PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Arcanist question

thecrimsondawn
2015-09-22, 12:29 PM
Looking at the favored class options and I noticed that quite a few of the races offer

"Increase total number of points in the arcanist’s arcane reservoir by 1."

But what does this mean exactly?
Arcanists have both a cap on their pool as well as how many points they get per day. There are only a few listed races on the Arcanist class page, but many of the races have options for the Arcanist, and this option is one of them.

By its wording, I would assume its only increasing the max, but due to the extremely limited number of ways to replenish your pool, it seems kinda silly to me if that is what it did.

Now, as for a second question that comes to mind, perhaps I missed something,
What are all the ways a player can use to gain more AR then she is daily allotted. If I overlooked a couple of methods for getting more points, then maybe having a larger cap is not such a bad thing.

thecrimsondawn
2015-09-23, 04:59 AM
I did a little research on it, and it seems that it is the pool's capacity only. The races that get more AR per day only get fractional points, and only 1/6th of one at that.
By process of elimination I can deduce that it was meant to boost the upper limit of the pool, but that still does not help me find all the sources of ways to fill said pool.

I know someone had to have asked this before so even a link would help. I did some light searching but I came up with nothing myself.