Astral Avenger: NuclearAstral
IZ42:corsair238
TheifofZ:Okibruez
Rain Dragon: Jion-Zyn

PS4
Snowbluff: Snowbluff
Typewriter: phleing
TheMycon: TheMycon

I recently had a friend start playing and I sent him a bunch of information on the game. I'm going to include that here for people new to the game.

Exterminate - Kill all enemies

Survival - Go as long as you can, don't pop life support modules unless below 50% (generally speaking) because a module grants 30% and anything above 100% is wasted.

Defense - Defend an item against 5 waves of enemies, then stay or go. If you stay things get harder.

Capture - Beat a guy up and press [the designated button for your choice of gaming platform] to capture him. He'll try to run and lock you out of the rooms he's in - he can escape if you don't stay on top of him.

Rescue - Get to a guy in a cell and free him. If you're seen on your way they'll start gassing him and you may not have time to find him. After he's free all you have to do is get to extraction, but he can die before you do so.

Sabotage - Rush to the target and destroy it.

Mobile Defense - Carry a thing around and use it at designated places. While carrying it you can only use your secondary weapon.

Spy - Avoid traps and other obstacles. If you're detected (in the spy room) the bad guys will delete the data you're there to steal and a timer starts. Avoid detection and get 3x the affinity (experience)

Excavation - Get to a place and defend an excavator. You can do one excavation or multiple. Enemies drop battery packs to fuel the excavators - it takes 3 to give an item enough juice to finish.

Interception - Battle with the enemy to keep control of four points, you gain % the more points you control, and the first team (you or the bad guy) to 100% 'wins'.

NOTE: Endless missions
Defense, survival, excavation, and interception all get harder the longer you stick around. These are great places to farm XP or for other resources. Loot drops come in a rotation that goes A, A, B, C, and then repeats forever. As an example, if you want something that drops from rotation C on defense you'd have to survive 20 rounds for a chance at it, or 40 rounds for a second chance.
Defense

Modifiers - Like the cold that cuts your shields in half sometimes you'll find a random ass modifier that changes some stuff up.

Nightmare - Enemies do more damage and are generally higher level. Random modifiers do things like remove shield, cause a constant bleed effect, or other random ones (low gravity).

Change of Plans - I haven't seen this one recently so it may not be around anymore, but sometimes a mission would suddenly change. Like you'll be halfway through a sabotage mission, and Lotus will say, "Change of plans, wipe them all out" and now you're in an exterminate mission.

Alerts - Special challenges, only up for a limited time, usually with special rewards. Back in the day I used to watch Twitter to keep track of Warframe Alerts so I could get home and reap the rewards if something good came up while I was at work. Now I just play the game and hope not to miss anything good.

Infestation - Sometimes an area of the map will be under attack by the 'infested' and you'll have the option to help out someone. You'll have to do the mission three times, but you'll get a special reward once the outbreak is over. The outbreak ends when all players complete the mission type enough times (marked by a % bar).

Choose a side - Sometimes two factions will fight and you can join in. This is like the infestation mission variation (3 completions required) except you can choose which faction to support / which reward to claim.

Orokin Void / Orokin Derelicts - Special mission areas with variations in enemy strength. High credit rewards with a chance at 'prime' components or other rare rewards. Rare mods can drop in vault areas you can encounter - vaults often feature time based parkour challenges/races to get to the rewards. Vault areas are great for practicing your parkour(parkour!).

Support - Some frames can do things like increase drops, heal the team, buff allies, etc. etc. Trinity and Nekros are a couple of these frames.

Offense - Some frames do damage and their abilities are based around this. Nova is a great damage dealer to crowds of enemies, Ember burns a lot of things but is generally considered to be one of the weaker frames.

Defense - Some frames have abilities that allow you to block off portions of the map, or perform other area of denial sort of abilities. Frost has a snowglobe that blocks incoming fire while slowing those who enter - great for
defense missions.

Crowd Control - A lot of Frames have abilities that allow them to take enemies out of the fight for a bit. Nyx puts illusions into enemy minds so they attack each other. Rhino has a stomp that can stun a group for a short amount of time. Nova is able to slow opponents with one of her damage dealing abilities. Mag can pull enemies away from defense objectives, which can be very helpful at times.

Solo - Some frames make solo play a bit easier. If you want to rush missions Loki is fast and sneaky. If you want to just run and play Rhino is a beast.

Situational - Some frames really shine in certain areas. Mag is great against Corpus because they use shields and Mag can nuke shields.

Other - Some frames are 'meh'. Oberon is alright, but doesn't really shine anywhere. Some are fun to play, but not necessarily the best options.

If you're interested in a particular play style you're best option is to post your preferred style and look for advice or to go to the wiki and read up on the various frames there.

Crit - Weapons have a crit chance and a crit damage modifier. Some weapons are better specced towards crits than others. Soma has a high crit chance and can get up to 75+ percent crit chance with something like a x4(or higher) modifier. Other weapons have lower crit ranges so it's not worth building towards that.

Reload/Clip Size/etc. - Most of this is pretty self explanatory, and you'll usually care more about damage than these things. Fire rate can increase your DPS, reload might be good if you have a small clip size, but for the most part these are personal preference.

Damage Types - Impact, Puncture, Slash = Most weapons are comprised of some combination of these three damage types. They perform differently against different enemies, but only really matter when it comes to mods (I'll explain more under 'mods')

Damage Types - Elemental = Some weapons do elemental damage by default, either in addition to other damage or purely elemental. Other times you can add elemental damage via mods. Elements put debuffs on opponents and perform differently against different opponent types.

Frames - Some frames mean farming a boss over and over, while others might drop at certain points in certain defense missions, or others might come from doing a quest. Regular frame blueprints are always for sale for credits, where the three components are gotten in those other various ways.

Weapons - Most of the time weapons are simple - buy the blueprint and craft it. Sometimes weapons will require other weapons as components. Or two. Some weapons require special parts that drop from boss fights (or other missions) and require farming like frame components.

Prime Items - Prime items are like their regular counterparts but sort of better. Prime weapons always require a certain amount of parts to farm out in order to acquire but are generally slightly better than their non-prime variants. Prime Frame parts are dropped from various different rooking void/derelict areas - a helmet might drop from defense 1, where a systems only drops from survival 3. Prime blueprints can't be bought and must be farmed like the other 3 components. A prime variant counts as a separate item than it's regular counterpart when it comes to mastery rank (more under experience/mastery)

Keys - You can craft keys for various things, it's pretty straightforward.

Other - You can craft cosmetic items if you get the blueprints, or certain rare materials (if you get the blueprints) and stuff like that.

Slots - You have 8 slots available for modding with regular mods, one 'exilus' slot, and one aura slot.

Polarity - Some slots have a symbol in the corner. If you put a mod here with a matching symbol the cost is cut in half. If the symbol doesn't match the cost increases (by 2?).

Aura - Aura mods do various things for the team you're in. Aura mods stack so you could have four people running rifle damage and be dealing +100% + damage with rifles. Having an aura mod in gives you points for slotting mods, double if you have a properly matched polarity.

Exilus - Exilus mods are quality of life mods - things that make you move faster or jump higher. It takes quite a bit of game time before you can really take advantage of exilus mods.

Rank - Mods have ranks and require a certain number of points to equip. You have points equal to your level, plus whatever you're getting from your aura.

Frame Mods - You can mod your frame to do various things such as increased speed, resistance to certain elements, more health, more shields, etc. etc. as well as modify your core frame abilities. There are mods to increase ability strength, duration, range, and power efficiency (reduce cost). Some of these mods are direct (at max rank, cost is reduced by 30%) while others have penalties (cost is reduced by 70%, but range is decreased by 20%). Sometimes these penalties don't matter, sometimes they do. It's not always intuitive what 'stat' effects what ability so your best bet is to look it up on the Wiki. Look up a frame your interested in, then click on "Abilities" find an ability you're curious about then click on "Maximization" and it'll tell you how the ability is affected by various abilities.

Weapon Mods - Increase various stats, add elemental damage, etc. etc. You have to be careful with this at times because some mods will do things like "Add 60% puncture damage" and if you're not paying attention you might put that on a weapons that does 500 damage (400 slashing, 90 piercing, 10 puncturing) and this mod would only increase your damage by 6 (60% of the 10 puncturing your doing). As for elemental mods those just add elemental damage as a percentile of the total weapon damage. So if it does 500 damage and you add 90% fire then you now deal 500 damage and 450 fire. If you put two elemental mods on a weapon they'll combine into a new element.

Companion Mods - Companion mods do various things. Mine has an ability that restores my shields when they drop (on a timed cooldown I believe), some increase drop chance or determine attack order. There's lots of variations.

Mod Order - The order your mods go in matter (sometimes). Left - Right, Top - Bottom. For weapons this determines how elements get combined. If you have cold, electric, fire (in that order) you'll get magnetic (cold + electric) and fire damage. For companions it determines AI - if the first thing you have enabled is "Give me shields" then the thing will give you shields the second they drop. If you have "attack enemies within range" before "Give me shields" then it won't give you shields if there's an enemy in range.

Orokin Catalyst/Reactors (Potatoes) - Called Potatoes by the community because of their shape, these items allow you to double the mod capacity of items (2x level instead of 1x). Occasionally blueprints for these will drop from alerts and/or be rewards for infestation or choosing a side. More commonly people buy them from the store for 20 Plat. If you're being frugal it's wise to save these until you have a frame/weapon you really like.

Forma - Forma is a bit more common than potatoes, but still a rare component that has to be crafted from 'hard to find' blueprints. You can put a piece of Forma into a frame or a weapon in order to change one polarity slot. You can either change one existing polarity slot, or you can add a polarity slot to an otherwise empty one. You can only put Forma onto a level 30 item and doing so resets the item level to 0(unranked).

Leveling - You earn experience by killing things and completing missions. You also have a chance at getting experience as a login reward so it's sometimes a good idea to equip low level stuff before turning the game off - chance to give it a nice boost when it comes back. Some missions are better for farming XP than others - endless missions, especially Draco on Ceres can take a frame or weapon from unranked to max in a short period of time. Abusing this can result in a lack of understanding in your abilities/gear though, so be careful - play the game for a while before you dedicate yourself to farming this mission.

Mastery Rank - Mastery determines a number of things from how many trades you can do in a day, to what gear you can equip, to other various things. Most of this is relatively minor, but it's still nice to level up as much as possible (or at least until you get to rank 8 when you can use everything).

Mastery Experience - The first time you level a piece of equipment it grants mastery. If you level a piece of gear to level 15 and then sell it, but buy it again later it won't gain any mastery experience for you until you hit level 16 with it. If you forma a piece of gear and reset the level to 1 it will not grant mastery experience again. There are item variants that grant their own mastery experience, but these are distinctly different. Mag gives you mastery experience, Mag Prime will also give you mastery experience. A Viper sidearm grants mastery experience, twin vipers grant mastery, wraith twin vipers grant mastery. These are all separate items and grant experience separately. You also gain a small amount of mastery experience the first time you finish a mission. So do missions!

Wall running - If you run and jump at a wall while moving you should run up it for a bit. A bit buggy at times. You can also run along a wall. This can be chained if you jump to an opposing wall after a bit of a run. If you want to run up a wall then jump to the wall behind you can do that as well, but will require you to quickly turn the camera (you seem to need to be facing the wall you want to run up).

Sliding - Tap L1 (sorry, I'm console) while running to slide. If you jump while sliding you'll do a flip. Tap L1 in the air to slide kick and gain momentum. Rinse and repeat for fast movement.

Bullet Jump - Press jump while holding L1 and you'll jump incredibly high/far. It does a small bit of AoE damage when you do so.

Gliding - Aim while flying through the air and your fall speed will lessen and you'll glide gently to safety.

How to Get - Buy it or trade for it.

Buy it? - I generally approach the game from this perspective - I'll spend an amount of money equal to that of a new game for every amount of time I put into it that I would have put into a new game. If a normal game is 30 hours and 60$ I'm willing to spend 60$ for every 30 hours. I'm also what the gaming industry generally refers to as a 'whale' so my opinion may not be worth much. Opposite me are people who play the game without ever spending a cent and they are doing just as fine as I am - there is no need to pay for platinum - especially if you're patient.

Trading? - Detailed write up below

Personal Recommendation - If you like the game and plan on playing a bit I recommend at least buying some. The best value (in my opinion) is the Prime Access pack which costs about 60 or 70 dollars. It comes with some stuff that is hard to get, some experience/credit boosters, and gives you a bunch of Platinum (2700-ish I think). This is enough for you to buy a bunch of frame/weapon slots as well as some quality of life improvements, some reactors/catalysts for your favorite weapons/frames, and enough to buy some hard to get mods from the trade chat that you might want. If you're even reasonable thrifty this amount of Platinum will last you a loooooong time.

What to buy - Slots for your frames and weapons. Orokin Catalysts/Reactors are great for increasing the power of your frames/weapons and are priced decently (20P each) I personally like to purchase Sentinels for Plat rather than craft them because the cost is high (100k for blueprint, more to craft, plus materials) where as if you buy them then the sentinel and the weapon it comes with both have potatoes installed (which would normally be 40P). I've bought some rare mods from other players, I've bought some Void keys from other players I've bought some Prime parts from other players. In rare instances it may be worth it to you to buy a frame - some are exceedingly difficult to farm for (Mesa, Vauban). Some people recommend against Reactors because there tend to be a few blueprints available between new frame releases. This is true, but there are a lot of frames to play catch up on, and if you don't want to wait to upgrade a favorite 20P isn't a lot.

What not to buy:

NEVER BUY CREDITS - This is a rip-off to the 1000th degree. 90P for 30k credits. For 90P you could probably buy 45 void keys from other players and find random people to run them in the recruitment channel which would get you 500k credits. It takes slightly more time but is so, so, so much better of a value.

NEVER BUY MOD PACKS - Five random mods for 75P - random is random. You won't get anything good. If you want specific mods buy them from other players.

NEVER BUY ARMOR CORES - This is almost as big of a rip-off as the credits. Armor cores are easy to come by and can be bought from other players for 1-2P each. 75P for 3 or 5 is just insanely worthless.

NEVER BUY KEY PACKS - Keys can be bought from other players for 2-5(at most!)P each. A key pack gives 3(5?) random keys for 75P. RIPOFF.

Rarely buy crafting materials / NEVER BUY CRAFTING MATERIALS - I'm not going to judge if you're about to craft something and you're one 10P item short of getting it done... meh. There are so many times you need to farm in this game that you can usually work material crafting into your regular farming, so buying materials is something that rarely needs to be done. On the other hand, Keledrath points out that it is a ripoff no matter how you shake it compared to other things.

Rarely buy frames - Frames are a bit pricy, but come with a slot and a potato already installed. If the frame is cheap and you want it... it's not the worst thing in the world. If a frame is absurdly hard to farm and you want it... do what you have to do. The prices are fairly high though.

Rarely buy weapons - Weapons come with a potato and a slot, but good god are they overpriced. Some weapons might be worth it if they have absurdly high crafting requirements, but for the most part I avoid buying weapons. There is one weapon that requires another weapon, that requires two other weapons, etc. etc. that I just bought for Plat because it was easier. Most of the time farming/building is just a better option.

Sometimes Rush - I generally try to time my crafting so that I'll have what I want the following day. For something this doesn't work - frames take 3 days. I have, at times, built the three components normally, then rushed the full frame blueprint for 50P. Generally, rushing isn't a great value, but sometimes.... sometimes it helps.

Choose Cosmetics - You can buy color palettes, there are skins for some frames that change their patterns, cosmetic helmets, cosmetic scarfs. There are cosmetic armor pieces for you and your sentinel. I have a fancy skin for my ship and I used fancy colors on it. I think you can also buy bobbleheads for your ship.

You have to be Mastery Rank 2 and have crafted a dojo key to trade.

You can trade with other players, and is how many players earn Platinum. Generally speaking you can buy/sell mods, certain resources, prime components/blueprints, keys, and a bit more. You can't buy/sell regular frames or regular weapons or blueprints or anything like that.

You can find people to trade with in several places - online at the Wartrade subreddit, online at the trading forum on the warframe forums both have reasonable prices but it's sometimes hard to get into contact with people. Much more commonly there is a trading channel where you can buy/sell things. This place is hectic, but usable. Prices aren't fixed, so you pretty much just need to see what others are selling things for and try to get a comparable price out. Alternatively you can just say, "WTB Nova Prime Helment, PM offers" and you'll get some PMs or you can say, "WTS Nova Prime Systems, PM offers" and you may get some responses.

Once you have a trading partner you go to one of your two guys dojos and use the trading kiosk to trade. There is a tax on platinum just like there are on other things, so don't bother trying to trade if you're broke.

When you join a regular mission the game will group you with other people playing the same mission. Sometimes this'll mean dropping in during the middle of a mission, other times it'll be before it starts. Once you start a mission there's still a chance for people to join you up until a certain point (people can't join survival after 5 minutes for instance). If you're playing the game in 'private' mode you can pause but grouping is disabled.

The void/derelicts don't have public matchmaking, but if you post in the 'recruitment' channel you'll get people looking to join you. Just say, "Hosting T1 Defense", or something and you'll get interest most of the time. Or you can wait for people to post looking for people, but this is a bit hard to do at low levels because they might be looking for specific frames to join the team.

Q: How good of a build is xyz?

A: Find out here (http://warframe-builder.com/)!

Q: Where can I find a specific prime part?

A: Here (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238054770)! Note - Drop tables may be different if you're playing on console. You can find drop tables, by gaming platform, on the warframe wiki as well.

Q: What weapons are good? What should I avoid?

A: This (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YJ0NRnLrCoJ14nponikNRwZ1N1cOM4KRL9aDLwbTfU4/htmlview?usp=sharing&pli=1&sle=true#)isn't mine, it's just something I found on reddit a while back and have found to be fairly valuable. Keledrath points out that some of the information here is invalid and that it also discounts status related builds. All I can attest to is that I chose about a half dozen weapons to build for end-game off the list and I've been happy with all of them. Make sure to take the recommendations in that file with a grain of salt!

Beyond that, I'd simply say to not worry about it too much. You only have to worry about "what's good" pretty far into the game, up until that point just about everything is viable, and many weapons have unique or defining characteristics that make them all fun to use.

Q: Where should I farm for rare cores?

A: Draco, Ceres has a good chance of dropping them at the 'B' rotation (3 rounds).
Triton Neptune drops them in the 'A' rotation with about a 25% rate. You can get in, do 2 extractors, and leave, or you can stick around a bit longer for a second, third, or fourth shot at A rotation.
Caelus, Uranus is an archwing mission that has a pretty decent drop rate for cores on rotation A (waves 1, 2, 5, 6, etc.)

Q: Where should I farm for XP/Affinity?

A: Draco, Ceres - but avoid doing this if you're new to the game. You can really confuse yourself if you wind up overpowered with no understanding of the game mechanics.
Any defense mission.
Spy missions - if you remain undetected in a spy room (each spy mission has 3 rooms) you get triple the XP from them. Better for leveling weapons, because your frame selection is probably a bit limited (Loki) if you're trying the stealth approach.

Vhaidara
2015-09-16, 01:11 PM
Subbing.

Well, I'll be farming up credits and materials this weekend. Still need my nunchuks.

Krazzman
2015-09-16, 01:39 PM
Please add me to the PC round up (Krezdorim).

Just got some Delta Beacon o.O i'll google it up now.

Vhaidara
2015-09-16, 02:01 PM

It was used for making the key to fight Vay Hek before they added him as a normal node on earth.

Typewriter
2015-09-16, 02:02 PM
I added a bunch of 'help' sections to the post - it's all written from the basis of personal opinion/perspective so if anyone thinks that some changes are necessary please let me know.

You're added, and if I recall correctly it's an old event item that currently does nothing. I had to look it up when it happened to me too.

Vhaidara
2015-09-16, 02:16 PM
Notes:
Capture: Ug. Console controls :P
Endless Missions: You say 15 and 35 for C rotation, but it's 20 and 40
Damage Types: Impact, Puncture, Slash
Rarely Buy Crafting Material: This should be a NEVER in bold size 5 font. If you want to spend the plat, spend it on the BLUEPRINTS for Neurodes, Neural Sensors, and O-cells. Seriously, total ripoff. I also recommend against buying Reactors, but for buying Catalysts. There's usually 2-3 reactor blueprints between frame releases, but weapon releases are FAR more common than catalyst alerts.

I'd also add links to Warframe Builder (http://warframe-builder.com/) and the drop table for Prime parts (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238054770)

Also, commentary on the weapon list: It's pretty bad. The Vectis Prime is disappointing, but unless you have Primed Chamber I can't really see how it's a DPS loss. Also, they place no value on Status build weapons, where things like the Lecta and the Dark Dagger can shine (radiation/Viral EVERYWHERE)

Typewriter
2015-09-16, 02:36 PM
Notes:
Capture: Ug. Console controls :P
Endless Missions: You say 15 and 35 for C rotation, but it's 20 and 40
Damage Types: Impact, Puncture, Slash
Rarely Buy Crafting Material: This should be a NEVER in bold size 5 font. If you want to spend the plat, spend it on the BLUEPRINTS for Neurodes, Neural Sensors, and O-cells. Seriously, total ripoff. I also recommend against buying Reactors, but for buying Catalysts. There's usually 2-3 reactor blueprints between frame releases, but weapon releases are FAR more common than catalyst alerts.

I'd also add links to Warframe Builder (http://warframe-builder.com/) and the drop table for Prime parts (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238054770)

Also, commentary on the weapon list: It's pretty bad. The Vectis Prime is disappointing, but unless you have Primed Chamber I can't really see how it's a DPS loss. Also, they place no value on Status build weapons, where things like the Lecta and the Dark Dagger can shine (radiation/Viral EVERYWHERE)

I have acknowledge all of the points you brought up, though I also included notes alongside some of them. I did keep the link to the weapon list because it has done a lot of good for me (and it's a better starting place than nowhere) but I did include your comments about it discounting status builds and being inaccurate on some points.

EDIT: I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the reason he states the DPS is lower is because of the mods charged/primed chamber. It also looks to have a higher base damage, but lower slash damage which may be factored into certain builds the individual that created the sheet may have been accounting for.

Eldariel
2015-09-16, 03:20 PM
It was used for making the key to fight Vay Hek before they added him as a normal node on earth.

Aye, the keys are still perfectly functional but the only difference in the node on Oro and the node the key opens up seems to be that the key Vay Hek is of higher level. However, if you go to Inventory -> Resources, you can sell the Beacons I believe so you can use them as supplemental credit caches if you feel so inclined.

Vhaidara
2015-09-16, 03:23 PM
EDIT: I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the reason he states the DPS is lower is because of the mods charged/primed chamber. It also looks to have a higher base damage, but lower slash damage which may be factored into certain builds the individual that created the sheet may have been accounting for.

Charged Chamber isn't enough to make the difference, I think. Primed Chamber is, but that's the rarest mod in the game by miles (DE gives it as contest rewards, it sells for somewhere in the vicinity of 1mil plat or something like that). So it has absolutely nothing to do with 99.999% of the community.

Typewriter
2015-09-16, 03:30 PM
Charged Chamber isn't enough to make the difference, I think. Primed Chamber is, but that's the rarest mod in the game by miles (DE gives it as contest rewards, it sells for somewhere in the vicinity of 1mil plat or something like that). So it has absolutely nothing to do with 99.999% of the community.

Fair enough - I was looking at the wiki for justification for why he said the DPS was lower and that was an element that was specifically called out.

Vhaidara
2015-09-16, 03:33 PM
Yeah.

However, there's even a fix for that. Depleted Reload drops the Vectis Prime's clip size down to 1, on top of a sizable increase to reload speed. So now it works with Primed/Charged Chamber, and shoots faster on top of that.

Typewriter
2015-09-16, 03:38 PM
Yeah.

However, there's even a fix for that. Depleted Reload drops the Vectis Prime's clip size down to 1, on top of a sizable increase to reload speed. So now it works with Primed/Charged Chamber, and shoots faster on top of that.

Yeah, but then that's one fewer damage mods that you have on.

So, this is what I found from a quick search on reddit:

Here's a quick and dirty reason why normal Vectis does more damage.

Every two shots is a good cut that represents the nyquist frequency for capturing damage data.

0.75 seconds delay between first and second shot on Vectis prime, followed by 0.9 second reload (since we shave off the fire rate delay with the fast reload.) This is 1.65 seconds per two shot over infinitely long time.

Compare to normal vectis with 0.9 second reload and eliminated fire rate delay. 1.8 seconds per two shots.

This end up being a very very small difference that doesn't matter.

In addition, since Charged Chamber represents a significant damage increase which compounds with ELEMENTAL MODS in addition to base damage mods, The single shot of the Vectis will therefore do 14.8k damage on average with 4 90% elemental mods, serration, heavy caliber, split chamber all maxed on average when multishot chance is taken into account.

The damage from charged chamber is a WHOPPING

No mods on Vectis Prime can possibly compensate for this, since elementals add around 1k by themselves, nor can the additional base damage, which only compounds with the elemental mods and is not stacked on top like charged chamber. The addition of Shred to try to make the Vectis Prime shoot faster also further drops the damage per shot due to opportunity costs. Nor does it make sense to reload the Vectis Prime after the first shot, since it is 1.65 seconds to get the weapon ready again in total regardless of whether or not you fire the second shot, so you might as well fire it.

Vectis gets a huge damage boost over Vectis Prime.

Eldariel
2015-09-16, 03:39 PM

Basically, without Depleted Reload, Vectis Prime cannot be reloaded instantaneously after shooting both shells but it has to wait one more "fire rate" to do it. Vectis can be manually reloaded instantaneously. Depleted Reload fixes that but gives you serious mod slot issues: if you go for max DPS, you have to give up on either crit or Heavy Caliber (which is fine at ranges but DPS-wise if you're using it as a lever-action rifle at middle ranges, it hurts like hell). Thus, overall you end up with less though it's not without conditionals and Depleted Reload did fix the one huge issue the gun had (but to make the most out of Depleted Reload DPS, you have to aim, reload and fire helluva fast so it's mostly theoretical too).

NEO|Phyte
2015-09-16, 05:22 PM
Patch day has brought us a new quest, go see Darvo on the relay, and watch for spoilers.

IFenrys
2015-09-16, 08:19 PM
Basically, without Depleted Reload, Vectis Prime cannot be reloaded instantaneously after shooting both shells but it has to wait one more "fire rate" to do it. Vectis can be manually reloaded instantaneously. Depleted Reload fixes that but gives you serious mod slot issues: if you go for max DPS, you have to give up on either crit or Heavy Caliber (which is fine at ranges but DPS-wise if you're using it as a lever-action rifle at middle ranges, it hurts like hell). Thus, overall you end up with less though it's not without conditionals and Depleted Reload did fix the one huge issue the gun had (but to make the most out of Depleted Reload DPS, you have to aim, reload and fire helluva fast so it's mostly theoretical too).

If the multishot changes do what they're expected to, Split Chamber will work as a semi-reliable fix too :D
Though it would be nice to knock off that extra 10 percent and bring it up to 100% multishot.

Krazzman
2015-09-17, 04:31 AM
can't do the quest since I still only did one mission on sedna so far :O

Currently going for the Chroma Quest. Leveling Valkyr soon (it's still unranked) then Vauban who should finish in ~12 hours.

Leon
2015-09-17, 04:47 AM
That was a fun lil quest. Got a rare cache while doing the rescue aswell so it was a nice bonus

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-17, 08:51 AM
The new quest and noggle are a nice nod to the community and fan comics. It's sadly very short, however.

I finally finished forma-ing my Tigris and have moved on to the new Cernos. I'm going to see how it works with Shred and Critical Delay. It might eat a forma or two, too.

Krazzman
2015-09-17, 09:23 AM
Contemplating my actions....

Valkyr seems fun with her invicibility (just got her to rank 10, couldn't test it yet.) But I don't know if I should potatoe her since I only got 50 plat left again and dunno about Vauban or Chroma (have yet to start the quest....)
Another problem is I really start to like the Sancti castanas. The normal Castanas were crap but the syndicate one? It was basically the reason I survived the Defense mission just yet, joined with a rank 5 valkyr since I forgot to switch to Frost...
Dunno how to mod them though, Got Hornet Strike on them as well as the Fire Rate and Multishot Mod. Which has a drain of 11 right now (Hornet Strike just for +140% right now).
But I don't want to "waste" an reactor on it since I already have the Lex Prime.... which I basically never use...

Currently building the Viper and Sicarus Prime. As well as some other stuff I had resources for. Vauban will also finish in 5 hours.

Also need to farm T3 Sabotage and T3 Mobile Defense for Scindo Prime Blade... maxed out Perrin in it's current status but can't advance and as such just buy the Void Key Pack everytime I hit the limit or I am really close to it.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-17, 09:38 AM
Also need to farm T3 Sabotage and T3 Mobile Defense for Scindo Prime Blade... maxed out Perrin in it's current status but can't advance and as such just buy the Void Key Pack everytime I hit the limit or I am really close to it.

I have spares of both of those keys, so I'd be happy to bring you along on some void runs.

mangosta71
2015-09-17, 11:50 AM
In your guide stuff, I would note that putting forma into an item requires that item to already be level 30. Also, it drops the item to level 0 rather than level 1.

Krazzman
2015-09-17, 11:54 AM
I have spares of both of those keys, so I'd be happy to bring you along on some void runs.

Sent out an Friend request.

Typewriter
2015-09-17, 12:20 PM
In your guide stuff, I would note that putting forma into an item requires that item to already be level 30. Also, it drops the item to level 0 rather than level 1.

Changes are made, thanks :)

Krade
2015-09-17, 12:54 PM
So if anyone needs some Chesa imprints I've got a couple. Completely unimpressive pattern/color, but if you need it for the mastery I'll let them go cheap.

IFenrys
2015-09-17, 01:07 PM
There appears to be a noggle statue of Clem in the market. I want it so bad, but I'm 5 plat short :(

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-17, 01:23 PM
So if anyone needs some Chesa imprints I've got a couple. Completely unimpressive pattern/color, but if you need it for the mastery I'll let them go cheap.

If you still have it, I will gladly take it before passing it along to the next person.

Krazzman
2015-09-17, 01:36 PM
If you still have it, I will gladly take it before passing it along to the next person.

4 rounds of Assassinate Mutalist Alad V and I have all 3 Mesa Blueprints mwahahahaha :D

On a different note: what a hard boss that is... ok not hard but annoying...

got kicked out of the Catalyst alert and... well I can't reconnect

Typewriter
2015-09-17, 02:56 PM
4 rounds of Assassinate Mutalist Alad V and I have all 3 Mesa Blueprints mwahahahaha :D

I got real lucky with that. I had two keys and joined a keyshare. Host used his and the other 2 guys bailed after (despite having shown their keys at the start). I felt bad for the guy so I put together a key share of my own and offered to use 2 since the original host didn't have one now. Everyone agreed and we wound up getting everything we needed - the last run was the systems, which was the only thing that the first guy needed all along - he'd already done 12 runs (3 key shares) before I joined him.

Krade
2015-09-17, 03:18 PM
I got real lucky with that. I had two keys and joined a keyshare. Host used his and the other 2 guys bailed after (despite having shown their keys at the start). I felt bad for the guy so I put together a key share of my own and offered to use 2 since the original host didn't have one now. Everyone agreed and we wound up getting everything we needed - the last run was the systems, which was the only thing that the first guy needed all along - he'd already done 12 runs (3 key shares) before I joined him.

I also got lucky (my friend even more since I put up an extra key instead of him). Our first Keyshare just a couple days after Mesa's release and we got all 3 parts. That was pretty cool.

I've moved on to the Synoid Simulor. I like it. I appreciate that it's clearly better than the regular one without actually being stronger. Just faster fire rate and reload speed with a clip size buff (also 3 innate polarities are nice). It's only big drawback is it's completely useless past about 20-25 yards.

Typewriter
2015-09-17, 03:31 PM
I also got lucky (my friend even more since I put up an extra key instead of him). Our first Keyshare just a couple days after Mesa's release and we got all 3 parts. That was pretty cool.

I've moved on to the Synoid Simulor. I like it. I appreciate that it's clearly better than the regular one without actually being stronger. Just faster fire rate and reload speed with a clip size buff (also 3 innate polarities are nice). It's only big drawback is it's completely useless past about 20-25 yards.

I had a lot of fun with the regular Simulor in a corpus survival mission. It wasn't fully leveled yet, but I had a couple decent mods in it. I was just far enough away from a doorway that enemies would spawn on the other side and rush in - and I was just sitting there spamming fire at the door. The end result was that I never saw an enemy, I would just see red blips appear on my map and run towards the door then disappear.

I'm looking forward to the upgraded version :)

Krazzman
2015-09-17, 03:47 PM

Jeah. I believe some guy that already left our clan was also farming it and just had about 30 runs on that one. At the end I believe he bought Mesa.

But I can only build one piece, missing Neural Sensors and an Argon Crystal.

Also I just don't get Simaris. I scanned a bit and got 364 points despite always seeing 50 on top of me... apparently it does not count when other people in your squad scan something.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-17, 08:37 PM

There are a couple other changes that aren't documented between the Synoid and normal Simulor. The Synoid fires faster projectiles, meaning they go further, has a larger explosion radius, and only needs 4 orbs to get everything sucking properly. Even with all the buffs, I'd rather use another gun, but, hey, they're there!

Leon
2015-09-17, 08:51 PM
I just bought the BP for the reg one and i have seen it in action and im not looking forward to it but Hey whats another bit o Mastery Fodder in the large pile of it already

Leon
2015-09-17, 09:12 PM
Jeah. I believe some guy that already left our clan was also farming it and just had about 30 runs on that one. At the end I believe he bought Mesa.

But I can only build one piece, missing Neural Sensors and an Argon Crystal.

Also I just don't get Simaris. I scanned a bit and got 364 points despite always seeing 50 on top of me... apparently it does not count when other people in your squad scan something.

Maybe you ran out of Rep bonus, i noticed the other day i wasnt getting any from the scans we were doing and that was wht

Codenpeg
2015-09-17, 10:14 PM
Thiyr and I are having the luck of our lives, only 3 T3Sabs and we found ourselves a Loki Prime System. About dang time! And one shot Carrier Prime Blueprint AND one shot Carrier Prime Systems!

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-18, 09:03 AM
Thiyr and I are having the luck of our lives, only 3 T3Sabs and we found ourselves a Loki Prime System. About dang time! And one shot Carrier Prime Blueprint AND one shot Carrier Prime Systems!

I may still have some T3E keys if you two want to gun for the carapace later tonight.

On another note I intend on running a raid at about 8PM EST, too for all interested parties.

Eldariel
2015-09-18, 09:08 AM
So, the Proxy Rebellion alert has the Hyena Ngs spawning with the Assassination level mechanics instead of normal Defense levels. Of course you'll have to deal with multiple level 50 Hyenas from like wave 4-5 through the whole thing. Then there's also the Bursa permaknockdownlocks (I had Bursa knockdowns last like 2 seconds extra when I wasn't running Handspring). Not a problem in and of itself but seems highly unlikely this is intended. On the flipside, the Bursas dropped a Tempo Royale for me. That was pretty nice.

Vhaidara
2015-09-18, 09:29 AM
Yeah, day 1 of the Proxy Rebellion makes me very scared. So far, my imagination has gone wild with the possible day 4 enemy.

Assassination target: Lynx Hunter Pack. 4 Zanuka Hunters with a Lynx-style set of protective drones. That are all Raptors

On a more serious note, this feels like it is implying that Hyenas and Bursas might become standard enemies.

Krazzman
2015-09-18, 10:01 AM
Yeah, day 1 of the Proxy Rebellion makes me very scared. So far, my imagination has gone wild with the possible day 4 enemy.

Assassination target: Lynx Hunter Pack. 4 Zanuka Hunters with a Lynx-style set of protective drones. That are all Raptors

On a more serious note, this feels like it is implying that Hyenas and Bursas might become standard enemies.

I liked that alert. It was pretty easy in the group I was in. Got me a load of Polymere bundles which went into crafting stuff.

I may still have some T3E keys if you two want to gun for the carapace later tonight.

On another note I intend on running a raid at about 8PM EST, too for all interested parties.

This should be around... 2am for europe, right? IF I am online then, why not :D

Almarck
2015-09-18, 11:27 AM
Almarck. PC player. Please add me to the list me for posterity.

I just got MR20 a few days ago.

Krazzman
2015-09-18, 12:06 PM
Fanged Fusillade and Primed Ravage... should I even bother with one of those?

I just don't know... and the cosmetics aren't to my liking :( and I was really pumped about him... the Relay chat basically exploded with anger...

Almarck
2015-09-18, 12:29 PM
That's just people complaining about items returning for the second or third time.

In any case, I like to use Fanged on my Dread because it's such a big damage boost. Ravage I haven't maxed out yet, but I can see it doing good in certain scenarios, particularly on shotguns with high crit stats.

I make extensive use of the cosmetics myself. I use all of the Prisma Daedelus set with my Excal for a neat look when combined with the Proto armor. They're also super cheap, so there's really no reason not to get the cosmetics.

Mobius Twist
2015-09-18, 12:46 PM
The proxy rebellion doesn't have much of a plotline yet, does it?

I went in with a Strun and a wide-area Frost build and did okay. The low levels of the proxies lent themselves well to getting frozen en masse and while the snowglobe went down frequently due to lower strength I found that refreshing it and kicking the proxies out of the immediate area of the defense artifact did the job well enough.

The area denial bursa was incredibly annoying between the rapid-fire knockdown waves and something kept lobbing sticky nullifier grenades at me, but aside from that all the rounds were fun.

We even had a brand new Excalibur spending his time crouching in the back and tactically taking pot-shots at bots with a Lato.

Eldariel
2015-09-18, 02:19 PM
The thing throwing the grenades is the bursa itself. Isolator Bursa is equipped with Nullifier Grenade Lobbers but you can roll (press shift) to get out of it. This second part was pitifully short. It's like Infested Nightmare, you'd expect a scaling in difficulty but then you get a huge downer.

Leon
2015-09-18, 03:31 PM
The first time i did it i think i was the reason we killed Hyena's in a Timely manner with my Anti Armour Sidearm, Second time around they all died much fast given 3 of us had done it before so knew exactly what we were going to be fighting and both Bursa and Hyena dropped incredibly fast. Otherwise Corpus Go Boom with Mag P for the win.

Eldariel
2015-09-18, 05:34 PM
So, did some Capture runs and some math, came at the following conclusions. Efficiently running 1 hour of:

T3/4 Captures yields about 3.5 million credits an hour with all the current multipliers.
Raids yields about 2.4 million credits an hour.
T2 Captures yields about 2.3 million credits an hour.

I'll just have to get baseline values for T3/4 Exterminates, Sechura, Akkad and T4 Survival (with caches) to do more comprehensive comparisons, but I can fairly confidently say that (as everyone probably knew) T3/4 Captures are the best source of money in the game - T2 Caps compare surprisingly well to running the Raid tho and are probably less demanding group setup wise to realize the credits in.

I currently lack the T3/4 Ext keys to test properly though I could of course just run a bunch and extrapolate. I estimate it'll probably give lower credit/minute than T2 Caps tho. Sechura and Akkad I need proper benchmarks for a fast run on and a slightly more optimized group for T4 Surv. Off the top of my head they can all get around ~120k-150k per run tho and T4 Surv obviously has 5 mins minimum while Sechura and Akkad should probably finish a bit faster with good groups.

Either way, the best non-Void (craftable key/keyless) mission to farm for credits is probably the Raid followed by Sechura/Akkad.

Leon
2015-09-18, 06:32 PM
Ive 40 T2 Capture Keys, used my 10 T3s last night, going to rebuild what i used to transmute i think

Krade
2015-09-18, 06:44 PM

I'm down. I've never done it before, but I'm confident I at least have the necessary gear to fill one or more of the required rolls.

Krazzman
2015-09-18, 06:49 PM
I'm down. I've never done it before, but I'm confident I at least have the necessary gear to fill one or more of the required rolls.

I am still sober so... count me in too. had planned to drink a bit but ended up playing all night.

Vhaidara
2015-09-18, 06:51 PM
By the way, I will trade keys for anyone who has T4 Exterminates

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-18, 07:13 PM

I am still sober so... count me in too. had planned to drink a bit but ended up playing all night.

My apologies, but grocery shopping ran long, so I will be another 20 to 30 minutes. That being said, even if you are drunk, if you are Mirage, you'll manage just by spamming Prism

Codenpeg
2015-09-18, 07:17 PM
My apologies, but grocery shopping ran long, so I will be another 20 to 30 minutes. That being said, even if you are drunk, if you are Mirage, you'll manage just by spamming Prism

I'd be ready to rock as well

Krazzman
2015-09-18, 08:57 PM

I had fun. Would like to do that again but doubt it will come to it again. Six hours time difference is just too hard.

I could've gone with mirage but she isn't finished. .. none of my frames are...

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-19, 10:49 AM
I had fun. Would like to do that again but doubt it will come to it again. Six hours time difference is just too hard.

I could've gone with mirage but she isn't finished. .. none of my frames are...

I don't blame you. Also, apologies to Krade who got kicked to the Liset after completing the first mission segment. We als lost someone during the first segment, too.

In the future, it may be better for me to supply keys but not host. I blame my Michigan internet connection.:smallsigh:

Almarck
2015-09-19, 12:52 PM
Anyone else having problems connecting? It seems the servers are getting DDoSed again.

Leon
2015-09-19, 01:09 PM
The Proxies are rebelling

Krazzman
2015-09-19, 02:20 PM
I don't blame you. Also, apologies to Krade who got kicked to the Liset after completing the first mission segment. We als lost someone during the first segment, too.

In the future, it may be better for me to supply keys but not host. I blame my Michigan internet connection.:smallsigh:
We lost Krade? Damn he was so pumped for it. Still wondering how I got to 1% of damage in the first part.
That connection held at least one German.
Did the alert. Was easy. Got the twin vipers being built and now have these ones.

Eldariel
2015-09-19, 05:19 PM
Some further credit farm optimization:

- Akkad and Yursa seem to reliably give about 130k in about 4-4½ mins (comps attempted: Speed Nova/Hydroid/Chroma/Nekros, Speed Nova/2 Chroma/Nekros, 3 Chroma/Nekros). Giving it an average of 4 mins 20 secs, this gives us 1.8 million an hour. Sechura is less reliable due to some maps having ridiculous spawn distances, as such it averages less than that.
- Hieracon is now my favorite open farm location. There's a number of rooms any of which serves fine. If you get a decent run with 3 Chroma/Nekros, you're looking at about 170k in about 6 mins - it's only 1.7 million an hour but unlike Defense, Survival has both, 5*R5Core and 3*U3Core in A-rotation so you get some decent rewards while at it. Also, unlike Defense, a Survival run isn't overtly disrupted by syndicate death squad or stalker spawns - mission progression isn't hindered aside from doors being sealed by some spawns (slowing enemy spawns down) and New Loka drawing an absurd amount of firepower away from the farm targets.

So for now, my cred farm table looks like this (purely credit-wise; again, I prefer Hieracon due to rewards): T3/4 Caps > Raid > T2 Caps > Yursa/Akkad > Hieracon > T4/3 Survival > Sechura

I'll still have to test T3/4 Exterminates run by a competent team for completeness's sake. I'm having trouble seeing pushing it much under 3 mins per run tho, particularly with Nullifiers and Healers requiring focus from the AOE killers.

Krade
2015-09-19, 11:12 PM
Here's the mission report for today's Proxy Rebellion mission. I was gonna say something about my one team mate's inability to kill anything, but then I remembered he didn't even see half the things I killed. I didn't give him the opportunity to do more. He was also Trinity while I was Mag P, so there's that.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/430447961047209089/48148EF7F0A4953812B06A02BC6C550329F3CA34/

Krazzman
2015-09-20, 03:17 AM
Here's the mission report for today's Proxy Rebellion mission. I was gonna say something about my one team mate's inability to kill anything, but then I remembered he didn't even see half the things I killed. I didn't give him the opportunity to do more. He was also Trinity while I was Mag P, so there's that.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/430447961047209089/48148EF7F0A4953812B06A02BC6C550329F3CA34/

Wow o.O

I believe I am going to farm for some Prime frames next. Got 2 Slots atm but one is already reserved for Mesa and I have all parts for Hydroid.
Couldn't play much yesterday (only did the alert) because soem friends invited me to online Cards against humanity...

Partysan
2015-09-20, 04:29 AM
So, I actually managed to beat the first two rebellion quests, mostly by getting into groups with properly decked out people. Nice rewards. No Pluto for me though, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't survive in a 25-30 survival mission for two minutes, so that's probably ok.

The whole syndicate farming thing gets old after a while. Also, the new ranks are really effing expensive. I'm beginning to think this was supposed to be endgame content.

Soma is levelling nicely. I'm not as much a fan of weapons with high rates of fire and low individual damage on the shots but this one is ok, I can se why people would like it. The damage output and large magazine sure are decent.

After maxing the Kubrow and Carrier I built a Wyrm, it's still fresh and new.

Else not up to much at the moment. Not as motivated to play and the lack of platinum really starts to hurt. Still waiting for that discount.

Eldariel
2015-09-20, 09:07 AM
Okay, T4/3E - Saryn, Saryn, Trinity, Useless got us 3 min/mission (including animations, mission select, ending and such) so we're talking about approximately 20 runs per hour at about 115000 credits each. This puts them at about 2.3 million/hour, approximately the same as T2 Caps, slightly below the Raid. However, I'll run some more with an experienced Volt in the last slot later - I believe we might be able to cut out some margins.

That puts my estimations of credit farm efficiency at T3/4 Caps > Raid > T3/4 Exts & T2 Caps > Yursa/Akkad > Hieracon > T4/3 Survival > Sechura.

Krazzman
2015-09-20, 11:44 AM
Okay, T4/3E - Saryn, Saryn, Trinity, Useless got us 3 min/mission (including animations, mission select, ending and such) so we're talking about approximately 20 runs per hour at about 115000 credits each. This puts them at about 2.3 million/hour, approximately the same as T2 Caps, slightly below the Raid. However, I'll run some more with an experienced Volt in the last slot later - I believe we might be able to cut out some margins.

That puts my estimations of credit farm efficiency at T3/4 Caps > Raid > T3/4 Exts & T2 Caps > Yursa/Akkad > Hieracon > T4/3 Survival > Sechura.

And I'm sitting here just running Sechura/Seimeni like a moron :O

Eldariel
2015-09-20, 12:33 PM
If you have (Speed) Nova, Chroma, Nekros or (Pilfering) Hydroid, Yursa/Akkad is the way to go. Chroma or Nekros is sufficient for Hieracon (it also has Cores as rewards, which is nice). Void runs use more specialized comps of course (but just "Volt" is pretty good for Caps and "Saryn"/"Equinox"/"Mag" for Exts).

EDIT: To extrapolate, the issue with Sechura is that some of the maps are huge and have insane spawn distances so runs take much, much longer than in a small, compact map like Yursa or Akkad. Seimeni is even worse as the pod does the merry-go-round between waves which wastes stupid amounts of time and at worst happens between each wave. Thus, while they have slightly higher base credits (10k more with 4*multipliers, I believe), the extra time makes them far, far less profitable.

Krazzman
2015-09-20, 01:53 PM
If you have (Speed) Nova, Chroma, Nekros or (Pilfering) Hydroid, Yursa/Akkad is the way to go. Chroma or Nekros is sufficient for Hieracon (it also has Cores as rewards, which is nice). Void runs use more specialized comps of course (but just "Volt" is pretty good for Caps and "Saryn"/"Equinox"/"Mag" for Exts).

EDIT: To extrapolate, the issue with Sechura is that some of the maps are huge and have insane spawn distances so runs take much, much longer than in a small, compact map like Yursa or Akkad. Seimeni is even worse as the pod does the merry-go-round between waves which wastes stupid amounts of time and at worst happens between each wave. Thus, while they have slightly higher base credits (10k more with 4*multipliers, I believe), the extra time makes them far, far less profitable.

Only got Necros and "Nova" but not really built toward being good at what they should do. Mag and Volt are quite good though.

I run Seimeni because Orokin Cells and at least some credits. Blew all my captures already...

Eldariel
2015-09-20, 02:00 PM
I run Seimeni because Orokin Cells and at least some credits. Blew all my captures already...

Hmm, to optimize everything you want you could try to setup a Nekros/3 Chroma group for Gabii (Ceres Dark Sector Survival). I don't know the rooms, but you should be able to find some with good spawn locations and just sit there with Effigies while you Desecrate. Other than that, Akkad drops Neurodes so that's not a bad place to go (again with Nekros).

Also, I just got a set of T3/4Es with Saryn/Equinox/Volt/Trinity done and we managed to average about 2:40 per run total. That raises the average gains to 2.6 million which makes it the best run after T3/4 Caps. Tho fairly well-developed builds and good coordination are required here; out of all the mission types, Exterminate probably saves the most time with a coordinated, efficient group.

Krade
2015-09-21, 12:08 AM
Finished forma'ing the Synoid Simulor. Very fun and interesting mechanic. Discovered today that the projectiles will merge with ones fired from other players' Simulors. This opens up a whole world of possible explosions. Wanna try out the standard "Camp-in-the-tube" T4S with everyone using a maxed out Synoid and firing at the entrance. Could probably get to 40 minutes at least before it went from Monstrous overkill to just overkill.

Excited about starting use on the Rakta Cernos. I hear it edges out all the other bows on DPS. The Cernos was my first bow. Should be nostalgic.

Krazzman
2015-09-21, 07:54 AM
Finished forma'ing the Synoid Simulor. Very fun and interesting mechanic. Discovered today that the projectiles will merge with ones fired from other players' Simulors. This opens up a whole world of possible explosions. Wanna try out the standard "Camp-in-the-tube" T4S with everyone using a maxed out Synoid and firing at the entrance. Could probably get to 40 minutes at least before it went from Monstrous overkill to just overkill.

Excited about starting use on the Rakta Cernos. I hear it edges out all the other bows on DPS. The Cernos was my first bow. Should be nostalgic.

So far I tried the MK1 Paris, Paris and Cernos. Did not like any time I played with a bow. Need one more Rank up until my Sancti Tigris though. Which makes me quite happy.

Typewriter
2015-09-21, 08:21 AM
I forgot to do yesterdays event and I'm at work while it finishes up. No 25 cores for me I suppose. I meant to play WF a lot more this weekend - I'm only up to about 2.5 million credits (that's after spending a million on Baro) but the Taken King kept me occupied.

Eldariel
2015-09-21, 01:03 PM
So I managed to reach a bit over 50 million credits over the weekend. I think that's the heaviest grind I have done in about a year but this should have me covered credit-wise for the coming months - I'm just lucky it was this weekend and I was relatively free. In case someone is still farming, here's my complete list of farm locations and expected earnings:
The numbers assume 4*credits, with Credit Booster and 2x event. PS = Power Strength, PD = Power Duration, PR = Power Range, PE = Power Efficiency, DSD = Dark Sector Defense, DSS = Dark Sector Survival. Compositions are the ones tested, this doesn't mean there couldn't be other options. Also, execution and latency between players and such matters of course. Fast loading is particularly important for short, quick runs like Captures and Exterminates; good connection is crucial to do Raid without DCs screwing over the various phases and costing ridiculous amounts of time). Peruse this table (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dsj4QezZ_WfXP16NKVsUF3TINEEb3Dr0NhrOMI913HY/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#) for more precise listing of Void mission drops and probabilities.

Mission
Composition
Average Earnings per Hour
Other rewards

T3 & T4 Capture
2x Volt Prime (max PS)/Zephyr (Jet Stream, max PS)/Nova (Escape Velocity, some PR)
3.5 million
T4 > Volt P BP, 5xR5 Core

T3 & T4 Exterminate
Saryn (min PD, max PS/PR)/Equinox (max PS/PR)/Volt Prime (max PS)/Trinity (max PS/PR)
2.6 million
A number of high value Prime parts

Raid
Trinity (max PS/PR), Loki (max PR), Nova (max PD, 45% PS), Mirage (max PR), Volt (max PS/Stretch), 3 random
2.4 million
Rare Caches for Affinity/Credit Boosters, Detonite Injectors & Rare Cores

T2 Captures
2x Volt Prime (max PS)/Zephyr (Jet Stream, max PS)/Nova (Escape Velocity, some PR)
2.3 million
Some fairly high ducat values

Akkad/Yursa (Eris/Neptune DSD)
Nova (min PS, max PD)/Nekros (max PR/PE, Natural Talent)/Hydroid (Pilfering Swarm, PS/PR)/Chroma (PE/PS)
1.8 million
None of any significance

Hieracon (Pluto DSs)
3 Chroma (PE/PS)/Nekros (max PR/PE, Natural Talent)
1.7 million
5xR5 Core, 3xU3 Core

Sechura (Puto DSD)
Nova (min PS, max PD)/Nekros (max PR/PE, Natural Talent)/Hydroid (Pilfering Swarm, PS/PR)/Chroma (PE/PS)
~1.5 million
None of any significance

@Krazzman: Bows are a curious weapon in that the difference between the base bows and Dread/Paris Prime/Rakta Cernos is enormous. The latter are worlds better and actually all really good weapons, but the baseline weapons are really bad. Also, bows take some mods to truly shine due to their nature as critical-dependent weapons that utilize the charge mechanic.

Vhaidara
2015-09-21, 02:39 PM
Yeah, the base bows are all pretty crap. The Dread, meanwhile, is a mainstay on my fallback build when I just need something effective (Excal, Dread, Telos Akbolto, Tonbo modded for crit to feed Exalted Blade), and it's absolutely beautiful to watch the red crits fly.

Almarck
2015-09-21, 02:54 PM
Yeah, pretty much any weapon that relies on crit damage to compensate for really low base damage is freakishly powerful if you get the mods that support the play style.

Typically, anything with a 20% base crit rate falls under "Crit" weapon and requires a seperate build style when compared to others of its kind.

Vhaidara
2015-09-21, 03:16 PM
Typically, anything with a 20% base crit rate falls under "Crit" weapon and requires a seperate build style when compared to others of its kind.

Not really that cut and dry.
Melee: 15% and up, crit build is a DPS gain because of Berserker.
Secondary: Unless you have Primed Pistol Gambit, don't. If you do, it adds like 2-3 weapons that can work (I don't have it, so I haven't investigated)
Primary: Weapons I run crit on for this category are Bows (except the Daikyu), Amprex (50% base chance), Tonkor (35% base, x2.5 mult), Soma Prime (30%, x3 mult). Note that these are just the ones I have and actuallyhave builds for (potatoed/formaed). I know Fenrys runs a crit Latron Wraith (25% base, x2.5 mult)

Almarck
2015-09-21, 03:31 PM
Not really that cut and dry.
Melee: 15% and up, crit build is a DPS gain because of Berserker.
Secondary: Unless you have Primed Pistol Gambit, don't. If you do, it adds like 2-3 weapons that can work (I don't have it, so I haven't investigated)
Primary: Weapons I run crit on for this category are Bows (except the Daikyu), Amprex (50% base chance), Tonkor (35% base, x2.5 mult), Soma Prime (30%, x3 mult). Note that these are just the ones I have and actuallyhave builds for (potatoed/formaed). I know Fenrys runs a crit Latron Wraith (25% base, x2.5 mult)

Right, I mean on Primaries this is the rule. The others, not so much because of not enough multishot and crit boosting things.

Krazzman
2015-09-21, 05:02 PM
Hmm still I can't use the bows really. Haven't potatoed them too which probably limits them a bit.

I just can't seem to really hit with them. And I just reached Rank 30 with the Braton... don't like the burst method.

Leon
2015-09-21, 08:32 PM
Hmm still I can't use the bows really. Haven't potatoed them too which probably limits them a bit.

I just can't seem to really hit with them. And I just reached Rank 30 with the Braton... don't like the burst method.

Braton's are Full Auto, Burston is the Basic Burst fire rifle

Krazzman
2015-09-22, 05:24 AM
Braton's are Full Auto, Burston is the Basic Burst fire rifle

Braton Burston... both are being disliked.

Formaed my Soma Prime. Since I don't have Shred should I put Metal Auger (unranked) or Frost+Status or just Frost damage on it?

Currently want to go with this:
Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Crit Chance, Viral+Status, Electro, Viral.

Vhaidara
2015-09-22, 05:33 AM
I like the braton for aesthetic reasons. It's nice to have a halfway decent basic assault rifle type gun

Leon
2015-09-22, 06:33 AM
Braton was aesthetically pleasing for me but i found the Karak to be better all round than it was (Karak looks good as well) and these days the pBraton is my main weapon of choice with the Shock camo skin to make it look like normal one.

Shame there has been only one Wraith melee and it was frankly terrible as i now have 3 Wraith Primaries and one Secondary. I leveled the Machete wraith to 30 and threw it out soon after so something better could use its slot.

My pSoma loadout is: Hammershot, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Shred, Serrartion, Split Chamber, Rifle Ammo Mutation and Rnk 8 Heavy Cal

Krazzman
2015-09-22, 07:31 AM
Braton was aesthetically pleasing for me but i found the Karak to be better all round than it was (Karak looks good as well) and these days the pBraton is my main weapon of choice with the Shock camo skin to make it look like normal one.

Shame there has been only one Wraith melee and it was frankly terrible as i now have 3 Wraith Primaries and one Secondary. I leveled the Machete wraith to 30 and threw it out soon after so something better could use its slot.

My pSoma loadout is: Hammershot, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Shred, Serrartion, Split Chamber, Rifle Ammo Mutation and Rnk 8 Heavy Cal

Missing 3 mods for that though :O
No Shred, no RAM and no Heavy Caliber.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-22, 07:59 AM

Depending on your clan status, other equipment, credit level, and planet access, you can get or otherwise substitute two of the three.

Shred is a relatively common nightmare mod, but that requires fully unlocking Earth, Mars, or a higher level planet. That or joining someone who has unblocked nightmare mod for those planets.

Heavy Caliber is amazing but expensive to get to 10/10 and slot into a gun, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting it right now. Vault runs also tend to be a bit uncommon, too.

The ammo mutation mods are pretty common on rotation C excavation on Triton on Neptune. It's also the place to farm fusion cores and T2/T3 keys. You could also buy restore pads from research or Red Veil.

Eldariel
2015-09-22, 08:08 AM

I'd go so far as to say RAM is not worth the dlot (frankly, the same goes for Hammer Shot but it's a decent backup option). Instead, I'd add two elements: Corrosive or Viral are the best in terms of overall multipliers so I recommend one or the other.

Overall, it's optimal for just about every weapon to run at least 2 elemental mods: they multiply all your core damage mods and make majority of your damage a type FAR superior to Puncture/Impact/Slash in terms of multipliers.

With just the mods you currently have, I'd run Serration/Split Chamber/Point Strike/Vital Sense/Hammershot/3 element, eventually dropping Hammershot and 3rd element for Heavy Caliber and Shred upon acquisition.

Krazzman
2015-09-22, 08:10 AM
Depending on your clan status, other equipment, credit level, and planet access, you can get or otherwise substitute two of the three.

Shred is a relatively common nightmare mod, but that requires fully unlocking Earth, Mars, or a higher level planet. That or joining someone who has unblocked nightmare mod for those planets.

Heavy Caliber is amazing but expensive to get to 10/10 and slot into a gun, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting it right now. Vault runs also tend to be a bit uncommon, too.

The ammo mutation mods are pretty common on rotation C excavation on Triton on Neptune. It's also the place to farm fusion cores and T2/T3 keys. You could also buy restore pads from research or Red Veil.

Clan status: Clan leader currently not there. Maybe AWOL.
Red Veil: Unranked but initiated. Will start them as soon as I got the Sancti Tigris and Syndana from New Loka.
Planets fully done: Venus, Mercury and Earth. Only nightmare mission I see on Earth though is Nightmare assassinate... which I don't see myself doing right now

Vauban is rank 30. Mesa is rank 3. Hydroid is being built right now.
Mesa is potatoed. Ranked a Streamline to 25% specially for her and brought fleeting expert to 50%.
Have Redirection on her but heard vitality should be better.

I'd go so far as to say RAM is not worth the dlot (frankly, the same goes for Hammer Shot but it's a decent backup option). Instead, I'd add two elements: Corrosive or Viral are the best in terms of overall multipliers so I recommend one or the other.

Overall, it's optimal for just about every weapon to run at least 2 elemental mods: they multiply all your core damage mods and make majority of your damage a type FAR superior to Puncture/Impact/Slash in terms of multipliers.

With just the mods you currently have, I'd run Serration/Split Chamber/Point Strike/Vital Sense/Hammershot/3 element, eventually dropping Hammershot and 3rd element for Heavy Caliber and Shred upon acquisition.

Ok, I will do that then. Corrosive and Cold. Still one question remains: Normal Viral and Electricity mods or Element+Status? (Only got Malignant Force though).

Leon
2015-09-22, 08:20 AM
Im likely to replace the RAM with Crit delay once i have the Large ammo restore BP but thats a little way off for now and not a high priority as the pSoma was replaced by the supra as my LMG of choice. It is nice to have on tho as you can go "oh im out of all 1k rounds"... quick sprint around and be full again. That and i'd have to Forma it again if i was to change its loadout and i cant be bothered for the above reason.

pBraton used to have one and i got used to it without it fairly fast and it has a fraction of the soma's spare capacity so it shouldn't be too much of a change.

Vitality will give you a significant HP boost and if you keep Shatter shield up as much as possible the lack of shields isn't that noticeable. Go for the Damage over Status, its a Crit weapon so you want more damage for it to "crit" with.

Ah Yes "Optimal" rears its ugly head, do try other things and not just blindly follow whats "optimal" ~ it not always whats best for you and the way you play. You got what was suggested by me because its what works for me not because its XYZ top of the DPS charts or suggested build on WFbuilder.

mangosta71
2015-09-22, 09:44 AM
As we say around the table in my D&D group, dead is the best status effect.

Vhaidara
2015-09-22, 11:30 AM
That's actually far from true in warframe. Radiation is much better than dead. They start shooting each other for you. My silly end game setup is nyx prime, glaxion, atomos, and lecta all modded for rad/viral and status. It's completely redundant in missions under 40 minutes/waves in length, but past a certain point, the enemies are just more effective at killing each other than you are.

Eldariel
2015-09-22, 12:29 PM
Ah Yes "Optimal" rears its ugly head, do try other things and not just blindly follow whats "optimal" ~ it not always whats best for you and the way you play. You got what was suggested by me because its what works for me not because its XYZ top of the DPS charts or suggested build on WFbuilder.

I recommend you should give a two element build on Soma P a go. I wager you might like what you see. And yeah, the WF Builder builds are indeed of questionable value: generally your own logic will serve you better.

Krazzman
2015-09-22, 03:14 PM
Mesa 10. Formaed Quanta. Still need to put Soma Prime to 30. Also currently leveling the Wrath Viper things... it's nice that they have an reactor pre installed.

I just don't know how to mod her to be really effective.

Got Streamline(rank 4), Fleeting Expertise(rank 5), Intensify, Flow and Vitality on her. As well as Steel Charge. What can I add to make her ult more powerful? I don't have Transient Fortitude.

Eldariel
2015-09-22, 03:17 PM
Mesa 10. Formaed Quanta. Still need to put Soma Prime to 30. Also currently leveling the Wrath Viper things... it's nice that they have an reactor pre installed.

I just don't know how to mod her to be really effective.

Got Streamline(rank 4), Fleeting Expertise(rank 5), Intensify, Flow and Vitality on her. As well as Steel Charge. What can I add to make her ult more powerful? I don't have Transient Fortitude.

Only Power Strength improves her ult. Thus, max Efficiency, max Power Strength is all you can do. Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude are your only options to that end. Remember tho, if you keep the fire-button held down on her while ulting the rate of her shots increases which is a massive DPS increase.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-22, 07:41 PM
There are two-to-three Mesa builds. Power Strength plays part in all of them, naturally. Two of them care only about the ult.

Fore the first Peacemaker build, you go for achieve 175% Power Efficiency (Using any combination of Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, and Blind Rage) and then power strength on top of it (Transient Fortitude, Intensify, and Blind Rage again). That uses up 4 or 5 of your mods. Since the only other thing that affects Peacemaker is how much energy you can hold (Primed) Flow is a must. That leaves 1-2 mods left. I use Primed Continuity just in case I have the energy for a Shattershield or Shooting Gallery and then Vitality. You could use Vigor and Redirection, too. For the aura, Steel Charge gives you more capacity,but Rifle Amp just fits better. The second Peacemaker build ditches some efficient for a higher ranked Blind Rage.

The second build focuses more on using the entirety of her kit. I remove Transient Fortitude and Fleeting Expertise for Narrowminded and Stretch. You could also use Transient Fortitude in place of Blind Rage, which may work better, but I still like having over 200% Power Strength.

Eldariel
2015-09-23, 02:26 AM
There are two-to-three Mesa builds. Power Strength plays part in all of them, naturally. Two of them care only about the ult.

Fore the first Peacemaker build, you go for achieve 175% Power Efficiency (Using any combination of Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, and Blind Rage) and then power strength on top of it (Transient Fortitude, Intensify, and Blind Rage again). That uses up 4 or 5 of your mods. Since the only other thing that affects Peacemaker is how much energy you can hold (Primed) Flow is a must. That leaves 1-2 mods left. I use Primed Continuity just in case I have the energy for a Shattershield or Shooting Gallery and then Vitality. You could use Vigor and Redirection, too. For the aura, Steel Charge gives you more capacity,but Rifle Amp just fits better. The second Peacemaker build ditches some efficient for a higher ranked Blind Rage.

Of course, the only aura that really benefits Peacekeeper Mesa is Corrosive Projection so like always, it's generally a good idea to fix the aura polarity with a Forma.

The second build focuses more on using the entirety of her kit. I remove Transient Fortitude and Fleeting Expertise for Narrowminded and Stretch. You could also use Transient Fortitude in place of Blind Rage, which may work better, but I still like having over 200% Power Strength.

This is actually a superb solo build. Shooting Gallery stays on you in solo play so you essentially have a 95% damage reduction from Shattershield and a massive stun zone in Shooting Gallery. Since both, Shooting Gallery and Shattershield have incredible durations, all you really want is Duration and Range. There are many variants of this but suffice to say, they're quite interesting to build and play.

Krazzman
2015-09-23, 03:57 AM

Thanks, that's some superb advice.
Thing is: I got Blind rage at -25% eff. so either putting that one up to get -30% and then upgrade Fleeting Expertise... Problem is: would it be viable without transient Fort? Or is that really a must have? And about Formaing.... I will probably do that, getting CP there is probably a must have but I have to uprank her first.
Currently running: Streamline/Fleeting (175% eff), VItality, Intensify, Flow. Since she is still low level....

Of course, the only aura that really benefits Peacekeeper Mesa is Corrosive Projection so like always, it's generally a good idea to fix the aura polarity with a Forma.

This is actually a superb solo build. Shooting Gallery stays on you in solo play so you essentially have a 95% damage reduction from Shattershield and a massive stun zone in Shooting Gallery. Since both, Shooting Gallery and Shattershield have incredible durations, all you really want is Duration and Range. There are many variants of this but suffice to say, they're quite interesting to build and play.

That second build sounds doable for me atm.

Edit:
Mesa rank 14 to 30 in 3 waves on draco. Seriously that was really fast.
Also killed the Gustrag Three and managed to get a Brakk BP.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-23, 11:38 AM

True, but I tend to alter that slot last since I prefer adding new polarities to changing old ones.

I really need to check if TF and Intensify can hit that 95% reduction point, because that would save me so many energy restore pads.

Thanks, that's some superb advice.
Thing is: I got Blind rage at -25% eff. so either putting that one up to get -30% and then upgrade Fleeting Expertise... Problem is: would it be viable without transient Fort? Or is that really a must have? And about Formaing.... I will probably do that, getting CP there is probably a must have but I have to uprank her first.
Currently running: Streamline/Fleeting (175% eff), VItality, Intensify, Flow. Since she is still low level....

That second build sounds doable for me atm.

Edit:
Mesa rank 14 to 30 in 3 waves on draco. Seriously that was really fast.
Also killed the Gustrag Three and managed to get a Brakk BP.

You don't need all three of the power strength mods. Two will do in a pinch. It just depends on if you would rather pay more to use your powers or have them last a shorter amount of time. I have maxed out all of the corrupted warframe mods and need to get another set of some for tweaking the numbers. As it stands, don't worry about maxing all of them right now.

Eldariel
2015-09-23, 03:05 PM
I really need to check if TF and Intensify can hit that 95% reduction point, because that would save me so many energy restore pads.

