PDA

View Full Version : Children's Toys - IC

Pages : [1] 2

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-20, 05:29 PM
You wake up, and know that your children are once again in peril. Before you have even got out of your bed, down from your shelf or up from the floor, you become aware of a massive banging and crashing noise somewhere nearby that shakes the walls of your house in a slow, pulsing rhythm. Perhaps you look out of the window or run to a door; if you do you see that the children are running around the fountain in the town square, chased by a pair of lumbering brutes!

You race down into the square - where the cobblestones are still wet with last night's rain - and meet with the other warrior-toys, ready to repel the monsters. They turn their ugly, toothsome faces towards you and bellow out fearsome warcries... roll initiative!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cf9jlu3juw420z/Village%20Square.pdf?dl=0) is a rough map of the square (apologies for the quality. I'll set up a Roll20 page at some point, but I wanted to get underway as quickly as possible). G and T are the monsters, pink squares are children and coloured squares are you guys.

JNAProductions
2015-09-20, 05:35 PM
Children! Stay away from them-we'll handle this! Red clears his throat, before bellowing out orders. It's a giant and a troll! Focus on the giant-we need fire to kill the troll, otherwise it'll just come back! Pix'Run, I want you to engage the troll to distract it and keep the children safe!

[roll0]

kladams707
2015-09-21, 05:08 PM
Pix'run's eyes narrow at the command by Red. Still, it was no time to argue. His Rinn was in danger, and he was ready to defend her.

[roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-09-21, 05:09 PM
[roll0]
To notice Pix'Run's eye narrowing. It's a hectic situation, so Imma roll and see if I notice.

I did notice!

Pix, you're the toughest of us all. We need someone to keep the troll distracted while the rest of us get rid of the giant. But, Red says, drawing his rapier, we really don't have time for this.

TurboGhast
2015-09-22, 09:01 PM
[roll0]

Torigis jolts into focus after a spacing out a bit, then prepares to fight. She summons up her war pick, but hesitates a bit as she needs to come up with a strategy.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-23, 02:08 PM
Top of round 1

Turn order:
21 Red
16 Torigis
15 Mo
12 Pix'run
12 Tinokk the Minotaur
11 Gonn the Ettin

Red, you're up!

JNAProductions
2015-09-23, 02:23 PM
Begone, you stupid idiot! Red yells, charging forward with his rapier in hand, ending as close to between the children and Gonn as possible.

Vicious Mockery, complete with childish insult. Target is Gonn. [roll0] for damage.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-23, 02:27 PM
Gonn Wisdom save [roll0]

Oi, did 'e just call us a stoopid idiot?
Well 'e's right, you is a stoopid idiot!
Nah-uh, i's you oo is da stoopid idiot!

Gonn continues in this vein for several minutes.

Torigis' turn!

TurboGhast
2015-09-23, 07:57 PM
Torigis states '' I'll take down that - wait, it just turned into a minotaur? I'm still going after it!'', and
runs up to it full tilt!

Become adjacent to Tinokk by using a Dash action.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-24, 01:03 AM
Pix'run: time to go!

kladams707
2015-09-25, 07:24 AM
Seeing his target change was a relative surprise, but it didn't phase him deciding to attack the monster where the troll once stood.

His form changes, taking on the aspect of a large, brown bear. He let's out a guttural roar and charges forward at Tinokk.

Bonus action: Wild shape to Brown Bear (CR 1, Circle of Moon)

Move to engage Tinokk:

Action: If close enough, multiattack.
Bite:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Claws:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Otherwise, use my action to dash there

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-25, 08:16 AM
Pix'run charges at Tinokk and attacks, but the minotaur's thick skin protects it from harm. It immediately retaliates, slashing out with its axe.

Greataxe: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Meanwhile, Gonn finally agrees with itself that Red needs to be squished. It stomps past the fleeing children and attacks.

Battleaxe: [roll2]
Disadvantage (due to Vicious Mockery): [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Morningstar: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

Top of Round 2

http://i57.tinypic.com/5fkpi0.jpg
Red's turn

JNAProductions
2015-09-25, 10:49 AM
HP-51-13-7=31 God that guy hits hard

Oof! Red lets out as the weapons slam into him. Try to catch me now! he says, darting from side to side.

As an afterthought, he sheathes his rapier, bringing his flute to his lips and beginning to play a tune.

Dodge action, because JESUS!

Also grant Bardic Inspiration (d6) to Pix'Run

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-25, 02:14 PM
Torigis, time to move!

TurboGhast
2015-09-26, 06:25 AM
Torigis performs a back and forth strike with her war pick, then mentally prepares to cast the shield spell either Tinokk or Gonn try striking her.

Attack action!
Attack 1
Attack roll (25 = crit):[roll0]
Damage roll:[roll1]
Crit Bonus:[roll2]

Attack 2
Attack roll (25 = crit):[roll3]
Damage roll:[roll4]
Crit Bonus:[roll5]

Off turn:
Cast Sheild using reaction if foe using AC targeting attack / magic missile targets me.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-26, 07:07 AM
Torigis lands a glancing blow against Tinokk, but the monster doesn't look fazed at all.

It is now Pix'run's turn.

kladams707
2015-09-26, 08:19 AM
Pix'run, frustrated he didn't pierce the minotaur's skin, let's out a bellow, stemming from a deep-seated need to protect. This bellow was clearly different from his earlier roar as his eyes went completely black and his bear muscles seemed to grow. Enraged, he make another attack, gnashing his teeth and swiping his claws.

Bonus: Rage

Action: Multiattack
Attack (bite):
[roll0]
[roll1]

Attack (claws)
[roll2]
[roll3]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-26, 09:31 AM
Tinokk watches and laughs as the raging bear swipes at imaginary foes. I don't know which is more funny: the big bear that can't hit me, or the little bear that can't hurt me!

He looks at both of you, then attempts to hit Pix'run with his axe.

Greataxe: [roll0]

The two-headed Gonn tries to track Red's movements...

Hah, Gonn will catch you, little man!
Oi, real Gonn will catch you first!
Me is real Gonn! ME!

With one hand, Gonn attempts to shove Red to the ground. The other hand then swings downwards with his morningstar...

Shove: [roll2]
Red, please make a Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check. Edit: that's a critical fail. Red avoids the shove.
Morningstar: [roll3]
Disadvantage (due to Dodge, if the shove fails): [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Top of Round 3.

Map (http://i57.tinypic.com/2qa8s1v.png) is unchanged from round 2, except that Mo appears at the South edge. He will act on initiative 15, after Torigis.

And now it's Red's turn.

JNAProductions
2015-09-28, 08:33 AM
Right, time to get serious. Red begins playing a different tune on his flute, and as he does illusory doubles of himself appear to Gonngonn, some wielding rapiers, others flutes. They dart and dash around, occasionally stabbing at him, but mostly confusing his blows.

Phantasmal Force! Damage: [roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-28, 08:44 AM
Gonn Intelligence save: [roll0]

Gonn roars with a mixture of confusion and anger. NO. Little magic men will not hurt Gonn!! He swats the phantasmal clones away with his morningstar.

Torigis steps up.

TurboGhast
2015-09-29, 08:11 AM
Given that weapon attacks are currently working for her, Torigis continues to use them, while still being ready to cast shield to defend.

Attack action!
Attack 1
Damage roll:[roll1]
Crit Bonus:[roll2]

Attack 2
Attack roll (25 = crit):[roll3]
Damage roll:[roll4]
Crit Bonus:[roll5]

Off turn:
Cast Sheild using reaction if foe using AC targeting attack / magic missile targets me.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-09-30, 02:18 AM
Two solid hits draw a scowl from the minotaur.

Go, Mo!

rlc
2015-09-30, 05:47 AM
Mo silently makes his way toward GonnGonn, then quickly dashes toward the beast, attacking with his short sword and attempting a stunning strike, followed by a sneak attack.
first ki point used with the dash, second with the stunning strike, for a total of 2 points.
attack action:
advantage on the 1st attack roll: 14 & 15
damage roll: 1
2nd attack roll: 19
damage roll: 2
sneak attack roll: 5
hopefully I did that right.

kladams707
2015-09-30, 08:12 PM
Pix'run bobs his head in frustration, once again trying to dig into Tinokk's flesh with teeth and claws.

Bite
Attack: [roll0]

Claws:
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-01, 03:34 AM
Gonn Con save: [roll0]
The ettin shrugs off Mo's stunning technique.

Tinokk blocks Pix'run's attacks, then decides to get reckless (all attacks against him have advantage until the start of his next turn)! He moves away from Pix'run and Torigis (allowing both to make opportunity attacks if desired) and charges back in, attempting to gore the little theo.

Attack: [roll1]
Advantage (from Reckless Attack): [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] piercing
If the attack hits, Torigis must make a DC 14 Strength save or be knocked back 10 feet and left prone.

kladams707
2015-10-01, 06:17 AM
Pix'run takes a swipe with his claws, hoping the opening Tinokk gave him will finally let him land a hit.

Reaction: Opportunity Attack. Assuming advantage, otherwise use first roll.

Damage: [roll2]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-01, 06:43 AM
Yes, you have advantage due to Tinokk's Reckless Attack.

Pix'run finally scores a hit, slashing the minotaur as he lines up for his goring charge. Torigis also gets in an attack with her pick, piercing the monster's hide.

Gonn, meanwhile, finally stops arguing with itself - each head is now engaged with a different target.

Left Gonn swings the battleaxe at Red: [roll0]
While Right Gonn swings the morningstar at Mo: [roll2]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-01, 07:04 AM
Top of round 4

http://i57.tinypic.com/kdsxg5.jpg
Red? Are you feeling okay?

TurboGhast
2015-10-01, 08:02 AM
Torigis makes an attack using the opening that Tinokk gave.

Advantage! :[roll1]
Damage roll:[roll2]
Crit Bonus:[roll3]

JNAProductions
2015-10-01, 08:10 AM
Red shouts You're an idiot! How the hell did you-burn in the nine, you insufferable jellysack! as he attempts to stay out of the way of any more serious hits.

Vicious Mockery, not dodging-[roll0] for damage.

Also, I'm always logged on, but I still sometimes sleep, so that's why it might take longer than it seems it should for me to post.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-01, 08:15 AM
Gonn Wis save: [roll0]

Mmm, Gonn likes jelly!

When I asked if Red was okay, I did actually mean Red, not you. He's had the stuffing beaten out of him!

Over to Torigis.

TurboGhast
2015-10-01, 06:48 PM
Torigis calls to Tinokk ''You've missed and left yourself open! Good Job!'' and strikes as hard as she hopes her words did.

Move adjacent to Tinokk if not already adjacent, then attack!
Attack 1
Attack roll (25 = crit): [roll0]
Advantage roll (assuming I still have from reckless attack last turn): [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]
Crit Bonus: [roll3]

Attack 2
Attack roll (25 = crit): [roll4]
Advantage roll: [roll5]
Damage roll: [roll6]
Crit Bonus: [roll7]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-02, 02:55 AM
Torigis strikes twice more, drawing a grunt from the minotaur. It looks like he's starting to regret his recklessness...

Tinokk is bloodied! And now, it's Mo's turn.

rlc
2015-10-05, 01:46 AM
Mo makes another sneak attack on GonnGonn, followed by a second attack.

first attack: 17
damage+sneak attack: 4+1=5
reaction used for second attack: nat 20!
damage+crit: 1+5=6

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-06, 07:32 AM
Mo attacks the huge ettin, scoring two more hits but failing to seriously wound the monster.

Pix'run, it's your turn.

kladams707
2015-10-06, 06:21 PM
Pix'run postures after he lands the hits, finally feeling reinvigorated. He gnashes his teeth and takes another swipe with his claws at Tinokk.

I believe he's still reckless

Bite:
Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

Claws:
Attack:
[roll3]
[roll4]

Damage:
[roll5]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 05:09 AM
Urghhh! Coughs Tinokk as Pix'run's attacks hit home. Where did that come from? Gonn! Get over here, you big lummox! This bear is tougher than I thought...

Tinokk tries to strike Pix'run, but he is fighting more defensively now (no longer using Reckless Attack).

Gonn, meanwhile, hears what Tinokk said and charges off towards the minotaur. Mo and Red may make Opportunity Attacks if they so desire.

Fortunately, his thick, stumpy legs are not the quickest, and he must forgo any attacks this round to get into melee with Pix'run.

Top of Round 5

http://i59.tinypic.com/2csanma.png

Your turn, Red.

JNAProductions
2015-10-08, 05:13 AM
Taste death, fiend!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Red, after a moment's thought, shouts out Your mother is ashamed of you!

Vicious Mockery on the bigger one.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-08, 05:21 AM
Gonn wis save: [roll0]

Hey, what did you say about Gonn's mother?! He looks very distracted.

And now, Torigis.

TurboGhast
2015-10-10, 09:36 AM
Torigis uses a spell to Shock Tinokk into letting her become unsurrounded, given that Gonn's having other issues.

Cast Shocking Grasp
Spell attack roll:[roll0]
Advantage, if I have it (I don't know OOC if Tinokk is wearing metal armor):[roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Lightning
Crit potental: [roll3] Lightning

If it hit, I move to the other side of Gonn, knowing that I might take on opportunity attack from him.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-12, 05:05 PM
...Mo? You there?

rlc
2015-10-14, 02:31 AM
Mo follows Gonn and attacks 4 times, using the power of Flurry of Blows as well as his extra attack!
1st attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
2nd attack: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]
3rd attack: [roll4]
damage: [roll5]
4th attack: [roll6]
damage: [roll7]
bonus action and 1 ki point used, total of 3 used and 3 remaining.

rlc
2015-10-14, 03:03 AM
Mo also uses his reaction to make an opportunity attack...
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-14, 03:44 AM
Mo demonstrates those unarmed combat skills, stinging Gonn's fleshy body multiple times. He looks significantly weakened, and the bickering between left Gonn and right Gonn has gotten a lot worse.

Get ready, Pix'run!

kladams707
2015-10-15, 02:41 PM
Pix'run in all his fury continues his onslaught against Tinokk, shaking off the damage done to himself. He bites at Tinokk's arm before tryng to rend it with his claws.

Bite
[roll0]
[roll1]

Claws
[roll2]
[roll3]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-15, 03:30 PM
Tinokk suffers a powerful swipe and goes down on one knee, trying to stay in the fight. His injuries prove too much though, and he soon collapses. You think you see a shaft of sunlight break through the clouds, and you can just about hear the children cheering from the other side of the square.

What? No! Shouts Gonn. Let's get the bear, Gonn!

Battleaxe: [roll0]
Disadvantage (from Vicious Mockery): [roll1]
Morningstar: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Top of Round 6

As the four of you surround Gonn and prepare to land the final blows, you hear a massive crash coming from somewhere else in the village. Gonn hears it too, and looks afraid.

Time for... Red!

JNAProductions
2015-10-15, 03:35 PM
Surrender, foul brute! Leave in peace and we'll let you live! he says, magic on the tip of his tongue but not being used.

Intimidate check to scare him away: [roll0]
With advantage, because of how beat up he is? [roll1]

And if he chooses not to run, Vicious Mockery again. [roll2]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-15, 04:02 PM
Gonn not surrender to you, little man!
You gonna be squished soon, anyways!

Gonn Wis save: [roll0]

Torigis, your turn.

TurboGhast
2015-10-17, 06:11 AM
Torigis strikes normally, in an attempt to defeat Gonn and move on to where the large crashing noise was!

Attack 1

Attack Roll:[roll0]
Damage Roll:[roll1]
Crit Roll (25 on atk):[roll2]

Attack 2

Attack Roll:[roll3]
Damage Roll:[roll4]
Crit Roll (25 on atk):[roll5]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-17, 07:09 AM
Torgiris' pick goes snicker-snack, and the ettin falls over backwards. Hooray!

You each gain 450XP!

With the monsters defeated, you take a moment to look around. Gaps in the clouds permit dappled sunlight to sparkle off the fountain in the centre of the square, and the children run towards you with smiles on their faces. Before they reach you though, there is a mighty crash not far away. What do you want to do?

TurboGhast
2015-10-18, 09:09 AM
Torigis goes toward the crash and tries to see what's going on there.

[roll0]

JNAProductions
2015-10-18, 09:17 AM
Red follows behind Torgis, hand still on his rapier. Stay back, children-we don't know if it's safe yet.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-18, 02:19 PM
Torigis and Red move towards the source of the noise. You go to the edge of the square and look down the street in time to see a massive leg crash through a row of buildings and onto the road. A single foot spans the entire width of the street and... yes, your noses wrinkle, even from here.

High up above you, a slow, deep voice booms: Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell a child to put into my tum!

The children scream, paralysed with fear!

kladams707
2015-10-18, 06:08 PM
Pix'run gives a gutteral sound, signaling Rinn to wait with the others kids. He follows suit after Torigis and Red, but soon stops, his nose rankling from the smell of the giant foot.

rlc
2015-10-20, 03:03 AM
Mo shrugs and follows his comrades towards the giant's foot.

TurboGhast
2015-10-21, 08:17 AM
Torigis puts a rag over her nose and continues walking toward the giant.

JNAProductions
2015-10-21, 10:37 AM
Well, my friends, it was a pleasure knowing you all. I fear we may not all make it out of this one, Red says.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-21, 02:22 PM
As you approach the massive foot (which is a right one), there is another sound behind you - the left foot has fallen, with its toes spilling out into the town square. The children shriek and run towards the fountain.

Oh-ho-ho-ho! Six little children to gobble right up!

You see a hand come down out of the sky (which has gotten awfully dark all of a sudden), its surface dirty and scarred, reaching towards the little ones.

JNAProductions
2015-10-21, 02:23 PM
NO! YOU WILL NOT HARM MY CHILDREN! Red shouts. FREEZE!

Hold Person, DC 15.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-21, 03:34 PM
The hand stops moving.

The voice says Oh-lo-wo-no! What have we here? A tiny magic doll - I will show you fear!

A great shuffling sound accompanies the sight of the right foot being lifted into the air. It seems that this giant is trying to stamp you out!

TurboGhast
2015-10-21, 07:02 PM
Torigis responds verbally to the giant's taunting, ''You're not pulling that off on my watch!'', then tries to knock it off balance using a noisy spell. She also gets ready to protect her allies.

Cast Thunderwave.
Reaction: Impose disadvantage with protection fighting style.

rlc
2015-10-22, 01:23 AM
Mo disengages from the giant (if that's necessary) and moves back over to the children, to ensure their safety (or however close to them that he can get within this turn, used as a normal action).

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-22, 05:08 AM
Torigis weaves her thunder magic, shaking the sole grounded foot and forcing the colossus to abort its attack and place its one mobile hand on top of the nearest building. You can hear the building's fabric creak undering the weight.

The deep voice grumbles, then, once it has gotten stable, tries to pull its hand free from Red's magic...

[roll0]

...but fails to break the spell.

Jack says to Mo: what do we do? How can we escape from that huge thing?

JNAProductions
2015-10-22, 10:29 AM
I need to concentrate on the spell that's holding it. Someone else, Red says, is going to have to climb it and get to its head-that's where we can really do damage.

kladams707
2015-10-22, 12:56 PM
Still in his bear form, Pix'run stays grouped with the others. Upon hearing Red's suggestion, he lets out a loud roar and charges forward, attempting to ascend the giant, digging his claws in as best he can for a decent grip.

Athletics:

[roll0]

rlc
2015-10-22, 12:56 PM
Mo motions for Jack to stay where he is and runs toward the giant and begins climbing.
strength (athletics) check, if needed: [roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-22, 03:16 PM
Mo and Pix'Run leap onto the massive feet (right and left respectively) and start scrambling up the legs. You reach the knees without difficulty, but then an open-palmed hand swings towards Pix'run - please make a Dexterity saving throw!

kladams707
2015-10-22, 08:18 PM
As Pix'run scales the giant, he sees a shadow loom above him. He attempts to dodge it while still maintaining his position.

Dex check:

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-23, 07:25 AM
Di-do-dum-dee, get your furry paws off of me!

Pix'run evades the incoming hand, swinging around to the back of the gigantic leg. The two of you climb up to the hips, at which point the colossus suddenly bends down and makes another grab at the children!

[roll0]

Red feels the magic of his Hold Person spell snap, as the formerly-frozen fingers start to move once more.

TurboGhast
2015-10-23, 08:13 AM
Torigis uses more thunder magic to keep the now free hand away.

Thunderwave at the giant's hand.

kladams707
2015-10-23, 06:09 PM
Seeing the back of the giant flatten a bit, Pix'run charges across the giant.

Move as far as possible, including Daah if necessary/allowed

rlc
2015-10-25, 01:22 PM
Not to be outdone, Mo dashes across the giant's back as well!

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-26, 02:28 AM
Torigis times her Thunderwave so as to sting the giant hand just as it closes around the children. It flinches briefly and tries instead to form a fist and smash the plucky toy.

Please make a Dexterity saving throw!

Meanwhile, Mo beats Pix'run to the shoulders, the nimble monk making it look easy to balance on the back of the huge creature. From your new vantage point, you can see into its mouth, which is lined with wicked fangs. Moments later, you become aware of the creature's breath...

Please make a Constitution saving throw!

JNAProductions
2015-10-26, 08:56 AM
Red, seeing his friends and allies in danger, brings his flute to his lips and starts piping a jaunty, encouraging tune.

Gain Bardic Inspiration.

rlc
2015-10-26, 01:19 PM
Mo holds his nose at the stench of the giant's breath.
con save: [roll0]

kladams707
2015-10-27, 02:42 PM
Pix'run tries to mitigate the stench, covering his nose with his paws

Con saving throw: [roll0]

rlc
2015-10-27, 04:17 PM
using bardic inspiration...
[roll0]

TurboGhast
2015-10-29, 08:40 PM
Torigis attempts to dodge!

Dex save:[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-10-30, 04:59 AM
Torigis just barely dodges out of the way, landing inches away as the huge fist leaves a crater in the street. You jar your shoulder painfully as you land, taking half of [roll0] bludgeoning damage (10)!

Likewise, Mo and Pix'run endure the foul stench without vomiting. You both take half of [roll1] poison damage (6)!

The colossus sees out of the corner of its eyes that there are two creatures on its shoulders and responds by trying to rear up to its full height. You judge that you'd be about 100 feet above street level when it stops moving. Do you want to take any actions during the ascent?

kladams707
2015-11-03, 02:12 PM
Pix feeling the ascent decides to try and hold on, digging his claws into the giants's shoulders.

Athletics: [roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-11-03, 04:07 PM
With something like a weary moan, the huge creature rears up to its full height. Wind whistles past Mo and Pix'run's ears as they are hoisted into the murky sky - until the hoisting jerks to a sudden stop that makes your heads spin!

Please make Strength or Dexterity saves to hang on or keep your balance! Pix'run has advantage on the save, having braced himself on the way up.

Meanwhile, on the ground, Torigis and Red face no new dangers. They get the sense that the colossal person may be distracted.

JNAProductions
2015-11-03, 04:32 PM
Hey, muckface-your mother must be very dissappointed in you right now, picking on the little ones! Red shouts up at the giant.

Vicious Mockery. Because it can't hurt, can it? Right? Guys?

kladams707
2015-11-04, 07:08 PM
Pix digs his claws deeper, trying to hang on as the wind rushes passed him from the ascent

Strength save
[roll0]
[roll1]

rlc
2015-11-06, 01:03 PM
Mo attempts to hold on
[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-11-07, 11:43 AM
Mo and Pix'run both cling on and find themselves perched on the shoulders of this huge monster. It turns this way and that, eyeing them suspiciously.

It sounds like Red is saying something, a hundred feet below, but you can't make out the words. Hopefully it wasn't something important!

What would you like to do now?

kladams707
2015-11-07, 06:13 PM
How is the giant clothed?

Ninja_Prawn
2015-11-07, 09:46 PM
How is the giant clothed?

The giant is clothed in torn, stinking rags. The upper body wears what was once a tunic, clearly manufactured by some colossal tailor out of immense plant fibres. Its hair is bunched up and stuffed under some kind of hat.

kladams707
2015-11-15, 09:48 AM
In an attempt to surprise the giant and perhaps knock him off balance, Pix'run tries to crawl underneath the giant's torn shirt like a rodent crawling through another's clothes.

Athletics for moving around underneath:

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-11-15, 10:08 AM
Pix'run scurries down the giant's top. It is not a particularly pleasant experience, but no real harm comes to you. Inside the shirt, you notice that there is some kind of hanging pendant. It looks like a huge vial, hanging from a gold chain and stoppered with the trunk of a a cork tree.

You also notice a distinct lack of chest hair. Weird.

TurboGhast
2015-11-23, 08:26 AM
Torigis ties her rope to her crossbow bolt, then fires at the giant!

Attack roll:[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-11-23, 02:44 PM
The bolt hits, just, and it looks like it will stay in place. The tail end of the rope remains in Torigis' hands.

