PDA

View Full Version : good level 9 feats for gishes?

Masakan
2015-09-20, 11:29 PM
So long story short people suggested the sun sword for dexterity gishes as it's still a 2hander and is finessible meaning it works with things like deadly defense.
So I would still get the effect of deadly defence, and with 5 ranks in tumble and the cautious feat, I would break even when I'm fighting defensively which what my feat revolves around, but that also makes einhandler pointless so i can drop that feat question is what do i replace it with?

Oh and uh...let's keep the obvious power attack suggestion to a minimum?

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-20, 11:51 PM
Are you wanting to replace deadly defense or einhander?

Sayt
2015-09-21, 12:02 AM
If you're Int Based, Knowledge Devotion is pretty damn good.

Masakan
2015-09-21, 12:02 AM
Are you wanting to replace deadly defense or einhander?
Einhander.

Masakan
2015-09-21, 12:07 AM
If you're Int Based, Knowledge Devotion is pretty damn good.
Charisma based, Wings of cover is too good. Plus I think I can get away with more as a spontaneous caster over Prepared ones.

Pluto!
2015-09-21, 12:12 AM
Minor Shapeshift is amazing. Arcane Strike is okay.
I don't remember the prereqs to deadly defense, but Combat Expertise is probably good.

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-21, 12:14 AM
Since you don't want power attack (you may come to regret that) how about combat panache? It's fairly flavorful and is pleasantly tactical. If you can make the skill requirements that is.

Masakan
2015-09-21, 12:17 AM
Minor Shapeshift is amazing. Arcane Strike is okay.
I don't remember the prereqs to deadly defense, but Combat Expertise is probably good.

Perhaps i should add a little more clarity, By the time I get to level 9 I will only have level 2 spells....yeah don't ask.
Arcane strike isn't coming until level 12 and since im going eldrich knight after abjurant champion, I'm getting robilars gambit at level 15 the earliest i would be able to get it.

Since you don't want power attack (you may come to regret that) how about combat panache? It's fairly flavorful and is pleasantly tactical. If you can make the skill requirements that is.

The main reason i don't want power attack is... im already gonna mostly be fighting defensively(Imagine an evasive dodgey sob) so my hit is already gonna be in the pits. Ok I don't need to make it worse.
Combat panashe isn't bad, but theres no way for me to get perform without completely redoing everything.