PDA

View Full Version : Kobold love!

Zovesta
2007-05-16, 04:37 PM
I think a few kobolds should stay alive! I mean come on they rock! Everytime one of them dies I get sad, anyone else agree?

LordVader
2007-05-16, 04:39 PM
But then Belkar wouldn't have a swanky leather hat!:smallfrown:

FrostXian
2007-05-16, 04:46 PM
He already has two, what is he doing, collecting some for his family?

Jarchh
2007-05-16, 04:54 PM
Kobolds have always annoyed me, I dont know why.. It's not the who stereotypical first level monster thing.. I just think they look dumb I guess.

SurlySeraph
2007-05-16, 06:06 PM
Belkar's need for cool hats and chip bowls takes precedence over your pathetic little philosophical qualms, like "Killing things isn't nice."
Besides, I have a hunch that eventually Belkar's going to end up fighting either Tucker's Kobolds or Pun-Pun. If you know what either of those are, you know that the dead kobolds will be avenged in full.

Twilight Jack
2007-05-16, 06:34 PM
Tucker's Kobolds!!!!!

It's like being reminded of one of my favorite bedtime stories from childhood.

Kjata
2007-05-16, 07:12 PM
Tucker's Kobolds?

And I vaguely know about Pun-Pun, link anyone?

Rasumichin
2007-05-16, 07:20 PM
The most powerful character ever. Enjoy. (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=491801)

Sucrose
2007-05-16, 07:21 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucker's_kobolds

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=491801

Google and Wikipedia are such marvelous inventions:smallsmile:.

Tucker's Kobolds are kobold trapsetting geniuses, and Pun-Pun is the most powerful possible statted Dungeons and Dragons character.

Note, Pun-Pun is now possible from level one using some more splats, using, appropriately enough, a demon.

Edit: ninja'd!

BobTheDog
2007-05-16, 07:26 PM
Long live Tucker's Kobolds! They're an inspiration for every self-respecting kobold...

AND they make for great TPK adventures, if you're a bored DM... :smalltongue:

Rasumichin
2007-05-16, 07:29 PM
ninja'd!

Personally, i prefer the term pirated.:smallwink:

the_tick_rules
2007-05-16, 07:34 PM
they're a 1/4 cr, they've got an uphill climb. has anyone mentioned belkar is fighting hobgobling though.

Aegeus
2007-05-16, 07:39 PM
Worse. They're 1/6th CR

Wrecan
2007-05-16, 07:46 PM
Ironically, that only means that if Roger E. Moore's party had defeatedTucker's kobolds, they wouldn't receive any XP!! :smallwink:

Plactus
2007-05-16, 11:34 PM
Personally, I completely and wholeheartedly support kobold genocide. I blame Shadows of Undrentide – and particularly Deekin – for this speciesist attitude.

BobTheDog
2007-05-16, 11:51 PM
Personally, I completely and wholeheartedly support kobold genocide. I blame Shadows of Undrentide – and particularly Deekin – for this speciesist attitude.

Bah, Deekin is a traitor, he deserves to die!

But other kobolds are decent people, I assure you.

:smalltongue:

Zaldrak
2007-05-17, 05:25 AM
Look! A den of kobolds! Easy XP and treasure for everyone!!!! Yay!!!

Snake-Aes
2007-05-17, 05:29 AM
By Erica Awano
http://www.holyavenger.com.br/img/download/img-grandes/kobolds.GIF

Those Kobolds are just too funny.

Duke of URL
2007-05-17, 08:53 AM
Pun-Pun is the most powerful possible statted Dungeons and Dragons character.
Actually, the point of Pun-Pun is that he's ARBITRARILY powerful, right, using an exploitation of the rules? You could essentially give him any stats you wanted, using the same technique ad nauseum.

Threeshades
2007-05-17, 08:57 AM
By Erica Awano
http://www.holyavenger.com.br/img/download/img-grandes/kobolds.GIF

Those Kobolds are just too funny.

A) I dont see anything funny about them

B) I dont see anything Kobold about them.

RobbyPants
2007-05-17, 08:59 AM
Two hats? I thought he had:

1 hat
1 bowl
1 jar of salsa

The most powerful character ever. Enjoy. (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=491801)
Ah, a great quote from someone on the D&D boards:

Pun Pun may be the most powerful character ever... But can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Kaerou
2007-05-17, 09:18 AM
I think a few kobolds should stay alive! I mean come on they rock! Everytime one of them dies I get sad, anyone else agree?

