View Full Version : Stargate Sg-1

0wca
2007-05-15, 02:19 PM
Am I the only one feeling the urge to burn SciFi.com because they cancelled stargate? I mean I saw the last episode, and it was good but it closed the series at the peak of the storyline!!

I know there are movies being directed as we speak but we'll have to w8 every 1/2 year or every full year for one to come out!?

Damn you SciFi! DAMN YOU TO HELL!! :smallfurious:

Penguinsushi
2007-05-15, 02:50 PM
I loved stargate (have a few seasons on dvd), but I haven't been too interested in the newer ones since Richard Dean Anderson left...

~PS

Nerd-o-rama
2007-05-15, 02:54 PM
Ending the series where they did is kind of suck, but honestly, it probably should have ended after season 8. I'll look forward to the movies, but I won't complain a whole lot.

Plus, Amanda Tapping's moving to Atlantis as a regular (along with Jewel "cutest person on the planet" Staite), so maybe that show will be watchable now.

Imrahil
2007-05-15, 03:15 PM
Though I knew that there was nobody who could replace RDA, Ben Browder has done a commendable job, in my opinion. Plus, they finally added Claudia Black to the regular lineup, and then they ended the series. I understand that some people felt it could have been cancelled a few seasons ago, but I've still maintained my interest in the show up to the end. All that to say, yes, I'm also pissed that Sci-Fi decided to cancel it.

{sigh} Well, at least we've still got Atlantis, which has become more than just a spin-off and has now evolved into a great show in its own right.

Kitya
2007-05-15, 03:21 PM
I haven't watched in several seasons.. I know bad me! But I forgot when a season started and when I tuned in I was in shock thinking, "who the heck are THESE peoples?!?!" So I said forget it and we buy the season sets. *chuckles* No commercials that way and we can do a whole Stargate Marathon. As for scifi ending the series, all good things must come to an end, and do remember, Showtime cancelled them first.

JadedDM
2007-05-15, 03:22 PM
Ten years is a good run for a television show, especially a science-fiction one. I'm sorry that it's ending, but I feel no rage. It's not like sci-fi is cancelling it before it can find its audience like FOX regularly does.

Besides, there's still the movies, Atlantis, and that third series in the works--Stargate Universe.

Sereneprophet
2007-05-15, 04:04 PM
I agree, despite some more of my more hardcore SG friends, I was interested and enjoyed every episode up to the final.

And Atlantis is also exceptionally good. I'm loving Jewel joining the cast, though rumor has it it may not be permanent, I dunno. Amanda Tapping...shes cool and all, but I dunno, guess we will have to see how well she fits in with the Atlantis crew.

Hurray Stargate!

Archonic Energy
2007-05-15, 06:27 PM
my only problem with adding Carter to the Altlantis crew is that she'll overshadow McKay... i like Rodney he's funny.

but Sam is hot.

J_Muller
2007-05-15, 06:48 PM
but Sam is hot.

QFT.

There's always the third series. And Worlds. At least, I think Worlds is still being made--I haven't checked lately. And, hey, I haven't even seen all of SG-1... I rarely watch TV, and when I got interested in it it was already halfway through the seventh season. I suppose I'll have to get the seasons on DVD one day...

JadedDM
2007-05-15, 06:48 PM
Overshadow? I don't know. The few interactions we've seen with Carter and McKay have been rather humorous. It's sure there will be a kind of rivalry between them (mostly sparked by McKay and his ego).

0wca
2007-05-16, 01:31 PM
I kinnda disagree with the fact that Atlantis is as good as SG-1. I mean the characters in SG-1 are deep and you get a lot of background on their "personal" life as well as good character development (especially in the last seasons). And the story just got REAL interesting. The whole Ori thing just blew me off. I was like "Wow".

And the way they incorporated some "hidden messages" in some episodes. Like they were making fun out of some films or even religions. I don't know if anyone spotted that, but it was great. And there was a lot of character interaction and relationships.

In Atlantis it all just seems so..I don't know "static". Maybe because the producers made Atlantis more as a side project rather than giving it full attention... The only character that apeals to me in Atlantis is McKay. He's like the RDA in SG-1 (well not nearly as good but still). And I liked McKay more in the SG-1 episodes with Carter - that was hillarious!
(quote: McKay:"You know I always had a thing for dumb blondes."
Carter: "Go suck a lemon."
McKay: "Sexy. Very sexy.")
:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Doglord
2007-05-16, 01:48 PM
At least atlantis is still going, though dr.becket should not have died

Wraithy
2007-05-16, 01:55 PM
I only really got into SG-1 two years ago, but i've made up for lost time and seen nearly all of the episodes.
after seeing the last episode i was really annoyed. however, untill i read this thread I had no idea about a third stargate or other post SG-1 addons.
oh stargate, i can't stay mad at you

thorgrim29
2007-05-16, 11:23 PM
Huuuuu...... I'm watching it on space, and since they've decided to start it over.... I guess I'll have to wait what, a year before seing it all? They got up to the big battle against the replicators, on the temple planet, that was such a cool episode........ We're in Dany world now. The episode with the chick from farscape, whoever she is, was very funny.

Icewalker
2007-05-16, 11:59 PM
AMAZING show, I'm sorry they canceled it, although I haven't seen all of them, been watching em season by season through netflix.

The show began to go downhill once O'Neil left :smallfrown:

The new guy was ok, but nowhere near as funny.
The time loop episode is probably one of the funniest there is.

Stargate Atlantis seems ok, but definitely nowhere near as good as SG-1. If Amanda Tapping is becoming a regular it may be a lot better now. Gotta check that out sometime.

