PDA

View Full Version : Make a more American E6 character, I dare you.

Baroknik
2015-09-22, 09:15 AM
The title is more just for interest, but I think we could have some fun with this...

Sam Americuskrate was the average awesome uncle to his family, having stood in whenever his brother and sister-in-law were killed by a mysterious stranger one night. While normal tropes would mean that his nieces and nephews would become adventurers, it was unfortunate that in the middle of another night a large group of men in red jackets entered his house and attacked. None of the children made it, only Sam Americuskrate was able to fight his way out. This tragic loss is what first inspired his internal rage (his first level of Barbarian). In his journeys looking for these redcoats he was taken in by a family of bald eagles, or so he thought. While sleeping, they infected him with their own form of lycanthropy and left him to fend for himself (+1 animal HD, +2LA).

Honestly, I'm at a loss for the last two levels for Uncle Sam here, and am open to some help. Just a bit of fun for Tuesday, I figured -- help me continue his story!

Abilities of (America!) note so far:

Illiteracy Cause reading is for sissies
Rage Cause of righteous wartime
He can turn into a freaking Bald Eagle Also a Hybrid form for some serious Murica-ness.

Any other thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

SkipSandwich
2015-09-22, 09:54 AM
If Pathfinder material is allowed, then 1 or 2 levels of gunslinger would be perfect, cause it's hard to get more American then bald-eagle lycanthrope John Wayne.

Fouredged Sword
2015-09-22, 11:02 AM
For a 3.5 E6 game I once built Ironside, a Warforged Monk 1 / battle sorcerer 3 / fighter 2.

He used a battle fist + beast strike + focused attack to deal 32d8 punches. It was a western game, so he was a robot built to work the railroads near the town of Rockem. He gained his independence through fighting off bandits, eventually becoming the sheriff of Rockem.

He was a Rocken Sockem Robot Tinman who could punch through anything.

Ruethgar
2015-09-22, 12:58 PM
At least one level of Targeteer to grab four gun proficiency feats because 'Merica. Of course you can always take the nationalist adaptation of the Crusader. "I heal my allies by punching my enemies using the power of 'Merica."

Flickerdart
2015-09-22, 01:03 PM
Given the American melting pot, Sam should be at least a Half-something, and multiclass judiciously.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-09-22, 01:19 PM
Class: Human Fighter 4/Warblade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 1.
Feats: Imp. Unarmed Strike, Imp. Shield Bash, TWF, Point-Blank Shot, Shield Charge, Brutal Throw, Superior Unarmed Strike, Throw Anything.
Maneuvers: Leading the Attack, Steel Wind, Wall of Blades
Key Equipment: Adamantium shield
Name: Steve Rogers.

Honest Tiefling
2015-09-22, 06:30 PM
Illiteracy makes no sense. One must be able to read the Constitution with a manly tear in their eye. Just don't take ranks in Linguistics. Foreign langues are for foreigners!

Not sure if Barbarian is the right mentality. Sure, they get survival, but an uncivilized thug? America is the best civilization! The best civilization! Everyone else is just prissy or living in primitive conditions, so I would think that foreigners are the barbarians, not the great Americans. The rage is spot on, but it needs to be righteous rage.

Blackhawk748
2015-09-22, 07:14 PM
Illiteracy makes no sense. One must be able to read the Constitution with a manly tear in their eye. Just don't take ranks in Linguistics. Foreign langues are for foreigners!

Not sure if Barbarian is the right mentality. Sure, they get survival, but an uncivilized thug? America is the best civilization! The best civilization! Everyone else is just prissy or living in primitive conditions, so I would think that foreigners are the barbarians, not the great Americans. The rage is spot on, but it needs to be righteous rage.

So Half Orc Paladin of 'Merica?

Also

Ranged Ranger 6 with Natural bond

http://i.imgur.com/8DKgR.jpg

NeoPhoenix0
2015-09-22, 08:43 PM

I'm sorry I have to say I live in America an I have yet to meet anyone outside of my group of friends who has properly quoted the constitution or amendments. Though given many impropor habits people have of reffering to the constitution to end arguments cause murica I might suggest truenamer to some people who have the stomach and optimization skills for it.

