PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Spell based on Season Premiere of Doctor Who

Debihuman
2015-09-23, 02:04 PM
The hour opens with The Doctor encountering a boy stuck in a horrifying field of “Hand Mines” — five fingers surrounding a horrible eye that reach up and pull their victims beneath the surface — and shoring him up with the instruction, “Tell me the name of the boy who isn’t going to die today!” But when he learns that name is Davros — his mortal enemy from the future (AKA leader of the Daleks) — he flees the scene, leaving the child weeping in terror... from : http://tvline.com/2015/09/19/doctor-who-kills-davros-boy-dalek-season-9-premiere-recap/

Hand Mine Field
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: 20-ft.-square
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell conjures a field of hands in a 20-foot square. Each hand has 5 fingers and large eye in the center of the palm. As soon as a creature steps into the area, the hands spring forth from the earth, floor, or whatever surface is underfoot—except water. They grasp the ankles of any human-shaped creatures and pull them underground with great strength*.

Any creature that enters the area of the spell once the hands appear is immediately attacked by the hands.

A creature in the hand mine field that does not move is not attacked by the hands. The hands do not attack objects thrown in the field nor can they attack creatures that are above their grasp (such as flying or levitating creatures as long as the creature is higher than 6 inches off the ground).

Material Component
A derro’s finger

*Living creatures may suffocate. It is unknown what happens to bodies pulled underground.