PDA

View Full Version : What have i done

arixe
2015-09-20, 05:11 AM
So i gave my player this semi sentient ooze id say it has an int of 1 but the alchemist used it for mental exercises by using his arcane energies to manipulate its shape. I just cant figure out what it could be used for like actual in game bonuses. I mean its a cool toy but not much else.... Oh and its ticklish as a flavor thing.

Spore
2015-09-20, 05:54 AM
I don't follow. What seems to be the problem? Your players should come up with ideas and you award boni for clever use. For further consideration it would be important what kind of ooze. A black pudding is inherently different from Flubber, the magical Disney & Dragons Ooze.

arixe
2015-09-20, 06:54 AM
That makes sense haha usually i never i dont hand out abstract items like that with out much thought but it just popped into my head and i gave it to them before i fully fleashed out what it did

Spore
2015-09-20, 07:46 AM
Just remember to play as a sentient creature. It shouldn't be angry at someone abusing it. But it should react to pain, to chemical stimuli and food.

Uncle Pine
2015-09-20, 08:03 AM
Just remember to play as a sentient creature. It shouldn't be angry at someone abusing it. But it should react to pain, to chemical stimuli and food.

It has an Int score of 1. Of course it'll be angry at someone abusing it. When was the last time that you abused a giant crocodile and got away with it?

Bronk
2015-09-20, 08:38 AM
There's also another thread that's currently down the page a bit that might give you some ideas...

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?443190-Ooze-Items