PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Iconics of Dreamscarred Press

alchemyprime
2015-09-19, 07:55 PM
Do the dreamscarred press characters have any names, by chance, like the Paizo Iconics do?

ErrantX
2015-09-19, 08:46 PM
Do the dreamscarred press characters have any names, by chance, like the Paizo Iconics do?

I can speak for Path of War iconics (except Zealot - no idea what his name is).

Rogrym Braidbeard - Dwarf stalker
Ryall al'Catharn - Human Warlord
Keoni Heartsfyre - Half-Elf Warder

Kestrel - Elf Harbinger
Aisling - Elf Crimson Countess Harbinger
Fayelin - Human Mystic
Kluk - Goblin Warlord

-X

137beth
2015-09-19, 08:48 PM
There are a lot of psionic NPC is Psionics Embodied (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/139210/Psionics-Embodied?term=psionics+embodied), which I haven't purchased yet. Does it contain 'iconics' for the psionic classes?

Elricaltovilla
2015-09-19, 08:59 PM
I can speak for Path of War iconics (except Zealot - no idea what his name is).

Rogrym Braidbeard - Dwarf stalker
Ryall al'Catharn - Human Warlord
Keoni Heartsfyre - Half-Elf Warder

Kestrel - Elf Harbinger
Aisling - Elf Crimson Countess Harbinger
Fayelin - Human Mystic
Kluk - Goblin Warlord

-X

The iconic warlord is actually named Tod. He's a total frat bro.

When did Kluk make it to iconic status?

Ssalarn
2015-09-20, 12:42 AM
For Akashic Mysteries-

Aabharana (our gnome iconic) was the daughter of a gnomish merchant who grew rich creating a trade bridge between the haughty elven nations and the dwarven tribes. An elven noble, jealous of her father's success, hired a band of mercenaries to attack her father's caravan and make it look like a bandit attack. Aabi was the only survivor of the raid, and her grief and anger drew the attention of the fledgling daeva Nor'basheer, who offered her the power to take revenge if she would serve as its mortal host. Scarred but unbroken, Aabi accepted the deal and now uses the power of her daevic bond to hunt down the man responsible.

Hassim Ajam, our iconic vizier, is a minor half-elven functionary in the court of a very powerful and very cruel elven sultan. During the day he goes around evicting human, dwarf, and gnome merchants who fail to pay brutal taxes that basically equate to legal extortion while his pet zombie lugs around the collection box and serves as added muscle for dealing with recalcitrant citizens. At night, he throws on the ol' hood and mask and helps unjustly imprisoned non-elves sneak out of the city and occasionally orchestrates daring robberies of particularly cruel members of the elven aristocracy, using his veils and his powers as a Seer to coordinate these risky heists.

The dwarven Guru, Pala Upadhaya, is the last surviving member of his clan. Pala now travels where he will, standing as a bulwark against the forces of darkness and teaching others that goodness and and a gentle nature need not be sacrificed for strength. Pala will often stay in small villages where his skills have helped protect or free the people to teach them some of his philosophies, occasionally founding small schools or temples if he finds a particularly gifted or insightful initiate.

Kaidinah
2015-09-20, 02:20 AM
I got these names off the Ultimate Psionics thread.

Sandoval the Erudite
Lina, human Kineticist
Adrian, Xeph Soulknife
Nomon, Blue Aegis
Peywin, Elan Cryptic
Umbar, Noral Dread
Maikra, Half orc Marksman
Dukalti, Half giant Psychic Warrior
Illira, maenad Wilder

Dagiron, Half-Orc Metaforge
Eimee, Elan Mystic Archer
Li Mu Bao, Elan Psychic Fist
Lanis, Tiefling Metamind
Ahmed Antar the Sighted Seeker
Amalthea the Phrenic Slayer
Kozak the Dark Tempest
Javed the Psion Uncarnate
Lady Seraphine the Soul Archer

Also my thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?432004-Cool-Dreamscarred-Press-fiction!) has DSP fiction involving some of the characters in this thread.

For Akashic Mysteries-
An elven noble, jealous of her father's success, hired a band of mercenaries to attack her father's caravan and make it look like a bandit attack.

... very powerful and very cruel elven sultan.Not a fan of elves? But in all seriousness, I like this. Especially Hassim, for being the vigilante that he is. I can't imagine his arrangement lasting much longer though. I would guess that is why he might become an adventurer?

Novawurmson
2015-09-20, 04:45 AM
The zealot iconic is a maenad named Kaimana. Double checked - I only mentioned his name once in an email 10/28/2014, so I'm not surprised it's not exactly common knowledge. :smalltongue:

Psyren
2015-09-20, 09:08 AM
I believe there's supposed to be an iconic for each psion discipline (much like 3.5) and we're also missing the iconic Vitalist. (Ophiduan?)

Lord_Gareth
2015-09-20, 01:52 PM
In addition to the two Harbingers mentioned, we also have the following from Psionics Augmented: Wilder

Myra (Female human voidheart)
Adyel the Wanderer (Female elan wilder/cross-discipline Master)
Dymian Stormheart (Male maenad wilder/surge adept)
Kyria (Female tiefling wilder/volcano mind)

Ssalarn
2015-09-20, 05:03 PM
Not a fan of elves? But in all seriousness, I like this. Especially Hassim, for being the vigilante that he is. I can't imagine his arrangement lasting much longer though. I would guess that is why he might become an adventurer?

That was basically the thought, yeah.