PDA

View Full Version : So I'm nosey and don't have the money for Out of the Abyss yet...

blelliot
2015-09-16, 09:17 PM
As the title says, so I was wondering if anyone could let me see the Demon lord stats? Please?.

lianightdemon
2015-09-16, 09:20 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142164-Out-of-the-Abyss-Preview-Backgrounds-Bonds-and-Orcus-Stats-Dungeons-and-Dragons-5e#&gid=gallery_4595&pid=1

blelliot
2015-09-16, 10:16 PM
Thank you,! Orcus looks good. Can I get a peek at the other seven in the book?

MaxWilson
2015-09-17, 08:40 AM
Thank you,! Orcus looks good. Can I get a peek at the other seven in the book?

I don't want to type up all seven pages of info, but if you have specific questions (immunities, damage, legendary actions) I can answer them.

Inevitability
2015-09-17, 11:19 AM
I don't want to type up all seven pages of info, but if you have specific questions (immunities, damage, legendary actions) I can answer them.

What are the demon lords' Challenge Ratings?

blelliot
2015-09-18, 08:18 AM
I'm interested mainly in Demogorgon. Is he still possessing the ability to take two turns worth of actions?

MaxWilson
2015-09-18, 09:44 AM
I'm interested mainly in Demogorgon. Is he still possessing the ability to take two turns worth of actions?

Demogorgon, like Orcus, is CR 26. He has a couple of strong legendary actions but no special "two turns' worth of normal actions" ability.

Innate spellcasting (DC 23): at-will Detect Magic/Major Image, 3/day Dispel Magic/Fear/Telekinesis, 1/day Feeblemind/Project Image.

(Yes, that means Demogorgon can cast Dispel Magic less frequently than Nycaloth or a Glabrezu. Sigh, WotC.)

Two heads: advantage on saving throws vs. being stunned/blinded/etc. Mostly irrelevant because he already has Magic Resistance and 3 Legendary Resistances.

Action: Multiattack at 10' reach with two tentacles at +17 for 4d12+9 bludgeoning (counts as magical) with DC 23 not to have HP maximum reduced by amount of damage, until long rest.

Action: Gaze, 120' gaze effect on targets that he can see. DC 23 Wisdom save (can avert eyes instead of saving unless incapacitated). Three options: beguiling (stun), insanity (Confusion effect), hypnotic (Demogorgon controls actions, movement, and reaction--technically the creature apparently retains its own bonus action but no sane DM would rule this way). Hypnotic Gaze prevents Demogorgon from using Maddening Gaze legendary action until his next turn because both of his heads must focus on the target.

Legendary actions: 2 per round

Legendary action: Tail for +17 (reach 15') for 4d10+9 (magical) bludgeoning plus 4d10 necrotic.

Legendary action: Maddening Gaze, can use beguiling or insanity gaze.

Lair action: illusionary duplicate in his own space, can walk/talk/move/etc. 50% chance the next attack/spell/etc. that interacts with him physically is hitting the duplicate, which makes it disappear.

Lair action: Darkness spell x4, targetting different areas. (He has truesight so this is excellent.) No concentration needed.

Inevitability
2015-09-18, 02:16 PM
As I asked before, could someone give me the CR's of all the demon lords?

MaxWilson
2015-09-18, 03:07 PM
As I asked before, could someone give me the CR's of all the demon lords?

See here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/product-and-general-dd-discussions/threads/4251476

blelliot
2015-09-18, 07:12 PM
Thank you for the information. I always loved demons as villains, and now may begin running savage tide for 5e. My favorite adventure :)