PDA

View Full Version : Free Firearm Proficiency

cecil1994
2015-09-21, 11:44 AM
Hey, I'm building a Kineticist looking to use Conductive Bullets in pistols to carry my Blasts.

The problem is getting the feats I need. I'm only 3rd level, and I need to somehow get a firearm (only starting with 780 gold, so I'd likely need Gunsmithing), become proficient with it, afford Conductive bullets, and I'd probably need Rapid Reload.

So you see my problem. If there's any way of getting free firearms/proficiency without a dip or excessive feat usage, I'm all ears.

TheIronGolem
2015-09-21, 11:55 AM
First, get Conductive on your guns, not on the ammo.

Second, I don't think there's a way for you to get what you want by RAW. My first suggestion would be to talk to your DM and see if you can work out a custom archetype for your Kineticist that trades something for firearm proficiency, a battered starter gun, and maybe some other goodies that fit your concept. Failing that, I'd dip Gunslinger if I were you (especially if it's important to you to have a gun from the get-go), or else just eat the feat taxes. You could take VMC Gunslinger, but that's pretty much just trading feats for feats up until 15th level.

Anlashok
2015-09-21, 12:05 PM
First, get Conductive on your guns, not on the ammo.

I think people talk about conductive ammo over conductive guns because conductive is limited to once per round. So you only get one enhanced shot on a full attack with a conductive gun.

cecil1994
2015-09-21, 02:34 PM
I think people talk about conductive ammo over conductive guns because conductive is limited to once per round. So you only get one enhanced shot on a full attack with a conductive gun.

It's this, and also the fact that I have less than 1k gold and a conductive gun is bleeding expensive.