PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Do you like Spheres of Power? Do you use Hero Lab? Then I have good news...

TheIronGolem
2015-09-22, 11:48 PM
First, Spheres of Power is officially coming to Hero Lab (http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab)! Drop Dead Studios has contracted me to develop the package, which I am hard at work on now. I can't say for sure when it'll be done, because it's a big project, but I'd ballpark it around the end of 2015.

But maybe you'd like to start building out your spherecasters right friggin' now? Well, maybe you can, if you're willing to help me test my work. I need a few extra pairs of eyes and hands, building characters and checking out talents to make sure I've got them statted out and working correctly, and letting me know when something's wrong.

A few caveats in advance:

You'll need to be fairly savvy with Hero Lab itself, and it goes without saying that you should be pretty well-versed in Spheres of Power.
You're not going to be able to create "real" SoP characters just yet. I am still in the middle of working through Talents, and haven't done the work on the spherecasting classes yet. I do have a bare-bones version of the Incanter set up, but it has no class features other than the ability to add Talents. Also, no feats, boons/drawbacks, etc.
At present you don't need any non-core data packages to make SoP work. However, that will change in the future. At the very least, you'll eventually need the Advanced Player's Guide, because at least one class that I know of can gain abilities that come from that book, and I am not going to be duplicating any of Paizo's work for both legal and technical reasons. I'm not yet sure whether any others will be required by the release time, but I'll let you know in advance.
I am developing for the Windows version of Hero Lab. I'm happy to take feedback on the iPad version, but I can't promise to make supporting it a priority at this time as I don't have an iPad myself. Also, I'm given to understand that the iPad HL doesn't have all the same capabilities, so it's possible that not everything will end up working in any case.
I am going to accept a limited number of testers. I'll give preference to people I see turning up often in Adam's AMA thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?415365-The-Creator-of-Spheres-of-Power-Here-Ask-Me-Anything/), since I know they'll be familiar with the material. I'd also like to give preference to people who backed the Kickstarter, though I'll be operating on the honor system regarding that.

If you're interested, PM me or post here with your email address. I'll periodically email the chosen testers a file to install. Going to shoot for a biweekly schedule.

Also, if there's interest, I can use this thread as a "dev diary" and post occasional updates on the project's progress.

EldritchWeaver
2015-09-23, 01:41 AM
Also, if there's interest, I can use this thread as a "dev diary" and post occasional updates on the project's progress.

Yes, I have interest in reading about updates.

Also, how do you solve the various CL progressions, especially with some classes being high-casters only for one or three spheres?

TheIronGolem
2015-09-23, 12:11 PM

Also, how do you solve the various CL progressions, especially with some classes being high-casters only for one or three spheres?

I have a separate component for handling CL, which calculates the base CL by checking each of your classes for tags that denote high-, mid- or low-casting and adding the appropriate fraction of the class's level. The CL is then passed along to each sphere and each talent within the sphere. This means that the system can handle sphere-specific (or even talent-specific) CL modifiers, which will let me handle things like sphere staves and "high-cast with spheres XYZ" classes.

EldritchWeaver
2015-09-23, 02:19 PM
I have a separate component for handling CL, which calculates the base CL by checking each of your classes for tags that denote high-, mid- or low-casting and adding the appropriate fraction of the class's level. The CL is then passed along to each sphere and each talent within the sphere. This means that the system can handle sphere-specific (or even talent-specific) CL modifiers, which will let me handle things like sphere staves and "high-cast with spheres XYZ" classes.

*stares in awe* Why didn't I think of that? I suppose that's why you work on that and not me.:smallbiggrin:

A.J.Gibson
2015-09-23, 04:10 PM
Can I make a request? Several of the classes in SoP state that you have to use certain stats as your casting stat, but the writer has indicated that was for style reasons, and it should be okay for those classes to pick as they would for any other class. Can you make it possible to pick your casting stat for any class? Maybe just through up a warning if you choose a different one from in the book or something?

TheIronGolem
2015-09-23, 04:26 PM
Can I make a request? Several of the classes in SoP state that you have to use certain stats as your casting stat, but the writer has indicated that was for style reasons, and it should be okay for those classes to pick as they would for any other class. Can you make it possible to pick your casting stat for any class? Maybe just through up a warning if you choose a different one from in the book or something?

