PDA

View Full Version : Need help reducing mad 3.5

kulosle
2015-09-23, 07:39 AM
I am going to be playing a gestalt campaign soon and i really like the idea of a warforged artificer/monk (i'm not open to suggestions of taking different classes like swordsage or something). But the build ends up being MAD as hell. Especially because it was suggested to me to go argent fist (might not do that though). I looked at the X stat to Y bonus chart and there is a lot of ways of changing around what thing is based on what stat. But non of them seem to do it very well or early enough (we're starting at level 1). It's a 36 point buy. Is there any way of really pulling this build together? Would it be horrible if i went 14 in each stat and waited for items to help fix things?

Arael666
2015-09-23, 07:46 AM
Kung Fu Genius will let you drop WIS and rely only in INT (as your primary casting stat) as a modifier for all monk special abilities that normally rely on Wisdom.

Sian
2015-09-23, 07:54 AM
the most obivous way to lower the MAD-ness of such a build would be Kung Fu Genius, replacing all your Wisdom needs from Monk with Intelligence. Another would be getting Shadow Blade from ToB together with Weapon Finesse to completely replace Strength with Dexterity, and Fairy Mysteries Initiate (Dra#319) replacing Con with Int for HP purposes.

But your correct, none of them, and specially not if you want all of them, is really available early game.

That said, Artificer by itself doesn't really need all that much Int, if you are willing to dedicate your cash flow into getting a early Headband of Intellect and keep upgrading it

kulosle
2015-09-23, 08:01 AM
Is argent fist a good idea? Making it so i need charisma as well? If not what else would be?