. I'm also going to give up the banded mail and current quick draw shield (to be sold)

Aurora is going to order a set of masterwork full plate and modify the +1 light shield we found to be a quick draw. If she doesn't have enough, she'll borrow some from Elembriel (worked out in google hangouts) in order to cover the difference.

MuffinMan
2016-09-16, 08:42 AM
Speaking of loot, I'll remind everyone that Waylan can have Masterwork Transformation (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spells/masterworkTransformation.html#masterwork-transformation) prepped in a day to upgrade things to masterwork at-cost.

Besides upgrading his own buckler, he's not buying much right now except some fancy arrows, so he can also front someone cash for a major purchase.

JWallyR
2016-09-16, 08:55 AM
Due to Morevek's equipment restrictions, there's really only 2 classes of weapons of which I'm aware that benefit him. One is weapons, and the other is magic items that aren't armor. The weapon thing I'm going to work out (since after conversation with DM it seems reasonable to tweak Morevek's choice of weapon, short version: not crit fishing due to very few spells per day vs. a "vanilla" magus) and decide something, but other than that... depends on what sort of magic items are likely to be available.

Untarr
2016-09-16, 09:18 AM
So, I've gone through and deleted all the claimed items and left only the items from the table that we are selling. I don't think we're gonna get full value on that defending warhammer based on a conversation with John about a month ago when we first got it. I am including it as is though for now until we get a full ruling on that.

Item
Quantity
Value(unit)
Proceeds
Identified?
Found
Owner

Defending Warhammer +1

y
Dwarf Cave
Aurora

Banded mail

y
Blackwing
?

Alchemist fire

y
Cultists
?

Breastplate

y
Cultists
?

Longsword

y
Cultists
?

Heavy crossbow, 20 bolts
2+ 100

y
Cultists
?

Masterwork breastplate

y
Cultists
?

Masterwork longsword

y
Cultists
?

Ranseur of the Gargoyle (IC post #675)
2310?

y
Aneiva's and Irabeth's
?

Scroll of Death Knell

y
Hosilla
?

Potion of Invisibility

y
Hosilla
?

Alchemist's fire

y
Hosilla
?

Antitoxin

y
Hosilla
?

Masterwork dagger

y
Renegade mongrelmen
?

Gold

y
False crusaders
?

Marble statuette

y
Millorn
?

Masterwork dagger

y
Millorn
?

Platinum

y
Millorn
?

Gold

y
Millorn
?

Total

That is 1434.1 gp per person.

Farmerbink
2016-09-16, 10:43 AM
I was gonna put this in Hangouts, but it's worth making sure it doesn't get lost:

Horgus also gave you each 1,000 gold. Barring other sale items, that brings your effective total to 2,434g, 1s (plus whatever you started with and trait bonuses).

DarkOne-Rob
2016-09-16, 07:23 PM
My first desire is to get Filburn's shield repaired. What will that take? Is it worth purchasing a new shield instead?

Then, once I have more time to devote to selecting some gear, I will work out other items Filburn would either purchase or commission.

Gwynfrid
2016-09-16, 09:40 PM
Elrembriel works on spells, depending on how much time she has. In order:

Invisibility Spellcraft DC17 [roll0] 1 hour + if successful, 2 hours to copy - success
Grease Spellcraft DC16 [roll1] 1 hour + if successful, 1 hour to copy - failed. This stops here, after 4 hours
Silent Image Spellcraft DC16 [roll2] 1 hour + if successful, 1 hour to copy
Resist Energy Spellcraft DC17 [roll3] 1 hour + if successful, 2 hours to copy
Fog cloud Spellcraft DC17 [roll4] 1 hour + if successful, 2 hours to copy
Shocking Grasp Spellcraft DC16 [roll5] 1 hour + if successful, 1 hour to copy

... just let me know how many hours she can spend on this.