TurboGhast
2015-11-23, 08:20 PM
Torigis loudly requests that the others "Distract the giant!", and begins running around said giant in order to force him to trip.

JNAProductions
2015-11-23, 08:29 PM
Alright, try this on for size... Red says, before using Minor Illusion to imitate the voice of the smaller giants from earlier.

Oy! Big'un! You gotta come back!

kladams707
2015-11-25, 08:42 PM
Noticing the vial, Pix'runs attention turns to it. He makes his way over to it and grabs onto it. He attempts to use his weight and strength to pull the stopper from the container to see what might happen.

I'm guessing this would be a straight strength check.

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-11-26, 10:12 AM
Appearing startled by the familiar voice, the colossus stammers: Wha... bu... that doesn't... I mean: Ron Don Ton Too! I don't have to listen to you! ...although the fact it responded kind of implies that it was listening, and might well be distracted.

Meanwhile, Pix'run uses his bear hands to pry open the vial. As soon as he does, his druidic instincts respond to the smell. You are almost certain this is holy water.

rlc
2015-11-30, 04:36 AM
Mo pulls on the giant's ear to further distract it.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-11-30, 11:33 AM
Distracted by Mo's antics, the huge creature does not realise that Torigis has wrapped a rope around its legs. Instead, it attempts to swat the monk off of its shoulder.

Mo, please make a Dexterity saving throw!

rlc
2015-12-01, 08:38 PM
Mo attempts to dodge the giant's hand swatting at him
Dex save: [roll0]

TurboGhast
2015-12-05, 08:22 PM
Torigis finishes running around the giant, and ties part of the rope to itself to trap the giant, then continues pulling the rope to tighten the trap.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-12-06, 08:02 AM
Torigis pulls on the rope until it is tight around the massive ankles, but it is clear to her that she won't be able to knock the thing off balance under her own power. It is simply too heavy for one toy to move.

rlc
2015-12-08, 02:38 AM
Mo sees that Torigis is having trouble with tripping the giant. He jumps from the giant's shoulder and uses Slow Fall.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-12-08, 03:21 PM
Mo takes an epic leap of faith, taking [roll0] bludgeoning damage as he lands.

You can have a point of inspiration for your bravery!

kladams707
2015-12-09, 03:34 PM
With no other recourse, Pix'run attempts to latch onto the vial & swing it to make it spill.

Not sure what check to make, so just a d20 & I'll let you add the modifier

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-12-09, 07:07 PM
While Mo is picking himself up off the cold cobbles, Pix'run tried to swing the vial on its chain. He gets it going, and though it doesn't properly overturn, some of the water splashes onto the huge creature's chest.

It screams and howls in pain! Pix'run sees that the skin turns to grey powder wherever the water lands.

The others see the colossus recoil backwards. Instinctively, it shifts one foot backwards so as to stay upright... or it would have, if its feet weren't bound up in rope! Instead, it trips and falls backward. Pix'run must make a Dexterity save or be thrown off the giant's body, and Torigis must make a Dexterity check to see if she reacts quickly enough to let go of the rope in time.

kladams707
2015-12-09, 08:21 PM
Pix'run tries to regain his balance as the giant's body shifts in reaction to the searing pain of the holy water.

[roll0]

TurboGhast
2015-12-11, 10:01 PM
Torigis hesitates in indecision about whether to let go of the rope.

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2015-12-12, 09:11 AM
Pix'run jumps clear of the giant as it approaches the floor, taking half of [roll0] bludgeoning damage.

Torigis, on the other hand, does not react quickly enough to avoid being whisked off her feet. She flies across the square, takes [roll1] bludgeoning damage and would be stunned and prone (but since you're not in combat, we'll ignore that).

The colossus growls and hisses as it falls. Then you all see the spire of the church, onto which the giant is clearly falling. It goes silent in an instant and closes its eyes. Then, just after Pix'run makes his jump, the massive creature vanishes.

No, wait. It didn't vanish: it transformed. A large, black bat flies off into the rapidly-clearing sky.

You each gain 300XP! Congratulations!

JNAProductions
2015-12-12, 11:54 AM
What. The heck. Was that? Red asks.

kladams707
2015-12-12, 04:15 PM
Pix'run returns to his teddy bear form.

I don't know. But it had a vial of holy water that burned it when it splashed against its skin.

As he says this, he scans the area looking for Rinn.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-12-12, 04:19 PM
Rinn and all the other children are with Red, in the middle of the square. They are unhurt.

rlc
2015-12-13, 12:49 AM
Mo stands up and points in the direction that the giant-turned-bat just flew.

TurboGhast
2015-12-13, 07:41 AM
Torigis scans the skies in the direction Mo's pointing, and then sees the bat. She asks "Is that bat thing worth chasing?" to the others.

kladams707
2015-12-13, 06:58 PM
We'd probably lose sight of it if we tried, Pix'run said distantly. As he says this, he begins to walk over to where Red is and see how Rinn is doing.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-12-18, 01:55 PM
As the bat disappears off into the distance, you become aware of the fact that it is a now a pleasant day. The sun is high in the sky and the children are in a brighter mood.

Rinn seems to be ok. When Pix'run approaches, the little elf is staring at her shoes but, when she sees him, she runs over and hugs him tight. "Thank you for saving us!" She squeals. "You were so brave!"

John, putting on a show of (what you suspect to be) false bravado, hops up onto the rim of the fountain and says: "so, is it lunch time, or what?"

JNAProductions
2015-12-18, 01:57 PM
Red chuckles. Yes, I suppose it is time for some food. Pix, we've got stuff in the larders, yeah?

Ninja_Prawn
2015-12-18, 02:14 PM
A quick check establishes that there is plenty of food in the larders.

"Yeah! Let's have a picnic," says John when he sees the food. "We could pack a basket full of cookies, and sweetrolls, and funnelcakes..."

"Maybe we could take the old rowboat out on the lake?" Torggan wonders. "It's been so long since I've been outside the village."

JNAProductions
2015-12-18, 02:17 PM
Sure, we could do that, John! ... If you want to never grow up and be a big, strong adventurer. You got to eat meat and veggies, too. Sweet stuff afterwards. Red says. But a picnic does sound like fun. Hey, guys, he says, motioning to the other toys, Can I talk to you in private about arranging the picnic?

Once the kids are sufficiently out of earshot, he begins to speak in a hushed tone. Look-I'm worried something big might come back. We need to set up some scouts and guards. I can organize the picnic-no need to worry the children. But we have to keep them safe.

TurboGhast
2015-12-19, 08:55 AM
Torigis half asks, half tells the others "Agreed. I think I would be better at guarding than scouting. I'll go to the belltower, I guess?"

rlc
2015-12-20, 01:02 AM
Mo nods and says, "I'll scout then," and heads over to Jack before he leaves.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-12-20, 12:39 PM
"Hey, Mo! What's up? Can I... can I help with anything? Jack asks.

rlc
2015-12-22, 05:20 AM
"Stay here with the others, Jack. I need to go take care of something."

kladams707
2015-12-23, 03:29 PM
I'll stay and help. That way in case someone somehow gets past our guard or scout's keen eyes, we'll have another to protect the kids Pix said.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-01-06, 03:02 PM
The two of you stay with the children, packing the basket and making small talk. Mo's child, Jack, pesters you to bring some lychee juice, but none is easily accessible - please make an Intelligence (Investigation) check to search around the dark corners of the pantry.

After about twenty minutes, the children are so excited that they can be contained no longer. Fortunately, the packing is done, so you hurry out after them, and run into Mo and Torigis, who have returned from their scouting runs.
Following the trail of destruction left by the Ettin is not too difficult. It meanders through the village seemingly at random... until it suddenly stops. The minotaur's hoofprints stop in the same place. There is an unnatural chill clinging to the air here, stubbornly resisting the bright sun overhead. Please make an Intelligence check to see if you can figure out what might be going on.

Either way, the trail has gone cold. Not wanting to get too far from the others, you head back and are intercepted by Torigis. She accompanies you back, and you run into the others just as they are leaving the house.
You run up the tower's staircase, taking the stairs two at a time despite your small size. At the top, you have a great view over the village (you have no trouble spotting Mo going about his scouting), but you can't see much beyond the walls due to the thick forest that presses in on all sides. Your warrior's eyes naturally gravitate towards the thick walls protecting the village - much stronger walls than would be normal for a place of this size - and you can see that they are undamaged. However the monsters got in, it didn't involve breaching the walls.

