2015-09-20, 12:21 PM
VANA
The Lady of the Evanescent
Alignment Neutral Good
Area of Concern Willful finite existence
Domains Darkness, Good, Repose, Sun
Subdomains Agatheon, Loss, Revelation, Souls,
Favored Weapon Dagger
Symbol A horizontal line, with a semicircle upon the top half of it, taking up one third of the line. Representative of a setting sun.
Obedience
Sit in an area of darkness and contemplate the end of your existence. By the end of the hour, the area you are in must come to light, be it by the rising of the sun or the lighting of a candle. Gain a +4 sacred bonus against spells of the fear descriptor.

Boons- Celestial Obedience
1: Vana's Comfort (Sp) Swallow your Fear 3/day, Soothing Word 2/day, or Sands of Time 1/day
2: Claim Reward (Su) You become one who given opportunity, will seek to claim their final reward to save another. Whenever an adjacent ally is the target of a melee or ranged attack, you can move to take their place. They gain cover against the attack (and only that attack). If the attack misses them but would have hit them if not for the cover bonus to their attack, you become the new target of the attack and the attacker must make a new attack roll (with all the same modifiers) against your armor class.
3: Visions of Damnation (Sp) Once per day you can show evil creatures the horrors that await them. This functions identically to Waves of Ecstasy except as follows; This can only effect evil-aligned creatures and neutral creatures that possess an evil-aligned patron. This ability causes affected creatures to be panicked for 1 round and frightened for the duration. Creatures that succeed on their saves are instead frightened for 1 round and shaken for the duration. This ability is the equivalent of a 9th-level spell.

Vana is an empyreal lord known as the Lady of the Evanescent. Her concerns lie with a single issue, stemming from it, the willful end of one's existence. Not of the vile act of suicide, but specifically the destruction of souls that do not wish to lead an eternal existence. Those that offer her worship are promised that in her domain, they may choose to live but a finite existence before being snuffed out. To most mortal life, this is a horrifying prospect, but there are those who find eternity to be the true horror. For this reason she exists.

Appearance
Vana appears as a tall, pale, beautiful woman forever resting on the edge of starvation.

History
The Lady of the Evanescent began her immortal existence, not as one of heaven but of the lower planes, but another one of the hunted who would become a daemon. With each soul she devoured her power grew, as did her ravenous hunger. She saw each person as mere prey, until something happened. Individuals desiring a true and final end to their existence came to Abaddon. While most daemons would simply enjoy this offering and move on to the next prey, the memory of it lingered with her as she fed. In time she became horrified with the actions she had taken, the screams of the hunted sickened her, and yet she hungered. For the end she still longed, but she could no longer bring herself to feed upon those who would flee given a chance.
How she parted from Abaddon and what led her to the position she is in today is a mystery, but her solution is not. While still she hungers, those who willingly come to her for their oblivion are more than enough to keep her sated.

Church of Vana
An oddity among most faiths, devotees of the Lady of the Evanescent seek to promote much the same things as most faiths of benevolence do, not to the promise of a good afterlife but that their afterlife will be brief and without pain. They believe that nothing should last forever, and in one's time they should aid others. To them, seeing the beauty in loss, in a finite existence, is a revelation in of itself. While Vana isn't concerned with one's exact conduct in life, or even redemption, doing good onto others is an aspect stressed by her followers and that her example is one to follow for those who have follow.

At this point in time it is a work in progress. This is the second what one could consider a pantheon in the works. A set of demigods, each coming from a different fiendish race.

Gnashthvog; The Devourer of Sin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?443997-Empyreal-Lord-The-Devourer-of-Sin)
Liv-Or, The Smiling Flagellant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?442835-Empyreal-Lord-The-Smiling-Flagellant)

Xuldarinar
2016-09-20, 01:24 PM
Updated the Lady of the Evanescent. Just need to create one final Boon, but.. i haven't a clue at this time.

Seeking feedback, of course.

inuyasha
2016-09-21, 07:45 PM
Wow, I was definitely surprised when I saw you made an Empyreal Lord, you don't tend to make good-aligned things very often. Then I saw what this was, and it's awesome!

What are the Obedience and Boon things from? I haven't bought any of the campaign setting books or really looked them over yet via the archives.

nikkoli
2016-09-21, 07:51 PM
They are from inner sea gods (for the gods versions), and the book of the righteous(?) It was a pamphlet type book that had a whole bunch of stats about empherial lords presented in the exact same manor as presented here. There is also a corosponding one for the demon lords in the book of the damned (?).
The obedience is an act you do every day in veneration that gives a small and flavorful boost. The boons are powers you can get at 12, 16, and 20 I believe if you take the feat empherial obediance, if you take the mystery cultists prc you can access them at 9, 13, 16 I beleive.
Idea for the third boon maybe 3/day a touched creature can be shown the eternal expanses of the universe, and a finite alternative to this. The creature makes a will save or be stunned for 1d4 rounds?

I've been looking at GNASHTHVOG, but I really can't think of anything for his boons. I have a character idea that he would make a good diety for.

Xuldarinar
2016-09-22, 01:20 AM
Wow, I was definitely surprised when I saw you made an Empyreal Lord, you don't tend to make good-aligned things very often. Then I saw what this was, and it's awesome!

What are the Obedience and Boon things from? I haven't bought any of the campaign setting books or really looked them over yet via the archives.

Glad to see you found this one.

As for your question;

They are from inner sea gods (for the gods versions), and the book of the righteous(?) It was a pamphlet type book that had a whole bunch of stats about empherial lords presented in the exact same manor as presented here. There is also a corosponding one for the demon lords in the book of the damned (?).
The obedience is an act you do every day in veneration that gives a small and flavorful boost. The boons are powers you can get at 12, 16, and 20 I believe if you take the feat empherial obediance, if you take the mystery cultists prc you can access them at 9, 13, 16 I beleive.
Idea for the third boon maybe 3/day a touched creature can be shown the eternal expanses of the universe, and a finite alternative to this. The creature makes a will save or be stunned for 1d4 rounds?

I've been looking at GNASHTHVOG, but I really can't think of anything for his boons. I have a character idea that he would make a good diety for.

Thank you for answering. And im glad you like that one. I actually have a goal, but... We'll see if I ever get there. I welcome others to contribute to this.. pantheon though.

I want to see an empyreal lord made for each of the fiendish races, representing the qualities of that fiendish race but recast in a benevolent light.

Liv-Or was a kyton, and retains his masochistic nature, but the meaning of the pain is changed and the additional conduct is shifted. It is no longer inflicted on the unwilling.

Gnashthvug was a qlippoth, and retains his utter loathing of demons and aberrant nature, but rather than attempting to wipe out all mortal life to stop the genesis of more demons, he promotes demon hunting and seeking to wipe out sin.. the thing that causes mortals to then in turn become demons.

Vana was a daemon, and retains her hunger for souls, but instead consumes the souls of those who want their souls consumed. She offers a permanent end to those who find the prospect of eternity to be a horror in of itself, without forcing them to turn to malevolent patrons.

This leaves Asura, Demodand, Demon, Devil, Div, Oni, and Rakshasa.

Well... ok, not devil actually as one already exists (or close enough for the purpose of this) in the form of Ragathiel. But the rest i do want to either do myself or see others attempt.

nikkoli
2016-09-22, 03:06 AM
IIRC Ragathial is the son of Des and one of the elemental Lords of fire, I'm not positive what that made/makes him, but he's an angel now.

And it's "chronicles of the righteous" for the official empherial lords.

I think the third boon for Vana could be something like showing them the truth or the error of their sins or what have you, and either making them take a neutral position towards you because you've shown them what the "afterlife" could hold for them, or cause them to be stunned from sort of a sensory /emotional overload. Or something else to help kind of show something or someone how her tenants hold up compared to how the daemons, and other things that nom nom souls, normally run around doing things

Anyway I like your work, keep it up.

Xuldarinar
2016-09-27, 01:51 PM
I've now completed Vana and Gnashthvug, and Liv-or was already completed.

Now I want to know one thing; What type of fiend should I try next?

Asura
Demodand
Demon
Devil
Div
Oni
Rakshasa

I think the one I've the clearest idea on is Div, but I could go any route. I just want to know what people would most want to see added.

nikkoli
2016-09-27, 04:05 PM
I like the 3rd boon.
I'm partial to demons, only because they are my favorite of the fiends. But div's are a group that seldom come up into the world and can always use more fluff near them.

inuyasha
2016-09-27, 04:10 PM
I honestly think you should do the Demodand soon, but that'd probably be the hardest one. I think it'd be cool because the Demodands really get no attention or love.

Xuldarinar
2016-09-27, 05:21 PM
Then its decided. My next two will be two underappreciate fiends.

Div: I imagine a div empyreal lord as a destroyer, but specifically of that which is stagnant or already in ruin, to make room for new things.

Demodand: A empyreal lord that champions those who rise above their beginnings. Im.. not sure how'll retain the part about being against gods with a good demigod, but we'll see.

inuyasha
2016-09-27, 05:23 PM
Then its decided. My next two will be two underappreciate fiends.

Div: I imagine a div empyreal lord as a destroyer, but specifically of that which is stagnant or already in ruin, to make room for new things.

Demodand: A empyreal lord that champions those who rise above their beginnings. Im.. not sure how'll retain the part about being against gods with a good demigod, but we'll see.

Maybe the Demodand one's purpose is to go against those who seek godhood through evil means, or those who get close to it (like an epic level demilich or something)

nikkoli
2016-09-27, 05:36 PM
Like inyuasha said, the demodand could be someone who not only opposes ascension through vile means, but could also be an empherial lord who takes how they came to be as one of the more vile acts. I could see the demodand empherial Lord being someone who is against creating and the perversion of life. As to prevent those creations from becoming corrupt like the demodand did from the Titans that made them (according to their paizo fluff).