DarkOne-Rob
2016-09-18, 12:54 PM
Alright, so, to conclusively clarify - does anyone care if I plan to retrain Filburn, providing we ever get enough time? If that is something that FarmerBink will support and I decide I want to accomplish, there will be some role-playing that preempts the process, and I would like to start drafting up how that will happen. JWallyR doesn't appear to mind and Gwynfrid seems unconcerned, so unless someone else says not to do this, I am going to go ahead and start figuring out how to make it all happen...

Farmerbink
2016-09-18, 02:55 PM
1: Repairing the shield will cost half the cost of the shield. I don't think your shield was special, so unless you're planning to upgrade, I think it's worth the cost.

2: You all have about 4 hours of usable time that evening- assuming you don't want activities to cut into sleep and risk being fatigued the next day.

3: OOC- between me and you, there will be a significant opportunity for down-time retraining and such, at the end of this book. We're give-or-take 1/2 to 2/3rds of the way through it, in terms of actual encounters, but it will take you through the next like 3 levels. There really isn't sufficient time to explain the retraining opportunity before then.

Gwynfrid
2016-09-18, 06:47 PM
I'll use the 4 hours, that's one new spell, 40 gp spent. At this rate, I'll make sure every minute of downtime is used towards copying spells. That's fine, since it works well with Elrembriel's personality and motivation. Just don't expect much of a social life. :smallamused:

Ready to go, with slightly changed spell list. I'll keep the cash for now, angling for another 700 gp to buy something really nice later :smallbiggrin:

MuffinMan
2016-09-19, 06:14 AM
Go for it, DarkOne - no objections to the eventual retraining from me.

Waylan is good to go with only a few masterwork upgrades (unless someone in Defender's Heart can bestow an Adaptive (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/adaptive) enchantment on his bow. FarmerBink?). Either way, I don't need additional time OOC, so I'm ready to continue!

JWallyR
2016-09-19, 10:49 AM
1) Do what you want re: retraining Filburn.

2) Planning to write out RP with Aravashnial later, but otherwise buying a masterwork katana, fluffed through the IC RP thread. Gonna have to take a closer look at some low-level magic items to figure out if there's anything useful that's inside the budget.

3) Speaking of budget- has anybody done the math on the group's overall wealth, i.e. individual shares? I expect that Morevek's "fair share" of the currency is probably bigger than most of the rest of the party, due to their having found usable equipment, but I'm not sure how to handle that.

Untarr
2016-09-23, 07:51 AM
You should have 1000gp from rich dude and 1434.1 gp from loot selloff. I'm not sure what we are going to do about loot balancing.

Farmerbink
2016-09-23, 10:53 AM
I personally don't care about it at all. If you guys are upset, I can be arbiter for the dispute, but I'd rather you guys work that out without me.

Farmerbink
2016-09-23, 11:00 AM
Sorry I forgot to address Aurora's detect evil. I'm not 100% sure she's close enough, but the ability doesn't reveal anything.

Gwynfrid
2016-09-23, 10:35 PM
3) Speaking of budget- has anybody done the math on the group's overall wealth, i.e. individual shares? I expect that Morevek's "fair share" of the currency is probably bigger than most of the rest of the party, due to their having found usable equipment, but I'm not sure how to handle that.

This is the table with completed item value:

