PDA

View Full Version : A girl and her Fed unspoilered spoilers ahead.

halfeye
2015-09-20, 09:39 AM
I'm waiting for things to happen.

At the moment I'm puzzled that the guys aren't running for their lives. They just found out that the Admiral's personal assistant is Clarice. Which means she knows he's meeting up with them. So why isn't there a ticking nuke in his car?

However, more to the point, why didn't they assume a bomb in his briefcase the second he recognised her, and start evacuating soon after. These are supposed to be smart people, and they know what she's like.

In the longer term, how long is it going to take to get to the root of the purpose of the chip, Clarice has made the direction if not the mechanism of that moderately clear in asides and villainous monologues.

Traab
2015-09-20, 11:18 AM
I'm waiting for things to happen.

At the moment I'm puzzled that the guys aren't running for their lives. They just found out that the Admiral's personal assistant is Clarice. Which means she knows he's meeting up with them. So why isn't there a ticking nuke in his car?

However, more to the point, why didn't they assume a bomb in his briefcase the second he recognised her, and start evacuating soon after. These are supposed to be smart people, and they know what she's like.

In the longer term, how long is it going to take to get to the root of the purpose of the chip, Clarice has made the direction if not the mechanism of that moderately clear in asides and villainous monologues.

Keep in mind they can interact with mechanical as well as electronic devices. They can and have detected and shut down all recording devices people have tried to sneak in, even some antiques that arent really electronic as we tend to think of them at all. So if clarice tried to sneak in a bomb, they would detect it rapidly. Secondly, clarice is in this for the info. She doesnt know they intend to share her picture with him, so for all she knows, this is just another standard meeting where they jockey for power and control.

The root purpose of the chip is probably going to stay carefully secret for awhile. Can you imagine what would happen if word got out that people with the chip are seeing "ghosts"? They cant risk that being general knowledge because it would tank their reputations just as they are getting established. And then there is clarice's real goal. Can you imagine how horrifying it would be if that got out? "Yeah, not only is there an afterlife, but the more famous and well remembered you are after you die, the more powerful your spirit becomes. No, no it doesnt seem to matter if you are remembered with love or hate." There would be a thousand clarice copycats out there trying to get as well known as possible by whatever means they can think of in the attempt to be powerful after death. And knowing there IS an afterlife, these people would lose all fear of dying.

halfeye
2015-09-20, 11:31 AM
Keep in mind they can interact with mechanical as well as electronic devices. They can and have detected and shut down all recording devices people have tried to sneak in, even some antiques that arent really electronic as we tend to think of them at all. So if clarice tried to sneak in a bomb, they would detect it rapidly. Secondly, clarice is in this for the info. She doesnt know they intend to share her picture with him, so for all she knows, this is just another standard meeting where they jockey for power and control.

I got the impression this was the first meeting in years. Maybe not, I suppose, but without the checking being mentioned on screen, it just seems odd she didn't even try.

The root purpose of the chip is probably going to stay carefully secret for awhile. Can you imagine what would happen if word got out that people with the chip are seeing "ghosts"? They cant risk that being general knowledge because it would tank their reputations just as they are getting established. And then there is clarice's real goal. Can you imagine how horrifying it would be if that got out? "Yeah, not only is there an afterlife, but the more famous and well remembered you are after you die, the more powerful your spirit becomes. No, no it doesnt seem to matter if you are remembered with love or hate." There would be a thousand clarice copycats out there trying to get as well known as possible by whatever means they can think of in the attempt to be powerful after death. And knowing there IS an afterlife, these people would lose all fear of dying.

The root purpose of the chip is unknown to the chip bearers, what they already know is worrying, what Clarice has implied is horrific, but there's a lot still unspecified.