Other forms of murica, I might suggest lightning maces adaptible hand crossbows. When I think murica I think so much lead you can't miss so that uzi crit fishing hand crossbows build is something I think of.

Namfuak
2015-09-22, 09:19 PM
I feel like he should have favored enemy (terrorist), or at least he should think he does.

Jurai
2015-09-22, 09:25 PM
Y'all's are going about this the wrong way. If you want 'Merica, you need guns, explosions, and capitalism.

Therefore, I hereby introduce Julius IV.

Alchemist (Mindchemist) 20 (Gunslinger VMC)

You'll be throwing bombs early on, with a few LUCKY pot shots with your gun until VMC comes online. During the Revolutionary War, the Americans were getting thrashed by the British until Washington and Baron von Steuben came in to lead and to train the troops. VMC Gunslinger granting Firearm proficiency at third level neatly represents this. You'll grab Quick Clear and Gunslinger's Initiative. Most of the time, you're using Explosive Missiles to shoot your enemies with your Alchemist Bombs, using your Cognatogen to enhance the damage your bombs do, Clustered Shots to ignore DR, Deadly Aim for POWER ATTACK SHENANIGANS (which are, unfortunately, unimpressive in Pathfinder), and... Uh... Weapon Focus? That's Capitalism, right? Uh, guys?

daremetoidareyo
2015-09-22, 09:53 PM

Easy. Throw some ranks into concentration, and then boom. He memorized it. Better and more useful than wasting skill points on reading.

A level of monk with alternative first level features, cuz stunning fist is lame. Cloistered Cleric of Evangelical Mightiness. War and capitalism domains. Knowledge domain is traded out for the devotion, cuz let's face it, we are best at thinking of how to kill people. (Inherited from England).

PaucaTerrorem
2015-09-22, 11:55 PM
I'm with NeoPhoenix0, you don't have to be able to read the constitution. Just be able to spit rhetoric and what others tell you it says.

NeoPhoenix0
2015-09-23, 12:41 AM
I'm with NeoPhoenix0, you don't have to be able to read the constitution. Just be able to spit rhetoric and what others tell you it says.

we even have a special government body designed to tell us what it says. The supreme court.

Sir Chuckles
2015-09-23, 03:48 AM
I feel as though any Pathfinder character would be required to incorporate the Holy Gun archetype.
With a shotgun.

Seharvepernfan
2015-09-23, 06:36 AM
CG Human Ranger 1/Paladin of Freedom 3/Crusader 1/Factotum 3, you got somethin' to say about my math, son?
favored enemy (arcanists), arcane dilletante (eyes of the avoral)
Str 19, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 22
Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Track, Mounted Combat, Leadership (pegasus cohort), e6 +2 ability score feat (charisma)
eyes of the eagle, star-spangled cloak of charisma +2, olympic gold medal of honor (constant heroism)
colbertpaladin.png

losing a fight with against a druuth of beguilers atm

Seto
2015-09-23, 12:35 PM
Illiteracy makes no sense. One must be able to read the Constitution with a manly tear in their eye.

I don't know about tears, but a raging Barbarian gets a bonus to Constitution, so that should be fine ;)

Prime32
2015-09-23, 02:19 PM
Given the American melting pot, Sam should be at least a Half-something, and multiclass judiciously.Half-something? You mean like a Scar Enforcer? :smalltongue:

Honest Tiefling
2015-09-24, 12:55 PM
CG Human Ranger 1/Paladin of Freedom 3/Crusader 1/Factotum 3, you got somethin' to say about my math, son?
favored enemy (arcanists), arcane dilletante (eyes of the avoral)
Str 19, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 22
Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Track, Mounted Combat, Leadership (pegasus cohort), e6 +2 ability score feat (charisma)
eyes of the eagle, star-spangled cloak of charisma +2, olympic gold medal of honor (constant heroism)
colbertpaladin.png

losing a fight with against a druuth of beguilers atm

Unacceptable! That Pegasus needs to be a giant bald eagle!

Yogibear41
2015-09-24, 01:41 PM
Illiteracy? Rage? Lycanthropy?

Oh if the founding fathers could see us now, what shame they would feel.....