PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Trickery Devotion Similacrum making War-chief more interesting

Talionis
2015-09-19, 03:15 PM
Trickery Devotion's Simalacrum should be the same race and tribe as you. When Sim enters the frenzy it gives the strength benefit to your real body and the damage doesn't pass to the clone. The Crusader Devoted Spirit maneuvers can help to heal the damage from the Frenzy Aura. I can slap three levels of Marshal and stack the strength bonus from motivate strength and Tacticts of War one from you and one the Sim. You and the Sim can each have a different stance active. Some of the White Raven stances have aura like effects.

The body guard ability also lets you protect the Sim from damage with yourself, but you can also use it too.

Build is looking like 1 Cloistered Cleric (knowledge, Pleasure(protection from Charisma damage) Trickery Devotion)/3 Marshal/1 Crusader/10 Warchief/1 Crusader -- four levels of something available

Trading the Major Aura for Draconic Vigor is another good way to offset the frenzy damage.

I'm not sure what to do with all the Strength... Maybe get access to Setting Sun throws? How do I get more Strength? Anything interesting I could give allies to do with all that strength?

I'm SAD in Charisma and Strength, which is neat what cool things might go with it?

A source of Evasion that's works for the Sim also would be good since he has so few hit points

What else can I do with this to make it fun? I've got four levels. Feats.

The Viscount
2015-09-20, 11:41 AM
Oh boy War Chief. I love that class so much I crammed it into Iron chef once.

Marshal actually cannot trade their major aura for Vigor. They can only trade for the auras presented in Dragon Magic, which do not include Vigor. You might use the major aura on toughness, which may apply to the damage if your DM feels like it. If you feel like taking the draconic aura feat you can have that and a marshal major aura active at the same time. If your DM allows toughness to negate some damage it might be worth being dragonblooded so the draconic aura scales by character level.

When you say Tactics of War are you talking about Art of War or Master of Tactics? If you are going Art of War, pushing to maximize trip isn't a bad idea.

I'm reading Trickery Devotion and I can't find a statement saying it can use your class features, and I'm not following how you gain the benefit of your own Frenzy. Am I missing something?

In terms of protective the simulacrum from Warchief's frenzy it's actually pretty simple. Frenzied creatures take damage based on their HD. The simulacrum has no listed HD because it's sort of not a creature. In this case I'm not sure whether it just defaults to 1, in which case vigor will completely undo it, or none, in which case it takes no damage.

daremetoidareyo
2015-09-20, 09:29 PM
level 3: skill focus diplomacy
level 4: Constant Guardian from drow of the underdark in place of skill focus diplomacy for your first level of marshal
level 5: retrain skill focus: diplomacy for something useful
Level 6: dutiful guardian from drow of the underdark

Instantly exchange places with your sim and soak up his HP damage for him.