PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps killing the Stone Creed had nothing to do with Hal's current plan?

somethingrandom
2015-09-20, 10:49 AM
I am considering the possibility that the reason HPoH killed the cleric of the stone creed has nothing to do with Hal's plan to destroy the world. We know that Hal did not have a high level cleric before Durakon became a vampire. I think HPoH killed and then Vamped the Stone Creed cleric in case his plan fails which most likely means that HPoH is destroyed. And i think most gods like having a high level cleric.

Bulldog Psion
2015-09-20, 11:03 AM
Quite possible. The new vampires could be Plan B, or even Plan C.

The one thing I personally think is unlikely is that it's just a totally spontaneous act of hunger on Lurky Corpsewhiskers' part. I'm convinced he has something in mind beyond feeding.

martianmister
2015-09-20, 11:48 AM
Hal killed them because:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2014/2161508597_c48ca5f505.jpg

Emperordaniel
2015-09-20, 12:18 PM
Hal killed them because:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2014/2161508597_c48ca5f505.jpg

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.

martianmister
2015-09-20, 12:25 PM
Open the pod bay doors, Hal.

Sorry Daniel, I can't do that.

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/images/hal9000.jpg

137beth
2015-09-20, 03:25 PM
Hal didn't like that Dorukan was his only cleric, seeing as Dorukan is actually a wizard.

Mad Humanist
2015-09-20, 03:31 PM
When did we start calling Hel "Hal"?

Bulldog Psion
2015-09-20, 03:56 PM

What the hal are you talking about? :smallwink:

Ron Miel
2015-09-20, 04:04 PM
Where does it say that he vamped them?

I think he killed them because he was hungry. A vampire needs no other reason.

littlebum2002
2015-09-20, 04:23 PM

And Durkon "Dorukan"?

He killed them by draining their blood, which automatically vamps them.

DeliaP
2015-09-20, 04:43 PM

And Durkon "Dorukan"?

Well, there's the source of your confusion: I think you'll find it's Durakon we're supposed to be talking about. :smallbiggrin:

Goosefarble
2015-09-20, 04:44 PM
Where's Cizak with Ray, Haliat, Voorsovias, and the old gang?

TheMiningDwarf
2015-09-20, 10:07 PM
*Insert Image of Hal from Malcolm in the Middle here*

Ramien
2015-09-20, 10:45 PM

Except that he's still a thinking being who likely wouldn't risk possible discovery by feeding (when he's been getting fed by the rest of the party) right before starting to pull off Hel's plan.

Lappy9001
2015-09-21, 12:15 AM
Where's Cizak with Ray, Haliat, Voorsovias, and the old gang?They're most likely hanging out with Xyklon the Consequential.

GAAD
2015-09-21, 12:59 AM
Really? I thought Xyklon was currently fighting the Coalition of the Darkhorse, composed of Rob Redblade, Murkon Lightninghammer, Redcloak's niece, That Guy With A Halberd, Shelby the Dragonslayer, and Jiminy Starshine.

littlebum2002
2015-09-21, 01:07 AM
*Insert Image of Hal from Malcolm in the Middle here*

Last I heard he got diagnosed with cancer and his life went downhill from there.

Emperordaniel
2015-09-21, 01:16 AM
Really? I thought Xyklon was currently fighting the Coalition of the Darkhorse, composed of Rob Redblade, Murkon Lightninghammer, Redcloak's niece, That Guy With A Halberd, Shelby the Dragonslayer, and Jiminy Starshine.

Don't be ridiculous.

Shelby the Dragonslayer died several books ago. :smalltongue:

Onyavar
2015-09-21, 02:17 AM
Well, there's the source of your confusion: I think you'll find it's Durakon we're supposed to be talking about. :smallbiggrin:

This gag reminds me of the Durakell Bunny. It runs and runs and...

The Pilgrim
2015-09-21, 08:21 AM
Bozzak and Maleki are revolving in their grooves.

Emperordaniel
2015-09-21, 08:29 AM
All this talk about the world within the rift, and yet no one speculates that Tarkin wants to blow it up? :smallwink:

137beth
2015-09-22, 08:22 AM

No, that was Zyklon, not Xyklon.

Where's HPoP in all this?

martianmister
2015-09-22, 01:55 PM
Where's HPoP in all this?

She's fighting with Hades' cronies, trying to free her mistress.

Alchemist_Fire
2015-09-22, 02:20 PM
Last I heard he got diagnosed with cancer and his life went downhill from there.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/Cats_Are_Aliens/Banners/DurkonVampire_zps6711c6b8.png "Elan, boy, we haf ta cook!"

:elan: "No, Mr. Thundershield, yo. It's, like, gettin' dangerous, ya know?"

It's just too bad that no one could cure Walter's cancer (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0984.html).

dps
2015-09-22, 04:36 PM

I don't even think it was that. He killed them because he could.

It clearly wasn't part of Hel's plan to vamp them. HPoH only killed them after establishing that they weren't protected by the rules of the Godsmoot, and that they were low on/out of high-level spells. That, at the least, very heavily implies that he wouldn't have attacked them otherwise, which means that it wasn't necessary to kill them for Hel's plan to work.

jere7my
2015-09-22, 08:07 PM

Because if you'll be my bodyguard
I can be your long-lost pal
I can call you Roy
and Roy, when I worship, I can worship Hal.

thatSeniorGuy
2015-09-23, 05:28 AM
... and I think that jere7my won the thread :biggrin:

somethingrandom
2015-09-23, 01:58 PM
I should have known better than to be careless with spelling on the internet.

dtilque
2015-09-25, 12:52 AM
Because if you'll be my bodyguard
I can be your long-lost pal
I can call you Roy
and Roy, when I worship, I can worship Hal.

don't wanna end up in a cartoon graveyard...

ORione
2015-09-25, 02:34 AM

Durkula shouldn't be hungry. The Order's been keeping him full.

But back on topic - how do misspellings of OotS characters even happen? It's not like it's difficult to find their names in writing.

Ramien
2015-09-25, 03:36 AM
Durkula shouldn't be hungry. The Order's been keeping him full.

But back on topic - how do misspellings of OotS characters even happen? It's not like it's difficult to find their names in writing.

To be fair, the Order's been keeping the HPoH sustained, not full. I can understand him wanting to feed more but not having had the opportunity, but I do believe there's something more than that going on.

137beth
2015-10-01, 02:29 PM
She's fighting with Hades' cronies, trying to free her mistress.

I love how there are two wildly different possible interpretations of this post, largely due to the ambiguity of the word 'with'. The obvious one (which I admit is not the first interpretation I thought of) is that HPoP is fighting against Hades' cronies, trying to free her mistress from Hades.
But the first think I thought of when I read it was that HPoP is fighting alongside Hades' cronies, trying to free her mistress (and Hades) from something else. What's the something else? The Snarlworld? The IFCC?

Emperordaniel
2015-10-01, 03:00 PM
I love how there are two wildly different possible interpretations of this post, largely due to the ambiguity of the word 'with'. The obvious one (which I admit is not the first interpretation I thought of) is that HPoP is fighting against Hades' cronies, trying to free her mistress from Hades.
But the first think I thought of when I read it was that HPoP is fighting alongside Hades' cronies, trying to free her mistress (and Hades) from something else. What's the something else? The Snarlworld? The IFCC?

They're obviously fighting for freedom from Shojo's assertion that the Gods of the East perished millennia ago. :smallbiggrin:

Jasdoif
2015-10-01, 03:32 PM
But the first think I thought of when I read it was that HPoP is fighting alongside Hades' cronies, trying to free her mistress (and Hades) from something else. What's the something else? The Snarlworld? The IFCC?Why, the High Priest of Hecate, of course.

See, the High Priest of Hecate would be HPoH, but the High Priest of Hel already has claim to the term....Or maybe HPoHe, but that could apply equally to the High Priest of Hel. So they'd have to go out to HPoHec and HPoHel to make it clear.

It's all a plot between Hades and Hecate to supplant Hel. Everytime someone is forced to ease their language and says "What the heck" instead of "What the hell", Hecate gets a royalty; while Hades sues Hel for ownership of the underworld by virtue of name (since "Hades" and "Hades" have a Levenshtein distance of 0, whereas "Hel" and "Hell" have a Levenshtein distance of 1).

That way, when Hel's plot succeeds and she becomes Queen of the Northern Pantheon, this holy divine team will overthrow her position and claim her newly-acquired power. And with the additional power, they will be the strongest of all the deities for the next world. Hades will rule the underworld, Hecate will be the Mistress of Magic.

So Persephone's own high priest is supposed to separate Hades from Hecate, only to compel them to turn their duumvirate into a triumvirate. That way, she can be assured that all of the next world's pomegranates will be seedless, as is her desire for the next iteration of the universe.