PDA

View Full Version : [PEACH] Sorcadin Striker

TeChameleon
2015-09-21, 08:20 PM
Not... totally sure on the thread title acronym, but it seems to be the one I want for this sort of thing; the Sorcadin in question doesn't need to be particularly Defender-y, the combo is mostly a result of fluff in a custom setting. Sadly, Dragonborn isn't an option for the race- of the options I've got, Vryloka seems to be the best. If there's anything glaring missing, please let me know- this is really my first time mucking about with Hybridization.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Grigore, level 8
Vryloka, Sorcerer/Paladin
Sorcerous Power Option: Sorcerous Power Strength
Hybrid Paladin Option: Hybrid Paladin Reflex
Background Benefit: Arcana
Noble Scion (Noble Scion Benefit)
Theme: Cipher

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 12, DEX 12, INT 10, WIS 12, CHA 20

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 14, CON 12, DEX 12, INT 10, WIS 12, CHA 16

AC: 18 Fort: 19 Ref: 17 Will: 21
HP: 60 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 15

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +11, Athletics +15, Bluff +14

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Diplomacy +9, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +5, Heal +5, History +4, Insight +5, Intimidate +9, Nature +5, Perception +7, Religion +4, Stealth +7, Streetwise +9, Thievery +5

POWERS
Wizard Utility: Mage Hand
Wizard Utility: Prestidigitation
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Vryloka Utility: Lifeblood
Paladin Feature: Divine Challenge
Paladin Attack 1: Virtuous Strike
Sorcerer Attack 1: Energy Strobe
Paladin Attack 1: Stolen Life
Sorcerer Attack 1: Chromatic Orb
Sorcerer Utility 2: Sorcerous Sirocco
Sorcerer Attack 3: Stormy Emotions
Paladin Attack 5: Hallowed Circle
Vryloka Utility 6: Bloodwolf Form
Sorcerer Attack 7: One Blow, One Echo

FEATS
Level 1: Arcane Spellfury
Level 2: Holy Symbol Expertise
Level 4: Bludgeon Expertise
Level 6: Weapon Focus (Hammer)
Level 8: Superior Implement Training (Warding symbol)

ITEMS
Cloaked Warhammer +2 x1
Shoes of Water Walking x1
Ioun-Blessed Warding symbol +2 x1
Robe of Scintillation Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1
Cloak of Distortion +1 x1
Hedge Wizard's Gloves x1
Potion of Healing
====== End ======

GPuzzle
2015-09-21, 09:10 PM
Dex-heavy Sorcerers are better than Str-heavy Sorcerers in every way possible. Only exception is if you want to go with a Baladin style, but you don't seem to want to. Also, pick up Paladin Armor. It's great.

If you're strikering, go with Price of Cowardice as your E7 as well as stuff to up your tankiness (most Sorcerer Interrupts, Virtue). Your Sorcerer Powers (which should be Acid Orb - Explosive Pyre - Flame Spiral, by the way) should be your main way of Striking.

You should try to get Arcane Implement Proficiency and take Versatile Expertise. Other Expertise feats would be good alone, but you'd rather takes as many feats as possible.

So, essentially:

12 STR, 12 WIS, 18 DEX, 18 CHA.

Feats are Hybrid Talent (Pally Armor), Monastic Disciple (Centered Breath), Ki Focus Expertise, Improved Initiative, Improved Defenses.

Fey Race - preferentiably a Pixie. However, anything goes, as long as it is a DEX+CHA non-Drow Fey Race.

Theme is Sarifal Feywarden. Use Fire.

Nova is Move, activate Aura with Minor, Explosive Pyre+Flame Spiral followed by Flurry of Blows for two triple taps in total at +5+Dex+any extra damage on each of the six actions. Use one of your Interrupts that turn (given you have those that trigger upon being attacked and upon your allies being attacked...).

Tough striker with some decent protection.

Gilphon
2015-09-21, 09:21 PM
Hybrid Talent seems to be conspicuously absent there. You'll probably want to use that to pick up Paladin Armour Proficiency, though Soul of the Sorcerer is a reasonable option if you don't expect to get attacked much.

Also, I'd suggest either avoiding the Paladin Weapon powers or finding a way to get Ki Focus Proficiency. (multiclassing is the usual way) That way you only need one Expertise feat and don't have to worry about juggling two different Enchantment bonuses.

TeChameleon
2015-09-22, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback- I was able to tighten my build noticeably thanks to the suggestions made, should help a good bit :smallsmile: