PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Kindred, the Eternal Hunters

Extra Anchovies
2015-09-16, 10:32 AM
So the next League of Legends champion (http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-reveal-kindred-eternal-hunters)'s been revealed, and oh my gosh is it cool or what. Cool enough that I really want to play as them.

The first thing that comes to mind to approximate Kindred's abilities is a Ravenlord Harbinger with the familiar refluffed to a flying wolf spirit - Dance of Arrows and Wolf's Frenzy fit will with the Harbinger's innate mobility, Mark of the Kindred works kinda like Dark Claim, and some Cursed Razor maneuvers could do a pretty good job of emulating Mounting Dread, or at least have a similar effect. Lamb's Respite is specific enough that I'm not expecting to find a way to copy it. The primary concern with the Harbinger is the lack of bonus feats and the fact that it's not a particularly archery-focused class. It would probably work just fine in gestalt as a Ravenlord//Slayer, but it would be nice to get a build together for normal play.

I'm not sure about the race, though. I don't think there are any races that have much in common with the sort of entity Kindred seems to be (especially since Kindred used to be a single fully unified entity and split itself in two as part of becoming what it is now). Any suggestions regarding mechanically synergistic races for an archer Harbinger would be welcome, especially ones that can be easily refluffed (Ifrit, for example, would be a tough fit because of their fire-related abilities).