PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Kaizoku d20 Productions: [Recruiting]

Talfrey
2007-05-16, 03:29 PM
Hi,

My name is Chris, and I'm trying to form a group of anime loving role players who want to help me finish up some projects I've been undertaking. I originally had a group of real world amigos but from people graduating and going to college, people graduating from college and going to work, and people simply leaving, we've pretty much disbanded.

I'm home to form a group online that is used to being online so we won't have to worry about the possibility of splitting up. For this, I propose...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/Talfrey/HollowFlag.jpg

The two projects I'm working on now are the Once Piece d20 manual, and the Bleach d20 manual. Both seemed almost done only a few weeks ago, but after some playtesting a huge amount of stuff was discarded for being either supremely broken or simply way too complicated. If you are interested, simply download the One Piece d20 .doc from Here! (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55466569/) and get to work on playtesting, suggesting stuff in the thread, and simply correcting spelling and wording of stuff.

((The download is to the left under the name))

Once we have finished One Piece d20 and Bleach d20, we can move on to other projects as they arrive.

Justyn
2007-05-16, 06:36 PM
Hi Chris, I am Justyn, a One Piece fanatic, and I am a somewhat avid player of the D20 system (I play online, not many people even want to learn to play where I live) so I can help you with the Devil Fruit abilities; in fact I have been fiddling around with some myself :smallwink:, and I have already done some playtesting with Zoan and Logia types. And, I can help with developing the Rokushiki abilities. And I would LOVE to help with playtesting

Now, I have a bit of constructive critisism:

You, like so many people, confuse Fishmen (Gyojin, like Arlong) and Mermen (Ningyo, like Camie).

Giants in One Piece; like Broggy, Dorry, Oimo, Kaashi, and Jaguar D. Saul; are all colossal. The size difference between Giants and Humans is roughly the same as the difference between the Tarrasque and the soldiers on page 240 of the Monster Manual. (But placing Giants as huge is probably just to allow them to be playable, right?)

Talfrey
2007-05-16, 07:14 PM
Hi Chris, I am Justyn, a One Piece fanatic, and I am a somewhat avid player of the D20 system (I play online, not many people even want to learn to play where I live) so I can help you with the Devil Fruit abilities; in fact I have been fiddling around with some myself :smallwink:, and I have already done some playtesting with Zoan and Logia types. And, I can help with developing the Rokushiki abilities. And I would LOVE to help with playtesting

Now, I have a bit of constructive critisism:

You, like so many people, confuse Fishmen (Gyojin, like Arlong) and Mermen (Ningyo, like Camie).

Giants in One Piece; like Broggy, Dorry, Oimo, Kaashi, and Jaguar D. Saul; are all colossal. The size difference between Giants and Humans is roughly the same as the difference between the Tarrasque and the soldiers on page 240 of the Monster Manual. (But placing Giants as huge is probably just to allow them to be playable, right?)

Gasp! You are correct sir! About the Merman Fishman things. I had assumed at the time when I first watched it (before I bothered starting to learn Japanese) It was merely a discrepancy on the part of the fansubbers, but now I go back and listen, and sure enough, you are correct!

As for Giants. No doubt they are indeed colossal. But that would be... difficult to balance under ANY situation. Which is of course why I chose huge. They're still obscenely large, but rule-wise, they're not so impossible.

I'd like to look at your fruits. I had a design based around the idea that one uses style points to enhance abilities, and all fruits granted three tiers of abilities.

For Example: The Gum Gum Fruit grants "Stretch" which increases one's reach, "Wind Up" which let's one stretch out and snap back for a powerful attack (or literally wind up. It's just a keyword). And "Rubber Body" which grants huge damage reduction vs bludgeoning and electricity, and minor resistance in everything else. Putting ability points in these would allow them to get better like any fighting style would.

And as for Rokushiki abilities, you may have noticed that the rules pretty much allow for all of such type abilities with styles.

Of course most of styles is just flavor, but that's really how it should be, right?

