PDA

View Full Version : Welp. No laptop for 7-10 days.

genderlich
2015-09-22, 09:28 PM
Last night when I got home from my evening class, I tried booting up my laptop to find that it got stuck on a "Please Wait" screen. After several reboots, taking out/putting back the battery a couple times, and two attempts at system restoring that got indefinitely stuck on the final step, I took it to Best Buy today. Fortunately I have prepaid Geek Squad service (but it's still costing $150 to back up my data), but I'm not getting my laptop back for a week.

This makes it a lot harder to prepare notes for my D&D game since I use Google Docs for everything and statblocks are a real pain to type on a phone. And I can't earn coins in Magic Duels for a week, which hurts cause I was stockpiling them for when the next expansion comes out. AND I need to borrow my housemates' computers every time I want to, you know, type a paper for school - one of which I have due tomorrow and another one next Tuesday.

Bah, it's not a huge deal, just an annoyance. Maybe I'll take this opportunity to go outside, get some fresh air, and experience the wonders of the world! (oh, look at me, I'm so funny. What a joker I am.)

aspi
2015-09-23, 01:32 AM
I can relate to that notion as I would feel pretty uncomfortable without my computer as well, seeing what an integral part of our lives it usually is. However, you could also take some of the time you now have to reflect on how wonderful your life (and most of our lives, respectively) really are if this is the kind of problem that classifies as big enough to write about it. Having to deal luxury problem like this is actually not that bad. :smallsmile: