2015-09-20, 07:01 PM
GNASHTHVOG
The Devourer of Sin
Alignment Chaotic Good
Areas of Concern Demon-slaying and redemption
Domains Chaos, Destruction, Good, Protection
Subdomains Azata, Hatred, Purity, Redemption
Favored Weapon Sawtooth Sabre
Symbol A circle of teeth surrounded by wings, often situated around a demonic rune.
Obedience
Arranging the teeth of slain demons into a circle, you must meditate upon the sins committed by these fiends. These teeth must have been gathered from demons slain in the past month. Gain a +2 sacred bonus on attack and damage rolls against demons.

Boons- Celestial Obedience
1: Tools of Demon's Bane (Sp) Protection From Evil 3/day, Align Weapon 2/day, or Magic Circle Against Evil 1/day.
2 Maw of Gashthovog (Su): You gain a bite attack. This attack deals 1d6 points of damage + you your Strength modifier. This bite attack treated as cold iron and good for the purpose of overcoming the damage reduction of demons.
3 Crushing Maw (Sp): Once per day, you may use crushing hand, though it creates a circular mouth filed with serrated teeth rather than a hand. This is strictly a cosmetic difference.

Gnashthvog is an empyreal lord known as the Devourer of Sin. His portfolio consists largely of demonslaying, and redemption. His goal, and that of his followers, is nothing short of the eradication of demon-kind. To this end, and true to his title, a significant portion of his followers are sin eaters and seek to spread that practice. His symbol is a circle of teeth surrounded by a circle of feathered wings. When a group of his followers are up against the followers of a particular demon lord, they typically place a demonic symbol associated with the demon lord at the center of the teeth.

Appearance
Gnashthvog appears as a writhing mass of feathered wings, all situated around a fanged maw, his teeth arranged not unlike how his holy symbol depicts.

History
While Gnashthvog's history is largely shrouded in mystery, what he once was and why he so adamantly loathes sin and demon kind is not. A qlippoth like any other in the early days of man, it is believed what set him apart at first was his approach when dealing with the influx of demons. Rather than seeking to slay the innocent before they became destined for the lower planes, Gnashthvog sought to ensure that fewer of them would fall. Seeking the aid of those that others of his kind would had sooner slain, he aimed to spread faiths that opposed paths that would lead to damnation and to promote the slaying of demons. One way or another, he too became among those whom prayers were offered to. While his goal may never be realized, it has taken him from what he was and transformed him into something greater.

Church of Gnashthvog
An aberration among faiths, the typical devotee to the Devourer of Sin is an inquisitor. Preaching a doctrine far more adamantly against sin than actual benevolent conduct, sin eaters and demon slayers of all sorts fill the ranks of his faith, and he would have it no other way.

At this point in time it is a work in progress. This is the third of what one could consider a pantheon in the works. A set of demigods, empyreal lords, each coming from a different fiendish race.

I acknowledge this one is.. rougher, and I am certain I will do some re-writes, the basic concept is there.

Liv-Or, The Smiling Flagellant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?442835-Empyreal-Lord-The-Smiling-Flagellant)
Vana, Lady of the Evanescent (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?443881-Empyreal-Lord-The-Lady-of-the-Evanescent)

nikkoli
2015-09-21, 07:26 AM
This is great. So few people give the qlippoth the love they deserve.
If you would like an idea for the obedience, you could have people arrange the teeth of slain demons into his symbol and mediate upon their sins for an hour, and once a month they must sacrifice a demon in a ritual to cleanse the world of the sin that it has perpetuated.

Xuldarinar
2015-09-21, 09:48 AM
This is great. So few people give the qlippoth the love they deserve.
If you would like an idea for the obedience, you could have people arrange the teeth of slain demons into his symbol and mediate upon their sins for an hour, and once a month they must sacrifice a demon in a ritual to cleanse the world of the sin that it has perpetuated.

I love it, so I have no choice but to use it. The second portion of it, I am going to shift to something required but not directly stated as is in a separate ritual.

I do agree that so few give the qlippoth any love. They fill a niche that really should be explored more. I do intend to, given some time, give all the fiendish races some love, taking some of their defining traits and seeing how one could present them for a force of good.