PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Does Brawler hybrid class get shield proficiency?

Frosty
2015-09-17, 01:50 AM
Without taking any archetypes, is the class by default proficient with all shields except Tower shields? I'm still a bit confused about this. Hero Lab says no, but d20pfsrd says yes. paizo PRD says no.

MagpieWench
2015-09-17, 06:39 AM
I don't have the book, but I'd say go with the Paizo site, it's their material...

Milo v3
2015-09-17, 06:54 AM
A recent errata of the ACG gave brawlers shield proficiency. The PRD and Hero Lab simply haven't updated it yet.

Doc_Maynot
2015-09-17, 06:55 AM
Book says "proficient with light armor, but not with shields" but the errata document corrected this to “and shields (except tower shields)”
So as usual the Pfsrd made sure they kept up to date with all errata and faqs

Edit: Stalker'd

Psyren
2015-09-17, 08:36 AM
For the amount Hero Lab costs, you'd think they'd be more on top of the errata :smalltongue:

TheIronGolem
2015-09-17, 09:23 AM
For the amount Hero Lab costs, you'd think they'd be more on top of the errata :smalltongue:

I suspect the OP's copy is not up to date, because mine shows proficiency on a vanilla Brawler.

Psyren
2015-09-17, 09:25 AM
Ah, that's good then. I was debating shelling out but if they don't keep up to date that would have been a definite nope.

TheIronGolem
2015-09-17, 09:34 AM
Ah, that's good then. I was debating shelling out but if they don't keep up to date that would have been a definite nope.

They're pretty good about it, yes. They do at least one patch a month for Pathfinder that includes errata, bugfixes, etc.

I highly recommend it, especially if you want something that will let you tweak existing content or create new stuff entirely. It is insanely powerful.

That said, it's also...shall we say, not exactly Apple when it comes to intuitive ease of use. And it ain't cheap. So getting set up to really use it will cost time as well as money.