PDA

View Full Version : Silly Campaign Idea

Grug
2007-05-14, 09:28 PM
Firstly, let me say BILL! I KNOW YOU GO ON THIS FORUM! READ NO FURTHER! AND THAT GOES FOR ANYONE ELSE THAT'S PART OF ATLAS LAND.

So anyways, I'm running a very humorous campaign. For example, the party's first adventure was to recover an heirloom from the Castls of Convinience, destroyed 30 years prior by a mysterious plot device. When they came back to town, the inn had been taken over by a Skelton Frat party, and the PCs had to disguise themselves as ghosts using sheets to get inside and stop the wickedness.

On my next game I'm giving them a bit of a side jaunt before a climax of the story. Last session they encountered a squad of boyscouts selling cookies. However, the cookie box was filled with a smoke bomb, and in the confusion the Boyscouts stole much coin and an important weapon given to the cleric by his church. After much RP bungling with the Law, and a commune spell from the high priest, they know that the scouts had gone to an abandoned temple of evil.

Here's the thing: The place is a Chuckie Cheese's gone wrong.(look it up, Brits), VERY wrong. The boyscouts are actually a group of low level bandits, 10 of them, who had the audacity to steal from the place, and are now cursed to be children and must spend money on tokens every day or be wracked with horrible pain (yes, this idea was borrowed from Dungeon).

Here are my ideas: Final boss = Ghost Wererat Bard with Requiem feat (bardic music bonus to undead). The "tokens" are little green rhombuses that are extremely sharp. Games include Whack a mole with mangled hands, a target test to catapult a token into a dead child, plastered with smiling makeup and a target on it's torso. Otyugh in the Ball pit.

Things i'm considering: Only allow children into the place? Turn PCs into little kids? Would be interesting for RP, but wouldn't explain how the bandits lost all their equipment. Secondly: The big tubey crawl thing. I'm not sure if it should either be a nigh endless maze, or the insides of some alien creature, oozing and pulsing. Also not sure if it should be the way to the boss.

Any other ideas? Something with pizza or a band.

kellandros
2007-05-14, 11:34 PM
For the band: some sort of golem/construct with bard levels. Start using bard songs(Fascinate sounds appropriate).

For the tube crawl: you could make it random- the pipes keep bending and reconnecting, or it is just multi-spatial. Have them try to run a combat inside there, when they aren't sure where they will end up if they move through an intersection.

Pizza golem(Pizza the Hut)?

Grug
2007-05-15, 01:28 PM
Bump. I thought this topic would be more popular.

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-05-16, 09:36 AM
The big monster in the "dungeon" should be an advanced Moon rat with sorcerer levels and a funny hat.

The hat should be the source of his power.

SpikeFightwicky
2007-05-16, 10:23 AM
What level are the PCs? You could create a 'Pizza' elemental (or construct? or ooze???) that devours any kid that doesn't spend enough tokens.

Quietus
2007-05-16, 10:33 AM
What level are the PCs? You could create a 'Pizza' elemental (or construct? or ooze???) that devours any kid that doesn't spend enough tokens.

Or forces them to devour him, which gives them severe indigestion (the cause of that "wracked with horrible pain" bit)?

lotofsnow
2007-05-16, 11:09 AM
This free adventure (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20010413a) from WotC has a "Calzone Golem" you could easily adapt to be a Pizza Golem.

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-05-16, 11:26 AM
Enough forced evil Pizza, and everyone is running around with a temporary "Morbid Obesity" feat... ( Courtesy of the BOVD )