ItemQuantityValue(unit)ProceedsIdentified?FoundOwn er
Defending Warhammer +1183124156yBlackwingsell
Pearl of Power level 1110000yBlackwingWaylan
Pearl of Power level 1110000yBlackwingElrembriel
Spellbook (alarm, alter self, cat's grace, dismissal, dispel magic, magic circle against chaos, resist energy, spider climb, versatile weapon)10yBlackwingElrembriel
Scroll of Dimensional Lock130000nBlackwingElrembriel
Scroll of Invisibility11500yBlackwingElrembriel
Potions - Cure Moderate Wounds21500yBlackwingElrembriel
Composite Longbow +1 (+1 Str)125000yBlackwingWaylan
Banded mail1250125yBlackwingsell
Falcata +1123180yBlackwingFilburn
Light steel shield +1111590yBlackwingAurora
Alchemist's fire1200yCultistsElrembriel
Alchemist's fire2200yCultistsWaylan
Alchemist's fire32030yCultistssell
Cold iron dagger140yCultistsElrembriel
Cold iron dagger540yCultists?
Breastplate5200500yCultistssell
Longsword51537.5yCultistssell
Heavy crossbow, 20 bolts6102306yCultistssell
Masterwork breastplate1350175yCultistssell
Masterwork longsword1315157.5yCultistssell
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds13000yCultistsMorevek
Wand of Magic Missile - 7 ch11050yAnevia's and Irabeth'sElrembriel
Potion of Invisibility13000yAnevia's and Irabeth'sElrembriel
Ranseur of the Gargoyle (IC post #675)123101155yAnevia's and Irabeth'ssell
Half-orc's brass ring (strong magic faded)10yAnevia's and Irabeth'sElrembriel
Scroll of Death Knell115075yHosillasell
Oil of Magic Weapon2500yHosillaMorevek
Potion of Invisibility1300150yHosillasell
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds13000yHosillaMorevek
Wand of Spiritual Weapon - 7 ch11050yHosillaWaylan
Alchemist's fire22020yHosillasell
Antitoxin15025yHosillasell
Masterwork dagger1302151yRenegade mongrelmensell
Masterwork longbow14000yRenegade mongrelmenAurora
Masterwork chain shirt12500yRenegade mongrelmenWaylan
Potion of Cure Light Wounds2250yRenegade mongrelmenMorevek
Wand of Longstrider - 10 ch11500yRenegade mongrelmenElrembriel
Potion of Cure Light Wounds2500yFalse crusadersElrembriel
Scroll of Cause Fear1250yFalse crusadersElrembriel
Gold1291129yFalse crusaderscash
Spellbook (Detect Secret Doors, Fog Cloud, Grease, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Shocking Grasp, Silent Image)10yMillornElrembriel
Marble statuette17537.5yMillornsell
Scroll of Resist Energy11500yMillornWaylan
Masterwork dagger1302151yMillornsell
Cloak of resistance +1110000yMillornMorevek
Platinum81080yMillorncash
Gold717yMillorncash

(Yes I'm counting the spellbooks for zero. That because we can sell them, provided we find buyers.)

According to this table the valuables distributed are as follows (cash and sales of valuables not counted):
- Elrembriel 4954
- Waylan 4205
- Filburn 2418
- Morevek 1675
- Aurora 1559

If you want to apply equality in the value of loot shares, it's possible; then Elrembriel would owe the most (2048 gp), while Aurora would be owed the most (1347 gp). Do you guys wish to do this?

DarkOne-Rob
2016-09-24, 02:19 PM
I am not real worried about loot equity. I just plan on managing our gear to cover our needs. Right now I am beginning to feel stressed (though the magic sword helps a great deal). Defenses are beginning to concern me, especially as combats get more deadly. I plan to buy a Cloak of Resistances ASAP, followed by some armor-buffing jewelry.

Farmerbink
2016-09-24, 02:50 PM
As an aside, you've not factored radiance into the above table.

Farmerbink
2016-09-24, 03:01 PM
Nothing to see here:
[roll0]

Gwynfrid
2016-09-24, 05:39 PM
As an aside, you've not factored radiance into the above table.

Right. And we have no idea how much its value is - I suspect, about as much as the rest of the loot combined.

Similarly, note that among the riches gathered by Elrembriel, 3000gp is accounted for a single item, a scroll that is unlikely to serve anytime soon. So, I think the raw monetary accounting isn't the right way to balance things, at least not in this game.

I'd rather suggest that Morevek raise a hand if he feels he's being left behind. I'll be happy to chip in something to help (you need to have an idea about what to buy, first).

