PDA

View Full Version : I took the classic 3.5 Character Sheet and made it (slightly) better

Domigorgon
2015-09-21, 03:37 PM
Here is the link. I hope it works. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ldu6DPUX5iYU9hS2lfdURSdlE/view?usp=sharing)

I made this for my players, so here I thought I might share with others as well. I know there are loads and loads of character sheets on the Internets, but I always preferred the original - especially because most good sheets take over two pages, requiring A3 format or multiple sheets. I like to have everything on one A4 sheet.

What's different in this version? Well...

- The typical A4 paper sheet is now utilised to the max (no wide/high margins).
- Condensing some information, leaving out a few "Attack/weapon" boxes gave me sufficient room to move Armour and Shield boxes to the first page. Also, added 'checkboxes' for proficiencies that take up minimum space and right next to the respective armour/shield boxes too.
- Moved the XP box up to the main character info, right above the hp box.
- Optional layers for Clerics and Barbarians - "Turning" and "Rage" boxes respectively. (you don't like it - turn it off, you get an empty box for... whatever)
- The inventory now lists all body slots.
- There is a box for animal companions/familiars/cohorts.
- Also some remaining space for... whatever.

Feel free to make suggestions and/or corrections.
Let me know if you download and use it, feedback is welcome! :)

GilesTheCleric
2015-09-21, 03:39 PM
The sheet isn't publicly available.

Have you considered using a digital sheet instead of a paper one? It's easier to keep versioning intact.

Domigorgon
2015-09-21, 03:43 PM
Um... maybe it works now?

Digital sheets... nah. I have digital copies, sure, but I try to keep our session as low-tech as possible. Pen and pencil FTW. :)

GilesTheCleric
2015-09-21, 03:50 PM
It opened up for me right away this time. Is it supposed to be an interactive PDF? When I download it, the Turning box in the lower left-hand corner is a jumble of overlapping text.

There's benefits to both methods, certainly.

Domigorgon
2015-09-21, 03:58 PM
Check the Layers setting - it is likely that both Rage and Turning layers are on at the same time. They should both be off by default. And I've put them in the same place because... well shoot me if I'm wrong, but barbarian/cleric seems an unlikely pairing.

GilesTheCleric
2015-09-21, 04:10 PM
You're right; it works in Acrobat Pro. Just viewing it with Preview doesn't allow for any layers options.

Anyone dipping cleric on a barbarian is probably using turns for a devotion feat (earth or travel), or DMM.