I'll have to check with Adam and see how he wants to me to handle nonstandard selections, but there's no technical reason why this can't be done.

Pyremius
2015-09-23, 09:20 PM
Congratulations on the contract, and great news for the rest of us, too. :) I can't wait to see this completed (even though I don't think I'd be a good choice for testing at this time).

A.J.Gibson
2015-09-24, 10:18 AM
I'll have to check with Adam and see how he wants to me to handle nonstandard selections, but there's no technical reason why this can't be done.

This would be awesome, thank you!

Cantroy
2015-09-24, 11:16 AM
I am SOOOoooooo looking forward to this. My knowledge of Herolab is basic, as in I can create a feat or 2, and I was never really able to recreate the mystic theurge in Pathfinder, although I think I got about halfway there... so I'm not sure how much help I would be able to be, BUT I am willing to try to help. I am looking at having our next campaign use SoP as well for all magic.

Let me know if someone with my limited skills would be enough to help... At the least, I'm willing to test and give feedback.

TheIronGolem
2015-09-24, 07:04 PM
I am SOOOoooooo looking forward to this. My knowledge of Herolab is basic, as in I can create a feat or 2, and I was never really able to recreate the mystic theurge in Pathfinder, although I think I got about halfway there... so I'm not sure how much help I would be able to be, BUT I am willing to try to help. I am looking at having our next campaign use SoP as well for all magic.

Let me know if someone with my limited skills would be enough to help... At the least, I'm willing to test and give feedback.

To clarify my meaning for #1: You don't need to be an expert with Hero Lab's editor to be a good tester - in fact you don't even need to have ever used the editor at all. You just need to know how to create a character, inspect your ability descriptions, etc. Basically the things you'd need to know in order to use HL as a live character sheet in a gaming session. "Regular Joe" knowledge is perfectly fine.

Tomorrow I'll be starting on my next "talents push" to get a few more spheres done, which will occupy most of my weekend. Once that's done I'll take what I have and send it out to the testers. So make with the email addresses already!

TheIronGolem
2015-09-26, 08:36 PM

One data point: Clearly a trend! Updates it is!

Preamble: We The Casters of the United Spheres Something Something Further Reference to US Constitution

I began the project by creating:

A "talents" component, with a tab in the editor to quickly and easily create them. This is where I have been spending most of my time lately, grinding through talents one by one.
A class-independent menu from which the user selects talents.
A "talents progression" component that links to a class; this is where we define the "schedule" by which each spherecasting class gains magic talents at each level.
A component for denoting and tracking a character's casting ability modifier
A component for calculating caster level, because unlike Vancian classes, multiple spherecasting classes do not track CL independently and instead contribute to a single CL
A "spell points" counter that simply adds CAM + total levels in casting classes
Other things that are too boring to mention and/or I am forgetting about

Next I created a bare-minimum skeleton of the Incanter class. I was (and still am) nowhere near ready to actually create the class; this was just for the sake of having a way to add talents to a character for testing purposes. This also included creating a "Casting" class feature, which will end up being reused for all casting classes so that multiclass spherecasters don't get redundant listings.

And that brought me to the phase of the project that I am still finishing up: Talent creation. I am going through the Sphere list alphabetically, creating Talents for each Sphere in the order they are listed (usually), with Advanced Talents being done after Basic Talents...though occasionally I forget the Advanced Talents for a sphere and have to go back and do them later once I realize they're missing.

Creating an individual Talent can take anywhere from a minute (for a talent that doesn't need any code at all, like Protection's Community) to hours (for talents that have complicated mechanical effects or require me to invent new components or mechanisms to support them). I take most of this time on the weekends, with a bit here and there on weekday evenings.

Twenty spheres of magic, each with 10-20 talents or so, some of which have to be split into multiple "sub-talents" in order to function properly in Hero Lab. All in all, as of this writing, I am well past the 400-talent mark, and I still have five Spheres to go.

The Talent Show

Alteration was first. A bit time-consuming due to the formatting required and the lengthy text on each talent, but not so bad. Later I'd like to come back and figure out some kind of organized way to list the individual forms and traits an Alteration user can bestow, in separate, easy-to-read lists. That's probably going to be a post-release enhancement, though.

Conjuration. Conjur-god-forsaken-ation. I'm so glad this one came early, because it means it's all downhill from here. Most Spheres I can knock out in a few hours. Conjuration ended up eating nearly three weekends. I went into Conjuration thinking I could basically do a copy-paste-hack job on Summoner Eidolons. No dice; Hero Lab's "companion" mechanics are far too tightly wedded to an associated class for me to use them here without resorting to fragile Rube Goldberg Coding solutions that would fall apart in a stiff wind. Nope, gotta make a custom component for that effin' thing to track the number of each limb type, custom races, special code to set up HP and skill points because it won't latch on to the default critter behaviors for some reason, and so on and so forth. Plus, we need some special logic to handle the "trickle-down" nature of Form Talents; the caster adds a Form Talent to his own talents list but picks a Companion to gain the benefit of that talent (did I mention how Extra Companion brought its own series of awesome complications to the party?), and so that Companion has to bootstrap a copy of the same talent, but NOT subtract it from its own list of bonus talents. Oh, and Companions gain gain a separate list of Magic Talents. But they can't take the Conjuration sphere themselves. That restriction was actually a blessing for me, because the last time I contemplated trying to correctly handle nested Companions I woke up in the woods two days later naked and covered in the blood of at least three different animals.

After finishing Conjuration in the early part of a weekend, I was able to knock out the Creation, Dark, Death, and Destruction spheres over the rest of that same weekend. Destruction was a bit unusual in that it necessitated creating a weapon (the Destructive Blast) so that players have a quick-and-easy reference for the combat values of that talent. Another post-release enhancement I'd like to do is enabling the selection of available Blast Type and Blast Shape talents that modify the "weapon" on the fly (denoting damage types and such).

Since then it's been a similar pattern, getting 3-5 Spheres done in any given weekend.

I stopped at one point to implement a system where each Talent's description text would include auto-generated text laying out parameters like range, spell point cost, and duration. This means that in the cases of talents like Distant Protection that simply modify other talents, the effects are shown silently and automatically on the descriptions of the modified talents. Life talents make heavy use of this system, ensuring that you can see everything your cures/restores can do in one centralized list on the talent itself. Handy.

Mind was a bit more involved than most. Each Charm ability is a single Talent as far as the game mechanics are concerned, but has to be implemented as four talents in Hero Lab: the base Talent that you actually add, plus another for each version (Lesser, Greater, Powerful) of the ability, with Powerful being added only after checking for the presence of Powerful Charm.

Nature took a while, too. The "Geomancing package" concept added some wrinkles and required some talent-splitting a la Mind. Still a cakewalk compared to Conjuration.

I just finished the Time sphere. Three to go. If I'm really lucky I'll be able to get them done before I need to wrap up the first file and get it out to you guys for testing. I don't like the looks that Weather is giving me, though.

EDIT: War and Warp are done. Only Weather remains!

EDIT 2: Weather finished, first test file sent out. Now to start fleshing out the Incanter...

Mehangel
2015-10-17, 02:28 PM
Has any further progress been made for this? I understand that the spheres are done, but I am more interested to learn which of the classes/archetypes have been finished.

TheIronGolem
2015-10-17, 03:12 PM
I am almost exactly halfway through the classes at the moment. The Incanter, Armorist, Elementalist, Eliciter, and Fey Adept are done. I'm working on the Hedgewitch now. That one's a slog, because Hedgewitch Traditions are really fiddly and complicated due to the number of features they borrow from other classes, often in modified form. I'm hoping - though not promising - to have the Hedgewitch done by the end of the weekend.

I expect to have the classes done around the end of October, after which I will move on to feats before circling back to archetypes for the core classes.

otaku123
2015-11-01, 09:04 PM
I am SO happy to see this topic as I use Hero Lab and Spheres of Power for my new game. Thank you, TheIronGolem, for letting us know of your progress on this job! :smallsmile: I like the magic concept provided in SoP as it easily translates to "Avatar" elemental benders, psychic types and mages who have themes to their magic as opposed to a general laundry list of spells. That being said, I was wishing there was a Hero Lab version so I could more easily make characters. So this thread is of interest to me. :smallbiggrin: Best of luck with the project!

TheIronGolem
2015-11-02, 12:25 AM
Since my last post in this thread, I've completed the Hedgewitch, Mageknight, Shifter, and Soul Weaver. Slightly behind the schedule I predicted since there's still the Symbiat and Thaumaturge, but those I should be able to get knocked out in the next week.

Hedgewitch and Shifter were both a lot of work. Shifter wasn't that complicated or anything, it's just that there are so many Bestial Traits. Hedgewitch, though...that was tricky. Hero Lab can accommodate up to five different sets of "custom specials" for a character (menu-select things like Rogue Talents, Magus Arcana, and the like). But Traditions can end up giving you more than five types, which means I couldn't store that data on the class itself. Instead I had to create configurables that appear as extra tabs in Hero Lab for most of the Traditions. So for example, if you take the Combat tradition you'll have a "Combat Tradition" tab where you'll add any weapon trainings or Magus arcana you gain through secrets.

Pyremius
2015-11-02, 03:46 PM
Sounds like you're finding good solutions to hard problems. I can't wait to see the finished result.

TheIronGolem
2015-11-09, 01:40 AM
So I've just hit a pretty big milestone. Having completed the Symbiat, Thaumaturge, and Bokor, we are now class-complete. I've also gotten all of the feats from SoP into HL. Next on the block is spherecasting archetypes for the core classes, followed by Boons and Drawbacks.

At this point, I'd like to start collecting suggestions for houserules. As you may know, Hero Lab supports the ability to enact a few common houserules such as "Max hitpoints at each level" or "Keen stacks with Improved Critical" with a simple checkbox. If there are any SoP houserules that are feasible to implement and seem to be in demand, I'll try to get them in. Maybe not for initial release, but I can add them to my list of wanna-dos that can be prioritized after official release. For example, I plan to support a "No advanced talents" houserule.

EldritchWeaver
2015-11-09, 02:56 AM
Some house rules I use:

Choose your casting irrelevant of class
Fractional CL
Free Cantrip bonus feat if you are member of a spherecasting class

Mehangel
2015-11-09, 09:55 AM
Other house rules:

High Casters may not spend more than 1/3rd their talents in a single sphere.
Mid Casters may not spend more than 1/2 their talents in a single sphere.
Sphere Rangers, Paladins, Ect don't use teh impaired CL and Spell Point Progression and use instead the Armorists.

EldritchWeaver
2015-11-09, 10:23 AM
Other house rules:

High Casters may not spend more than 1/3rd their talents in a single sphere.
Mid Casters may not spend more than 1/2 their talents in a single sphere.

These two can be combined to the simpler rule "No caster may spend more talents in a single sphere than half of their character level." It also circumvents the Thaumaturge problem, who has a High-Caster only 10 talents over 20 levels, you had otherwise. I admit, that is first time I have seen this rule applied to all spheres and not just Conjuration. Maybe allow to choose the spheres where this rule would apply to?

Mehangel
2015-11-09, 11:04 AM
These two can be combined to the simpler rule "No caster may spend more talents in a single sphere than half of their character level." It also circumvents the Thaumaturge problem, who has a High-Caster only 10 talents over 20 levels, you had otherwise. I admit, that is first time I have seen this rule applied to all spheres and not just Conjuration. Maybe allow to choose the spheres where this rule would apply to?

What if the Thaumaturge class is considered as a Mid Caster for the purposes of the house rule. The problem is that Low-casters according to the houserule are not supposed to be limited on how they distribute their talents.

EldritchWeaver
2015-11-09, 01:05 PM
What if the Thaumaturge class is considered as a Mid Caster for the purposes of the house rule. The problem is that Low-casters according to the houserule are not supposed to be limited on how they distribute their talents.

Taking your exception to the rule, a Thaumaturge could only spend 5 talents, not merely 3 as before, not to mention that they are supposed to spend 10 on a sphere by level 20 - as other Low-Casters. In general, Mid-Casters are disadvantaged because they can only spend 7 talents at maximum, compared to the 10 Low-Casters or some High-Casters can spend. Also, the Thaumaturge isn't the only oddity. A number of sphere converted paizo classes are High-Casters with only 20 magic talents. In the end, you end up defining exceptions for the cases, where the pattern "Low-Caster - 10 MT", "Mid-Caster - 15 MT", "High-Caster - 30 MT" is not followed.

That's why I went with the approach to check the desired end result for your assumed pattern. It's 10 talents for Low-Casters, 7 talents for Mid-Casters and 10 talents for the High-Casters at level 20. As there is no reason to disadvantage Mid-Casters, the desired result is 10 talents at level 20. Which is simply half of the character level. This rule needs no special handling of classes and treats all casters equally. It is also simpler to remember and to implement.

TheIronGolem
2015-11-09, 01:06 PM
Free choice of casting ability - This is technically in already, but I can certainly make a houserule that will suppress the warning thrown by nonstandard choices.
Fractional CL - Should be doable.
Free Cantrips - Definitely doable.
Restrictions on talents spent in a single sphere - Probably not feasible. To handle this rule with multiclass casters (especially ones of differing caster progression like an Incanter/Armorist), I would need to track what class added each talent, which I am not set up to do at all. Don't hold your breath on this one.
Armorist-like progression for partial-casting archetypes - I have an idea for how I might be able to do this, but I won't be able to tell if it's workable until I get to those archetypes and start playing around with it.

I'm also going to ask Adam to look in on this thread and see if there's anything he'd like to give a thumbs-up or thumbs-down on.

EldritchWeaver
2015-11-09, 02:48 PM
Restrictions on talents spent in a single sphere - Probably not feasible. To handle this rule with multiclass casters (especially ones of differing caster progression like an Incanter/Armorist), I would need to track what class added each talent, which I am not set up to do at all. Don't hold your breath on this one.

Even if the check is simply comparing the number of spent talents to the character level/2, as my proposed alternative?

TheIronGolem
2015-11-09, 03:12 PM
Even if the check is simply comparing the number of spent talents to the character level/2, as my proposed alternative?

Having re-read your proposed version: yes, that's more doable. I must have missed something the first time around.

Adam Meyers
2015-11-12, 12:57 PM
I see no problem in making some official support for the proposed rules here. If I've read correctly, the ideas are:

Free choice of casting ability, Fractional CL, Free Cantrips, can't spend more talents in any given sphere than 1/2 your caster level, starting paladins and rangers at 1st level for magic rather than 4th.

That all sounds good to me.

EldritchWeaver
2015-11-12, 01:17 PM
I see no problem in making some official support for the proposed rules here. If I've read correctly, the ideas are:

Free choice of casting ability, Fractional CL, Free Cantrips, can't spend more talents in any given sphere than 1/2 your character level, starting paladins and rangers at 1st level for magic rather than 4th.

That all sounds good to me.

Fixed that for you.:smallwink:

Adam Meyers
2015-11-12, 02:38 PM
Right, thanks.

otaku123
2015-11-22, 04:02 PM
I continue to follow this thread with interest. Please let us know when this Spheres of Power version is likely to be available on HeroLab. :smallbiggrin:

TheIronGolem
2015-11-22, 06:35 PM
Well, I've completed the Archetypes and those are in testing now. I also took a few days to clean up some bugs and other technical debt that I had run up during this project.

I am now working on the Casting Traditions/Boons and Drawbacks system. I am starting with Drawbacks. I have finished the General Drawbacks (including the mechanism that grants bonus SP based on your number of Drawbacks), and am now working my way through the sphere-specific Drawbacks. As usual, I am going through the spheres alphabetically, and as of this writing I am in the middle of Conjuration. I initially planned to put these on a separate tab, but found that it's easier and cleaner to put them on the Magic Talents tab, like so:

http://i.imgur.com/WYhKcnD.png

And yes, it's wrong that it currently says zero drawbacks spent. I will be correcting that.

After Drawbacks are done, I'll do Boons. From there, Casting Traditions should be easy enough, because those are just things that will bootstrap the appropriate Boons and Drawbacks.

I still can't provide any kind of hard ETA for completion of this package. I do still think I'm on track to get it out by the end of the year. Casting Traditions are the last major piece of the puzzle, but there are still some of the more esoteric aspects of SoP that I'm still trying to work out. Some things, like Rituals, Incantations, and the Spellcrafting system, may not be doable in Hero Lab (at least not without access to its "core" Pathfinder files - which I don't have since I don't work for Lone Wolf). I do think I can at least get Sphere Staves working, and maybe Sphere Wands too. Other than that, I can only promise to do my best. I will be supporting the package after its release, so if I discover a way to do these things then they should become available through HL's update mechanism. The same goes for all other features that I have classified as post-release enhancements, like the aforementioned houserules.

fubblesthebabyc
2015-12-20, 05:54 PM
Hi Folks, I just purchased the PDF, and would love to see Hero Lab support for this product. Keep on posting updates, and I will purchase the MOMENT it is available.

bulbaquil
2015-12-20, 07:38 PM
I am a Spheres fan and would love to see this become available. Also, yet another recommendation for having a houserule option for sphere paladins and rangers being true Low-Casters rather than "Low-Casters minus 3."

TheIronGolem
2015-12-24, 01:04 AM
Update Time!

First, some bad news: I can't do Sphere Staves and Wands after all. At least, not right now. The approach I was taking turned out to be inadequate; the way sphere staves work is just different enough that they can't be properly done in the existing item-power framework. I have some ideas for taking another run at it later, but it's going to take a significant amount of time as it involves getting into customizing the UI of Hero Lab, which is pretty tricky. Short version: this probably won't be in the initial release of the package.

However, there is good news too: While I can't make Staves and Wands themselves yet, I can give you ways of replicating their effects on your character. I have added several Adjustments that can change a character's caster level (either general, sphere-specific, or talent-specific), number of spell points, and number of magic talents. Those Adjustments can be used to represent a Sphere Staff's effects, as well as any other external effects a GM may want to apply to a character. There's also one that adds an additional spell pool, which can represent items like wands that have their own spell point reserve.

Also, yet another recommendation for having a houserule option for sphere paladins and rangers being true Low-Casters rather than "Low-Casters minus 3."

I just committed that to the repository, actually. I'm seeing how many of the approved houserules I can squeeze in before it's time to release. I have this one and "Free Cantrips" good to go.

TheIronGolem
2016-01-02, 12:57 AM
I just sent out the final beta version of the package to the testers, complete with all the houserules from the previous page!

Adam and I are starting the process of getting things set up to distribute the package through Hero Lab. I can't say how long that will take; Lone Wolf has to test and approve the data themselves, which may involve some revisions. But, barring any disasters this should be out SoonTM.

Mehangel
2016-01-02, 09:27 AM
When it is finalized, will you be making updates including the Sphere of Power Handbooks such as the Geomancer's Handbook and Telekinetic Handbook?

TheIronGolem
2016-01-02, 06:01 PM
When it is finalized, will you be making updates including the Sphere of Power Handbooks such as the Geomancer's Handbook and Telekinetic Handbook?

Adam and I have talked about the possibility of doing future SoP content if this goes well. We haven't made any specific plans, though.

EldritchWeaver
2016-01-02, 06:05 PM
Adam and I have talked about the possibility of doing future SoP content if this goes well. We haven't made any specific plans, though.

How do you define "going well"?

TheIronGolem
2016-01-02, 06:09 PM
How do you define "going well"?

We haven't, really. It was just a couple of offhand comments we had made near the beginning of our contract talks.

TheIronGolem
2016-01-17, 02:18 PM
So right now we're still waiting on LWD to review and approve the data package. Not sure how long that's going to take; I get the impression that they're still working through a post-holiday backlog of their own. And there may well be a couple of rounds of back-and-forth where I need to make changes, resubmit, wait for a response, goto 10.

But in the meantime, I've cut a new development branch and have been working on some of the things on my post-release list.

First, there's more Adjustments. Specifically, Adjustments for sphere abilities. So you'll be able to have Hero Lab track the effects on your character when you receive a Protection Ward, a War Totem, etc.

But what about Alteration? Well, that's a bit trickier. I didn't want to flood the adjustments menu with every possible form and trait that Alteration can bestow, plus I figured frequent users (particularly Shifters) would like to have a place to keep track of Alteration effects, separately from any other external effects that might be present on the character. So I'm building this:

http://i.imgur.com/LkETlMR.jpg

This tab will be added to your character by an Adjustment named "Alteration: Shapeshift", and will allow you to add a Form and any number of Traits (it makes no assumption about the number of Traits allowed, because it doesn't know who actually put the shapeshift on you). The Adjustment also lets you specify the CL of the shapeshift effect, so that CL-based bonuses calculate correctly.

Something I'd like to try to do is to make this tab appear when you have the Alteration Sphere (without the Adjustment needed), and when added this way it would use your Alteration CL for calculations, as well as restrict you to the Forms/Traits you can add through your own talents. That would be really useful for Shifters, and anyone else who makes Alteration a cornerstone of their characters.

Pyremius
2016-02-19, 11:50 PM
Any update from Lone Wolf on the review progress?

TheIronGolem
2016-02-20, 03:04 AM
Yes and no. It seems there's been some miscommunication that snarled things up for a while, but we're working it out. No ETA just yet, I'm afraid.

The initial release package has been sent out to KS backers, though.

TheIronGolem
2016-03-14, 08:59 PM
DDS will be putting the package up on DrivethruRPG soon.

I've put up a FAQ/support thread over on LWD's forums here (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55344), and will be handling issues there as they arise.

HUGE thanks to everyone who tested the package during development, particularly EldritchWeaver who made me do a lot more work than I wanted to.

EldritchWeaver
2016-03-15, 02:47 AM
DDS will be putting the package up on DrivethruRPG soon.

I've put up a FAQ/support thread over on LWD's forums here (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55344), and will be handling issues there as they arise.

HUGE thanks to everyone who tested the package during development, particularly EldritchWeaver who made me do a lot more work than I wanted to.

MUAHAHAHA! I'm so evil! :smalltongue:

A.J.Gibson
2016-04-27, 10:44 PM
Since wolflair is convinced I'm a spammer and won't let me register my email (the same one I use to buy Hero Lab), I'll say this here: I upgraded to SoP 1.2 and a large number of talents have disappeared. I opened the editor, and they are in the files, but they are not showing, and Portfolios I have that use them now have blanks.

EldritchWeaver
2016-04-28, 08:48 AM
There is a new version? I haven't seen any update yet.

TheIronGolem
2016-04-28, 09:25 AM
Since wolflair is convinced I'm a spammer and won't let me register my email (the same one I use to buy Hero Lab), I'll say this here: I upgraded to SoP 1.2 and a large number of talents have disappeared. I opened the editor, and they are in the files, but they are not showing, and Portfolios I have that use them now have blanks.

Hang tight, I'll be fixing this ASAP.

A.J.Gibson
2016-04-28, 11:14 AM
There is a new version? I haven't seen any update yet.

The update was on the 24th. On my copy of Hero Lab it wasn't marked with an exclamation mark as updates usually are, so I didn't spot it immediately either.

TheIronGolem
2016-04-29, 01:35 AM
OK, version 1.3 has been released as an emergency fix. My bad on that.

The update was on the 24th. On my copy of Hero Lab it wasn't marked with an exclamation mark as updates usually are, so I didn't spot it immediately either.

Yeah, it never seems to mark SoP for some reason, even though HL always detects the incoming date and version number. I suspect there's something I need to set in the update file to trigger that flag; I'll have to figure out what that is.

A.J.Gibson
2016-04-29, 07:52 AM
OK, version 1.3 has been released as an emergency fix.

Works now. Thanks!

meemaas
2016-04-29, 09:58 PM
Out of curiousity, are there any plans to add in the handbook materials into future updates or should we expect that to be a separate release if at all?

Mehangel
2016-10-01, 03:56 PM
Out of curiousity, are there any plans to add in the handbook materials into future updates or should we expect that to be a separate release if at all?

Well the Hero Lab files for the Destroyer's Handbook (http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/194107/The-Destroyers-Handbook-PDF-Hero-Lab-Bundle-BUNDLE) are available at DriveThruRPG, so I think it is safe to assume that the rest of the handbooks will be released with time.