PDA

View Full Version : Psionics Unleashed/Akashic Mysteries class tiers

SwordChucks
2015-09-16, 04:42 PM
Just wondering which classes from Psionics Unleashed and Akashic Mysteries would fit in an all tier 3 game.

Psyren
2015-09-16, 04:56 PM
Gifted Blade Soulknife
Psychic Warrior
Cryptic
Aegis
Vitalist
Marksman

Haven't read Akasha since the playtest but I think they're all T3.

SwordChucks
2015-09-16, 05:16 PM
Thanks Psy, you're a font of knowledge as usual.

If anyone wants to argue ratings or has more of an understanding of Akasha let me know.

Mithril Leaf
2015-09-16, 05:17 PM
Gifted Blade Soulknife
Psychic Warrior
Cryptic
Aegis
Vitalist
Marksman

Haven't read Akasha since the playtest but I think they're all T3.

Pretty much this, with the exception of the Daevic which is more high Tier 4 than Tier 3. It's still not super terrible at other stuff, so fine if they want a primary damage dealer.

Psyren
2015-09-16, 05:20 PM
I'll second Mithril and point out that T4s fit into T3 games just fine, if the player using them knows what they're doing or just wants something very simple. A Barbarian may not have the full damage output of a melee Alchemist, but it takes a lot less system mastery and work to get to decent numbers.

Ssalarn
2015-09-16, 08:24 PM
Daevic is really high Tier 4 who fits right in with the Tier 3s. He's a beast at combat, with enough of the other tools he needs (flight, overland movement options, alternate movement modes, some AoE if you need it, 4+Int skills with a few skill boosting veils and good Face options, even a little healing and status removal and/or debuffing), to not be reliant on other party members for out of combat encounters and other obstacles. He probably hits Tier 3 about as easily as a Paladin (i.e. with the right selection of feats and a healthy dose of system mastery) and occupies a similar niche, though whether he's more of a technical Eldritch Knight type, a defensive lead-from-the-front type, or a face-wrecking machine depends on your Passion. Desire has the easiest time hitting Tier 3 though probably deals (comparatively speaking) the least damage, and Wrath is the best damage dealer, with Dominion forming your solid middle ground between the two.

Guru is pretty much the quintessential Tier 3 with solid options all around, and Vizier is a very high Tier 3.

SwordChucks
2015-09-17, 07:38 AM
Thanks Ssalarn, it's great to be able to get a response from the author for questions like these.