PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Rules Question - Withdraw

thecrimsondawn
2015-09-19, 01:09 PM
Withdraw

Withdrawing from melee combat is a full-round action. When you withdraw, you can move up to double your speed. The square you start out in is not considered threatened by any opponent you can see, and therefore visible enemies do not get attacks of opportunity against you when you move from that square. Invisible enemies still get attacks of opportunity against you, and you can't withdraw from combat if you're blinded. You can't take a 5-foot step during the same round in which you withdraw.

If, during the process of withdrawing, you move out of a threatened square (other than the one you started in), enemies get attacks of opportunity as normal.

Making a fancy combat rouge, looking at the fast getaway talent and I think we may have been using withdraw wrong.

Assuming 1 target with 5ft reach, am I reading this right that since the square I am starting in is not considered to be threatened, I can move away from him without provoking an AOO?

Psyren
2015-09-19, 01:23 PM
Correct, they cannot AoO you with only 5ft. reach. The square you exit from is not considered threatened, and they can't reach any other squares you exit while escaping.

Normally Withdraw is a full-round action and you can move up to double speed. Fast Getaway lets you Withdraw as a move action, but only up to 1x speed.

thecrimsondawn
2015-09-19, 01:28 PM
Correct, they cannot AoO you with only 5ft. reach. The square you exit from is not considered threatened, and they can't reach any other squares you exit while escaping.

Normally Withdraw is a full-round action and you can move up to double speed. Fast Getaway lets you Withdraw as a move action, but only up to 1x speed.

Thanks Psyren, you just made me a very happy man. :3