You could just ask :smalltongue: Yes, and easily. It's an 80% reduction by default, just Intensify would put it at 104% if it weren't capped.

You don't need all three of the power strength mods. Two will do in a pinch. It just depends on if you would rather pay more to use your powers or have them last a shorter amount of time. I have maxed out all of the corrupted warframe mods and need to get another set of some for tweaking the numbers. As it stands, don't worry about maxing all of them right now.

Hell, she's fine with no power strength mods beyond Intensify (for the reason stated above). Peacekeeper does get the better the more you add to it of course. But even an unmodded Peacekeeper (hell, even the rank 0 Peacekeeper acquired on rank 10) is more than good enough to do work once you start racking up the rate of fire, even vs. like level 30-40 enemies. Of course, it's a simple "the more the merrier" thing tho. But I do run rank 2 Blind Rage in pugs where I don't have guaranteed access to sufficient energy to upkeep the R10 Blind Rage one.

Krazzman
2015-09-23, 03:49 PM
You could just ask :smalltongue: Yes, and easily. It's an 80% reduction by default, just Intensify would put it at 104% if it weren't capped.

Hell, she's fine with no power strength mods beyond Intensify (for the reason stated above). Peacekeeper does get the better the more you add to it of course. But even an unmodded Peacekeeper (hell, even the rank 0 Peacekeeper acquired on rank 10) is more than good enough to do work once you start racking up the rate of fire, even vs. like level 30-40 enemies. Of course, it's a simple "the more the merrier" thing tho. But I do run rank 2 Blind Rage in pugs where I don't have guaranteed access to sufficient energy to upkeep the R10 Blind Rage one.

As mentioned above. rank 14 with only Intensify (and 175% eff and Flow). I got knocked out a few times but else I just kicked ass. I only "died" because instead of Frost the guy came with Ember...

Leon
2015-09-23, 05:36 PM
Weekly repeatable quest now to get more Clem Specters, new Throwing knives and more noggles ~ i said id never buy one till Valkyr came out and well i broke that to buy Clem and now Valkyr is out as well

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-09-23, 07:03 PM
Weekly repeatable quest now to get more Clem Specters, new Throwing knives and more noggles ~ i said id never buy one till Valkyr came out and well i broke that to buy Clem and now Valkyr is out as well

Wait, new throwing knives? Damn, now there's a secondary I haven't maxed.

Krazzman
2015-09-24, 05:33 AM
Secondary is probably the most annoying weapon group. With all their build this to build this to build this to build this. I am missing 7 ferrite for the new throwing knives.

I should start farming ember prime and glaive prime now. Got the sicarus already.

I could build a few of the dojo weapons but would sacrifice forma for them...
current goal is unlocking the dsd on eris and one Archwing mission. Then running dsd on ceres, Uranus and eris for neuroses orokin cells and so on. Uranus for plastids and polymer bundles. Luckily ferrite is easy to get. Mercury defense (lares I believe) with nekros 10 waves gave me a boatload... despite still being 7 short.

Leon
2015-09-24, 06:08 AM
My Jupiter Extractor was nice to me, back to back Neural Sensors. Then there was all ones i picked up from Proxy Rebellions (8 alone from 2 runs of the final mission)

Krazzman
2015-09-24, 03:08 PM
Spira in the foundry, got the 2 Primaries and 2 Melee weapons to level now though. The heavy mace is nearly done at rank 27 but after that comes the Kama. Then dual Kama then Dual Raza(Razor, whatever, ?)
Hydroid will finish in ~17 hours and I need 20450 Mastery until MR 12 and our Clan Lead is finally back. He was really surprised when a new addition to our clan asked him if he needed help with navigating the dojo and somesuch.

IFenrys
2015-09-25, 02:55 PM
So... Ash Prime Access is finally ending. Reddit seems to be certain that Trin Prime is next - has that been confirmed, or is Saryn Prime still a possibility for the next one? And what do you guys think we'll be getting alongside the next Prime frame - the Chinese timed exclusives (Kunai and Nikana Prime) or something else alongside the leaked Sunika Prime Kubrow?

...Which is kinda weird now that I think about it. How would a Primed KUBROW work, exactly? What would we be farming for? Imprints?

Krazzman
2015-09-25, 03:09 PM
MR 12 :D
Hydroid rank 14.
Penta, Tetra and Sancti Tigris are being leveled next. Gonna build Dual kama next.

Almarck
2015-09-25, 05:26 PM
So, I finally came around to ranking up the new Sentinel...

It's... interesting. Certainly a step up from the antiquated Deathcube. It's got really good AoE with its arc coil, yet I still haven't quite figured out how to mod it properly.

NEO|Phyte
2015-09-25, 05:44 PM
So, I finally came around to ranking up the new Sentinel...

It's... interesting. Certainly a step up from the antiquated Deathcube. It's got really good AoE with its arc coil, yet I still haven't quite figured out how to mod it properly.

It was far better before the vulklok got nerfed into the ground (original nerf tanked its accuracy hilariously far considering it's a sniper rifle, it has since been returned to 100% accuracy, but now has a fire rate of something like 0.15)

Krade
2015-09-25, 10:57 PM
LOLNUBS:smalltongue:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/430448599228349498/EB985F60D2B2A13CB8C2B5BE4818E87EFA44DAC7/

Thank god for Antimatter Drop:smallbiggrin:

Krazzman
2015-09-26, 02:38 AM
LOLNUBS:smalltongue:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/430448599228349498/EB985F60D2B2A13CB8C2B5BE4818E87EFA44DAC7/

Thank god for Antimatter Drop:smallbiggrin:

nice.... and I am sitting here not having figured Nova out really...

Tried farming Loki Prime chassis, got Ash prime helmet instead...

Krade
2015-09-26, 11:47 AM
nice.... and I am sitting here not having figured Nova out really...

Tried farming Loki Prime chassis, got Ash prime helmet instead...

I make jokes, but if the other three guys hadn't been doing their jobs (Nekros, Vauban and Trinity) I wouldn't have been able to produce that kind of damage output. There was a point where I was killing things so fast the Trinity couldn't even see anything to EV so, for a while, I actually had to dial it back.

There's three ways to run Nova: Standard Max Power Nova, where Molecular Prime Slows enemies down by 75%. Max Power Strength is also amazing for Antimatter Drop (with 4 CPs, mine is capable of doing ~400k damage). I've seen people use the Augment for Null Star( that lets you detonate the remaining particles to damage enemies around you) with some effectiveness, too, but I haven't played with it yet.

Speed Nova, which tanks Power Strength with Overextended so Molecular Prime makes enemies faster instead of slower. This, unfortunately, makes her other abilities somewhat lackluster and is only useful in specific squad compositions and mission types.

The third type is what I was using for that mission. I don't think there's a name for it in the community at large, but I call it the Neutral Nova. With Overextended and Intensify (which sets your Power Strength at 70%) Molecular Prime doesn't effect enemy speed at all, but it still doubles all damage against them and causes explosions on death. It doesn't completely run the damage of her other powers into the ground either. A fully charged Antimatter Drop was still capable of killing anything at 60 minutes in a T3S with 3 CPs.

So the trick is (when you have a Trinity pumping you full of energy, at least) is to use MP every 30 seconds or so and when you aren't doing that, launch an Antimatter Drop and pump it full of your strongest weapon until it changes completely to your energy color and watch the fireworks.

Krazzman
2015-09-26, 01:07 PM
I make jokes, but if the other three guys hadn't been doing their jobs (Nekros, Vauban and Trinity) I wouldn't have been able to produce that kind of damage output. There was a point where I was killing things so fast the Trinity couldn't even see anything to EV so, for a while, I actually had to dial it back.

There's three ways to run Nova: Standard Max Power Nova, where Molecular Prime Slows enemies down by 75%. Max Power Strength is also amazing for Antimatter Drop (with 4 CPs, mine is capable of doing ~400k damage). I've seen people use the Augment for Null Star( that lets you detonate the remaining particles to damage enemies around you) with some effectiveness, too, but I haven't played with it yet.

Speed Nova, which tanks Power Strength with Overextended so Molecular Prime makes enemies faster instead of slower. This, unfortunately, makes her other abilities somewhat lackluster and is only useful in specific squad compositions and mission types.

The third type is what I was using for that mission. I don't think there's a name for it in the community at large, but I call it the Neutral Nova. With Overextended and Intensify (which sets your Power Strength at 70%) Molecular Prime doesn't effect enemy speed at all, but it still doubles all damage against them and causes explosions on death. It doesn't completely run the damage of her other powers into the ground either. A fully charged Antimatter Drop was still capable of killing anything at 60 minutes in a T3S with 3 CPs.

So the trick is (when you have a Trinity pumping you full of energy, at least) is to use MP every 30 seconds or so and when you aren't doing that, launch an Antimatter Drop and pump it full of your strongest weapon until it changes completely to your energy color and watch the fireworks.

Sounds amazing.
My Nova isn't even potatoed.
Hydroid has no revives because I tried one syndicate mission and my teammates let me alone with a too strong capture target while they went and tried to hunt seeds....

Eldariel
2015-09-26, 02:19 PM

Max Power Strength Nova is quite different from the usual Slow Nova; you only need 45% Power Strength so Rank 4 Blind Rage or Rank 8 Transient Fortitude or Intensify + Rank 2 Blind Rage are all sufficient. Max Power Strength is almost only for MPrime detonation damage and is usually impractical; the costs of the Power Strength mods tend to be more than the value you get out of it especially since the detonation of MPrime is generally the weakest part of the ability. Coincidentally, this is why the third V is unfortunate on Nova Prime; you pretty much have to Forma it away as there's no use for it.

The thing to remember is that Antimatter Drop is practically unaffected by Power Strength (only the minimal flat damage is affected; the multiplier is x4 regardless of PS so the difference between 284% PS and 40% PS is around ~100 damage out of millions - inexistent). Same with Molecular Prime damage multiplier. Overall, Power Strength doesn't matter on Nova except for Molecular Prime speed multiplier so your damage abilities remain the same regardless of your mods. Since the slow is capped at 75% Power Strength and the scaling is linear, there's almost never a reason to run over +45% on her. Thus it's between -60% and +45%; anything else is senseless.

IFenrys
2015-09-26, 02:33 PM
Well, as of now I have the Vaykor Hek, Rakta Cernos and Secura Penta from the pool of syndicate primaries. Now I just need the Sancti Tigris and I've got all of the ones I can get on my own.

If anyone needs the Rakta Cernos, I have the extra standing and would be willing to pass it on. Got nothing else to do with the standing, really. Already have more Charger Specters than I know what to do with.

Krazzman
2015-09-26, 02:59 PM
Well, as of now I have the Vaykor Hek, Rakta Cernos and Secura Penta from the pool of syndicate primaries. Now I just need the Sancti Tigris and I've got all of the ones I can get on my own.

If anyone needs the Rakta Cernos, I have the extra standing and would be willing to pass it on. Got nothing else to do with the standing, really. Already have more Charger Specters than I know what to do with.

I am willing to trade. Can get you the Sancti Tigris (although being low on standing right now, can cash in seeds though).

Or are you able to get it on your own?

IFenrys
2015-09-26, 03:16 PM
I am willing to trade. Can get you the Sancti Tigris (although being low on standing right now, can cash in seeds though).

Or are you able to get it on your own?

I can get the Sancti Tigris on my own, though I'm not opposed to less effort. Still need to get Keledrath a sat of Sancti Castanas at some point.

If trading, I would greatly prefer a Telos Boltor (though it sounds like you're working for the other half of the board, like me).

Perfectly willing to just hand it off, honestly. I can wait for the two I can't get on my own, and Keledrath is willing to get me both. The Synoid just happens to be the first one he's getting me.

Almarck
2015-09-26, 03:30 PM
I've got access to the Boltor, Tigris, the Penta, and the Simulor at the same time because of how I handle my rep gains. Unfortunately, I'm .... 4 days away from getting new copies of each of the weapons.

Krazzman
2015-09-26, 03:32 PM
I can get the Sancti Tigris on my own, though I'm not opposed to less effort. Still need to get Keledrath a sat of Sancti Castanas at some point.

If trading, I would greatly prefer a Telos Boltor (though it sounds like you're working for the other half of the board, like me).

Perfectly willing to just hand it off, honestly. I can wait for the two I can't get on my own, and Keledrath is willing to get me both. The Synoid just happens to be the first one he's getting me.

I can give you the Castanas too. Would blow the standing on Keys or the "big" sigil.

IFenrys
2015-09-26, 03:58 PM
I can give you the Castanas too. Would blow the standing on Keys or the "big" sigil.

If you've got the standing for it, then sure, I'll take one of the Sancti weapons. Are you available to trade now or later?

Krazzman
2015-09-26, 04:04 PM
If you've got the standing for it, then sure, I'll take one of the Sancti weapons. Are you available to trade now or later?

Haven't gotten the standing right now (just got my own Sancti Tigris), more as an offer so you can focus on the TIgris first. (Gonna log in now and look how much standing I have).

Krade
2015-09-26, 10:18 PM
Max Power Strength Nova is quite different from the usual Slow Nova; you only need 45% Power Strength so Rank 4 Blind Rage or Rank 8 Transient Fortitude or Intensify + Rank 2 Blind Rage are all sufficient. Max Power Strength is almost only for MPrime detonation damage and is usually impractical; the costs of the Power Strength mods tend to be more than the value you get out of it especially since the detonation of MPrime is generally the weakest part of the ability. Coincidentally, this is why the third V is unfortunate on Nova Prime; you pretty much have to Forma it away as there's no use for it.

The thing to remember is that Antimatter Drop is practically unaffected by Power Strength (only the minimal flat damage is affected; the multiplier is x4 regardless of PS so the difference between 284% PS and 40% PS is around ~100 damage out of millions - inexistent). Same with Molecular Prime damage multiplier. Overall, Power Strength doesn't matter on Nova except for Molecular Prime speed multiplier so your damage abilities remain the same regardless of your mods. Since the slow is capped at 75% Power Strength and the scaling is linear, there's almost never a reason to run over +45% on her. Thus it's between -60% and +45%; anything else is senseless.

Thanks for the info. It's amazing how ignorant of Warframe's workings I am sometimes. Like I haven't been playing it for a year and a half or gotten to MR 20. I tend to not bother getting very deep into the mechanics of most games.

Krazzman
2015-09-28, 07:15 AM
Keledrath, PM me ingame or here if you have time to get your Sancti Castanas. Have enough standing right now.

I'm going to be available until 18:30 (UTC+01:00, the Berlin one).
After that I will be available only sporadically in the following days.

Vhaidara
2015-09-28, 07:19 AM
If you see fenrys on, toss them to him. I don't play as much warframe these days (been more into FF XIV), but he and I game it up sometimes.

Astral Avenger
2015-09-28, 11:17 PM
I thought I mentioned it in the last thread, bu I play by the name of NuclearAstral on PC.

See any obvious way to improve this nyx p build?
(arcane vespa helm) CP
Fleeting Expertise, Stretch, Overextend, Primed Flow
Rage, Quick thinking, Vitality, Redirection

Redirection is rank 8 for lack of cores/credits and primed flow is rank 6 for the same reason. Chaos is ~ 10s, which i find to be a pretty good duration. I'd want longer if you could recast before time was up. Mind control is 12 s and absorb is a very big bubble.
I wanted a build that could remain viable pretty much indefinitely into T4S,I & D, it's been good for me, but can it be improved? I don't have the chaos augment, so I haven't gotten to play around with that one, if anyone has, please let me know what you think of it.

Eldariel
2015-09-29, 01:03 AM
I thought I mentioned it in the last thread, bu I play by the name of NuclearAstral on PC.

(arcane vespa helm) CP

Redirection is rank 8 for lack of cores/credits and primed flow is rank 6 for the same reason. Chaos is ~ 10s, which i find to be a pretty good duration. I'd want longer if you could recast before time was up. Mind control is 12 s and absorb is a very big bubble.
I wanted a build that could remain viable pretty much indefinitely into T4S,I & D, it's been good for me, but can it be improved? I don't have the chaos augment, so I haven't gotten to play around with that one, if anyone has, please let me know what you think of it.

The "excess" mods in that build are Rage, Vitality and Redirection. I can't say they're useless but they are far from necessary. On the flipside, the only mod you really miss is Natural Talent so that only takes one slot; Nyx is one of those frames where you have a bunch of free slots to do whatever you please with since she just doesn't need power mods.

Vhaidara
2015-09-29, 05:49 AM
Do strength mods affect Mind Freak's multiplier? If it does, then there's a combo.

Leon
2015-09-29, 08:25 AM
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

The Pangolin Sword, last of the alert weapons to get. Never seen an alert for it before now and ive been playing over a year. Happen to log in to see if my FPS problems from earlier were fixed and saw there was a Defense alert for the Sword with 13mins left. Got a full group and off we went til My Internet dropped out on the last wave... Back in and fast as i could but nope, no session for you to rejoin. &^^$ my Internet and &*%^$% DEs stupid hamfisted hosting and connections, not the first time ive lost a heap of stuff or some cool item to being dropped out and unable to rejoin the session and im sure it wont be the last.