Justyn
2007-05-16, 09:22 PM
Paramecia types are fairly hard, as it is the catch-all catagory; but Zoan and Logia are a bit easier. Just to let you know, I prefer to use the names Oda gave the fruits, but I know the Viz/4Kids names; so I can tell what fruit you are refering to. I originaly made these rules in order to allow Devil Fruits to be played a non-One Piece setting (Ebberon, Faerun, Et Cetera). I basicaly made them as aquired templates.

Logia:

"Devil Fruit user (Logia-type)" is an aquired template that can be added to any living, corporeal Animal, Dragon, Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, Giant, Abberation, Magical Beast, or Vermin (Outsiders, Fey, Ooze, and Constructs need some playtesting) (hereafter refered to as the base creature). A Logia Devil Fruit user retains all the base creature's characteristics except as noted here. This template can be gained once, if a creature that would normaly gain this template already has this, or any other Devil Fruit template, it instead explodes. Needless to say, this is fatal.
Size and Type:The template adds the appropiate elemental subtypes (Mera Mera no Mi adds the Fire subtype, Hie Hie no Mi adds the Cold subtype).
Special Attacks: A Logia-type Devil Fruit user retains all the base creature's Special Attacks, and it gains the option to use a single slam attack each turn that deals 1d6 points of damage of the subtype(s) gained by the fruit for each hit dice gained after this template is aquired, to a minimum of 1d6 points of damage.(Should racial hit dice be included, even if the creature has them before gaining the template?) This is a extraordinary ability. (a DM could rule it supernatural ability).
Special Qualities: The Devil Fruit user retains the base creature's Special Qualities, and the following special qualities:
Elemental Transformation (Ex/Su): At any time, a logia type-devil Fruit use may entirely transform into the element that they are made up of, and can fill a number of 5-foot cube with the element equill to the number of hit dice gained after this template is aquired + their constitution bonus, to a minimum of one 5-foot cube. The user can be attacked when in this or any other form, the user is treated as if incorporeal (should Ghost Touch-y weapons effect?). When attacked, the user may partialy transform into the element, being treated as if incorporeal. Any creature that is occupies a space that is filled by the Logia user's element, take 1d6 points of the appropiate damage for every two hit dice gained after aquiring this template. Any space that the Logia user occupies when in this form must be connected with at least one other space the Logia user occupies, and may move any.
Climate: As Base Creature
Orginisation: As Base Creature
Chalange Rating: Base Creature + (1 at a minimum)
Treasure: As Base Creature
Alignment: As Base Creature
Advancement: As Base Creature or by character class.
Level Adjustment: (Around +3)

Any comments?

Talfrey
2007-05-16, 09:55 PM
For the record I've only watched all of one episode of the 4kids version.

After my ears stopped bleeding I swore to never watch it again.

As for your fruit, I like it on principle, but I keep thinking my method might be more adaptable... For that I oughta post my design, but I can't find the complete document with it. I only have what I hosted on Dev Art...

Maitake Aisu
2010-08-07, 01:24 PM
Paramecia types are fairly hard, as it is the catch-all catagory; but Zoan and Logia are a bit easier. Just to let you know, I prefer to use the names Oda gave the fruits, but I know the Viz/4Kids names; so I can tell what fruit you are refering to. I originaly made these rules in order to allow Devil Fruits to be played a non-One Piece setting (Ebberon, Faerun, Et Cetera). I basicaly made them as aquired templates.

Logia:

