PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder High Int. High Cha. Dump EVERYTHING ELSE.

Thisguy_
2015-09-17, 10:55 AM
I'm open to roleplay ideas for it, but I'm having a fledgling character concept develop in my head for "19 Int, 18 Cha Human (Race negotiable but will affect scores) with dumped physicals and no wisdom," and I need some suggestions for mechanically sound choices for things like class and archetype, or some feat/trait suggestions I can get for a character with two specialized scores and no aptitude for anything outside of them.

(I'm thinking a Rincewind-ey plus Face sorta guy, but I'll probably throw three or four other baby concepts in to make him a frankencharacter for his adolescence... like I usually do to all my emerging character concepts.)

Mehangel
2015-09-17, 11:00 AM
Well if you are going to have all other stats dump stats (including CON), then I would have to say you need to acquire an undead template, otherwise your character is going to be far too squishy. I believe most people here on the forums will agree that most builds with a CON less then 12 simply dont do well at all.

Slithery D
2015-09-17, 11:13 AM
Play a Pain discipline Psychic (Occult Adventures). Int casting stat, all social skills are class for you, and charisma feeds your phrenic pool and class abilities. You get self heal only version of Lay on Hands so you can get rid of status effects and heal yourself if you survive the first hit.

Thisguy_
2015-09-17, 11:27 AM
acquire an undead template, otherwise your character is going to be far too squishy.

If memory serves, I'm able to use a Trait for Cha-as-Con to HP, or a feat. Not sure which but strictly PF and no cheese needed. I had another idea for an undead hulk of a melee who is starting to look more like a caster. That character was totally oblivious to/unwilling to admit to being undead. Could blend concepts. Liking the idea.

Heal yourself if you survive the first hit.

Could synergize with the last thing depending on interpretation, the above will cause Harms to heal me and Heals to harm me. Will see.

Alternatively could be taken as an option without the prior advice as long as I built HP itself to be enough to take a single hit at level, but this would feat tax me and work against CON.

The original idea is to be a twiggy, but I want the character to live. I don't want to raise CON, but raising HP is totally not off the table here.

Not an OA fan, though - would have to doubly peruse the class.

I'd like to state openness to MC at this point.

Mindtour
2015-09-17, 11:32 AM
Wouldn't Synthesist Summoner work to cover your physical stats? I mean, unless you're specifically looking to keep those scores low?

Thisguy_
2015-09-17, 11:38 AM
We can totally boost. Dump the physicals and C my A. Synth Summoner would work nicely.

Also, after a touch of research, I was wrong: heal as undead requires 15 CON and Cha doesn't replace it. There's no feat for it, so I'd have to play around/Diplomance the DM to get an undead template for that. Intelligent undead caster who refuses to admit it is still sounding good.

Elricaltovilla
2015-09-17, 03:31 PM
Arcanists are INT SAD but like CHA for some of their abilities. And being tier 1 casters of the highest order, they can probably handle low physical stats. Still, probably ought to go get your self vamp'd or lich'd as soon as possible. CHA to hitpoints would make you much less squishy.

grarrrg
2015-09-17, 09:03 PM
Relevant link is relevant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?357961-Aasimar-Scion-of-Humanity-Racial-Heritage&p=17662327&viewfull=1#post17662327)
(version of build in link is no longer 100% rules legit, as you can no longer get the same Stat twice to the same thing).

Easy version:
Agent of the Grave (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/a-b/agent-of-the-grave) is your buddy. You'll have to enter through a non-WIS caster, but then you'll be able to use your CHA as your HP stat instead of CON.

Mix-and-match options:
"Human" (or Half-Elf, or Half-Orc, or...) with Racial Heritage (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/racial-heritage) Kobold in order to take Kobold Confidence (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/kobold-confidence) feat for CHA to Fort Saves and "negative HP to die" (could just go straight Kobold, but they're a poor race for most builds).

Noble Scion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/noble-scion) feat for CHA to Initiative

Lunar/Lore Oracle can get CHA to AC and REF Saves
Nature Oracle can get CHA to AC and CMD

(Anti)Paladin will get CHA to ALL Saves (does not stack with Kobold Confidence, or Lunar/Lore options, recommend pairing with Nature Oracle).

So a build of Nature Oracle 6/Agent of the Grave 1/Antipaladin 2 (skipping the Kobold stuff) gets:
CHA to AC
CHA to CMD
CHA to All Saves
CHA to Initiative
CHA to HP (except for the first 6 levels)
DEX becomes the ultimate dump stat.
As a caster you have access to spells such as Ant Haul (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/ant-haul) to make up for your abysmal STR score.

Taveena
2015-09-17, 09:11 PM
For what it's worth, DSP's book, Bloodforge, has Altered Life and Unnatural Resiience, allowing you to use Charisma or Int in place of Con for fort, and Charisma or Wis in place of Con for HP.

Pex
2015-09-17, 10:55 PM
If permitted, Dreamscarred Press Psion. Take the feat Psionic Body. It gives you 2 hit points for itself and every psionic feat you take. Always take psionic feats. Your hit points will add up; it's more than what you get from Toughness. You can also know the power Vigor from level 1 which gives you temporary hit points whenever you need it. Now you can survive past the lower levels. Meanwhile, you're a Psion.

1st level human Psion. You get three feats, 1st level, human bonus, psion bonus: Psionic Body, Psicrystal Affinity to gain a psicrystal. Choose to get +2 fortitude save. Improved Psicrystal to get another personality for your psicrystal, this time for +2 will save. You now have 12 hit points at first level despite Psion HD being a d6.