PDA

View Full Version : [Class] Ki Master (Work in progress)

Pink
2007-05-16, 01:20 PM
"Was that your attack? Tapping me on the side of the head? Hah, I thought you monks were supposed to be something special, able to split bricks with your bare hands. Here, let me show you what a sharp piece of metal can do better than your fists. I'm gonna...I'm gonna...I'm gonna be, ugh, sick..."

Just a class style of monk I don't think has been explored much, involving the manipulation of the ki energy force. I'm not so much trying to 'fix' monk or anything, just give an option and see what everyone thinks. Basically a nonmagic debuffer. First homebrew class so be gentle yet still give me proper guidance. I think I may have given too much BAB. Still a work in progress, honestly I'd like to find or think of something better than the monk special abilities to give it. also I need to think of some more ki abilities, and any help with that would be appreciated.

HD: d8

Alignment: Lawful

Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex)

Skill Points at 1st level
(4 + Int modifier) x4

Skill Points at each additional level
4 + Int modifier

NAME OF CLASS
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|AC Bonus, Ki Power, Stunning Fist, Unarmed Strike

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Ki Ability, Minor

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Still Mind

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|Ki Ability, Minor

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|Ki Strike(Magic)

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+5|Ki Ability, Minor

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+5|Purity of Body

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+6|Ki Ability, Minor

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+6|Ki Strike(Alignment)

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+7|Ki Ability, Moderate

11th|
+11|
+7|
+3|
+7|Diamond Body, Enhanced Ki Power

12th|
+12|
+8|
+4|
+8|Ki Ability, Moderate

13th|
+13|
+8|
+4|
+8|Ki Strike(Material)

14th|
+14|
+9|
+4|
+9|Ki Ability, Moderate

15th|
+15|
+9|
+5|
+9|Diamond Soul

16th|
+16|
+10|
+5|
+10|Ki Ability, Greater

17th|
+17|
+10|
+5|
+10|Timeless Body

18th|
+18|
+11|
+6|
+11|Ki Ability, Greater

19th|
+19|
+11|
+6|
+11|Masterful Ki Power

20th|
+20|
+12|
+6|
+12|Ki Ability, Greater, Perfect Self[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
Proficient with All Simple Melee weapons, plus Sling, Javelin, and Dart. Not proficient with any armor or shields. When wearing armor, using a shield, or carrying a medium or heavy load, a Ki Master loses his AC bonus, as well as his ki dependent abilities.

Ac Bonus(Ex): Exactly like Monk's

Ki Power(Su): A Ki Master uses their ki to disrupt the life force of their enemy. They gain a ki pool equal to their class level + Wis modifier. These ki uses are used in varying amounts by some of a Ki Master's class abilities. Abilities that require ki uses can only be used when the Ki Master is wearing no armor and is unencumbered.
As long as the Ki Master's ki pool isn't empty, he gets a +2 bonus to Will saves.
To recover his ki pool a Ki Master must first sleep until he is fully rested. (if he can become rested with less than eight hours sleep this applies. However he must sleep or rest in a similar fashion for a minimum of 2 hours no matter what) Upon waking he must spend 1 hour in meditation to get into contact with his life force.
At lvl 11 the ki pool holds Class lvl + 2xWis Modifier
At lvl 19 the Ki pool holds Class lvl + 3xWis Modifier

Unarmed Strike: Exactly like Monk's

Stunning Fist: At first level a Ki Master gets Stunning Fist as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. They may expend 2 uses of I]ki[/I] to make an extra stunning fist attempt per day.

Ki Abilities(Su): At levels 2, and at every even level afterwards a Ki Master may choose to Learn one a Ki ability. At first he is only able to pick from the list of Lesser abilities, however as he increases in level he's able to choose from the moderate and Greater lists as well. Only one ki ability may be used with a single attack, however if the Ki Master is able to do multiple attacks a ki ability may be applied to each attack. All abilities must be declared before their use.

Still Mind(Ex): Exatly like Monk's

Ki Strike(Su): At 5th level a Ki Master's unarmed attacks are treated like magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
At 9th level a Ki Master's unarmed attacks may have the lawful/good/evil alignment applied to it for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. Good aligned Ki masters are not able to choose the evil alignment, and evil aligned Ki masters are not able to choose the good alignment. Neutral aligned Ki Master's may choose any of the three. Only one alignment may be assigned at one time and a fullround action is required to change the alignement. This stacks with treating unarmed strikes as magic weapons.
At 13th level a ki Master's unarmed attacks may imitate the qualities of a materical for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. Only one material may be active at a time and a full round action is needed in order to change the material. This stacks with treating unarmed strikes as aligned and magic weapons.

Purity of Body(Ex): Exactly like Monk's

Diamond Body(Su): Exactly like Monk's

Diamond Soul(Ex): Exactly like Monk's

Perfect Self: Exactly like Monk's

Timeless Body(Ex): Exactly like Monk's

Lesser ki Abilities
Clap to the Ear: By hitting the oponnent on the side of the head and releashing a blast of ki you disable their hearing. By expending a use of ki before making an attack, if the attack is succesful the opponent must succed a Fort save (DC 10 + 1/2 Ki Master level + Wis mod) or they are deafened for 1/2 class level + Wis mod rounds.
Disorienting hit By sending a jolt to the opponent's awareness you make them momentarily drop their guard. By expending a use of ki before an attack, if the attack is succesful the opponent is considered flatfooted until beginning of your next turn.

[I]Healing ki By expending a use of ki, you increase the recovery speed of your body. You gain fast healing 1 for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 class level + wis mod. At level 10 a Ki master may expend 2 uses instead of 1 and get Fast healing 2 for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 class level + wis mod. At level 16 a Ki master may expend 3 uses instead of 1 and get fast Healing 3 for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 class level + wis mod. This can be done as a standard action.

Moderate Ki Abilities
Dazing Strike: By releasing a blast of ki into your opponent you cause them to become dazed. Dazing strike is used as part of an attack. By expending a use of ki before making an unarmed attack, if the attack hits, as well as dealing damage as normal, the opponent must make a Fort Save (10+1/2 Ki Master level + Wis Mod), or be dazed for 1 round. If the ki Master is able to make multiple attacks, they may attempt a Dazing strike with each, each succesful attack and daze after the first increasing the duration for one round. Dazing strikes from different Ki Masters do not stack, as well as those made in different rounds, rather the higher result prevails.

Greater ki abilities
Forehead Jab A disruptive jolt of ki straight into the enemy's brain disrupts thier mental facilities. By expending 2 uses of ki before an attack, instead of dealing normal damage the attack deals mental damage if it connects. This deals 1d4 + Wis mod of damage to either Int, Wis, or Cha (Ki master's choice) and a fort save halves this damage (10 + 1/2 class level + wis mod)