DarkOne-Rob
2016-09-24, 05:52 PM
...I think the raw monetary accounting isn't the right way to balance things, at least not in this game.
This is largely how I feel. Our individual PCs will have widely varying needs, and drops are somewhat random in nature. We just need to address our weaknesses and manage our resources so that everyone is both contributing and not too much at risk as we go about our adventures.

JWallyR
2016-09-24, 08:28 PM
Well, one good thing about Kensai is being largely indifferent to armor and shields, two broad classes of items with which I needn't concern myself.

One bad thing about being a Kensai is that there is exactly one weapon type of any real value, and almost all other useful equipment has to be magical in nature, so the only things that are really useful are rare and/or expensive.

That all being said, the thing I'd like most is a magic weapon, and unless one falls out of the sky, it's not likely to be in the cards any time soon. We're also limited by the availability of items within the stores at Defender's Keep (or whatever it's called), into which price figures as well.

In the meantime, I should probably just make my peace and see what happens in the upcoming encounters.:smallbiggrin:

Gwynfrid
2016-09-30, 09:54 AM
Knowledge(Arcana)
aura #1 [roll0]
aura #2 [roll1]

JWallyR
2016-10-04, 12:59 PM
Morevek's initiative for the current combat: [roll0]

Farmerbink
2016-10-06, 08:20 PM
Filburn init: 26
Bad guy init: 23
Elrembriel init: [roll1]
Waylan init: 16
Morevek init: 8
Aurora init: [roll0]

SO I need another action from just Rob, at which point we can start the "standard" they go, you go. Until then, I'll be working on the first full round of combat. If something catastrophic changes things, I'll give you all a re-do, but I don't know that anything could happen that would warrant much (and several of you only have move actions for the first few rounds anyway), but let me know if you're unhappy (in a sense other than "I don't like it 'kuz this thing hit me!"), and we'll work it out.

Farmerbink
2016-10-11, 08:51 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

MuffinMan
2016-10-13, 03:12 PM
SO you're free to decide to move on to the next stop, but I need an answer as to whether or not your characters would have taken a holy symbol- as per Aurora's suggestion. Yes, that's a loaded question. Yes, I expect you to answer how your characters would have behaved.

Waylan would not take a holy symbol; he has his own already.

Farmerbink
2016-10-13, 09:02 PM
In the interest of clarity and not risking information be lost in the hangouts, nothing detects as either magical or evil regarding the holy symbols.

Farmerbink
2016-10-13, 09:04 PM
Since it appears Aurora is the only one to take them, I'll go ahead and roll.

[roll0] vs DC 16
if failed: [roll1] dex damage

[roll2] vs DC 16
if failed: [roll3] dex damage

[roll4] vs DC 16 Passed
if failed: [roll5] dex damage

[roll6] vs DC 16
if failed: [roll7] dex damage

[roll8] vs DC 16
if failed: [roll9] dex damage

[roll10] vs DC 16
if failed: [roll11] dex damage
Sadly, those were some uninspiring rolls. Aurora takes 3 dexterity damage, over the course of the three minutes after initial contact (one minute onset, rolls every minute for 6 minutes or until first successful save).

Any saving throw pass during this time negates any further checks.

MuffinMan
2016-10-15, 08:23 AM
Using Channel Positive Energy (2/3) to help the woman and anyone else injured [roll0]

JWallyR
2016-10-28, 08:22 PM
I'm hoping to get some IC knowledge about how Augury works so that Morevek can attempt to ask useful questions.

Base roll: [roll0]

Mods:
Spellcraft: +10
Knowledge (Arcana, Planes): +8
Knowledge (Religion): +5

Farmerbink
2016-10-28, 08:34 PM
it works like this. (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/spells/augury.html) With a roll like that, you're passably familiar with the spell. Any details you don't already know can easily be filled in by Aravashnial or the (unnamed) cleric willing to perform one for you. For the purposes of story, we're going to expand the time frame to a few hours, instead of only 30 minutes.

JWallyR
2016-11-10, 11:22 PM
Morevek's Initiative: [roll0]

Please consider him to have made a 5ft step in the direction of the door in preparation for joining in the festivities within.

Untarr
2016-11-11, 09:27 AM
"Oooo a party! I just LOVE parties!"

Gwynfrid
2016-11-12, 11:47 PM
We have a critical threat here. Confirm? [roll0] damage [roll1]

Gwynfrid
2016-11-16, 10:10 PM
Concentration [roll0]

JWallyR
2016-11-16, 11:12 PM
Knowledge (Planes) to get an idea about the Dretch: [roll0]

Gwynfrid
2016-11-17, 07:56 AM
Knowledge(Planes) for Elrembriel [roll0]

Untarr
2016-11-17, 08:05 AM
[roll0] Knowledge Planes

For information on the dretch, maybe some clues on how it just kinda appeared

MuffinMan
2016-11-17, 10:36 AM
Forgot to roll concealment when shooting @ dretch in round 3: [roll0]

Gwynfrid
2016-11-17, 10:21 PM
I botched the elemental's damage roll.
[roll0]

Untarr
2016-11-30, 09:12 AM
[roll0] Intimidate
[roll1] Diplomacy

To help with the interrogation

JWallyR
2016-11-30, 11:49 AM
Knowledge check for Morevek to know things about Baphomet: [roll0]
Mods:
Arcana, Planes: +8
Religion, History: +5

JWallyR
2016-12-12, 09:01 PM
Botched Perception roll in IC: [roll0]

Edit: apparently botched here as well. >_>

MuffinMan
2016-12-19, 08:39 AM
Round 1 - Waylan Fort save vs quasit poison: [roll0] vs DC 11, else [roll1] Dex damage

Farmerbink
2016-12-20, 08:36 AM
The Quasit will- instead of taking a full-round action- just fly to Elrembriel and attack a single time. I've edited the damage and such: Elrembriel only takes 2 damage, and 1 dexterity damage from poison. the DC is thus reduced back to 13, and the duration to 6 rounds. Otherwise, it's too complicated to rework the entire round.

Actually, I had to look again, this is going to end up being a mixed bag for Elrembriel. Due to her changed location, she falls within the radius of the cultist's channeling, and failed the will save to halve damage. She also is close enough to take singe damage from the alchemists fire, so it ends up being 5 more damage between the two effects (none of which is recurring in any way).

On the upside, she gets an AoO on the quasit when it enters her square to attack. I assume she's got either a dagger or a quarterstaff out- though she may actually be incapable of dealing damage to the quasit. I'm not positive.

Gwynfrid
2016-12-20, 11:53 PM
Knowledge (Planes) [roll0]

JWallyR
2016-12-21, 04:04 PM
Morevek's Knowledge (Planes): [roll0] for knowledge of stuffs

Gwynfrid
2016-12-21, 04:40 PM
Forgot to roll vs poison:
- Prescience [roll0] if 12 or better, take this result instead of the d20 below
- Save DC13 [roll1] or [roll2] Dex

Untarr
2016-12-24, 12:40 PM
[roll0] - Crit Confirm
[roll1] - Extra Damage

DarkOne-Rob
2016-12-27, 06:15 PM
Fortitude Save: [roll0] vs DC 13 or take [roll1] Dexterity Damage (Passed)

Gwynfrid
2016-12-27, 10:52 PM
Concentration check to maintain casting while taking damage, DC13 [roll0]

Farmerbink
2017-01-02, 05:29 PM
Morevek's attacks:
[roll0] katana
[roll1] CC (26+)
[roll2] dmg
[roll3] crit bonus

Plus touch of fatigue: DC 14 fort??
[roll4]

Forgot flanking with the frog. Still a solid hit.

Farmerbink
2017-01-02, 05:30 PM
He'll get an AoO:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

MuffinMan
2017-01-11, 07:51 AM
Rolling to recover the 10 arrows fired during combat - recovery on a 2:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

JWallyR
2017-01-25, 01:44 PM
Morevek's initiative in the current combat: [roll0]

Gwynfrid
2017-02-08, 08:33 AM
I rebuilt Elrembriel's spreadsheet as best I could. Good thing we had a loot table. Let me know if you see anything mistaken. Fortunately, this was only about spells and equipment, since we hadn't leveled between July 25 and now.

Farmerbink
2017-02-08, 10:43 AM
Fortunately, this was only about spells and equipment, since we hadn't leveled between July 25 and now.

I suppose that's an ironic plus-side to our fairly slow pace. For what it's worth, I still recommend downloading a backup of your character sheets. Also, a level should be fairly soon in coming.

Gwynfrid
2017-02-08, 12:13 PM
You bet I'm upgrading my "save as pdf" policy. I used to do it only once per level, now I will do it after every significant equipment change as well.

Farmerbink
2017-02-09, 10:23 PM
Right? I honestly hadn't ever considered it, but I'm sure glad you were doing it in Mummy's Mask. That said, Turi will be finished (again) this weekend. Probably Sunday. *sigh*

Unrelated: thanks to die rolls, I've determined it to be about 3 and a half hours since you first cast mage armor. If your duration is more than 3 hours, it's still active.

MuffinMan
2017-02-15, 09:18 AM
Waylan's initiative [roll0]

JWallyR
2017-02-21, 11:47 PM
A couple of quick Knowledge checks for Morevek: [roll0] [roll1]

The first for knowledge of the "Red Morning Massacre" and the second about Nahyndrian crystals.

Mods:
Arcana, Dungeoneering, Planes: +8
Religion, Engineering, Geography, History: +5
All others: +4, untrained

Farmerbink
2017-02-22, 10:15 PM
"The Red Morning Massacre" refers to the following historical event, dating just after the first crusade:

"During the final dark days of Sarkoris, the people of Kenabres saw horrifying sights to the west. Foul, twisted creatures scraped their way across the land. The sky burned green, and plumes of acrid smoke drifted across the new wasteland. Hysterical refugees splashed across the river and sought safety behind the walls of Kenabres. At first these refugees were allowed in unquestioningly. In early 4607 ar, however, a lilitu demon named Minagho entered Kenabres magically disguised as a refugee. Once inside the town’s walls, she revealed her true form and slaughtered 62 citizens before vanishing in a cloud of greasy black smoke. After the Red Morning Massacre, as it was called, Kenabres refused entrance to any except those who could demonstrate direst need. Those admitted were forced to undergo protracted and painful tests to demonstrate their mortality. Individuals who fell under suspicion were turned away or executed on the spot."

The "Nahyndrian crystals" no doubt could illuminate some facet of the demon's plans, but you've never heard of them before.

Gwynfrid
2017-02-27, 02:31 PM
Identifying a spell effect already in place is a Knowledge(Arcana) roll DC20+spell level, or 25. Quite a bit harder than the magic items. Anyway, let's give it a shot, [roll0] - nope.

JWallyR
2017-02-27, 02:37 PM
Along those same lines:
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0] for the Unhallow
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll1] for the Zone of Truth

Gwynfrid
2017-02-27, 09:35 PM
Time to get back to books... Assuming 2 days of work ie. 16 hours.

2 new level 2 spells for free (Darkvision, Mirror Image):
- Hours to copy into spellbook: 4
- Cost: 80

Other spells, in order - study & copy if understood

Resist Energy DC17 [roll0] - 1 hour + 2 to copy, 40gp - success, total 7 hours 120gp
Cat's Grace DC17 [roll1] - 1 hour + 2 to copy, 40gp - fail, total 8 hours 120gp
Alter Self DC17 [roll2] - 1 hour + 2 to copy, 40gp - fail, total 9 hours 120gp
Silent Image DC16 [roll3] - 1 hour + 1 to copy, 10gp - fail, total 10 hours 120gp
Grease DC16 [roll4] - 1 hour + 1 to copy, 10gp - success, total 12 hours 130gp
Fog Cloud DC17 [roll5] - 1 hour + 2 to copy, 40gp - success, total 15 hours 170gp

Gwynfrid
2017-03-01, 11:24 AM
I missed one DC16 item. [roll0] - passed, I'll edit my IC post accordingly.