That was the straw that broke the camels back ~ Overdue for a break from this anyway, i live in hope but know that they wont bother doing anything to fix the system that they have atm (ie Nothing)

Vhaidara
2015-09-29, 08:48 AM
If it helps, there is an android app for warframe that does include an alert tracker. You can set it to notify you if certain rewards pop up (weapon blueprints, potato blueprints, etc).

Eldariel
2015-09-29, 08:53 AM
If it helps, there is an android app for warframe that does include an alert tracker. You can set it to notify you if certain rewards pop up (weapon blueprints, potato blueprints, etc).

There's also the WarframeAlerts Twitter account, which conveniently lists all alerts and invasions.

Astral Avenger
2015-09-29, 10:16 AM
(arcane vespa helm) CP

The "excess" mods in that build are Rage, Vitality and Redirection. I can't say they're useless but they are far from necessary. On the flipside, the only mod you really miss is Natural Talent so that only takes one slot; Nyx is one of those frames where you have a bunch of free slots to do whatever you please with since she just doesn't need power mods.
I think I should clarify with my goals for the build. I want to be laughing at how fragile the rhino is as I revive him at 60 minutes in T4S. With that in mind would you still say that the vitality/redirection are superfluous? If so, think any particular combo of Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Rage, Natural Talent, Mind freak, chaos sphere and Singularity would be particularly good? And what exilus slot mods would you recommend? I was thinking loot detector/enemy radar ones would be useful, but I don't know anything about the new movement related ones.

Edit: on an unrelated note, is my avatar broken for anyone else?

Vhaidara
2015-09-29, 10:33 AM
Nyx will never out tank think via stats. You outtank rhino by being the person absorbing on top of him while an ally gets him up.

As far as Exilus, I recommend Handspring. It is possibly the greatest survival mod I've ever seen, since getting knocked down for 1-2 seconds is literally a Death sentence.

IFenrys
2015-09-29, 12:57 PM
Do strength mods affect Mind Freak's multiplier? If it does, then there's a combo.

It is in fact affected by Power Strength, and I use Mind Freak on my Nyx build. So at the very least, don't tank it if you're using Mind Freak. I have at least one build meant to bring that multiplier as high as possible - MCing any heavy or high damage unit is hilarious at that point. Heavy Gunners and Bombards mow down crowds like nothing, and Butchers become the most terrifying kind of serial killer. It's magnificent :D

Mobius Twist
2015-09-29, 06:31 PM
Surprising no one, the Trinity/Dual Kamas prime versions are being teased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtBCbdezpks

This might be one Prime I actually farm for. I'm not a fan of the idea of primes in general, but Trinity power creep is something I can get behind.

Krade
2015-09-29, 10:29 PM
Surprising no one, the Trinity/Dual Kamas prime versions are being teased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtBCbdezpks

This might be one Prime I actually farm for. I'm not a fan of the idea of primes in general, but Trinity power creep is something I can get behind.

Pretty glad I decided to forego more Forma on my Trinity until the new Prime was released. Only did 2. There's a lot of room for the standard Prime flourishes on Trinity. Can't wait.

This means that the next Prime is almost certainly going to be Saryn (going by the unbroken-so-far pattern), which I'm pretty okay with.

Now to actually get that damn Ash Prime Systems...

Mobius Twist
2015-09-30, 10:10 AM
This means that the next Prime is almost certainly going to be Saryn (going by the unbroken-so-far pattern), which I'm pretty okay with.

According to the wiki both Banshee (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Banshee_%28Warframe%29)and Saryn (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Saryn_%28Warframe%29)were released on the same day. So, there's still a toss-up.

Mobius Twist
2015-10-01, 06:19 PM
More pictures of the upcoming gear: http://imgur.com/a/Od2pD

Also, released official video of Atlas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiLFg1dPum4

Astral Avenger
2015-10-01, 07:53 PM
More pictures of the upcoming gear: http://imgur.com/a/Od2pD

Also, released official video of Atlas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiLFg1dPum4

Sweet, Atlas looks like he has potential as a fun frame. I wonder what boss will drop it though or if there will be another quest. Seriously, *Beep* the limbo theorem. I've had limbo built and forma'd since early summer and the quest still hasn't realized I finished it.

Mobius Twist
2015-10-01, 07:54 PM
Maybe quest, but if I had to guess I'd say the J3-Golem boss being introduced will be the most likely candidate to go with the new frame.

Almarck
2015-10-01, 07:55 PM
I think I know what'll be one of my new primary frames. Atlas. Oh man, so good.

I especially like the idea of summoning backup.

IFenrys
2015-10-01, 08:22 PM
Sweet, Atlas looks like he has potential as a fun frame. I wonder what boss will drop it though or if there will be another quest. Seriously, *Beep* the limbo theorem. I've had limbo built and forma'd since early summer and the quest still hasn't realized I finished it.
Confirmed as quest drop, I think.

Also, Atlas looks AWESOME. Not sure how I feel about that head-neck design, but oh MAN, he looks fun to play. This is gonna be amazing :D

...Anyone else think he's summoning too few rockmen with the ult, though? Maybe they're more powerful than they look, but 2 seems like a pretty small number considering what my Nekros can do with Shadows of the Dead.

EDIT: Well, the update's hit. Now I have things to farm for, yay :D

Almarck
2015-10-02, 08:02 AM
So, I just did the quest.... Yikes.

Jordas is J3-Golem. And all along we were talking to someone who was a space zombie robot...

Mobius Twist
2015-10-02, 10:29 AM
Two Reddit threads of interest:

Where do I get all the new things? (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3n6rgb/175_where_to_get_what/)

Toggleable abilities will get majorly impacted by negative duration now. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3n77q6/how_duration_affects_toggle_abilities/) Fleeting expertise is no longer a must-have on some frames and builds with this change. Primed Continuity is about to get a lot more popular.

Almarck
2015-10-02, 01:52 PM
Heads up, event for a discontinued gun: Snipetron is back!

Mobius Twist
2015-10-02, 04:09 PM
Other than mastery is there any special reason to be excited?

Eldariel
2015-10-02, 04:13 PM
Other than mastery is there any special reason to be excited?

Snipetron Vandal will probably come back too and that one is actually a fairly solid weapon filling its own special niche. Snipetron itself is of course worthless for anything but Mastery.

IFenrys
2015-10-03, 03:26 PM
Anyone else here try the Salacia, Neptune Arching Defense? The enemy level scaling is ABSURD, the enemies are around level 120 at wave 14. And 3 things I need drop there - the Kaszas Blade, the Phaedra Stock and the Onorix Blade. Yes, I said the ONORIX BLADE. It got MOVED THERE. I had enough trouble getting it from Erpo...

Eldariel
2015-10-03, 04:24 PM
Yeah, Salacia is nuts right now. I actually kinda like it - some work for my Velocitus (even the Velocitus + Odonata "nuclear option"). But still, it clearly scales about 3 times faster than it should (wave 20 enemies here are about the same as wave 60-70 enemies in T4D) and it's absolutely not a place you can play with PUGs: need a full cell of properly equipped players and the spawns are still superslow making it take approximately forever.

It's a real pain that every node aside from Caelus (i.e. the one I actually enjoy playing) contains something I need now tho. I still didn't manage to get the Decurion Barrels and I also need Phaedra and Kaszas now. I thought I was done with that bloody joker Exterminate on Venus.
On another note, the Golem seems to be another place where the Velocitus really, really helps: it's basically a huge damage sponge. Like, 1M HP-kind of one. Corrosive Projections obviously help a ton but even with those, it'll take a while without Velocitus. Surprisingly its health is Infested Sinew, not Fossilized, so Radiation/Cold is the best damage combo as opposed to the Corrosive/Cold I was expecting (though Corrosive/Cold is the way to go if you don't have the full set of Corrosive Projections). Solo-wise, Velocitus approximately quadrupled the rate at which I killed the damn thing too: it doesn't even take 10 seconds since you kill it fast enough to not have to bother dodging anything. Velocitus with Radiation/Cold and Odonata's Energy Shell was hitting it for 180k when running with full set of Corrosive Projections though even then, it took good 10 secs of shooting (Arcane Avenger speeds the process up too; the DoTs trigger it often enough).

Almarck
2015-10-03, 04:25 PM
Anyone else here try the Salacia, Neptune Arching Defense? The enemy level scaling is ABSURD, the enemies are around level 120 at wave 14. And 3 things I need drop there - the Kaszas Blade, the Phaedra Stock and the Onorix Blade. Yes, I said the ONORIX BLADE. It got MOVED THERE. I had enough trouble getting it from Erpo...

I'm... fairly sure that atleast the level scaling is bugged out.

I'd say, do other Archwing modes for a few days, because it's clearly not intended to be so high.
I do however need the Mobile Defense on Erpo things. Which I actually find quite enjoyable... though I wish the afterburners had a 5 sec timer before igniting but came with quadrupple the speed.

Also, Landing Craft, specifically the Mantis is... absurd grinding. I mean, anyone who read the doc for where the parts drop is rolling their eyes.

Atleast I am almost maxed out on my Kubrow Armor Link

Eldariel
2015-10-03, 04:32 PM
The pain about the Mantis is the Corpus piece. You can easily get the Mantis Fuselage (the Grineer piece) from the Raid thanks to the amount of Rare Caches it spawns on average, and the Orokin piece (Mantis Avionics) isn't that bad if you just run missions with the obstacle courses (e.g. Captures or Exterminates) and finish those - with the amount of caches you can find this way especially if you take all the normal secret rooms too, it won't take too long.

Then again, it's only 150p to buy so I'm kinda tempted. But I kinda wanna farm it too so **** it. Also, you can get the main BP from the Rare Caches as well so don't bother buying it from the Market until you have the pieces; I made the mistake and now I kinda just have an extra BP hanging around (and I'll probably have extras before I'm done with this thing).

I'm thinking of trying to link the Corpus Piece farm with trying to hunt for Gaia's Revenge off the new Modular Corpus enemies. We'll see what becomes of that.

EDIT: Someone figured the Salacia problem out. Apparently the enemies in Archwing Defense scale by time, not wave. So you have to kill enemies fast (like Thumper-camp spawns) to keep it quick. Be quick to be quick, so to speak; high enemy levels of course make the waves last longer which in turn gives you even higher enemy levels. It's a vicious cycle.

IFenrys
2015-10-04, 08:23 PM
So, revamped Hysteria has kind of a wonky crit rate. It actually has 2 separate crit rates; a 10% chance of a 1x multiplier, and a 15% chance of a 2x multiplier.

...Doesn't that first one do absolutely nothing unless you build around crits on the melee weapon you brought with you? Why not just make it a flat 25% chance of a normal 2x crit?

Leon
2015-10-04, 10:31 PM
I thought its always had two rates. Why? who knows with DE

IFenrys
2015-10-04, 11:27 PM
I thought its always had two rates. Why? who knows with DE

Eh, maybe it always did. If it did, I missed it for version 1.0. Point still stands, though. It's rather odd.

Krade
2015-10-05, 12:29 AM
Need to make ODD interesting (or at least not a terrible slog)? I suggest max Power Strength/Duration Volt paired with a well modded Jet Kitty. So fun. It's a shame melee focused builds just aren't feasible at high levels of play.

Leon
2015-10-05, 01:14 AM
ODD i find is best done with Valkyr and a Galatine to mop up after the Hydroid/Vauban combo and pick them up when they invariably go down.
Although Ive not done a long one for a while since invariably something goes wrong and the host DCs or someone bugs out and cant move or attack (seeing this happen more and more recently) so we exit at the next opportunity) Not that the one thing i do ODDs for ever actually drops and now it being removed to the vault.

IFenrys
2015-10-05, 05:29 PM
It would appear that the latest hotfix repaired the terribad enemy scaling in the Salacia AW Defense mission. Thank the Lotus for that, maybe I'll actually see those three weapons at some point now.

Eldariel
2015-10-06, 12:12 AM
It would appear that the latest hotfix repaired the terribad enemy scaling in the Salacia AW Defense mission. Thank the Lotus for that, maybe I'll actually see those three weapons at some point now.

It was actually quite possible to fake it; I just finished getting all AW gear yesterday before the hotfix. The trick was to clear waves fast: if you got to under 1 min/wave, enemies didn't scale at all (wave 20 still had the same level ~29 enemies you start off against). We ran 4 Elytron groups with Grattlers/Fluctuses and Corrosive Projections. Enemies die through walls so waves are superfast. Though it probably still works, having enemies scale makes it slightly less efficient - if they fixed the actual bug with the scaling at any rate, they might've of course just sidestepped it and still prevented enemy scaling for quick rounds. Also, I still don't understand why the shuttle health is at 2k...

IFenrys
2015-10-06, 01:11 AM
It was actually quite possible to fake it; I just finished getting all AW gear yesterday before the hotfix. The trick was to clear waves fast: if you got to under 1 min/wave, enemies didn't scale at all (wave 20 still had the same level ~29 enemies you start off against). We ran 4 Elytron groups with Grattlers/Fluctuses and Corrosive Projections. Enemies die through walls so waves are superfast. Though it probably still works, having enemies scale makes it slightly less efficient - if they fixed the actual bug with the scaling at any rate, they might've of course just sidestepped it and still prevented enemy scaling for quick rounds. Also, I still don't understand why the shuttle health is at 2k...

I know it was possible with a coordinated group, but I could never get a coordinated group. Every time I tried to gather up a squad of pubbies and explain to them what they needed to bring, they all complained and refused to bring anything but Itzals. The only two people I could find with reasonable excuses didn't have Elytrons to begin with. And no one used Corrosive Projection but me, so armor was still a problem. This might be less efficient than running it with a coordinated squad under the original conditions, but considering that I couldn't get the coordinated squad to begin with, this will work far better for me.

I don't get the 2k shuttle health either.

Eldariel
2015-10-06, 06:52 AM
I know it was possible with a coordinated group, but I could never get a coordinated group. Every time I tried to gather up a squad of pubbies and explain to them what they needed to bring, they all complained and refused to bring anything but Itzals. The only two people I could find with reasonable excuses didn't have Elytrons to begin with. And no one used Corrosive Projection but me, so armor was still a problem. This might be less efficient than running it with a coordinated squad under the original conditions, but considering that I couldn't get the coordinated squad to begin with, this will work far better for me.

I don't get the 2k shuttle health either.

I managed to scrounge a group together by recruiting with"H Neptune Archwing Defense (Phaedra/Kaszas farm) - Need Elytrons". Tho it took like 10 mins to assemble the full team and ensure everyone had CProj and forma'd Elytron; the weapon was kind of a given at that point due to being a far lesser grind.

Anyways, let me know how the waves behave: it's fully possible they didn't touch the scaling and just dialed down enemy leveling speed, when it'd still work the same for coordinated teams.

Almarck
2015-10-06, 01:01 PM
Alright guys, Trinity Prime is here today.

I only managed to get one Glaive BP during the scramble. No Ember P BPs.

I do however have a ton of Boltor and Rhino parts that I am sure going to find handy when Rhino is removed next.

Mobius Twist
2015-10-06, 07:55 PM
Hooray, super-lobster butt!

Leon
2015-10-06, 10:49 PM
Ugh, PBR has made the Void look terrible

mangosta71
2015-10-06, 10:51 PM
Gotta admit, I want a Trinity Prime. It would be faster and easier to buy it, but would feel like a much bigger accomplishment if I can farm it... Of course, then I have to either sell a frame or buy a slot...

Almarck
2015-10-07, 12:08 AM
Gotta admit, I want a Trinity Prime. It would be faster and easier to buy it, but would feel like a much bigger accomplishment if I can farm it... Of course, then I have to either sell a frame or buy a slot...

Buy a slot, by selling any potentially rare prime parts you get or extras you find when scavenging for Trinity Prime herself.

20 plat is fairly easy to come across if you're willing to do some haggling in the market.

If you really want to sell, just have a stock of prime parts and try to snipe anyone who's looking for things to buy. Admittedly, this is all hard work and requires some foreknowledge of what sells and what doesn't. As well as having loads of parts lying around, but that last part will be taken care of in the process of farming Trinity Prime in the first place.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-10-09, 05:35 AM
So, apparently the last patch/hotfix made several archwing weapons unavailable despite not completely removing their parts from the drop tables.

Eldariel
2015-10-09, 06:05 AM
So, apparently the last patch/hotfix made several archwing weapons unavailable despite not completely removing their parts from the drop tables.

Aye, Fluctus Limbs, Corvas Receiver and Onorix Handle no longer drop. A friend of mine is now missing Corvas Receiver for finishing all the stuff in the game which has to be annoying as all hell. I thought they'd be on the Neptune Defense but considering I never saw 'em myself and nobody's posted getting them in the last two weeks, that seems highly unlikely; even if they were Rift Sigil-rare, I bet way, way more than 100 C-rotations have been played. The Grineer Exterminate on Saturn (and Mercury but that seems intended) still has no part drops so I can only imagine they were intended to be dropped there but something got FUBAR'd (tho they used to be the rare parts so it seems kinda weird that one node would only drop rares).

Unrelated, I finally got my Trinity Prime coming. Lucked out getting the Systems on the 5th try and the Helm fairly quickly too; Chassis and BP weren't forthcoming so I just bought them tho (30p and 40p respectively). Tho I guess the Dual Kamas will be something I'll have to hunt for a long while considering my friends and I used all our T3Cap keys up during the 2xcredit weekend. It's kinda annoying since the weapon seems fairly incredible: 20% status chance, pretty good crit numbers and by far the highest base damage in the class and good attack speed to boot. It might just surpass Prisma Dual Cleavers as my go-to dual swords, tho the 25% status chance and the insane crits on Prisma Cleavers are still nice.

Then there's that collar thingy; anyone knows how it works? Is one enough or do I need to get 1/dog?

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-10-09, 08:31 AM
The special prime collar gives bonus HP and shields and can be put on multiple dogs, from what I've heard.

Krade
2015-10-09, 11:59 AM
The special prime collar gives bonus HP and shields and can be put on multiple dogs, from what I've heard.

They also hotfixed it to give +100 armor.

Edit: Just had a Trinity tell me that power duration is good for an EV build because "it gives more energy" that way. He then argued with me about it then rage quit after I told him he was stupid and should quit Warframe. I usually try to be nicer than that to people, but willful displays of ignorance (and continued defense of it) tends to piss me off.

Almarck
2015-10-10, 12:03 AM
You probably could have handled that better...

Still, I actually think he does have a point. It's kinda.... silly that EV benefits more from less duration than it does for more since the way the ticks work favors slower durations.

Also, where do you get T4 Ext's? I've been farming Mars all day today and yesterday and I keep getting everything else.

rooster707
2015-10-10, 10:01 AM
Warframe Wiki says "medium difficulty" Interception missions.

Vhaidara
2015-10-10, 10:04 AM
I've gotten T4E from Augustus, Mars. It's just a painfully rare key with a hideously overloaded drop table (with far too high a chance for formas or cores)

NEO|Phyte
2015-10-10, 10:40 AM
I wanna say that some spy nodes drop t4 keys fairly consistently, but I don't recall where or which keys.

Eldariel
2015-10-10, 12:31 PM
I unfortunately ran all my T4Es during the 2xcredit weekend (and T3Es, T3Cs and T4Cs). I mostly just get them from Syndicate Void Key Packs. It's just so darn inefficient to farm missions for them.

IFenrys
2015-10-10, 10:06 PM
Welp, my Dual Kamas Prime are now on the crafting bench. I think this is the fastest I've ever gotten a Prime item after it's release, disregarding my purchase of Ash Prime Access. Hasn't even been a week :D

Now for Trin Prime. Need more T3MD and T2Sab keys for that, hopefully Neptune and the syndicate packs are generous about those.

Almarck
2015-10-10, 11:06 PM
I've been unlucky getting T4 Ext's. I got all of the other missions, just not Exts.

I guess I'll set asside getting the collar for now, get the other things for now.

Krade
2015-10-14, 08:58 PM
The legends: we all thought they were just... fanciful stories to lure in the young and the weak-willed. Well I tell you now, they were true all along! You only need to repent! ALLOW RNGESUS INTO YOUR HEART AND YOU TOO SHALL REVEL IN THE GLORY OF HIS KINGDOM!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/396673505668945659/5A674270BB19A30E73DC0832D0589B5739FF4367/

Mobius Twist
2015-10-15, 12:26 PM
I got one (my only one) back when all I had was a Loki and a Rhino to my name. The $12 I spent on 1000 platinum have supported my growth all the way through my full stable of warframes and sizable arsenal.

Of course once I got my hands on some useful Vault and Nightmare mods to sell keeping the platinum total from dipping too low became easier.

But that first injection of (the only reasonably priced) platinum was invaluable.

IZ42
2015-10-15, 03:54 PM
Hey, I play too!

IGN is corsair238

Aran nu tasar
2015-10-15, 05:41 PM
The legends: we all thought they were just... fanciful stories to lure in the young and the weak-willed. Well I tell you now, they were true all along! You only need to repent! ALLOW RNGESUS INTO YOUR HEART AND YOU TOO SHALL REVEL IN THE GLORY OF HIS KINGDOM!

I got one of those on Labor Day, when plat purchases gave 20% extra plat or something like that. It was a fantastic day. Spent $5, got more plat than I'll need for quite a while. Should sustain me until I've got loads of excess prime parts and Nightmare mods to sell off.

...of course, RNGesus has been getting revenge on me ever since. Four Salad V keyshares have given me eight Mesa Helmets, six Mesa Chassis, and two scammers who left the squad when it was their turn to use their keys. One of these days, I'll get me some systems. One of these days.

TheifofZ
2015-10-15, 08:18 PM
Hullo. Add me to the PC list; IGN is Okibruez.

I'm not on often, though, especially since my internet has been garbage lately.

Mobius Twist
2015-10-16, 12:57 AM
Here's hoping everyone stocked up on their fomorian disruptors from the last event, because there's a non-event Balor fomorian just hanging around ready to take down Larunda relay on Mercury in a little over 3 days.

I say non-event because Rebecca Ford said that "randomly scheduled attacks are now going to be a thing" (https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/654788635095527426).

IZ42
2015-10-16, 05:49 AM
Here's hoping everyone stocked up on their fomorian disruptors from the last event, because there's a non-event Balor fomorian just hanging around ready to take down Larunda relay on Mercury in a little over 3 days.

I say non-event because Rebecca Ford said that "randomly scheduled attacks are now going to be a thing" (https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/654788635095527426).

Already attacked it twice. Gonna farm nano-spores tonight for more disruptors

Eldariel
2015-10-16, 06:25 AM
Seems Velocitus still does the multihit thing for massive damage on the Core in spite of it being uncrittable (not to mention, it still has amazing raw DPS even without crits). I was able to 2 million the Core pretty much solo. Not sure how Fluctus would work; has anyone tried if it gets like 100 hits per pass? That would obviously make it preferable in spite of its horrid ammo economy and relatively DPS. Either way, a tip for any prospective Fomorian destroyers: run Velocitus if you have it available, it makes hitting the 1M for the rewards a breeze.

IZ42
2015-10-16, 10:39 AM
I'm still stuck using the imperator. Still getting nice rewards.

Almarck
2015-10-16, 11:50 AM
Wait. Where's the attack? I want to get involved.

Mobius Twist
2015-10-16, 01:15 PM
It's already down less than 12 hours after showing up.

The difference lies apparently in the way the Event ran versus this:

Event

had lots of fomorians at once
few rewards past the initial "you got a sufficiently-high score" thing
ran during Christmas break when not everyone could play

This fight

had one fomorian on Mercury, accessible to most people.
rewarded 5 rare cores each run
had a chance at an imperator vandal part drop
ran on a normal day (events usually start on a Thursday and have quite a few people normally)

So, it's down and fast.

Vhaidara
2015-10-16, 01:17 PM
Wow. That literally started after I was in bed and ended before I got off work.

Almarck
2015-10-16, 03:19 PM
Whew....That's way fast. I want imperitor vandal parts.

IZ42
2015-10-16, 03:47 PM
I got the blueprint and the receiver I think. Checking now.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-10-17, 10:34 AM
Wait. Where's the attack? I want to get involved.

It was on Mercury. From Rebecca's tweets, these are going to become a regular thing. Hek gets all uppity and sends another fomorian to a relay. Not sure if they'll rotate the special rewards or just leave it as the Imperator Vandal. Either way, having over a 75% chance at 5 rare 5 cores is very nice. It is also a fairly easy place to level archwing gear by blowing up the two shield generators and then just cleaning every single enemy until you max out your current archwing loadout. It apparently takes about ~30 minutes to an hour for that.

In other news, I managed to get the mantis engine from a rare corpus crate on Jupiter during a Steel Meridian run. Now I just need to do void capture missions and hit every loot room in the hopes of getting a rare container there.

I also managed to hit MR 20 without leveling up too many archwing things. I still have the bulk of those to build, too.

Almarck
2015-10-17, 11:55 AM
YESS!!!

It's like receiving Karma from all my grinding. 5 T4 exts in a row. It's a good feeling guys.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-10-20, 06:03 PM
Well, I decided to try playing again today.

Bullet jump is going to take getting used to. I see Excal got something to replace the now-redundant Super Jump. New wallrun seems... slower. Zipline and gliding are neat, but I think wall latch is the only truly good addition.

Also wondering if the Vaykor Hek is any good. Double mag size, but no Scattered Justice. Of course, that does free up a mod slot.

Mobius Twist
2015-10-20, 06:59 PM
Vaykor Hek is currently in the ignominious position of being the only shotgun to effectively make use of Ravage and its Primed counterpart. It's referred to as a side-grade to the original Hek based on the current mechanics. It's lower damage per shot, but high potential of more-damaging head shot crits, balancing the whole thing out at high-end, 5+ forma play.

Me, I have the original Hek powered up already but the Vaykor has no forma. I stick with the standard model.

Leon
2015-10-22, 08:49 AM
Whoever at DE that thought of having a quest require a multipart random drop item (that is otherwise useless) to progress should be beaten soundly and then fired.

Mobius Twist
2015-10-22, 09:46 AM
Are you talking about the Pherliac pods?

I'm afraid I built one that time the Juggernaught was introduced into the game originally, so I got to skip right over that. It was an unpleasant pain to collect the parts then, too, and it didn't even have a payoff until now.

Eldariel
2015-10-22, 10:48 AM
Whoever at DE that thought of having a quest require a multipart random drop item (that is otherwise useless) to progress should be beaten soundly and then fired.

I do tend to agree. If it's of any help, here's at least something to minimize the grind: We got Juggs to spawn pretty consistently and quickly in Eris Exterminates with Saryn (I wager Equinox and neo-Ember should also work rather well) and you get a decent number of drops with Pilfering Swarm/Nekros. We ran it with Saryn/Volt/Nekros/Hydroid. We got Pod drop in ~20 runs with friends (Pilfering and Desecrating each time but we didn't consistently cut it to a million pieces; [Sancti] Tigris is apparently good at that and should further reduce the number of runs) with enough materials to build a whole stock of 'em - it took maybe an hour or so. Of course, then we got a bunch more BPs in a row from the Juggernauts in the boss fight with no extra drops so it was basically the attack of the Desire Censor again.

As an idea, I actually like having to acquire stuff from normal missions and incorporating normal gameplay in the core of the quests (goes a long way towards giving missions a point, though Starmap 3.0 will probably do it for all missions), but the fact that all the drops are behind huge RNG walls doesn't feel all that rewarding: much like with Invasions, having to do the same exact thing X times to get something is just tedious as there's nothing to really do; you've probably figured out the fastest way to run a grind mission real quick anyways so even optimization is already done - after that it's just a matter of banging your head to the wall until RNGesus smiles at you.

Leon
2015-10-22, 12:13 PM
I don't mind the invasions, you are getting exactly what is advertised on the tin plus whatever else drops in the actual mission. I have run a lot of them over time even before they changed the 5 to 3 and never really had any issue but to have to Keep running these Eris Missions in the vague hope for the right part gets my goat something fierce. Been doing Histo mostly with Equinox but also sometimes Nekros. The good news is that my Favorite Anti Infested weapon just received a new skin and some buffs so its been getting a work out.

Almarck
2015-10-23, 01:06 PM
So I just ended up with a weird karmic rebalanve. 30 to sabotages. No trinity helmet

Ran odd once I got her BP first try.

Krade
2015-10-24, 11:27 AM
Finally got around to fighting the Jordas Golem. I know I have stronger weapons than most people, but I am not seeing the necessity for 4 CPs and Velocitus' on everyone. I just solo'd it twice with absolutely no problems (aside form almost dying once or twice).

Hiro Protagonest
2015-10-25, 03:07 PM
I decided to try the Vasto Prime. This thing feels like a toy. Barely any kick, sounds like it's shooting lasers, and of course, it's unranked and not at all on par with a Marelok. Cool reload animation though.

Heard the Lex Prime was buffed. I'll have to try that.

Mobius Twist
2015-10-26, 05:24 PM
Finally got around to fighting the Jordas Golem. I know I have stronger weapons than most people, but I am not seeing the necessity for 4 CPs and Velocitus' on everyone. I just solo'd it twice with absolutely no problems (aside form almost dying once or twice).

I did this mission multiple times. Here's how they went:

1) Unpotatoed Valkyr and unpotatoed leveling weapon (something from the clan): Died repeatedly to Juggernaut, had to quit once I saw I was doing poor damage to the weak spot and kept running out of oxygen and energy repeatedly.
2) Came loaded for bear (Trinity + Hek) and got through Juggernaut handily before oxygen even started leaking: Lost all 4 revives on the space battle fighting with Itzal and mid-level Decurions with minimal mods.
3) Went back in with a full team with 4 CP and some people who've clearly invested in their archwing: Both parts of the fight over in seconds. I think the "falling out into space" bit took longer than the fights.

So, yeah, it's a hard fight if the weapons you have aren't up to par. Then again, some people complain it's too easy because their stuff is top of the line and they can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUhix2f3H4

I still don't have Atlas.

Krade
2015-10-26, 05:43 PM
I did this mission multiple times. Here's how they went:

1) Unpotatoed Valkyr and unpotatoed leveling weapon (something from the clan): Died repeatedly to Juggernaut, had to quit once I saw I was doing poor damage to the weak spot and kept running out of oxygen and energy repeatedly.
2) Came loaded for bear (Trinity + Hek) and got through Juggernaut handily before oxygen even started leaking: Lost all 4 revives on the space battle fighting with Itzal and mid-level Decurions with minimal mods.
3) Went back in with a full team with 4 CP and some people who've clearly invested in their archwing: Both parts of the fight over in seconds. I think the "falling out into space" bit took longer than the fights.

So, yeah, it's a hard fight if the weapons you have aren't up to par. Then again, some people complain it's too easy because their stuff is top of the line and they can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUhix2f3H4

I still don't have Atlas.

Yeah I used a 3-Forma Sancti Tigris and a 3-Forma Velocitus. They go down pretty fast to those.

Also, just got the last part to the Kavasa Collar. Yippee, I guess. Farmed it for the sake of completion, really. Now I only need the Dual Kamas Prime BP and Blades, plus the Phaedra and I'll be back at the point of having leveled everything available to me.

Edit: As for the video, yeah he doesn't have anything I don't, though looking back I probably should've been using Itzal instead of Elytron.

Almarck
2015-10-27, 01:04 AM
Perhaps its because I potatoed and formaed my Imperator, but I had no problems versus Jordas Golem other than the absurd health he has making him a damage sponge boss for me.

I never faced him with a team.

Leon
2015-10-27, 07:02 AM
After enough Runs to get the parts for 9 whole pods the BP finally decided to drop for the *(^&%&% Pods

IZ42
2015-10-27, 11:48 AM
Just got my Kubrow Egg yesterday. RNG has a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with me. Need to farm Orokin Cells today, but I'm also going to a Peruvian place for my birthday.

theMycon
2015-10-27, 12:39 PM
Hey!

I joined the game a few weeks ago, but I didn't notice this thread. I play PS4.
My name is TheMycon, and I mostly run Nyx & Volt (have a mag, don't like it, building valkyr).

I've yet to find a secondary I like. I'd take suggestions (done Kunai, Kraken, and whatever that mining laser is).

While I have 20-some prime parts from farming for a Paris Prime, I currently have no usable prime material.

Leon
2015-10-27, 01:33 PM
I've yet to find a secondary I like. I'd take suggestions

Build everything you can lay your hands on parts/materials for.

We can say X and you can try Y and find its better than X for you.

I recently made, used till 30 and threw out the new throwing weapon Spira as i had it recommended to me and saw a few posts of people extolling its values and i didn't like it compared to other Thrown weapons i have (Hikou Prime and Despair)

mangosta71
2015-10-27, 02:25 PM
I like the Seer. Pretty good base damage for a pistol and great accuracy when you zoom in. The BP and pieces used to drop from the first assassination target, but the star map has been revamped a few times since I got it.

Kunai are nice for stealth play if you can master the projectile drop of bows and throwing knives. Did you use real Kunai, or the Mk 1 version? Because the Mk 1 versions of all of the weapons are crap.

theMycon
2015-10-27, 02:39 PM
I like the Seer. Pretty good base damage for a pistol and great accuracy when you zoom in. The BP and pieces used to drop from the first assassination target, but the star map has been revamped a few times since I got it.

Kunai are nice for stealth play if you can master the projectile drop of bows and throwing knives. Did you use real Kunai, or the Mk 1 version? Because the Mk 1 versions of all of the weapons are crap.

I used the Mk1 Kunai (I've only gone through 3 secondary weapons so far; but a dozen or so melee), but I suppose I have a few Hikou Prime BPs & stars.

I have the real Paris, 'cause the Mk1 version was quite useful. That said, the Rank 1 test was the only test so far that was at all difficult; so that's a mark against it. And, well, stealth. I've yet to find a stealth map that's easier with 2 people than with 1, so I've made my stealthy weapon as good as possible (potato'd it, modded for much fastness & critness; basic damage mods & Thunderbolt because I find it hilarious that no-one reacts to an explosion if it hits someone in the head).

Eldariel
2015-10-27, 02:52 PM
I've yet to find a secondary I like. I'd take suggestions (done Kunai, Kraken, and whatever that mining laser is).

The Marelok from clantech is pretty awesome if you like revolver-style guns and have access to a clan (if not, I'm certain someone here can help you out). It packs a mean punch, is available relatively early at MR5 and can be used ad nauseam. The Atomos is pretty awesome; it clears rooms like nobody's business and with Ruinous Extension (a drop from the Jackal) its only drawback is basically eliminated. It's MR4. Both Angstrum and Kulstar are also awesome and at MR4 though they're explosive weapons so you have to be careful with blowing yourself up. Then there're the dual automatics in Twin Grakatas (MR0) and Aksomati (MR6) and the Biorifle in Stug at MR2. Those are all guns I still use.

Astral Avenger
2015-10-27, 03:08 PM

Not sure what any of the mastery requirements for these are, but these are some of the ones i've liked over the couple years i've been playing. They're roughly in order of how much I like/use them. I've sold all below Dex Furis unless i'm working on crafting the dual wield verson:
Marelok (Vaykor) <- Go to secondary for high level play for me
Hikou (prime)
Atomos
Dex Furis
Twin grakatas
Lex family (lex, aklex, lex prime)
Despair
Bronco (prime)
akbronco (still working on getting parts for prime)
vasto (still working on prime)
Detron (mara)

Hiro Protagonest
2015-10-27, 03:59 PM
I have the real Paris, 'cause the Mk1 version was quite useful.
What strange reality have I wandered into?!

I've yet to find a stealth map that's easier with 2 people than with 1,

True.

Primary: Braton. You can buy the finished product for 50k credits, so no waiting for the thing to be built. Great all-around low-rank weapon.
Latron. Very good MR0 weapon.
Burston. MR0. My MR0 weapon of choice, it all depends on if you like the burst-fire.
Boltor. MR2. Personally I don't like this one, but eh.
Karak. MR2. Love this thing. It's basically the Braton's successor.

Secondary: Kunai. Great for stealth. MK1 sucks. MR2.
Lex. Like the Braton, you can purchase it built for credits. Better than the Seer, really. Pocket sniper. Slow, high damage, practice those headshots.
I guess Spira are kinda like Kunai but for MR1?
Stug. It's named after a German assault gun. Also it's a sticky acid grenade launcher.
Marelok is beast. MR5.

IZ42
2015-10-27, 05:06 PM
I personally like the Twin Grakatas. That's the only secondary I use with regularity. Also, is buying Nikana before Rank 8 without a stance worth it?

Krade
2015-10-28, 05:36 PM
So, tired of not being able to equip my Sweeper Prime on my sentinel while using my most awesome Sancti Tigris, I actually leveled an entire new set of shotgun mods (except for Primed Point Blank as I only have one of those, and even if I did have two, that's a big investment just for the sentinel weapon) so I can use both at once.

If anyone is still having trouble with the J-3 Golem, I'll gladly help out.

Hiro Protagonest
2015-10-28, 09:49 PM
I built the Twin Grakatas.

Dakkadakkadakkadakkadakka

Leon
2015-10-29, 07:13 AM
So Chelsa Kubrows. The "retrieval" ability is just lame but the Disarm ability is worth its weight in Cores

IFenrys
2015-10-31, 06:12 AM
I guess Spira are kinda like Kunai but for MR1?

Spira are basically crit-build Despair. I believe they're better than the other thrown secondaries, especially with both Primed crit mods (haven't checked my math, but it looks about right), but I find the Hikou Prime more entertaining.

Eldariel
2015-10-31, 07:36 AM
Spira are basically crit-build Despair. I believe they're better than the other thrown secondaries, especially with both Primed crit mods (haven't checked my math, but it looks about right), but I find the Hikou Prime more entertaining.

Their only downside is that they go poorly with Concealed Explosives but for pure thrown damage secondary, they're probably the strongest option now with Primed Target Cracker.

IZ42
2015-10-31, 12:13 PM
All these primed things. I really need to farm more.

Krade
2015-10-31, 08:40 PM
I swear I'm about ready to give up hope on the Dual Kamas Prime. 40+ T3C runs and only 1 blade so far (and just so many Forma). I had 20 T3C keys when I started this. Most of the 15 I've use have been part of keyshares. Now I've only got 5 left and I'm starting to get concerned for my chances.

Rain Dragon
2015-11-01, 12:07 AM
Hello!
I've been meaning to say hi for a while and haven't had anything else to say...

I'm Jion-Zyn on PC.

Thiyr
2015-11-01, 12:35 AM
I swear I'm about ready to give up hope on the Dual Kamas Prime. 40+ T3C runs and only 1 blade so far (and just so many Forma). I had 20 T3C keys when I started this. Most of the 15 I've use have been part of keyshares. Now I've only got 5 left and I'm starting to get concerned for my chances.

If you'd like, I have a blade sitting around that I'd be willing to part with.

Leon
2015-11-04, 07:06 PM
Saryn rework is here, from the little ive tried so far im liking the changes.

Astral Avenger
2015-11-04, 10:40 PM
I finally ended up in a group that didnt rage quit the moment someone stepped onto the wrong pad while unlocking the door in a raid and got my first arcane enhancement.
Made me realize, I have no idea which ones are actually any good, so thoughts on that?

Vhaidara
2015-11-04, 10:48 PM
IIRC, the one that adds flat crit is really funny with the nukor, especially with the new primed target cracker.

The Nukor only has a 1% base crit chance, so with the arcanes it ends up with a 31%. It also has a base multplier of x4. Combining Primed Target Cracker and Hollow Point for a 170% increase in crit damage, and you end up with a multiplier of 10.8

Eldariel
2015-11-05, 01:15 AM
I finally ended up in a group that didnt rage quit the moment someone stepped onto the wrong pad while unlocking the door in a raid and got my first arcane enhancement.
Made me realize, I have no idea which ones are actually any good, so thoughts on that?

I only know the ones that drop from Law of Retribution, haven't played during Jordas Verdict thus far. Appropriately for your nickname, Arcane Avenger is the "chase one". It's the one Keledrath mentioned as well. Other useful ones include Trickery, Barrier, Guardian, Awakening, Strike, Victory, Grace. Some of those are more useful for different playstyles than others (e.g. Victory and Grace lose a lot of their appeal if you're into the habit of carrying a Lifestrike melee/Winds of Purity Furis or aren't shy about using Health Restores - but e.g. in the Nightmare Alert and as little extra for random setups, they can be nice).

IFenrys
2015-11-05, 02:24 PM
I have no Arcanes yet (can't seem to get both the group and the time together, only get one at a time), but I plan on desperately clawing for an Arcane Avenger set when I can, and sticking it on my Secura Syandana. That's the one I use for my usual build, which uses three crit-built weapons. The relevant ones here are the Twin Grakatas and the Tonkor, which will both be capable of red critting when Arcane Avenger activates. That'll be fun :D

Eldariel
2015-11-05, 03:23 PM
I have no Arcanes yet (can't seem to get both the group and the time together, only get one at a time), but I plan on desperately clawing for an Arcane Avenger set when I can, and sticking it on my Secura Syandana. That's the one I use for my usual build, which uses three crit-built weapons. The relevant ones here are the Twin Grakatas and the Tonkor, which will both be capable of red critting when Arcane Avenger activates. That'll be fun :D

It's actually possible to have Arcane Avengers in both, helmet and syandana which gives you tasty 60% crit chance increase (tho this does require getting a substantial 20 of them; luckily with the Distiller buffs it's rather effortless to keep shuffling them around when you feel like it so that's generally enough). Nukor thanks you (61% 8.4x crits). It also goes great in Archwing (yes, Arcanes work in Archwing) - Velocitus gets even better with redcrits, and Grattler doesn't mind either. Tho on Archwing I do often prefer having one defensive Arcane like Barrier, Guardian or even Victory/Grace if running Corrosive Projections with the lack of defensive powers in the mode.

Recaiden
2015-11-06, 09:16 AM
So Chelsa Kubrows. The "retrieval" ability is just lame but the Disarm ability is worth its weight in Cores

But the retrieve ability is adorable ~

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-11-06, 03:32 PM
It's actually possible to have Arcane Avengers in both, helmet and syandana which gives you tasty 60% crit chance increase (tho this does require getting a substantial 20 of them; luckily with the Distiller buffs it's rather effortless to keep shuffling them around when you feel like it so that's generally enough). Nukor thanks you (61% 8.4x crits). It also goes great in Archwing (yes, Arcanes work in Archwing) - Velocitus gets even better with redcrits, and Grattler doesn't mind either. Tho on Archwing I do often prefer having one defensive Arcane like Barrier, Guardian or even Victory/Grace if running Corrosive Projections with the lack of defensive powers in the mode.

A note on this: DE changed how having multiple arcane enhancements of the same type on your helmet/synandana work. It used to be you could stack them no matter what their levels were. Now they only seem to stack if they're both maxed. It's also possible that this is still a bug, but I don't feel like digging back through the patch notes to when they altered them. If you have the time/luck/plat to get 20 Arcane Avengers, sure, go for the gold (and possible red2 crits on some bows), but it's certainly easier to just get one complete set.

Rain Dragon
2015-11-06, 03:51 PM
Saryn rework is here, from the little ive tried so far im liking the changes.

I haven't had a chance to play but on paper it looks great.
And the new Saryn skin is beautiful. I don't see myself playing Saryn enough, but my friend bought it so I'm very happy that I'll be able to run around next to such a well done model. :smallbiggrin:

But the retrieve ability is adorable ~

Aaaa, it so is! ^.^ That and the aforementioned disarm has sold it for me. My friend's Kubrow disarmed a Heavy Gunner I was fighting, which was how I first noticed it. I didn't even know heavy gunners had swords.

IFenrys
2015-11-06, 06:00 PM
Aaaa, it so is! ^.^ That and the aforementioned disarm has sold it for me. My friend's Kubrow disarmed a Heavy Gunner I was fighting, which was how I first noticed it. I didn't even know heavy gunners had swords.

They don't have swords per se, they have stun batons. Kinda hoping the Grineer get their own standardized drawn melee at some point, the Grineer pulling out Corpus stun batons weirds me out for some reason. The Sheev would be great for the role, it's a Grineer combat knife, so there's no reason the various Grineer forces wouldn't have one tucked away for emergencies.

...Huh. I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up :)

Hiro Protagonest
2015-11-06, 06:17 PM
They don't have swords per se, they have stun batons.

I thought that was only with the Loki disarm that sticks a stun baton on everything. Including MOAs.

IFenrys
2015-11-06, 07:05 PM
I thought that was only with the Loki disarm that sticks a stun baton on everything. Including MOAs.

That applies to all disarms, the baton is actually a weapon that all non-melee units are given in case of disarm. Again, though, I wish the Grineer had something more faction-appropriate.

Leon
2015-11-06, 08:03 PM
Think of the poor Prod Crewman, he had an Electric Stick before and then got disarmed and now has just a stick.

rooster707
2015-11-07, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to craft the Limbo Theorem... what's the best place to get Argon Crystals?

Recaiden
2015-11-07, 12:18 PM
I'm trying to craft the Limbo Theorem... what's the best place to get Argon Crystals?

Tower X Defense. If you can bring Hydroid and/or Nekros, all the better.

rooster707
2015-11-07, 12:22 PM
Ugh, Defense... thanks. Now I just have to convince my friends to do some missions with me...

Eldariel
2015-11-07, 12:35 PM
Tower X Defense. If you can bring Hydroid and/or Nekros, all the better.

I'd rather say Survival; enemy density is more consistently high due to the lack of the end-of-wave slowness and between-wave periods, and Void Survival has a much greater number of Void Containers due to map generation - Void Containers have an above-average chance of dropping rare resources. Finally, make sure to make it T4 if possible since Corrupted Vor has about 50% to drop Argon (otherwise an Orokin Cell). Usually 20-40 mins in Void Survival (T2 doesn't have Nullifiers, so I recommend T2 or T4 tho if you're farming for some Void Drop, take that into account too and see how to optimize it) without Nekros/Droids is more than enough to get all the Argons I might need. Nekros/Droids speed it up even more. Tho after one day of farming Void for anything, provided you're killing enemies, you should be stocked.

Leon
2015-11-07, 01:45 PM
I second Survival as well. Did a bunch the other day of T2 with a friend who needed a few for assorted things, we got 8 in 5 runs.
No fancy set ups or frames, I was leveling Loki Prime and he was in his Nyx leveling guns.

Rain Dragon
2015-11-07, 11:27 PM
I've also had better luck with Survivals and found them less annoying too.

They don't have swords per se, they have stun batons. Kinda hoping the Grineer get their own standardized drawn melee at some point, the Grineer pulling out Corpus stun batons weirds me out for some reason. The Sheev would be great for the role, it's a Grineer combat knife, so there's no reason the various Grineer forces wouldn't have one tucked away for emergencies.

Heh, thanks. :smallredface: I clearly don't pay enough attention. >.> I'll have to look closer next time.

IZ42
2015-11-08, 10:36 AM
Leveling up an Oberon with Tonkor and Shimmering Blight Tonbo. It is entertaining.

Almarck
2015-11-10, 04:58 PM
Okay. Wow that Raid. It's convoluted I'll admit.

I need so much more practice.

Astral Avenger
2015-11-10, 08:15 PM

I realize this is quite a bit late, but the absolute best way to farm them that I have found is to play Mag in t2 survival. You have to have max range (preferably with arcane coil helm), greedy pull and 200%+ power strength. Your team is a desecrate nekros, an EV Trinity and a 4th can be just about anything (preferably one that can increase your damage, but I don't remember how that interacts with Shield Polarize, so maybe on this one). Everyone must have Corrosive Projection. Find a good room to make your base and have the entire group run around in circles in the middle of it. Jobs are as follows:

Nekros: Desecrate everything
Trinity: Keep the energy flowing. Bless if anyone takes damage.
Mag: Shield Polarize nuke everything. Everything should be dying from this as enemies should be clustered tightly together near the doors as they are running into the room. Greedy Pull every so often to pick up drops and life support.
Last person: Keep the damage buff going, activate life support if needed.
Everyone: Shoot anything that survives the SP bombardment.

Don't forget to move enough to not get hit by the anti-afk stuff.

I went to 40 or 45 minutes with mag, nekros, loki and a 4th i don't remember, the trinity is not needed to do much here, the mag should be recovering most or all its energy from pulling after a couple shield polarize nukes, especially with a good desecrate nekros. We bailed because someone had to do stuff IRL, we were fine on life support and stuff was dying just as fast at 40 as it was at 5 min.

As I post this, I realize that there will almost certainly be someone who can see a way to improve this, probably with one of the new frames that I don't know how they work yet (anything after limbo). If you see a way to improve the killing power for a t2s (or higher tier) I would love to hear how.

Vhaidara
2015-11-10, 08:23 PM
Doesn't work quite so well anymore since Greedy pull is client side. You're the only one who will be getting the drops, which is just a little selfish.

Leon
2015-11-11, 01:26 AM
or Greedy... As it always should have been. Mag was fine and capable before the Augment and is still fine and capable after.

Got 7 across 2 T2 Survivals last night, 1st one we left at 45 and the second we left at 57 (had a dry spell of airsupport and the mobs were not dropping them either so we had to bail when air got into the 20%) pRhino with a 7 Forma Penta, Loki with pLatron and my pNova with Kulstar (was leveling the Syniod Simulor ~ its better than the reg simulor but thats not saying much)

Astral Avenger
2015-11-11, 11:28 AM
Doesn't work quite so well anymore since Greedy pull is client side. You're the only one who will be getting the drops, which is just a little selfish.

I think the last time i actually ran that was before the change to greedy pull, I would probably sell it as an xp run rather than resource farming if i were trying to get a group together for it now.

Krade
2015-11-12, 08:31 PM
New weapon, Mios, looks cool and powerful. Researched in the Bio Lab. New stance for it (whose name I've already forgot) drops from Scorpions. Draco seems to be the best place for it. No luck for me getting it so far, though.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-11-13, 04:09 PM
New weapon, Mios, looks cool and powerful. Researched in the Bio Lab. New stance for it (whose name I've already forgot) drops from Scorpions. Draco seems to be the best place for it. No luck for me getting it so far, though.

Sometime on tomorrow or Sunday, I'd be down with farming Draco (and elsewhere) for that stance. I still need polymer bundles for the damn thing, too, so if you don't mind doing some Uranus survival runs, that would also be good. If I see you in game, I'll send a message.

Leon
2015-11-13, 10:25 PM
New weapon looks like a giant pair of Pinking shears, but hey more non Archwing fodder to get me ever closer to 20

IZ42
2015-11-14, 12:27 AM
Managed to glitch the engine twice tonight.

First time, my clan buddies were screwing around in the duel room and I found that you could glitch yourself into the kneeling position by waiting till one person is waiting for a duel (kneeling) and another person goes to accept it and pressing X on the already kneeling person's side right as the other person does. You'll be teleported outside the arena and hopefully be kneeling.

Second one is far more major. We had a host migration while I was standing in the doorway to the Dueling room so when I loaded back in, I was trapped above the door in the wall, and that door wouldn't open.

I took screenshots of the second one, but not the first. Sadly can't post them because I'm on mobile right now.

Leon
2015-11-14, 02:17 AM
Double Resources weekend, buy a Booster and get Quad resources

Krade
2015-11-14, 06:51 PM
Managed to get Defiled Snapdragon. Didn't take as long as I was scared it would. I'd think that anyone who does Draco regularly shouldn't have any problems acquiring it. Just bring a Nekros along if you don't usually do so already.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-11-23, 02:07 PM
Rumor has it the second dream quest/event/whatever launches December 2nd.

Rain Dragon
2015-11-23, 03:32 PM
Indeed. (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/562574-soo-u18-coming-dec-2/?p=6362446) I'm pretty excited for U18, when it comes. :smalltongue: