PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How would you overthrown an emperor?

djwood
2015-09-23, 09:35 AM
I'm in this campaign where we are in a military force. And we just completed our first mission. we are all level 3 ( i'm a vanarian monk/druid)

Now my characters side quest is to become the next ruer of the empire.

now I have a few ideas how to achieve this as in getting higher ranked in the military to get personal emperor duties ( babysitting his kids, go with him out of the empire etc etc) then fake save pne of his family members ( put poison in glass and stop the person from drinking it and frame one of the servants and yadi yadi yada), but I was wondering how would other people do it successfully. Becausach might not be 100%successful

BWR
2015-09-23, 12:30 PM
Success really depends on how forgiving the DM is and what you have to work with.
At level 3 there is no way in hell I'd allow a PC to take over an empire unless there was some truly amazing planning and luck involved (or if the character was already well in line for the throne - which could actually happen in one game I play).
A level 20 caster could take over with brute force or subtle mind****ery and anything inbetween so long as there weren't other powerful casters working against her.

In your particular case we'd need a lot more information to work with before determining whether your plan will succeed or coming up with ideas of our own. You need to have good answers to these just for starters:
What are the laws of succession of the realm?
What are the local politics?
Who is in line for the throne?
What other rivals do you have?
How powerful and common are casters there? How many are loyal to the current emperor?
How popular is the current emperor?