PDA

View Full Version : Ego Weapons?

Corncracker
2007-05-16, 12:55 AM
What exactly do the "Chaotic" or "Lawful" descriptores on Ego weapons mean?

To give a topic, what are your thoughts on ego weapons.

technomancer
2007-05-16, 01:29 AM
By Ego Weapons, do you mean intelligent weapons with an Ego score? If so, Lawful and Chaotic means exactly what it means for characters.

If you don't mean intelligent weapons, then I'm completely lost.

Dhavaer
2007-05-16, 01:36 AM
By Ego Weapons, do you mean intelligent weapons with an Ego score? If so, Lawful and Chaotic means exactly what it means for characters.

If you don't mean intelligent weapons, then I'm completely lost.

I second this.

Corncracker
2007-05-16, 02:25 AM
I second this.
I meant intelligent, yes.

I was wondering along the lines of Breaking through some damage reduction due to its alignment. I've never really dealt with ego weapons, so was wondering if that descriptor actually meant something more than just "I'm this allignment"

lord_khaine
2007-05-16, 02:40 AM
it does not mean anything in regard to breaching damage reduction, its just used to see if there will be a conflict of wills between weapon and weilder.

Dhavaer
2007-05-16, 02:43 AM
No, the alignment only means how the item acts and whether the wielder gets a negative level.

Corncracker
2007-05-16, 07:29 PM
Ah, I just remember reading abilities that stated "It is treated as a Lawful WEapon for purpose of overcoming damage reduction" and I wasn't sure if Lawful weapons could overcome certiand damage reductions and such. NEver really messed around with Ego Weapons Before.