PDA

View Full Version : Subscribing threads? What's that?

RationalGoblin
2007-05-14, 10:19 PM
As the title says, I don't know what subscribing is, and I want to know how to do it.

Can anyone answer my questions, please?

(I've been on these forums for over a year and still don't know, wow)

Vonriel
2007-05-14, 11:17 PM
Personally, I prefer the method of: Click the Thread Tools drop-down box at the top right, then click on subscribe to thread. Then click the add subscription button. Simple, eh? I think there is also an option to automatically subscribe to threads you post in, but I don't like that one as much.

J_Muller
2007-05-14, 11:23 PM
When you post in a thread, scroll down to where it says "additional options." You will see there, under "thread subscription", a drop-down box marked "notification type." Click that and select your desired type of subscription.

Demented
2007-05-15, 04:01 AM
As the title says, I don't know what subscribing is...

In short: If you subscribe to a thread, you will receive an email or other notification when that thread has been replied to.

The others mentioned how to subscribe.

RationalGoblin
2007-05-15, 09:25 AM
In short: If you subscribe to a thread, you will receive an email or other notification when that thread has been replied to.

The others mentioned how to subscribe.

Thanks everyone! I've been wondering about that for almost a full year..

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-15, 09:46 AM
Only if you set it to do so. I check my subscription page regularly and don't care for getting the e-mail update, so I have it set to no notification.

In that case, CrazyFatGoblin, you can just check on all your subscribed threads by going to the "Quick Links" menu and following the "Subscribed Threads" link. From there, you can see if there are any new messages in your threads of interest without sifting through the message board. Particularly useful for SMBG and Play by Post, which have pretty high throughput causing threads to drop to page three or further within a day.