PDA

View Full Version : I asked this before but...if you had to choose between...

Masakan
2015-09-23, 09:53 PM
Melodic casting and Nymphs kiss which would it be and why?

BowStreetRunner
2015-09-23, 10:02 PM
Melodic casting and Nymphs kiss which would it be and why?

Nymph's Kiss because I don't play Bards.

Telonius
2015-09-23, 10:08 PM
Personally? Melodic casting, my wife wouldn't be all that happy with Nymph's Kiss's prereq. :smallbiggrin:

On a Bard, Melodic casting all the way.

Kelb_Panthera
2015-09-23, 10:30 PM
Presuming it's for a bard, probably melodic casting unless I had something special in mind that needs the extra skill points or has Nymph's kiss as a prerequisite.

Seclora
2015-09-23, 10:41 PM
Melodic Casting on a bard, Nymph's Kiss on anything else. Effectively both feats provide you an extra skill to select, since a bard no longer needs concentration to..anything, but Melodic Casting allows you to sing and cast while Nymph's Kiss requires you to be on Robot Santa's nice list and worse still, to play friendly with a fey.

Being exalted good, acceptable; risk letting those flittery little monsters get away with it, not a chance.

Flickerdart
2015-09-23, 10:58 PM
Nymph's Kiss is very powerful, but requires you to abide by Exalted rules.

Melodic Casting is a very weak feat - all the songs that are useful in combat linger for 5 rounds so you should never spend actions to maintain them. The Concentration > Perform benefit is like Nymph's Kiss's extra skill point, except less versatile.

Masakan
2015-09-23, 11:06 PM
in my case I have absolutely no issue being of a good alignment, in fact i cant imagine myself playing a neutral character let alone an evil one. Besides you can easily BS the Fey Requirement, Just say a feychild is your music/dance instructor or something...or will that not work?

torrasque666
2015-09-23, 11:10 PM
in my case I have absolutely no issue being of a good alignment, in fact i cant imagine myself playing a neutral character let alone an evil one. Besides you can easily BS the Fey Requirement, Just say a feychild is your music/dance instructor or something...or will that not work?
Depends on how.... intimate... you are with them. Its slightly implied that its a physically intimate relationship, but it is​ possible for it to be an emotionally intimate one.

Remember that Exalted feats are just as much about the spirit of the feat as the letter.

Flickerdart
2015-09-23, 11:11 PM
Firstly, Exalted is not the same thing as being of a Good alignment. To be Exalted, you have to be better than a paladin, pretty much all the time.

Secondly, your relationship with the fey must be intimate (and maintained, so you can't write shagging a nymph into your backstory and forget about her).

Necroticplague
2015-09-23, 11:21 PM
Melodic casting only theoretically has some use on bards, and even then, it's pretty bad. Nymph's Kiss is at least decent on pretty much any character, but has an annoying requirement to be Exalted, not merely Good. I'd choose a whole lot of other things before I touched either. Given the choice, definitely Nymph's Kiss.

Jeff the Green
2015-09-23, 11:23 PM
Personally? Melodic casting, my wife wouldn't be all that happy with Nymph's Kiss's prereq. :smallbiggrin:

Intimate ≠ sexual. I once made a warforged who was created with help from a dryad (his sinews are livewood), and adventured with her. They're best friends and have worked together for nearly a hundred years. I can't think of a more intimate relationship, even though my character lacks the requisite plumbing for sex.

Edit:
To answer the question, Nymph's Kiss, hands down. There is a roleplaying requirement implied, if not actually required, (in addition to the exalted requirement) but to me that's a pro, not a con.

Masakan
2015-09-23, 11:54 PM
That's what im thinking, just because it says intimacy does not mean, that you have to bang them.