<3 Hey, i'm still here..! ;)

I agree though. Its the one thing in this comic I hate that leaves me with bad feelings from reading.. I adore D&D Kobolds.

Hmm.. theres still the Oracle too!

Ralfarius
2007-05-17, 11:56 PM
You no take candle!

... Wup, wrong game.

Borris
2007-05-18, 12:23 AM
So far, in the comic, there's been two deaths out of three kobold NPCs.
That's pretty good as far as those little crtters are concerned.

SamDerringer
2007-05-18, 12:45 AM
So far, in the comic, there's been two deaths out of three kobold NPCs.
That's pretty good as far as those little crtters are concerned.

And if you consider Redcloak´s rambling about NPC´s in the introduction of On the Origin of PCs (NPCs don´t have names/80% of them die), the OoTS kobolds are indeed pretty good.

And for as long there is need for a joke concerning weak monsters, kobolds will be there, the little fellas will never be extinct. I remember once, in an old campaign, the DM put a kobold monk NPC just to kick the party´s monk ass. And after the duel, the kobold even thought him monk stuff!!!

SamDerringer
2007-05-18, 12:49 AM

A)- These are from a manga series concerning RPGs in Brazil. The kobolds were drawn pre-D&D, so they have the AD&D appearence, hence the "anything kobold about them".

B)- Well, taste is individual... Although I don´t find them PARTICULARLY funny, they´re nice.

BTW: That´s one cool gnoll (or flind?) in your sig.

Threeshades
2007-05-18, 06:25 AM
A)- These are from a manga series concerning RPGs in Brazil. The kobolds were drawn pre-D&D, so they have the AD&D appearence, hence the "anything kobold about them".

B)- Well, taste is individual... Although I don´t find them PARTICULARLY funny, they´re nice.

BTW: That´s one cool gnoll (or flind?) in your sig.

A) That makes much more sense. I onlye heard something that they looked like dogs in AD&D

B) Nicely drawn, great expressions and poses, i admit.

BTW: Thanks it's a friends character. A Gnoll cleric.

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-18, 06:33 AM
The title of this thread made me very aprehensive in clicking on it.:smalleek:

EyethatBinds
2007-05-18, 12:36 PM
It's only a matter of time until Yikyik's Mrs. comes calling for revenge for her dear husband and slightly less dear son [since he seemed quasi-good]. Or Yokyok will also have a son who is fully grown and after Belkar once they go after the fourth gate in the desert. They grow up so fast and then die on the waiting blade of adventurers.

MagMagus
2007-05-18, 01:14 PM

Actually, I believe Belkar turned Yokyok's head into a chip bowl.

Threeshades
2007-05-18, 04:48 PM
It's only a matter of time until Yikyik's Mrs. comes calling for revenge for her dear husband and slightly less dear son [since he seemed quasi-good]. Or Yokyok will also have a son who is fully grown and after Belkar once they go after the fourth gate in the desert. They grow up so fast and then die on the waiting blade of adventurers.

well actually Yokyok might have a lot of adult grandsons, since kobolds become adult with little more than 10 years but live for over hundred years he might very well have at least 3 more descendants after his son

Gaelbert
2007-05-18, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Kresalak
Pun Pun may be the most powerful character ever... But can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

If I remember correctly, Pun-Pun's creator responded to that by saying that Pun-Pun was created to see why people were coo-coo for cocoa puffs, and alas, Pun-Pun could do neither. I'm just running off of memory, so I could be wrong. Feel free to correct me.

BobTheDog
2007-05-18, 11:46 PM
If I remember correctly, Pun-Pun's creator responded to that by saying that Pun-Pun was created to see why people were coo-coo for cocoa puffs, and alas, Pun-Pun could do neither. I'm just running off of memory, so I could be wrong. Feel free to correct me.

I feel free to correct you. I don't know exactly how I'll do that, but feeling free was a great offer. :smalltongue:

And, in response to the guy who posted before saying kobolds are easy XP and treasure (I'm too lazy to pick up a quote), I repeat:Tucker's kobolds (http://www.tuckerskobolds.com/).

