PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ranged Inquisitor, what domain or inquisition?

Corwin_of_Amber
2015-09-24, 04:24 AM
As the title. I've not had much experience with the Inquisitor and do not know many domain powers off the top of my head. Which ones could help an archer-Inquisitor?

MyrPsychologist
2015-09-24, 04:29 AM
I'm a big fan of the possession inquisition. It has a lot of silly potential.

Greenish
2015-09-24, 08:52 AM
Feather sub domain is pretty good. Bonus to Perception equal to half your level should be handy to actually spot your enemies before they're breathing on your face, Initiative boost on surprise rounds doesn't exactly hurt, and an animal companion can be cool.

[EDIT]: Travel Domain is nice for mobility, and Liberation Domain offers automatic Freedom of Movement, both good for not getting bogged down. Trickery and its various sub domains also bear consideration.

Geddy2112
2015-09-24, 09:12 AM
None of the domains are directly archery boosting, but plenty are good in their own right. You probably want to avoid any with a touch ability unless it has utility out of combat. But your domain is there to add something besides ranged combat.

I second liberation, travel, and trickery. Luck is also a really good domain.

Elric VIII
2015-09-24, 02:42 PM
I'm going to second the Animal (Feather) domain. I did this on a melee inquisitor and it worked really well. You can take the bodyguard AC archetype so your companion can always act on the surprise round, then with solo tactics and the lookout teamwork feat you can always act in the surprise round. Other than that, I chose a large bird companion with ranks in stealth and survival to aid another on my skill checks (in addition to the alertness feat that the bodyguard archetype grants).

He was a noncombat companion, but he did work and I got lots of skill bonuses.