To find out what else you see, please make a Wisdom (Perception) check, with advantage due to your elevated vantage point.

After taking a good look around and spotting no more incoming threats, you head back down, meet up with Mo and return to the others. They seem to be ready to leave.

rlc
2016-01-06, 03:23 PM
Mo comes to the end of the tracks, noticing the strange chill in the air. He ponders what might be the cause.
[Spoiler]Int(investigation?) check: [roll0]

TurboGhast
2016-01-10, 08:11 PM
Torigis scans the distance for abnormalities, something she remembers doing often while sailing.

Better of [roll0] & [roll1]:11

kladams707
2016-01-12, 07:56 PM
Pix helps look through the pantry to find what food they can fix for this picnic of theirs.

Investigation
[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-01-14, 03:40 PM
You can't find any lychee juice. However, while rummaging through the pantry, you do stumble upon a bottle that looks distinctly magical! You gain a Potion of Necrotic Resistance!
You can tell that some kind of magic was worked here, but you can't figure out much else. It's almost as if something is clouding the edges of your mind, making it hard to think.
Nothing particularly catches your eye, except for a glinting fleck of light coming from the side of one of the village's smaller streets. You make a small detour to check it out and discover a strange, glowing gem! You think it might be magical... You gain an unidentified magical gem!
After meeting back up, you all head out to the village green to relax and have a picnic. The weather is perfect for it!

You all gain the benefits of a short rest.

JNAProductions
2016-01-14, 08:29 PM
[roll0]

Spending as many hit dice as need to be get to 29 health. If I go higher, all's well and good.

Ah, look at them. Isn't it nice to see the children enjoying themselves? Red says, feeling an almost maternal sense of glow.

rlc
2016-01-19, 07:25 PM
[roll0]
Mo sits and nods.

kladams707
2016-01-22, 12:00 AM
Pix remains silent, simoly shrugging in response to Mo's question.

TurboGhast
2016-01-24, 10:15 PM
Torigis rests, staying unconcerned (for now) about the functions of the gem.

Spend 2 Hit Dice: Recover [roll0] HP

Ninja_Prawn
2016-01-28, 05:43 AM
The picnic is pleasant, and it is clear that the children enjoy spending time with you. Soon enough, though, they get restless and start asking if they can play a game. A ball is produced and a kick-around started - the four of you do not take part since you are still recovering from your earlier fight.

At one point, one of the kids gets stung by a wasp. In fact, you have noticed an unusual number of wasps flying around your picnic area today. Perhaps there is a nest nearby? The children ask you to get rid of it, because wasps are scary and will spoil their game.

All eyes turn towards the two most likely hiding places for a wasp nest: the big oak tree at one end of the green, and the little wooden gazebo at the other.

JNAProductions
2016-01-28, 12:11 PM
I'll take the gazebo. Red says, scanning the structure for a wasp's nest. Children, I'll let you know if I find it, and take care of it. Wasps aren't a big deal to us toys.

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-01-28, 12:39 PM
Red doesn't need to look hard to find the wasps: an angry buzzing erupts above him as soon as he enters the little building.

This swarm of wasps looks surprisingly intelligent, as if driven by some malign force... and it is accompanied by a giant wasp the size of a vulture!

Roll initiative!

JNAProductions
2016-01-28, 04:35 PM
Really? Red says, drawing his rapier. It couldn't have been an ordinary hive?

[roll0]

rlc
2016-01-29, 03:10 AM
Mo draws his sword, as well.
[roll0]

kladams707
2016-01-29, 07:46 AM
Pix's ears wiggle at the sound of the buzzing. Seeing the swarm suddenly appear, he steels himself for battle.

Initiative

[roll0]

TurboGhast
2016-01-30, 10:34 PM
Torigis gets ready for combat, after spacing out a bit. "Torggan, stay back!"

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-01-31, 06:15 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Top of Round 1!

Initiative order:

22 Mo
21 Red
7 Torigis
6 Giant Bee
4 Swarm of Wasps, Giant Wasp
3 Pix'run
3 Swarm of Bees

Before the children have even had time to scream, Mo is on his feet, sword in hand. The gazebo (where Red is stranded) is 50 feet away from the picnic area. Your turn, Mo. Then it will be Red and Torigis.

rlc
2016-02-02, 05:44 AM
Mo dashes over to the gazebo and swings his blade at the first wasp he sees
first attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
Second attack
[roll2]
[roll3]

JNAProductions
2016-02-02, 12:07 PM
Chains of earth, bind my foe! Red cries out, throwing in a menacing trill on his flute as he does so.

Casting Phantasmal Force DC 15 on the big wasp, making an illusion of earthen chains binding it to the ground and pulling in tight enough to cause [roll0] damage.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-02, 06:10 PM
Mo rushes to the gazebo but doesn't have time to make any attacks this turn.

Int save: [roll0]

The wasp wriggles and writhes as the illusory chains squeeze down on it.

TurboGhast
2016-02-02, 06:48 PM
Torigis proceeds towards the swarm, creating a barrier to protect against any wasps that decide to meet her before she gets there.

Move 30ft towards Gazebo.
Cast Blade Ward

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-04, 04:40 AM
Just after Torigis sets off, there is and outbreak of buzzing from the tree at the other end of the green. A swarm of bees and a giant bee descend out of its branches, the giant insect racing 50 feet towards the picnic site before Pix'run has a chance to react. It keeps to a high altitude, however, and bobs around dramatically to make taregtting it difficult ((dodge action)).

The swarm of wasps then engulfs Mo, stinging him in dozens of places. Red may make an opportunity attack against the swarm of wasps if he wishes.

Damage: [roll1] piercing

...the stings do not have any effect on Mo.

The giant wasp, appearing panicked by Red's magic, attempts to break free... succeeding in flying straight upwards. If Red didn't make an opportunity attack against the swarm of wasps, he may instead make one against the giant wasp. Noticing that the illusory chains have some give in them, it wheels around and returns to ground level, between Torigis and the gazebo. It attacks the fighter with its huge stinger...

Damage: [roll3] piercing (halved to 1 due to Blade Ward) and [roll4] poison (DC 13 Constitution save for half (7)).

...but misses.

Pix'run, you have enemies on both sides, time to act!

JNAProductions
2016-02-04, 12:06 PM
Red waits for the swarm to pass, but as the giant wasp flees, strikes out with his rapier.

[roll0]
[roll1]

kladams707
2016-02-04, 02:04 PM
Somehow reading the giant Bee's defensive posturing, Pix instead of flying into a rage, says a few strange words. He then flexes his arms and claps his hands together at the bdd. A resounding noise comparable to thunder emanates from him with a sonic pressure strong enough to push objects and other creatures. He then transforms into his brown bear forms trying to regroup with the others at the gazebo.

Action: Thunderwave (DC14 Con save, 2d8 & pushed 10 ft, half & not pushed on success): [roll0]

Bonus Action: Wild Shape into brown bear

Move 40 ft toward the gazebo or as far as I can in that direction w/o taking opportunity attacks from anything besides the bed

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-04, 03:28 PM
Giant Bee Con save: [roll0] the bee is flung backwards, and looks badly wounded (as, indeed, does the giant wasp that Red stabbed).

Pix'run is therefore able to run off towards Torigis without giving the bee an opportunity to attack.

The swarm of bees at the tree then moves at double speed towards the children, who scream and scatter.

Top of Round 2!

Mo, you are in the gazebo, surrounded by a swarm of angry wasps. Red, nearby, appears to have scared off the giant wasp for now.

rlc
2016-02-07, 12:20 AM
Mo attacks the swarm multiple times
first attack[roll0]
[roll1] (assuming you can sneak attack swarms?)
Second [roll2]
[roll3]
Use flurry of blows for:
Third [roll4]
[roll5]
And fourth
[roll6]
[roll7]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-08, 04:53 AM
Mo's rapid but careful strikes knock several wasps out of the swarm, but it is clear that much of the power of his attacks is wasted. Piercing and bludgeoning damage is not going to be very effective here.

Red goes next.

JNAProductions
2016-02-08, 01:44 PM
Red steps next to the wasps, letting himself provide a distraction to the swarm to allow Mo's hits to be precise and deadly. Bug off! he yells at them, lacing his simple words with magic.

Vicious Mockery, for [roll0] damage!

TurboGhast
2016-02-08, 08:15 PM
Torigis strikes the giant wasp with her war pick, then interposes herself between the wasp and the children. "I won't let you past me!"