Lizard Lord
2007-05-19, 12:29 AM

Perhaps not, but there are those that can.

http://www.fanboys-online.com/index.php?cid=171

Sorry had to get that out of my system.

As for the turner's kobold thing, I am not that surprised. In my opinion both kobolds and goblins don't always get the recognition as the trap making geniuses that they are.

SamDerringer
2007-05-19, 06:14 PM
The smaller they are, the dirtier they fight...

Zovesta
2007-05-25, 09:39 PM
Belkar's need for cool hats and chip bowls takes precedence over your pathetic little philosophical qualms, like "Killing things isn't nice."

I love the death in this comic, and I don't mind it. I just LOVE kobolds. I am obbsessed. And I wanted to know it anyone agreed that we love kobolds

Zovesta
2007-05-25, 09:41 PM

DEEEEEEEEKIN! MY BABY!*glomps*

Zovesta
2007-05-25, 09:43 PM
Bah, Deekin is a traitor, he deserves to die!

But other kobolds are decent people, I assure you.

:smalltongue:

*covers Deekins ear holes* my FRIEND Deekin rocks. The otehr kobolds just want to thieve and kill, no personality. DEEKIN is awesome.

Zovesta
2007-05-25, 09:48 PM
You no take candle!

... Wup, wrong game.

World of Warcraft rejoice! I'm talking lizard guys here.

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-05-25, 10:32 PM
Ironically, we had something similar happen in a game of Werewolf: the Apocalypse...however, our version of Tucker's Kobolds was much more humiliating...a single human who had 'high' but not maxed stats.

Against a pack of 6 werewolves, he managed to singlehandedly incapacitate all 6 and kidnap one member...turned the tide of an assault on a pentex Facility in the enemy's favor by stalling a pack and killing the alpha...and our favorite...eluded the 3 pack warparty (about 12 PC's and a few NPC's), rendered several members blind/deaf/incapable of smell, fatally wounded 4 pack members (only on the spot healing kept them from certian death), and rigged the building to explode and collapse on everyone...only the sacrifice of a PC alloed the remaining members to get out before the place exploded and dropped the building...the guy got away every time and never had a single wound on him.

I respected our ST for his ingenuity...but we feared that guy more than an entire hive of Black Spiral Dancers, or wyrm things...$#@$#@' human...and no...he had not a single mystical piece of equipment or buff...just him, normal gear, and skillz that would make mcguyver applaud.

Grey Watcher
2007-05-25, 10:33 PM
Maybe Belkar wants to kill all these kobolds because...... long ago, Belkar was a typical halfling. A happy, well-adjusted family man. Unfortunately, he suffered a psychotic break and became the depraved lunatic we all know and love (to hate, in some cases) on the black day when...

KOBOLDS ATE HIS BABY!

Sorry, I had to say it.

Zaldrak
2007-05-26, 10:01 AM
Maybe Belkar wants to kill all these kobolds because...... long ago, Belkar was a typical halfling. A happy, well-adjusted family man. Unfortunately, he suffered a psychotic break and became the depraved lunatic we all know and love (to hate, in some cases) on the black day when...

KOBOLDS ATE HIS BABY!

Sorry, I had to say it.

Yeah. That, or maybe just because killing kobolds is fun, and doing that in ways that horrify his team mates is even more fun.

Zovesta
2007-05-26, 04:14 PM

KOBOLDS ATE HIS BABY!

Sorry, I had to say it.

Wow...I do feel kinda sorry for him now... but jeez! Those kobolds didn't eat his baby! Don't kill them all! But yes man...taht is sad...

Zovesta
2007-05-26, 04:16 PM

Kobolds can be little men, lizard things, dog things or rat things. There are diffrent versions of them

dakiwiboid
2007-05-26, 07:07 PM
Huh...I always thought Belkar killed all the kobolds because he was hoping for more chips and salsa. :smallbiggrin:

Zhrec
2007-05-26, 07:28 PM
Why stop killing them??? No one worry for hobos or orks, why not let Belkar have some more hats and bows?

Grey Watcher
2007-05-27, 12:20 AM
Wow...I do feel kinda sorry for him now... but jeez! Those kobolds didn't eat his baby! Don't kill them all! But yes man...taht is sad...

No one got the reference? Wow. I was just trying to make a joke about the Kobolds Ate My Baby game supplement in the issue of Dork Tower they were giving away at Pandemonium Wednesday night.....:smalleek:

Zovesta
2007-05-27, 10:31 AM
No one got the reference? Wow. I was just trying to make a joke about the Kobolds Ate My Baby game supplement in the issue of Dork Tower they were giving away at Pandemonium Wednesday night.....:smalleek:

LOL XD I didn't get it

Zovesta
2007-05-27, 10:33 AM
I Am Not Demanding To Stop Kobolds Dieing. I Am Just Stating My Opionion.

Ladorak
2007-05-27, 10:47 AM
Some may question Belker's right to kill ten thousand Kobolds, those who truly understand question his right to let them live.

Emperor Ing
2007-05-27, 11:49 AM
I couldnt care less if Belkar made more of his swanky leather hats, or used heads as chip bowls, and I make my salsa from the same way belkar does, only I use a different 'natural ingredient.' but this makes me mad!
Personally, I completely and wholeheartedly support kobold genocide. :smallmad: some of my best friends are Kobold! I will die before this happens!
I think a few kobolds should stay alive! I mean come on they rock! Everytime one of them dies I get sad, anyone else agree? of course! The thing is though, The kobolds that were too weak to stand against Belkar deserved their fate! :smallconfused:

Zovesta
2007-05-30, 01:20 AM
I couldnt care less if Belkar made more of his swanky leather hats, or used heads as chip bowls, and I make my salsa from the same way belkar does, only I use a different 'natural ingredient.' but this makes me mad! :smallmad: some of my best friends are Kobold! I will die before this happens! of course! The thing is though, The kobolds that were too weak to stand against Belkar deserved their fate! :smallconfused:

Good point, why can't a whole bunch of kobolds eitehr stay away from him or when he's going to kill them they just corner him in a dark alley? They coudl out-number him.

BobTheDog
2007-05-30, 01:58 AM
Good point, why can't a whole bunch of kobolds eitehr stay away from him or when he's going to kill them they just corner him in a dark alley? They coudl out-number him.

They're waiting to get him at the right moment. They're always waiting. And watching.

Zovesta
2007-06-01, 02:27 AM
They're waiting to get him at the right moment. They're always waiting. And watching.

I see your point.

Dusk_Rider
2007-06-02, 03:12 PM
I personally love kobolds. I think at least 50% of my adventures have involved kobolds to at least some degree.

TheNovak
2007-06-02, 05:18 PM
I've loved kobolds ever since that "Ecology of the Adventurer" article in Dragon #342. Poor guys.

Also, I liked Deekin. Seeing him in NWN2 made my day :smallsmile:

SurlySeraph
2007-06-02, 06:22 PM
^ Roof! Deekin have roof!

Kobold Buccaneer
2007-06-02, 11:11 PM
Remember Gael.

Finn Solomon
2007-06-03, 12:18 AM
If this keeps up Belkar can set up his own business of practical Kobold products for use around the house.

evileeyore
2007-06-03, 12:19 AM
^ Roof! Deekin have roof!

To all the Deekin lovers... Tomi Undergallows was the BOMB!

A better sociopathic halfling I have never seen...

I used to put Tomi on Aggro mode with melee and just watch him sprint about murdering things with his knives... (no the irony is not llost on me).

When I learned he wasn't in the expansions, I refused to play them...

Zovesta
2007-06-06, 12:06 AM
I've loved kobolds ever since that "Ecology of the Adventurer" article in Dragon #342. Poor guys.

Also, I liked Deekin. Seeing him in NWN2 made my day :smallsmile:

YAY! I never played NWN2 but I did see a shoer comic about Deekin's adventures after he left teh boss XD Deekin rocks. I made a fanfic abotu him and my PC, my sister's fanfic STARS Deekin(from his poitn of view and stuffs) it's a romance =D

Zovesta
2007-06-06, 12:10 AM
To all the Deekin lovers... Tomi Undergallows was the BOMB!

A better sociopathic halfling I have never seen...

I used to put Tomi on Aggro mode with melee and just watch him sprint about murdering things with his knives... (no the irony is not llost on me).

When I learned he wasn't in the expansions, I refused to play them...

Ah god! How could I forget about HIM? XD Tomi and Deekin rocked XD:smallbiggrin: