PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Evil one-shot?

wasniahC
2015-09-17, 06:19 AM
I'm looking to run a one-shot campaign for a few evil characters, 5e fantasy stuff. I've got a few ideas, but thought I'd see if anyone else has tried something similar, had any success with similar things, or has any cool ideas to suggest or discuss.

A few ideas I've had so far:

1. Heist - stealing from a merchant's guild or something similar, maybe an expensive artifact or magic item?

2. "Capture the princess" - what it says on the tin

3. Assassinate a political target. Or just any target, I guess. GP is GP

4. Enact vengeance on some adventuring heros who meddled with things they shouldn't have meddled with.

Party will be level 3, but hey, you can scale things up and down to be appropriate. Heist can be a medium value scroll or something someone wants stolen that's more valuable than people realise. Princess could be the mayor's daughter. etc

Kane0
2015-09-17, 07:34 AM
5) thieves guild / wizard college / orphanage run by churchgoers have been cutting into your turf. Fix this.

6) a celestial has been spotted and celebrated in its arrival to locate and vanquish an evil mage/cultist/fiend im the area. This is a problem, as said target is unfomfortably close to your location/a business associate of yours. Deal with it.

7) your army of the damned/horde of monsters/evil guard force has been missing some of its splendor lately. Youll probably need to gether up some prime ingredients/incentives to liven it up.

8) a minor associate/lackey if yours has come to you with a request to aid them deal with a mistake they made. You like this one too much to kill him for his ineptitude but you have to find a way to deal with the mess hes gotten himself into.

9) a dragon has been seen roaming the surrounding countryside. This is a great chance to get yourself a new partner/mount/suit of intimidating dragon hide armor. The dumb townsfolk will probably hail you a hero to boot!

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-09-17, 09:17 AM
9) a dragon has been seen roaming the surrounding countryside. This is a great chance to get yourself a new partner/mount/suit of intimidating dragon hide armor. The dumb townsfolk will probably hail you a hero to boot!

I'd try to think in this direction. Sure, a one shot needs to be a little straightforward, but the fun of being evil is partly in that villains act, heroes react. The players will probably love being presented an opportunity and being free to come up with what to do with that opportunity, working towards their own goals and ambitions. Trying to think in this direction I get to places like:

a) The wizards guild has ousted a relatively powerful member for messing with dark magic. This means that wizard no longer has their protection.

b) A gang/organization/feral warlord has taken over or conquered one of the cities worst neighborhoods. You've lost some business, but your most important rivals were weakened far worse.

c) An adventuring party about 3 levels above you is passing through town on their way back from the dungeon of corruption. They carry a large black chest with seemingly no lid or lock on it.

Geddy2112
2015-09-17, 09:48 AM
Hold a religious festival or event for an evil god. Most of which involve things like kidnapping, murder, theft, etc.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-09-17, 10:00 AM
Hold a religious festival or event for an evil god. Most of which involve things like kidnapping, murder, theft, etc.

A big competition in being evil, the Evilympics.