"Devil Fruit user (Logia-type)" is an aquired template that can be added to any living, corporeal Animal, Dragon, Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, Giant, Abberation, Magical Beast, or Vermin (Outsiders, Fey, Ooze, and Constructs need some playtesting) (hereafter refered to as the base creature). A Logia Devil Fruit user retains all the base creature's characteristics except as noted here. This template can be gained once, if a creature that would normaly gain this template already has this, or any other Devil Fruit template, it instead explodes. Needless to say, this is fatal.
Size and Type:The template adds the appropiate elemental subtypes (Mera Mera no Mi adds the Fire subtype, Hie Hie no Mi adds the Cold subtype).
Special Attacks: A Logia-type Devil Fruit user retains all the base creature's Special Attacks, and it gains the option to use a single slam attack each turn that deals 1d6 points of damage of the subtype(s) gained by the fruit for each hit dice gained after this template is aquired, to a minimum of 1d6 points of damage.(Should racial hit dice be included, even if the creature has them before gaining the template?) This is a extraordinary ability. (a DM could rule it supernatural ability).
Special Qualities: The Devil Fruit user retains the base creature's Special Qualities, and the following special qualities:
Elemental Transformation (Ex/Su): At any time, a logia type-devil Fruit use may entirely transform into the element that they are made up of, and can fill a number of 5-foot cube with the element equill to the number of hit dice gained after this template is aquired + their constitution bonus, to a minimum of one 5-foot cube. The user can be attacked when in this or any other form, the user is treated as if incorporeal (should Ghost Touch-y weapons effect?). When attacked, the user may partialy transform into the element, being treated as if incorporeal. Any creature that is occupies a space that is filled by the Logia user's element, take 1d6 points of the appropiate damage for every two hit dice gained after aquiring this template. Any space that the Logia user occupies when in this form must be connected with at least one other space the Logia user occupies, and may move any.
Climate: As Base Creature
Orginisation: As Base Creature
Chalange Rating: Base Creature + (1 at a minimum)
Treasure: As Base Creature
Alignment: As Base Creature
Advancement: As Base Creature or by character class.
Level Adjustment: (Around +3)

Any comments?

Been looking for a thread like this for some time now, and ive yet to read the .doc but a mechanic for the logias you may want to include is the ability to produce their elements (Aokiji freezing the ocean, all of Ace's attacks, Blackbeard's darkness, etc). Being able to produce a number of 5-foot cube with the element equal to the number of hit dice gained after this template is aquired + their constitution bonus, to a minimum of one 5-foot cube and having the ability to transform their body would most likely resolve the issue.

Also, if you want bleach d20 ideas i would suggest looking into Behold the Void's bleach d20 thread, as the mechanics are relatively sound.

Thalorian
2011-10-20, 02:59 AM
This is what I got for Devils Fruit write ups. Because of the wide variety of devils fruits, I summed them up into 3 types. With their own subtypes. Logia (Solid, Energy, Partial < Solid like Wax, Energy like lightning Fire, and Particle like Sand and such.> Paramecia (Body, Energy, Mind <Body would be like Luffy's Rubber, Energy would be like Moria, and Mind would be any other fruit, like the Slow Slow fruit, and such>) Zoan (Animal, Ancient, and Mystical <Self explanatory>) Because of you not knowing what you get, you must roll 1d6 to determine the nature of the fruit.

1-2 Logia
3-4 Paramecia
5-6 Zoan

Zoan
1-2 Animal
3-4 Ancient
5-6 Mythical

Logia
1-2 Solid
3-4 Energy
5-6 Logia

Paramecia
1-2 Body
3-4 Energy
5-6 Mind

Now, for Zoan types, they would be treated as Lycans. Simple matter to create them.

Logia would grant the following powers.

*50% chance to miss (unless they are solid types, then they don't get this, just DR/10+ level.)
*The ability to deal 1d6 dmg/level (the type is dependent on the Logia type)
This is at a range of 20 yards with no range increment and is treated as a ranged touch attack. DC is 10 + level + Dex mod.
*They also gain the ability to "Reconstruct" themselves after being dropped to 0 HP and gains half HP, then, after reaching 0 HP again, they can reconstruct themselves, but at 1/4 HP. The next time they reach 0, they effectively die for a number of days equal to the damage dealt over 0 times 30. (a minimum of 30)
*They gain a Fly Speed of 50 with good maneuverability.
(other abilities can be added)

Paramecia
This is the most widest of fruits, so, the only thing I can come up with is, the PC is given a form of fruit by the DM (There are hundreds online if you know were to look) then they both work together to determine the limits and exact powers of the Fruit, and then the PC starts play with 3 abilities that grant additional powers and such to the PC.

Quake Quake Fruit
The possessor of this fruit gains the ability to sends vibrations through any object they touch. The object must be touched if it is to receive the vibrations, the air can be a medium to vibrate things at a distance, but, the power of the attacks are halved.

*Any attack that is dealt by the user of this fruit deals 1d8 per level possessed by the PC blunt damage that will bypass any DR.
*The vibrations set in the air have a maximum range of 70' by 70' with range increment.
*If these attacks are used to break objects, the hardness of the object is ignored, and the break DC is halved.

The three basic starting attacks are;

* Heart Attack: By making a successful touch attack, the target must then make a Fortitude save (DC same as Logia) or take 50 dmg/level, if they make it, they are then fatigued and take half dmg.

* Earthquake: By sending vibrations into the earth, the ground suddenly becomes unstable. An area of 30' by 30' plus an additional 10 'by 10' per 2 levels possessed. All creatures in this range must make a Balance Check with a DC as the same as logia, or fall prone. This attack can be kept up for a number of rounds equal to their constitution score plus 10.

* Wraith: By vibrating his very molecules, he can gain a 100% chance to be unharmed by any kind of attack. But, by activating this, he increases his aging rate. Gaining 1d3 years per 2 rounds this ability is activated.

The other thing I would add is the Devils Fruit class, by gaining the class, you must meet only one perquisite. Possessing a Devils Fruit. By gaining this class, you do not gain any class benefits, including no skill points, no feats, no HP. You only gain the abilities of a advance devils fruit, all abilities of the devils fruit is effectively increased by half. This is representing the characters willingness to spend time training his devils fruit, you can only take this class a maximum of 5 times.

The new additions I think would do well in this world is;

* Knowledge: Devils Fruit (The knowledge of devils fruits, and their history)
* Re known Levels: A number that starts at 0, but can increase by deeds (at DMs discretion) the higher it is, the more people know you. This number will effect how people react to you, how much they charge you, ect. This number is added to a roll of D20 to attempt to reach the DC set by the DM. (a higher DC would be in a place that is far out of touch).
* Every DM should take a look at the Sea rules, drowning rules and such.

Thalorian
2011-10-20, 05:39 PM
For the record I've only watched all of one episode of the 4kids version.

After my ears stopped bleeding I swore to never watch it again.

As for your fruit, I like it on principle, but I keep thinking my method might be more adaptable... For that I oughta post my design, but I can't find the complete document with it. I only have what I hosted on Dev Art...

Haha, 4kids dub is horrid, the english dub is the only way to go, sorry. But they RUINED 4kids dub.

TravelLog
2011-10-20, 08:25 PM
This is what I got for Devils Fruit write ups. Because of the wide variety of devils fruits, I summed them up into 3 types. With their own subtypes. Logia (Solid, Energy, Partial < Solid like Wax, Energy like lightning Fire, and Particle like Sand and such.> Paramecia (Body, Energy, Mind <Body would be like Luffy's Rubber, Energy would be like Moria, and Mind would be any other fruit, like the Slow Slow fruit, and such>) Zoan (Animal, Ancient, and Mystical <Self explanatory>) Because of you not knowing what you get, you must roll 1d6 to determine the nature of the fruit.

1-2 Logia
3-4 Paramecia
5-6 Zoan

Zoan
1-2 Animal
3-4 Ancient
5-6 Mythical

Logia
1-2 Solid
3-4 Energy
5-6 Logia

Paramecia
1-2 Body
3-4 Energy
5-6 Mind

A minor thing, but in my opinion, the breakdowns should be more like this:

Devil Fruit (1d6 roll)
1-3: Paramecia
4-5: Zoan
6: Logia

This is because Logia fruits are much much much rarer than any other type of devil fruit. Likewise, the Zoan subtype breakdown should be as follows:

Zoan
1-3: Animal
4-5: Ancient
6: Mythical

This is because Mythical and Ancient Zoans are way rarer and more powerful than your typical Zoan fruit. Example: X. Drake or Marco vs. Jyabura (or most of CP9 really) or even Awakened Zoan like Minotauros.

Winner: X. Drake or Marco, simply because their abilities are far more powerful and versatile. Marco regenerates, has wings, can make fire, etc. That goes far beyond normal animal transformation.

Thalorian
2011-10-21, 02:50 AM
A minor thing, but in my opinion, the breakdowns should be more like this:

Devil Fruit (1d6 roll)
1-3: Paramecia
4-5: Zoan
6: Logia

This is because Logia fruits are much much much rarer than any other type of devil fruit. Likewise, the Zoan subtype breakdown should be as follows:

Zoan
1-3: Animal
4-5: Ancient

This is because Mythical and Ancient Zoans are way rarer and more powerful than your typical Zoan fruit. Example: X. Drake or Marco vs. Jyabura (or most of CP9 really) or even Awakened Zoan like Minotauros.

Winner: X. Drake or Marco, simply because their abilities are far more powerful and versatile. Marco regenerates, has wings, can make fire, etc. That goes far beyond normal animal transformation.

True, then, why not make it so they have to roll first a 6 on the Logia, but then, roll another natural 6. And change it for Zoan so that it's;

1-4: Animal
5: Ancient

And follow the same principles for Logia?

TravelLog
2011-10-21, 08:19 AM
True, then, why not make it so they have to roll first a 6 on the Logia, but then, roll another natural 6. And change it for Zoan so that it's;

1-4: Animal
5: Ancient

And follow the same principles for Logia?

Exactly, or something close to that like:
1-5: Animal
6: Ancient/Mythical

If they roll a 6, then they can roll again:
1-4: Ancient
5-6: Mythical

Or something like that.

BlackestOfMages
2011-10-21, 08:37 AM
shameless self-plugging, but on the Bleach front we'd be happy to offer any advice, and potentially borrow some of your ideas :smalltongue: (http://bleachd20-classes.proboards.com/index.cgi)

also, reserving space for criticizing your one-piece stuff for when I have more free time :smallsmile:

Thalorian
2011-10-21, 08:08 PM
Exactly, or something close to that like:
1-5: Animal
6: Ancient/Mythical

If they roll a 6, then they can roll again:
1-4: Ancient
5-6: Mythical

Or something like that.

I forgot about the Awakened Zoan Types, sorry. I was up all night working on this, haha.

Awakened Zoan Type (Pristiege Class)

Those who possess the Zoan type, through intense dedication to thier fruit, can learn to allow it to take over. And allow the true power of the Zoan take over and manifest. While Awakened, you will attack anything that moves, respectivley, the DM takes complete control over your character until you leave the state.

Prequisites: Zoan Type Devils Fruit, and 5 levels of Devils Fruit Class.

By taking this Class, all Zoan Type powers increase by 10% (Max of 50%)

You also gain the following abilities;

* Awakened Trance: By spending ten rounds of concentrating, you can awaken the Zoans Power and allow it to manifest: When you are in this trance, you have no control over your character; you increase by one size category (using your hybrid forms size); all abilties granted by the devils fruit are increased by 10 times. However, you lose one constituiton point per round you are in this state, and cannot call it off at will. You must make a 20% percetile check each round to determine if it deteriates on it's own. Which means, it is possible for it to last 1 round, or, last long enough that you die.

This trance takes 10 rounds to complete, unless you possess a Rumble Ball.

RUMBLE BALL

In order to create, you must make a Craft: Alchemy check with a DC of 35, and have access to 2000 GP (Or Beli) worth of materials and 1000 GP (or Beli) Lab. If you do not possess a Devils Fruit Zoan Type, then, you begin to lose 1 con point per round, and have a 20% chance for the drain to stop each round. Because of the potency of this drug, there is no save allowed.

Thalorian
2012-01-04, 05:32 PM
Hmmm, seems like no one is interested in this anymore. I have a bunch of stuff cooked up for a campaign, if anyone is interested, give me a email at [email protected] and I have AIM add me at Batmanmtweb