PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 crafting skill carpentry ideas?(more info in description)

Monk of love
2015-09-17, 12:47 PM
Alright so a little backstory! I recently joined a sort of survival type campaign where we were not allowed to take any classes like ranger, druid etc so I chose a warlock and it ended up being...a survival game! fleeing city folk ship wrecked on an unknown continent.. now skip a bit and we have already built a primitive forge, kiln, and an area to stay!

now on to the question
I chose a skill crafting woodworking/carpentry. I built lodging and I honestly don't know what I can make now or were I should start. the players and npcs chose a cave by the sea to stay right at the beach and forest.

does anyone any suggestions about what would be some good things to build in a survival type game using carpentry/woodworking?

On a side note any other suggestions as a warlock in a survival game are also welcome

yellowrocket
2015-09-17, 01:43 PM
Wood crafting would let you make wooden tools and weapons. Spears/javelin and punge pits. Possibly a crossbow or bow. Heck with enough time and skill checks you could build a boat.

Telonius
2015-09-17, 01:55 PM
Boxes to store things in, buckets, a dugout canoe, wooden shoes, spoons, plates, forks, sculptures, a chess set, a totem pole, a catapult, a treehouse, a ladder, a wooden staircase. Basic furniture like beds, tables, chairs. Wheels, wheelbarrows, carts.

Scorponok
2015-09-18, 12:09 AM
If there is bamboo around the area, you could probably make wooden leg traps. Even without bamboo you could probably find wood that has enough springback that you could fashion such a rudimentary device. You could also dig pits and put wooden spikes made of wood on the bottom. With enough wood you could build a fort of some sort and/or a wooden treehouse to serve as a lookout of some kind.

Monk of love
2015-09-18, 04:12 AM
Thanks for everyone so far :) and I like the dugout canoe idea and pits! I have some ideas now!

jiriku
2015-09-18, 03:00 PM
looking at invocations, spiderwalk and swimming the styx can grant you a climb or swim speed, which may be useful. Call of the wild provides you with animal empathy and a continuous speak with animals. That could be extremely useful when stranded in the wilderness -- your animal friends can perform all kinds of favors for you. You could be a regular Tarzan with all of these.