Gwynfrid
2017-03-03, 08:41 PM
Initiative [roll0] (but I think you should really roll that for us, it would save a ton of time).

I have my latest status at hand from the last posted stat block. How much damage did Scruech'ul take?
As for spells, I recall that I was running really low, with pretty much nothing useful beyond the one remaining summon monster II. I have, however, a couple of scrolls... Are the mounts just regular horses?

Farmerbink
2017-03-05, 11:38 AM
Elrembriel init: 23
Waylan init: 19

Aurora: [roll0]
Morevek: [roll1]
FIlburn: [roll2]
baddie: [roll3]

Edit: so everyone but Aurora acts before the baddies. I will probably use his post as an active attack- it's unlikely the opponents will fail to close the distance during their turn. At any rate, everyone but Waylan and Aurora- because they already have- please post round 1! :-)

JWallyR
2017-03-13, 07:08 PM
A Knowledge check to recognize class mechanics of these NPCs, and potentially ascertain a tactical weakness:
[roll0] plus [roll]1d6[roll] free Inspiration die

All Knowledge skills are at +9 Mod at the moment, so... whichever one's appropriate.

JWallyR
2017-03-13, 07:10 PM
Wow. Freaking 5. And I failed on the additional 1d6: [roll0]

JWallyR
2017-03-13, 07:25 PM
Spending 2 points from Inspiration pool to get 1d6 on Morevek's attack: [roll0]

Untarr
2017-03-13, 10:19 PM
Crit Confirm

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gwynfrid
2017-04-19, 09:05 AM
Regarding loot: Elrembriel will grab the wand of Magic Missile, and one potion each. The arrows and scrolls logically go to Waylan (the only question about Heroism is who we're going to cast it on). The Chime of Opening can be used be anybody, I guess. As for the wand of Daylight, I would give it to Filburn - unless he prefers to keep his actions to do something else, in which case Elrembriel (or Waylan?) can be in charge of keeping the lights on.

MuffinMan
2017-04-19, 03:11 PM
Sounds good to me. Waylan will definitely take the arrows, scrolls, and also one of the masterwork bucklers if it's unclaimed! :smallbiggrin:

Potions should probably go to frontliners and those without in-class healing, which I think is everyone but Waylan. I'd prefer not to manage the wand of daylight, but I can if need be.

DarkOne-Rob
2017-04-22, 05:19 PM
Regarding the remaining loot:

7 potions of cure serious wounds taking one
3 potions of lesser restoration party loot
a chime of opening Filburn is one of the scouts, so this makes sense
1 masterwork bucklers Filburn already has a MW Light Steel Shield
and a wand of daylight (24 charges) Daylight is on the Bard Spell List, so Filburn can take it
The potions are not effective in-combat healing - using them incurs attacks of opportunity and using them takes too many actions. Filburn can cast Cure Light Wounds, Aurora has Lay on Hands, Waylan isn't in melee but has healing spells, Elrembriel is not in melee (and we want to protect her if possible). This leaves only Morevek as a PC likely to need to use them that doesn't have much better chances.

Instead, I would advise us to consider them as out-of-combat healing (3d8+5 HPs healed has a decent chance of being enough to be worth it). This could allow Waylan to use more of this 3rd level spells (when we level up to 5) on offense instead of healing. Filburn will take one potion of Cure Serious Wounds, but the Potions of Restoration should be held as party-loot, IMO. Who wants to track the party loot on their sheet? Filburn has the strength to carry it all without issue..

Speaking of leveling up to 5...are we planning to level mid-dungeon (and ignoring the role-playing issues that could incur) or are we leveling up at another time? Is this a good time for such to happen?

Farmerbink
2017-04-23, 05:00 PM
As long as someone documents carrying the potions, I don't care who it is. I don't want a crazy moment showing up and then we hash out whether or not Morevek should have been carrying a potion. Please decide and go with it.

Speaking of leveling up to 5...are we planning to level mid-dungeon (and ignoring the role-playing issues that could incur) or are we leveling up at another time? Is this a good time for such to happen?

At the risk of being "that guy," the only things that have happened since you guys leveled up were a generic encounter to hook MM up with a mount and a lot of talking. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21769585&postcount=1230

Farmerbink
2017-04-23, 07:20 PM
Also, because it will soon be relevant: initiative!

[roll0] W
[roll1] A
[roll2] E
[roll3] M
[roll4] F

[roll5] Vs

Edit: congratulations, you all go first! :smalltongue:

Gwynfrid
2017-04-23, 10:19 PM
Hss, botched rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] - success
[roll3]
[roll4]

JWallyR
2017-04-23, 11:09 PM
And Morevek goes first-est! Woo! XD

DarkOne-Rob
2017-04-24, 09:57 AM
At the risk of being "that guy," the only things that have happened since you guys leveled up were a generic encounter to hook MM up with a mount and a lot of talking. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21769585&postcount=1230
I didn't even realize that - just shows how busy I have been and how much real-world impact the lost time has caused.

Gwynfrid
2017-04-24, 10:33 AM
As long as someone documents carrying the potions, I don't care who it is. I don't want a crazy moment showing up and then we hash out whether or not Morevek should have been carrying a potion. Please decide and go with it.

Makes sense.

Who wants to track the party loot on their sheet?

I'll do it. I mean, Ill write it on my sheet but showing who's carrying them. I think we should spread them around, just in case we get separated. They're on my sheet now. I also updated the loot tables in the online spreadsheets (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tF7Vh2TiASNVD9j6F5tDjhaespfaqSsP-vvYc6mSWYk/edit#gid=1647504463).

MuffinMan
2017-04-25, 08:35 PM
Surprise Round

Waylan's attack roll vs the nearest enemy:
atk [roll0] (+1 bless, +1 aspect, +1 divine), cc [roll1] (19-20/x3)
dmg [roll2] (+1 divine), cdmg [roll3]

^ Didn't include the +2 atk from Cat's Grace, cast by Filburn, so total is a 29 attack roll.

Gwynfrid
2017-04-26, 07:18 PM
Knowledge (The Planes) 1d20+12

Gwynfrid
2017-04-26, 07:20 PM
Pretty hard to do this on a phone...

[roll0]

Farmerbink
2017-04-27, 09:58 PM
Aurora also does Know (planes): [roll0]

JWallyR
2017-04-28, 12:22 PM
Know Local/Nobility: [roll0]

JWallyR
2017-04-28, 12:45 PM
Morevek's combat-related actions:

1) If possible, before he and Filburn walk out, he will cast Touch of Fatigue and hold the charge for an anticipated attack. As a swift action, he will also spend one Arcane point to enhance his weapon for a +1 bonus.

2) See IC thread for Disguise/Bluff rolls. Hopefully since he's already a tiefling with demonic features, he doesn't need much of a disguise and can just play into his heritage (translation: I cans has circumstance bonus pl0z??)

3) Assuming they get into range for a surprise charge, the following rolls apply:

Attack: [roll0]
CC: [roll1] for x2 on 29+
Damage: [roll2] plus Touch of Fatigue: Fort save vs DC 15 else fatigued, 3 rds.
Crit damage: [roll3]

Untarr
2017-04-30, 10:04 AM
[roll0]
It apparently didn't like my space. I did not delete any rolls. I'm leaving the original post unedited for confirmation.

Farmerbink
2017-04-30, 03:30 PM
lol, how can an unedited post have a deleted roll count? That's weird.