PDA

View Full Version : A little help to get me started!

Kiassic91
2015-09-23, 04:40 AM
Long story short, I got super into quantum physics today, and decided it would be cool to make a dnd campaign with a quantum factor (based off my VERY limited knowledge :) ). In essence the players start in different realms as the "same person". They are not the same though. Because every "present" has been affected by different timelines, things are not even close to the same. Example, Human realm is what you'd expect, i guess. Dwarves are an outcome of humans going through a supraterranean cataclysm forcing them underground, then they adapt, get shorter, blah blah. Elves came from retreating to the forests and loving nature... or something. You get my drift. These details arent important (yet). So the main character(s) are each acting in conjunction with each other, all of them will have the same role in their proper timeline.
No known timeline has the science of "gyga" (The ability to control and manipulate space, time and energy. Or you know... magic) at the moment, but it has been unleashed in the past.
~ Most people think its myth, but there is a secretive group than call themselves the Gygarians. Creative. I know. Gygarians run the board from crazy to crazier. They have no regard for strength, speed, even really intelligence. As long as you can understand and help recover the secrets of gyga, you're a loved asset. If not, well, have fun making clothes or cooking food.
They have 5 ranks:
Oracle (Chosen on prowess and personal achievement in regards with gyga).
Magi (Select of the Oracle, generally work in groups on advanced projects).
Seekers (The "I'm going to solve the secret by myself!" group.)
Scribes (They do all the little stuff for their Tutors. AKA nearly slaves. Tutors are either Magi or Seekers, and rarely the Oracle will endorse a scribe.)
Acolytes (The "my campaign" equivalent to what ever you are lvl 1 in Final Fantasy Tactics)
An Acolyte must be chosen by a rank "Seeker" or higher, and then become a Scribe. A Scribe is as such until his tutor deems him worthy of advancement to be a Seeker.~

Enter: You.
You were born to Seeker parents. Given an above average education on quantum phys.... er uh.. gyga.. you excelled at a young age. A mixture of you birthplace and keen intuition granted you an opportunity to become the scribe of a Magi. This is an honor most dream of, and a lot of pressure. Becoming a Scribe means you start to live with your tutor.
You enter your first day with your tutor. Before anything else he ask: Do you have any questions for me?
(you know all the information within the ~'s) And you ask!?!?

Where i plan to go: Under the compound lies the source of gyga called the Gygax. Its a mystical force responsible for creating multiple universes and hundred of races, monsters, and unique characters. The character will enter the Gygax (quanta) after all the fluffy intro crap. As the character steps forward, it will move instantly to the next "ring" ( or orbit if you will, they wont all be on a 2d plane.) AKA a quantum leap. All character will be on a different "frequency", therefore being able only to see one another while stepping on a "ring". The Oracle will instruct them to approach and touch the magnificent orb of energy, and BOOM! All the realms begin to cascade into a coexistence. The once human/orc/elf only world is now inhabited by all creatures. Years pass, wars and alliances start, and the characters begin to shape the world into a peaceful place. Ok i wont lie, i havent thought of my end game here. But it hasnt been too long since i started.
I wanna cover all the basics here. Please understand that this is a work in progress, and a large project for me. Ive had great results with other crap from the community, and look forward to your help. Any idea, questions, inquiries, or neat things i didnt know about quantum physics are more than welcome. Ya'll rock. <3