Attack 1
Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Crit:[roll2]

Attack 2
Attack roll:[roll3]
Damage:[roll4]
Crit:[roll5]

Move between giant wasp & children, avoiding opportunity attacks if possible, but going through with the movement anyway if it causes one.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-09, 02:11 PM
Wasp Swarm Wis save: [roll0]

...Red's pun is so bad that several of the wasps drop dead the moment he makes it.

Meanwhile, Torigis kills the giant wasp.

The giant bee tries to sting Pix'run...

Damage: [ROLL]1d6+2[ROLL] piercing plus [roll2] poison (DC 13 Constitution save for half).

...but his thick fur prevents it from delivering its venom.

The swarm of wasps makes another attempt to attack Mo...

Attack: [roll3]
Disadvantage (if Vicious Mockery hits): [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] (which would be halved if it had hit as they are now below half strength)

...the monk evades most of them.

Pix'run goes next. There is a wounded giant bee in melee with you. The children are scattering.

kladams707
2016-02-10, 02:33 PM
Pix attempts to take a latge chunk of the bee with his claws and teeth.

Bite:
Damage [roll1]

Claws:

Attack: [roll]1d20+5[/roll
Damage [roll2]

kladams707
2016-02-10, 02:35 PM
Claw attack roll (messed it up above)

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-11, 03:29 PM
Pix'run's powerful jaws tear the giant bee apart, but he is soon mobbed by a swarm of smaller, angrier bees.

They attack his rump, hoping to stay away from the bear's claws...

Top of Round 3!
Mo, it's your turn. The swarm of wasps around you is greatly diminished.

rlc
2016-02-12, 12:33 PM
Mo attacks the swarm of wasps relentlessly, using flurry of blows again
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
And here's the extra sneak attack damage for one of those, doesn't matter which, as long as it hits, obviously: [roll8]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-12, 04:35 PM
Mo's furious attack scatters the remaining wasps. Only the swarm of bees remains to threaten you.

Red, Torigis and Pix'run may all go now.

JNAProductions
2016-02-12, 06:00 PM
Bee gone! Red yells, once again empowering his truly awful pun with power of magic.

Vicious Mockery, for [roll0] damage.

Their saving throw: [roll1] Not sure what the modifier is, so just apply it to that d20.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-12, 06:26 PM
The bees don't seem to understand Red's taunt...

Their Wis modifier is -2, which takes them down to 15: a save. :smalltongue:

TurboGhast
2016-02-13, 08:53 PM
Torigis' hands start sparking as she aggressively swats them through the swarm of bees, ready to move on from what's left of this fight.

Use Action Surge (0 left)

Shocking Grasp twice.

Second Wind.

Rolls in OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?434601-Children-s-Toys-OOC&p=20420123#post20420123), because preview post caused them to not work.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-15, 04:17 AM
Torigis hits with her second attack, inflicting significant damage on the swarm.

Pix'run turn!

kladams707
2016-02-17, 05:35 AM
Pix'run swipes his claws and gnashes his teeth at the remaining swarm.

Bite:

Attack:
[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Claws:

Damage [roll3]]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-19, 05:22 AM
Pix'run's attacks pass harmlessly through gaps in the swarm.

The swarm, however, apparently realising that it is outnumbered and outmatched, disperses in a hundred different directions. You each gain 150XP!

Unfortunately, there is no time to celebrate your victory, for high up in the air (~160 feet), the scattered bees, wasps and perhaps other things are gathering into a ball... gradually they fuse into a single creature: a monstrous wasp with massive, leathery wings! It roars, and a billowing gout of acid fills the sky, throwing the whole park into shadow (but not dark enough for 'dim light').

Roll initiative (again)!

The monstrous wasp has the stats of a young black dragon, and your characters instinctively recognise it to be a threat on that scale.

Wasp initiative: [roll0]

rlc
2016-02-19, 09:49 AM
Mo sees the fused insect and makes a face of displeasure, but readies himself for another combat anyway[roll0]

JNAProductions
2016-02-19, 02:39 PM
Oh, just glorious. CHILDREN! Red shouts. GET IN THE HOUSES! STAY THERE UNTIL WE'VE HANDLED THE THREAT!

[roll0]

TurboGhast
2016-02-20, 12:13 PM
"I'm ready to tear this monster back into its components!"

[roll0]

kladams707
2016-02-22, 08:30 AM
Pix'run's fur bristles & he lets out a huge roar, ready to engage the new enemy.

Initiative:

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-22, 03:35 PM
Top of Round 1!

Initiative Order:
21 Torigis
18 Pix'run & Red
17 Insect Monster
10 Mo

The acid cloud dissipates, permitting irregular blotches of sunshine to dapple the village green. It's be picturesque, if it didn't smell so bad. Fortunately, the children have been able to barricade themselves into a house. They watch anxiously from a window.

Torigis really is ready to tear the wasp-monster up - it's her turn first!

TurboGhast
2016-02-23, 09:09 AM
Torigis taunts the wasp while creating a shadowy energy shield, and switching weapons. "HEY! Come down here, weakling!"

Cast False Life
THP:[roll0]

Stow War Pick, get out Light Crossbow. (If I can't get out the X-bow this turn, that waits.)

JNAProductions
2016-02-23, 12:39 PM
Weakling's right. This thing shoulda stayed apart! Red says, his well of puns running dry in the face of imminent death.

Weak insult, but enough for Vicious Mockery! [roll0] [roll1]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-23, 05:56 PM
Torigis finds time to ready her crossbow - the insects' transformation giving her a little extra time to prepare. Red, however, gets the feeling it is too far away to hear his mockery at this point.

Pix'run's turn.

kladams707
2016-02-25, 08:25 AM
With little option, Pix steels himself for the ugly insect upin its approach.

Ready action to attack should it come within melee

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-25, 06:03 PM
The wasp monster glides down in a spiral, bobbing and weaving as it goes ((dodge action)). It finishes its turn 80 feet off the ground, directly above the party.

The second the monster comes into shouting range, Red unleashes his mockery. Wis save: [roll0] It looks somewhat ruffled.

Mo's turn.

rlc
2016-02-26, 03:16 AM
Mo stares at the insect and prepares for battle, as soon as it comes with melee range, as well.
Mo also readies an action to attack

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-26, 03:52 AM
Top of Round 2!

There's a giant, acid-breathing wasp monster swooping down at you, Torigis! What are you going to do?

TurboGhast
2016-02-26, 09:14 AM
Torigis fires a crossbow bolt at the wasp, who's barely in range, then moves to the side a bit in order to try to not be squashed.

Light Crossbow Attack
Critical:[roll2]

Walk 15 ft away from the wasp.

JNAProductions
2016-02-26, 01:34 PM
Right-time for the big joke, Red says, preparing his magic for a more potent spell. When the dragon... thing comes within range, he lets loose a burst of magical energy, directed in one simple command-LAUGH, DAMN YOU, LAUGH!

Tasha's Hideous Laughter, once it comes within 30'.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-29, 07:04 AM
Torigis' crossbow bolt misses by some distance and the wasp monster continues its dive unimpeded. Its angle of attack makes it clear that it is intending to execute a low strafing run with its acid breath, but before it can do so, Red casts his spell...

Wis save: [roll0]

...suddenly, the beast starts to laugh a horrid, buzzing, screaming laugh that makes you feel sick. But the spell has worked! The monster crashes to the ground ((fall damage, save in OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20481518&postcount=170))) near enough for Pix'run to make an attack.

The crash seems to have jolted the monster back to its senses, though it doesn't have time to stand back up or do anything else before Mo takes his turn.

kladams707
2016-02-29, 12:37 PM
Pix'run makes his attack once the enemy has fallen, a series of claws and teeth trying to rip the insect apart.

Using his readied action

Bite
[roll0]
[roll1]

Claws
[roll2]
[roll]2d6+4/roll]

rlc
2016-02-29, 04:29 PM
Mo attacks the beast multiple times.
[roll0]
Advantage? [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Flurry: [roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
Sneak attack: [roll12]
Hopefully I counted that right...

Ninja_Prawn
2016-02-29, 04:44 PM
Both of Pix's attacks hit the downed creature, but Mo struggles to penetrate its... crawling... surface - only his first attack gets through.

Top of Round 3!

Torigis, the monster is still lying prone, about 15 feet away from you. For all the hits it's taken so far, it doesn't look that badly hurt.

TurboGhast
2016-03-05, 08:05 AM
Torigis rushes at the giant wasp, ready to attack and take the monster down.