0wca
2007-05-17, 06:05 AM
I just read some info for Stargate:Universe. It sounds really cool, because it's going to be revolving around the ninth chevron of the stargate. Sounds interesting, as well as michael shanks was given the opprotunity to play the lead role as Daniel. I'm hoping he's not going to be the only one.. (RDA PLEASE COME BACK!!!)

This gives me some hope that the spirit of stargate will not extinguish.. :smalltongue:

JadedDM
2007-05-17, 11:43 PM
Sounds interesting, as well as michael shanks was given the opprotunity to play the lead role as Daniel.

Sorry to dissapoint, but according to this (http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/newsarchive014.shtml), that is an unfounded rumor.

18 December 2006
Spin-off rumors put to rest

Over the last few days there has been some speculation regarding a 3rd series in the Stargate franchise, and the reported news that Michael Shanks has been approached to star in the series.

We have just received confirmation from Michael via his publicist that the information regarding his reported involvement in the series is "completely unfounded and unsubstantiated. No one has contacted Michael with any such news/offerings/ideas, etc."

As far as Michael is concerned, this is "just an unfounded rumor."

(RDA PLEASE COME BACK!!!)

Again, not to crush your hopes, but I really doubt it. The man was on SG-1 for 8 years. That's a really long time. He chose to leave the show to spend more time with his family. Why would he sign up for a new show then?

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-18, 03:51 AM
It needed to end eventually.

c222
2007-05-18, 04:34 AM
I'm also disappointed that it is ending but i am glad that there is still atlants. I think that Amanda and David will do great together.

P.S. The most rescent episodes in the US are only "The Game" and "Bounty" unfortunately. (I have seen them all.)

Archonic Energy
2007-05-18, 02:30 PM
Overshadow? I don't know. The few interactions we've seen with Carter and McKay have been rather humorous. It's sure there will be a kind of rivalry between them (mostly sparked by McKay and his ego).

humourous yes. However because Carter is such a prominent character i see McKay replacing Zelenka as the "Main Scienist's Right Hand Man" with Carter becoming the "Primary Science Geek" (or Plot explaining person)

also because Carter is much more able to handle herself in a fight McKay will rarely get to go off world.

0wca
2007-05-18, 11:18 PM
Sorry to dissapoint, but according to this (http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/newsarchive014.shtml), that is an unfounded rumor.

18 December 2006
Spin-off rumors put to rest

Over the last few days there has been some speculation regarding a 3rd series in the Stargate franchise, and the reported news that Michael Shanks has been approached to star in the series.

We have just received confirmation from Michael via his publicist that the information regarding his reported involvement in the series is "completely unfounded and unsubstantiated. No one has contacted Michael with any such news/offerings/ideas, etc."

As far as Michael is concerned, this is "just an unfounded rumor."

That still doesn't mean he won't do it. They haven't officially asked him yet right?:smallsmile:

Again, not to crush your hopes, but I really doubt it. The man was on SG-1 for 8 years. That's a really long time. He chose to leave the show to spend more time with his family. Why would he sign up for a new show then?[/I]

A spontaneous moment of wishful thinking. :smalltongue:

JadedDM
2007-05-19, 02:25 AM
That still doesn't mean he won't do it. They haven't officially asked him yet right?

Well, technically. I must concede that. Michael Shanks is hard to negotiate with (remember that year he left the show because he felt they weren't putting enough emphasis on hiw character?), but it is possible.

From what I understand, though, Stargate Universe will not be a spin-off like Atlantis was, so most likely, they'll be going with an all-new cast. We'll see.

Adrius
2007-05-19, 04:46 AM
Ending the series where they did is kind of suck, but honestly, it probably should have ended after season 8. I'll look forward to the movies, but I won't complain a whole lot.

Plus, Amanda Tapping's moving to Atlantis as a regular (along with Jewel "cutest person on the planet" Staite), so maybe that show will be watchable now.

It already is watchable. My opinion is that it's been better than SG-1 since it came out :p

Deckmaster
2007-05-19, 10:38 PM
I am confused. There are still episodes to be aired. I just saw a commercial saying it was coming back on in two weeks.

I know this is the last season, but it's not over yet. Did 0wca jump the gun with this thread? Or are they getting future episodes sooner somewhere outside the US?

JadedDM
2007-05-20, 12:54 AM
From what I understand, the last episode of the 10th season was in March. The DVD for the 10th season is due out in mid-July.

Deckmaster
2007-05-20, 01:36 PM
But what I'm saying is that, here in Michigan at least, they are still airing new episodes.

My cable provider is based in Canada, but I've never gotten anything other than American channels and I've certainly haven't gotten episodes of some shows later.

Can someone explain to me why they would air episodes of an American show sooner outside the US than in it?

Logic
2007-05-20, 06:40 PM
But what I'm saying is that, here in Michigan at least, they are still airing new episodes.

My cable provider is based in Canada, but I've never gotten anything other than American channels and I've certainly haven't gotten episodes of some shows later.

Can someone explain to me why they would air episodes of an American show sooner outside the US than in it?
It is made in Vancouver, British Columbia. Maybe Canadians just got it first?

Beleriphon
2007-05-20, 10:20 PM
It is made in Vancouver, British Columbia. Maybe Canadians just got it first?

Space, the Canadian version of SciFi Channel, usually airs these sorts of things after SciFi but the same week. However with SG-1 I've noticed that they actually air the episodes up to two week in advance. I have no idea why, but what can you do?