(Plan B)
Drop the Light Crossbow at Torigis' starting space.

Move adjacent to the giga wasp.

Attack 1:
Attack:[roll0]
Advantage:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Critical:[roll3]

Attack 1:
Attack:[roll4]
Advantage:[roll5]
Damage:[roll6]
Critical:[roll7]

JNAProductions
2016-03-05, 11:24 AM
Don't bee so down! Red shouts over, then draws his flute up and begins to pipe a tune against the creature.

Vicious Mockery, with [roll0] damage on a DC 15 [roll1] Wisdom save.

And, as a reaction, use Cutting Words if he hits with an attack, reducing his hit roll by [roll2] and hopefully making him miss.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-06, 10:19 AM
Wis save: [roll0]

Torigis' second attack is a glancing hit, but Red's taunt elicits no response.

Pix has one last chance to attack before the monster gets up.

kladams707
2016-03-06, 05:50 PM
The amalgamation of wasps still prone, Pix'run takes another nip and swipe at the monster.

Bite
Attack[roll0]
Advantage: [roll1]

Claws
Attack: [roll3]
Advantage: [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-07, 03:48 AM
Both of Pix'run's attacks are stopped by the terrible wasp's hide, which is proving as durable as it is repellent.

Then, the wasp lurches to its feet and takes again to the air. Torigis, Pix & Mo may all make opportunity attacks if they wish. As it rises, it blasts out a line of sickly yellow bile from Torigis to Red, who each take [roll0] acid damage, or half as much (23) on a successful Dexterity save (DC 14). It finishes its turn hovering 15 feet above the place it was brought down.

Then it will be Mo's turn.

TurboGhast
2016-03-07, 08:33 PM
Torigis attacks the wasp as it attempts to flee, but fails to dodge the creature's bile.

Opportunity Attack:
Attack:[roll0]
Critical:[roll2]

Dexterity Save:
[roll3]

JNAProductions
2016-03-08, 02:16 PM
[roll0]

Red lets out a GAH! as the acid coats him. REALLY? I've barely scratched you, you insolent little-GAH!

28/51 HP

rlc
2016-03-08, 03:10 PM
Mo attacks the creature as it tries to move

[roll0]
[roll1]
if that hits, make it a stunning strike

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-08, 03:49 PM
Torigis and Mo both hit with their opportunity attacks, but unfortunately the monster is not stunned. Still, is is showing some battle-damage now, with numerous cuts and bruises visible on its hide.

kladams707
2016-03-08, 09:28 PM
Pix'run swipes at the wasp with his claws as it departs.

Claws

[roll0]
[roll1]

kladams707
2016-03-08, 09:31 PM
Pix'run had hit upon a gulnerable spot, wounding it more severely thab expected.

Critical damage
[roll0]

rlc
2016-03-09, 08:45 AM
Mo readies an action to attack the wasp

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-12, 07:35 AM
Top of Round 4!

Torigis, the huge wasp is hovering 15 feet above you. It looks hurt.

TurboGhast
2016-03-14, 09:36 AM
Torigis redons her sheild, and runs under the wasp to the other side of its shadow. (She'll be adjacent to it if it drops straight down.)

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-15, 04:47 AM
Red and Pix are next.

JNAProductions
2016-03-15, 12:33 PM
Laugh again, foul beast, Red says, letting another spell go.

[roll0] Versus DC 15 or fall prone again from Tasha's Hideous Laughter.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-15, 01:24 PM
Wisdom save: [roll0]

For a moment it looks as if the wasp monster is succumbing to Red's magic... but the moment does not last. It remains securely airborne, hissing and buzzing.

Pix's turn.

kladams707
2016-03-17, 05:55 AM
Pix grunts as he raises his haunches, readying an attack for when the wasp comes within melee again.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-17, 05:44 PM
Seeing that the big bear and the monk are ready to strike, the monstrous wasp swings around and swoops down on a much smaller bear: Torigis. It then launches a vicious series of attacks against her...

Bite: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] piercing plus [roll2] acid damage.
Claw 1: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] slashing damage.
Claw 2: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] slashing damage.

...the monster's wicked claws pierce Trig's armour, scoring a painful hit.

Mo's turn.

rlc
2016-03-19, 12:34 PM
Mo attacks the monster twice
[Spoiler]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Sneak attack
[roll4]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-19, 01:17 PM
Mo attacks from behind, hitting with one of his strikes.

Top of Round 5!

Torigis, the huge wasp is attacking you! Mo is also in melee with it.

TurboGhast
2016-03-19, 04:27 PM
Torigis continues to fight as hard as she can, despite the damage she's taken.

Attack the Gigawasp twice:

Attack 1:
Dmg:[roll1]
Crit:[roll2]

Attack 2:
Attack Roll:[roll3]
Dmg:[roll4]
Crit:[roll5]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-21, 01:35 PM
Torigis cannot pierce the wasp's hide this time. It looks furious!

Red and Pix's turns.

kladams707
2016-03-28, 06:19 PM
Pix moves in & once again tries to savage the wasp with his claws & teeth.

Bite:
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

Claws:

JNAProductions
2016-03-28, 08:43 PM
Hey, Bug-face! Red calls out, seeing if his heckling has any effect this time.

[roll0] Save against DC 15 or take [roll1] Psychic damage and have disadvantage on your next attack.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-03-29, 03:29 PM
Pix'run hits the monster once, tearing its abdomen with wicked fangs. It rears back and appears to regard the three of you (Red escapes its notice) for a few seconds. Seeing how Torigis hefts her shield, it decides to focus on her, rather than try to get past her to attack the others.

All against Torigis:
Sting: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] piercing + [roll2] acid
Claw 1: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] slashing
Claw 1: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] slashing

Mo's turn.

TurboGhast
2016-03-29, 08:35 PM
Torigis fall down to the ground with a frustrated grunt.

Does the shield stay on, and still provide a bonus?

rlc
2016-04-01, 02:40 AM
Mo attacks the monster again, hoping to do more noticeable damage
first attack
[roll1]
Second attack[ Roll]1d20+3
[roll2]
Sneak attack? [roll3]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-04-02, 08:26 AM
Mo stabs the wasp again, wounding it badly.

Top of Round 6!

Torigis, please make a death saving throw!

Then it will be Pix and Red's turns.

JNAProductions
2016-04-02, 03:57 PM
Red rushes over to Torigis's prone form, preparing a burst of healing magic. Hands aglow with arcane power, Red places them on the limp body and mutters Heal... Heal...

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-04-02, 04:38 PM
Torigis recovers to consciousness. You don't need to bother with the save now.

Pix'run still has time to act.

kladams707
2016-04-04, 07:52 PM
Pix gnashes his teeth and swipes his flaws once again, feeling as though he has no other recourse at the moment.

Bite:
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

Claws:

Ninja_Prawn
2016-04-05, 02:37 PM
Pix'run misses, and the horribe wasp monster licks its mandibles, bubbling acid dripping from that wicked maw. A terrifying shriek ((disengage action)) cows you all for a moment, giving it a chance to spiral up into the air.

It now hovers 80 feet directly above you (apart from Red, who is slightly off to one side, we'll say he's... 90 feet away exactly).

Mo's turn.

rlc
2016-04-10, 07:45 AM
Mo sees the acid dripping from the monster's mouth, and gets ready to move out of the way, if it uses its acid breath (so dodge action).
sorry, I've been busy with work.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-04-10, 11:11 AM
Top of Round 7!

Torigis, you're back up! The wasp has flown up into the air, apparently readying another shot of its acid breath.

TurboGhast
2016-04-16, 10:33 AM
Torigis gets of the ground, redone her shield, and dashes over to protect her nearest ally.

Action: Redon shield.
Move so adjacent to closest ally.

Reaction - Use protection fighting style to protect ally.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-04-16, 04:42 PM
It's Red and Pix'run's turns.

Torigis is standing alongside Pix, while Mo has shifted to one side so that the wasp can't hit all three of you at once.

kladams707
2016-04-17, 05:55 PM
Pix'run steels himself, ready to duck out of the way of the wasp's acid breath.

Pix'run will take the Dodge action

JNAProductions
2016-04-17, 05:56 PM
I think I'm out of slots.

Your breath stinks like an Otyugh's mouth! Red shouts up, shifting over to be as spread out as possible.

Vicious Mockery! Yeah! [roll0] [roll1]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-04-18, 05:06 AM
The monster winces at Red's insult, then surveys the park, looking for targets. Finally, it buzzes down towards Pix and Torigis, breathing a wave of acid at them! They both take [roll0] acid damage, or half as much (26) if they can pass a DC 14 Dexterity saving throw. Pix'run has advantage due to having take the Dodge action.

Mo's turn.

kladams707
2016-04-18, 08:29 AM
Pix tries his best to move his lumbering bear form out of the way of the some of the acid.

[roll0]
[roll1]

TurboGhast
2016-04-18, 09:07 PM
Torigis drops to the ground once again after taking the brunt of the acid attack.

Dex saving throw: [roll0]
Not like it matters because it's more than 6 damage either way.

rlc
2016-04-19, 02:19 PM
Mo runs up and attacks the beast a few times, then moves a few feet away from it again

attack 1 [roll0]
[roll1]
attack 2[roll2]
[roll3]
sneak attack [roll6]
Disengage as a bonus action

TurboGhast
2016-05-01, 05:55 PM
Torigis remains unconscious, but doesn't get worse.

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-05-02, 02:34 PM
Round 8 Continues...

Torigis remains on the ground, but Mo's latest attack has left the monster reeling. It is standing now, rather than hovering, and looks about ready to give up.

Red and Pix's turns.

kladams707
2016-05-04, 08:22 PM
Sensing the monster is on its last legs, Pix'run lets out a savage roar. He attempts to grab onto the giant wasp, hoping to keep it in place while the others deal the killing blows.

Bonus: Rage
Action: Grapple

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-05-05, 12:40 AM
Pix'run is too strong for the wasp, which is now held at ground level.

Red's turn.

Its Athletics modifier is +4, so that's an automatic success.

JNAProductions
2016-05-12, 11:54 PM
Red darts forward, rapier flashing out in a snicker-snack blow.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] Sneak Attack

Ninja_Prawn
2016-05-13, 02:10 PM
Red's rapier sinks into the creature, which staggers backwards, its screams tinged with pain and anger.

Using its many limbs, it pushes those of you close to it away ((disengage action)) and flies as fast as it can up and away. It ends its turn 80 feet away from you.

Each of you may take one more turn, in any order. If you do not kill it in that time, then the combat will end whether the monster is dead or not.

JNAProductions
2016-05-13, 02:20 PM
Red grabs his shortbow and looses an arrow, aiming to slay the creature once and for all.

[roll0]
[roll1]

TurboGhast
2016-05-15, 10:20 PM
Torigis successfully holds on.

[roll0]

Ninja_Prawn
2016-05-19, 04:24 PM
Red's shot hits its mark, and Pix and Mo are able between them to finish off the huge insect monster before it is able to wriggle away.

It disintegrates immediately, breaking down into an amorphous pile of insects (a wide assortment of different kinds, as it happens) that all begin to scuttle away.

You each gain 725 XP. Torigis stabilises shortly after you finish the monster.

JNAProductions
2016-05-19, 07:27 PM
Gack, Red says, scampering away from the bugs. He then takes in a deep, non-existent breath and bellows out THE BEAST IS SLAIN! CHILDREN, YOU ARE SAFE AGAIN!

rlc
2016-05-20, 05:55 AM
Mo nods at his comrades

kladams707
2016-05-20, 05:39 PM
Pix slumps down like a real bear would, his paws between his hind legs, breathing heavily. As his breathing slows, his rage subsides and his form dissipates to his normally cuddly self. He stands and begins looking for Rinn, ensuring she is safe.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-05-21, 03:58 PM
Rinn and all the other children come streaming back from their hiding place into the park. They hug you tight and fuss over your wounds, especially Torggan, who kneels over Torigis, close to tears.

Stifling a yawn, John says: "what a day! I hope there aren't any more monsters like that one around..."

TurboGhast
2016-05-21, 08:45 PM
Torigis and slowly gathers up the equipment she left on the ground. By crawling. "We … *grunting cough* ... need rest."

rlc
2016-05-22, 04:13 AM
Mo nods at Torigis, then to Jack and begins meditating.

JNAProductions
2016-05-22, 11:30 AM
If there are, we'll protect you still. But yes... Rest would be a good idea, Red says, moving over to John and hugging the boy.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-05-25, 04:55 AM
The rest of the afternoon passes in relative calm, with the four of you recovering from your exertions and spending time with the children. Mostly you stay indoors; the village feels vast and empty with only a few children and their toys to populate it.

Torigis also spends some time examining that gem she found. It is a fist-sized lump of clear crystal, cut and polished like this (http://smallcappower.com/wp-content/uploads/cloud.modyocdn.com/uploads/59d97d20295611e58061838778428287/original/Dia.jpg). You're not much of a diviner, but you are smarter than the average bear, eventually puzzling out the fact that the gem contains a store of evocation magic, and can be made to shine lights of various intensities by speaking command words.

This gem functions as a Gem of Brightness, DMG 171.
At night time, the children each go back to their own rooms to sleep. As soon as they close their eyes, everything goes black...

...the next morning, you wake to find bright sun streaming in through the windows. Wild, raucous music seeps in as well, but it is attenuated as if coming from outside the village. The children react with a range of curiosity and excitement: each of them grabs their respective toy and heads downstairs (none of them stop for breakfast), such that you are all assembled in the street in a matter of minutes.

You all gain the benefits of a long rest.

JNAProductions
2016-05-25, 10:48 AM
Red takes a look towards the source of the music-fairies? Satyrs? Likely some sort of fey, and hopefully peaceful.

TurboGhast
2016-05-27, 07:52 PM
Torigis takes a small gem out of her pocket, and says "I found this yesterday, and it makes light. I can vary the intensity with different command words, but I can't demonstrate it for you because it has limited uses.", to the other toys.
She takes a breath, then turns to Torggan and says "You should probably go have breakfast while we investigate that music. I'm sure I can get whomever's playing it to wait for you."

Torigis takes a small gem out of her pocket, and says "I found this yesterday, but don't know what it does. I'm going to try to figure that out. Torggan, you should go have breakfast. I think that music can wait for me to figure out what this does."

kladams707
2016-05-30, 07:44 PM
Pix awakens slowly despite the jokting movement. The events of the day before had him so sore, he barely heard Torigis's inquiry. Yawning, he simply nodded in agreement to investigating the music.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-06-01, 10:00 AM
Since Torigis suggests it, the children go into her house to find breakfast. You can hear the beginnings of a debate about which flavour of ice cream they should have...

Outside the walls, you are greeted by a chaotic riot of colour and motion - a circus has come to town! People are hurrying around every which way, setting things up: poles are being raised for the high wire, tents of all kinds are popping up and all manner of animals are being herded to... wherever they're supposed to be. There is even a bisque matryoshka lingering suggestively near a sign that reads "know your fortune!" Above it all towers a massive big top, which appears to be a permanent structure on wheels...?

Suddenly, there is an angry trumpeting noise... a pair of elephants has broken loose and gone on the rampage!

JNAProductions
2016-06-01, 10:41 AM
Pix'Run, you're our animal man-can you calm the elephants down? Red asks.

kladams707
2016-06-02, 10:52 PM
"I have something I can try, but I'll need some of you by my side to back me up if it doesn't work

With that, Pix up towards the elephants and clangs his axe against the ground to get their attention.

Have no idea if this would even work...

Ready an action to cast Animal Friendship at second level should the elephants come within range

rlc
2016-06-03, 04:56 AM
Mo stands next to Pix

Ninja_Prawn
2016-06-03, 12:46 PM
Pix manages to attract the elephants' attention: they run out towards him, swinging their trunks around wildly. One of them overturns a wagon that was in its way, setting a trio of tigers loose!

Pix has to hold the spell until the elephants get very close, but when he does cast it...

Elephant 1 Wisdom save: [roll0]
Elephant 2 Wisdom save: [roll1]

...Pix'run feels one of them succumb to his magic, but the other seems unaffected. The latter beast continues towards you, but the other one redirects its anger towards its companion, aiming a headbutt into its flank. The non-charmed elephant then rounds on the one Pix charmed and they engage in a ferocious bout of tusk-wrestling.

From the circus camp, which is looking more chaotic by the second, a voice calls out: "hey you! You seem to be good with animals... we could use some help over here!"

JNAProductions
2016-06-03, 01:24 PM
Red comes forward to stand by Pix, and calls over to the circus man. He's already charmed one of your elephants-though unfortunately, one resisted his spell. But yes, we're perfectly willing to help. Though I can't really do much.